Logging internal spammer?

Is there a way I can log who is sending a lot of email?  I suspect that
someone internally has a virus or malware program that is sending spam via
our Exchange 2003 server.  When I look in the queue I see a ton of things
that shouldn't be there.  I just want to relay for the three domains I host
and nothing more.  Is there a way to stop this?  Better yet, find the IP of
the offender and format the machine.

thanks

You can track messages with message tracking center to see
who is sending all emails. and you can filter email by
recipient

Unable to log into my Outlook mail
I can log into my win2k domain, but when I open my outlook I get prompted for username, password,and domain. When I enter the correct info, the system replies that it's incorrect. I have tried changing passwords and many other fixes, including uninstalling and reinstalling office and still can't get it to work. I can log into outlook and my account from a different computer, but not from mine. Scanned my computer with Norton NAV. On the client side, using Outlook 2002, with winXP sp1, office 2002 sp1 & 2. On the server side, using echange 2000 with sp 3, windows 2000 ser...

Online Log Size
I've got a 40G SS 2005 table without indexes that I need to add a clustered index to. I know that if I do a standard index addition, it will write out about 40G to the log and I was hoping to avoid that. If do the ONLINE option for building this clustered index, will it write out significantly less to the log by any chance? Nope - but, you can try changing the recovery model to BULK-LOGGED and seeing if that reduces the amount of data recorded in the transaction log. Remember to change the recovery model back to full after the index has been rebuilt. Note: the transact...

Circular Logging
Can circular logging in Exchange 2003 really free up 20 GB of hard disk space? I enabled it and I was amazed to see my free space five-fold. yip, not necessarily 20mb but just make sure u backup the transaction logs, u will need when u do a restore of your database. "Josh" <Josh@puzzled.com> wrote in message news:26a701c4aada$a7d2f7b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can circular logging in Exchange 2003 really free up 20 GB > of hard disk space? I enabled it and I was amazed to see > my free space five-fold. Josh wrote: > Can circular logging in Exchange 2003 r...

log events in the event log
I want to be able to track when a user connects to their mailbox. I have someone who is trying to connect to other mailboxes and I want this to be log in the event log. I would like to show the user name and the mailbox they tried to connect to in the same event. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help... Question for you...Does this person who is attempting to connect to the mailboxes have full exchange administrator rights on the Exchange Org? If so, you may want to refer to a previous post as this same question was asked and then answered. Jermaine "faf19...

Diagnostics Logging
Some email to some domains can't be delivered showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host" What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this? THanks also, where does it log too be default? "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uxUhWt9eEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Some email to some domains can't be delivered > showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host" > > What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this? > > THanks > > ...

"Data Access Page" is not available in 2007, How to solve the internal network user's visit to the ACCESS ?
Dear all, According to the previous discussion I posted in this group, I understand that ACCESS 2007 do not have the "Data Access Page" functionality. I want to know in ACCESS 2007, how can my collegues, using the internal network, can visit and input data in my ACCESS document ? ( In ACCESS 2003, I use "Data Access Page" to let my collegues use my ACCESS document. ) Thanks. Martin Martin, The first thing that comes to mind is Sharepoint... http://sharepoint2007.microsoft.com/Pages/Default.aspx -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access...

Problem with log in to Vista
I've got a problem with my Vista (Home Premium) I tried to log in in the morning and this problem occured - all of my desktop icons (same goes to wallpaper) vanished, my Windows taskbar won't open and I can only browse my computer through one explorer window that popped out during a log in (I can browse all the areas/hdd's of my pc) I scanned my OS with AVG antivir but the problem still occurs. It's been 8 months since I install the system (and i've got all the updates) and I never had a problem like this before. What is it? Is it a virus or any other piece of m...

creating a log sheet
Hi all, I've created a method to capture current user (network username) and a date / time stamp. I want this output to be logged on a hidden sheet called 'log' strangely enough! How does it find the next available line in log to output to? tia see if this will help you. you didn't give too specific of a description, so hopefully this is what you're looking for lastRow = Worksheets("log").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row range("A: & lastrow +1) = "your date/time stamp code" -- Gary "sacrum" <sacrum...

How to log internet header of incoming emails?
Hello, I want to log internet header of incoming emails. I want to see the content of the Bcc field. Is it possible? And if yes, how and where I have to config the log settings in exchange server? We use exchange 2000. Thanks. Regards Christian You can create a rudimentary log of incoming mail using the SMTP protocol logging feature of the SMTP virtual server. It will not record the BCC field or any of the message content, though. The BCC field would be inside the RFC 2822 header of the message. To record anything in that you would need an SMTP protocol sink. The Archive sink mig...

OWA, log in to .. log out?
hi Exch 2k3 1 FE server no forms based auth here(yet) This weekend I put a FE server out and put a SSL cerfiticate on it. The name in the certificate is not the same as the server, however our internet facing DNS has an A record for it with the name that is used in the certificate. after the migration I have a small number of users, about 10 out of 1000 that when using OWA get asked to enter credentials when they click "log off". why? Also, because i think its maybe related. This FE server is physically inside our network behind a pix. One thing I wanted to achieve but...

log-log charts
can't create log-log chart in excel 2000. There is a selection under format axis to choose log scale for the Y- axis but there is no selection for choosing log scale for the x-axis. can anyone help? Hi CT, You need to plot a xy-scatter in order to have log scale on the x axis. Sounds like you are using the line chart type. Where the x axis is a category axis. Cheers Andy CT wrote: > can't create log-log chart in excel 2000. There is a > selection under format axis to choose log scale for the Y- > axis but there is no selection for choosing log scale for > the x-...

How to find out if a user has logged on ?
Hi: Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user) has already logged on to the machine ? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris You can use NetWkstaGetInfo with a level of 102 to get the number of logged on users. And NetWkstaUserGetInfo will give you information about the logged in user. AliR. "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pmkzBWYFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user) > has already logged on to the machine ? > > Thanks In Advanc...

Deleting logs from tracking.log in 5.5
some logs got deleted "on the fly" from the tracking.log folder (so, with all services running) I'm wondering if this might affect my exchange server adversely ... don't see anything yet, but I'm holding my breath and reserving the right to throw someone in the fire. anyone? thanks in advance, Mauricio. On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:09:02 -0800, mcalvo <mcalvo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >some logs got deleted "on the fly" from the tracking.log folder (so, with all >services running) > >I'm wondering if this might affect my exchange s...

Lots of application event log entries... is this normal?
I need a bit of help making some sense out of my event log. Hopefully someone can lend a hand. Sorry if this is long. I have an Exchange Server 2003 recently set up and servicing a 50-user company. I was browsing the application even log and I am getting regular and frequent (several every minute, to every few minutes) warnings and one particular error. I believe that most of these are related. BTW the system is performing just fine, I am just uneasy with the presence of all of those warnings . Here are the symptoms I have observed are: Error/Event ID: 7004 - no help from Micros...

Can not see Domain box when logging into OWA
Exchanger Server 2000, Windows 2000 Server. We have a Windows 2003 DC. Our client computers running XP are not able to login into OWA because they can't see the domain box, when they enter in their username and password. What can I do? Have them logon with their UPN. user@yourADDomain.local On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:23:01 -0700, "Kristina" <Kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchanger Server 2000, Windows 2000 Server. We have a Windows 2003 DC. Our >client computers running XP are not able to login into OWA because they can't >see the d...

Where are Exchange 2000 log files?
Hello: I need to have a look at log files. Where can I find them? Is there a way to activate/deactivate/change level of Exchange 2000 log messages? Thank you very much. Manuel. Which log files? Transaction log files? Check the properties of the Storage Group to find out the location of the transaction logs. You can't read them though. They are not in a format that can be read by any text editor. SMTP log files? Event logs? Can you clarify what you are looking for? You can enable additional logging on many of the components of Exchange (ESM, Server properties, Diagnostics logg...

how do i get a log log plot without taking log
Format each axis; open Scale tab and check the Logarithmic Scale option box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "sri" <sri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B743FB5-AE93-4FC9-80B4-1C9C11B69FDD@microsoft.com... > sri - Create an XY (Scatter) chart type. For each axis, select the axis, and choose Format Axis | Scale | Logarithmic Scale. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

can open 1 picture unless logged in as Administrator???
Help please????!!! Unless i log in as Administrator, i can only insert 1 picture in MS Publisher 97? I get told the graphics filters are not installed, but i have done a full install? Ms clients are running windows 2000 OS and are locked down via group policy. Any help would be great Thanks, Carl. Publisher (especially the older versions I hear) doesn't like playing with networks. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carlos1981" <Carlos1981@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642AAFF8-D25F-4AC5-B90E-33AC25E17663@microsoft.com... > Help p...

Log Files & EDB
Hi All, Our Exchange server has been generating multiple log files in the MDBDATA folder. Each one of them is exactly 5120KB and there are about a dozen or more just from today. Also our priv1.edb has grown to almost 90GB! which is alarming because our totalled mailbox size is around 16GB. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly apreciated. Thanks, Shervan Do a full backup..that will commit the log files to the DB, and then delete them. You need to schedule full backups routinely.... "Shervan Torabi" <storabi@cox.net> wrote in message news:e%23S%23TQrLHHA....

tg
I have been running 2 Exchange 2000 servers for 2 years. I recently installed an Exchange 2003 server and moved all mailboxes from one of the Exchange 2000 servers to this new 2k3 server. It was 35 mailboxes and all worked fine. I have had no problems whatsoever as I took my time making sure to prep everything needed for a smooth transition to Exchange 2003. I now have one Exchange 2003 server and one Exchange 2003 server running. This morning I setup a new computer (XP Pro SP2) for an existing user that already has a mailbox on the Exchange 2003 server. When configuring Outlook 2003 ...

Backups, Logs, Databases.. Logs written when? Serious Problem
I have a server with 2500 Exchange 2003 Users, 3 Storage Groups, 4 Stores per group. I had to move around a bunch of users between mailbox stores within same storage group on all groups. Problem, now I have 21gigs in the logs and only 13 gigs left on my database spindles. If I run a full backup server will shut down? Not enough space on database spindles. Do I need to run and offline defrag? Do I need to move some mailboxes off server? Will moving mailboxes increase log size? -- DCMETRO1 On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:22:01 -0700, "DCMETRO1" <DCMETRO1@discussions.microsoft....

SMTP log link2state growth
Any one have any ideas about why SMTP logs would grow out of control with link2state communication? We have an Ex2k3 server that has had 3 instances where this has happened. 2 seemed to be associated with power outages. One was in our own building where Ex2k3 didn't go down, but both DCs did, and of course it was isolated from the rest of the world. The other power outage occured at another location that houses our organizations central Exchange servers. They are the hub in our hub and spoke messaging structure. The third time, happened when we brought up our old Ex2k server th...

Block Internal Mail
I've seen a lot of posts about blocking users from sending out to the internet ... but is there a way to restrict users from sending to specific other users. ie: Accounting Dept can send email to HR Department ... and Shipping Dept can send email to HR Department ... but Shipping Dept can not send email to Accounting Dept and Accounting Dept can not send email to Shipping Dept. Is that possible? using groups to sort out who can and can't send to whom? In our old Linux server, we used procmail filters to reject messages between certain users. "Jim" <Jim@discus...

MISSING LOG FILES
The latest log files are missing. we have no backup. can we use an earlier log file. We currently cannot mount database. Thank You for any hekp SCP Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896143 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "SCP" <SCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66FE5E55-9830-46B5-BA1E-8F7D7C5CD884@microsoft.com... > The latest log files are missing. we have no backup. can we use an earlier > log file. We currently cannot mount database. > Thank You for any hekp > > SCP...

IMF
Hi all! Is there any way to disable IMF logging in EventLog? AppLog is growing up too much. Thanx! -- R.V. ...