Logging in to all Exchange mailboxes in a domain with a single acc

Guys,
I need your help on this. What right(s) do I have to assign to my account in
Active Directory to be able to logon to all mailboxes in my domain from OWA.
I am the email administrator in my organization.

Thanks for your urgent response.
--
Buchi

0
Buchi (48)

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:15:58 -0700, "Buchi"
<Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Guys,
>I need your help on this. What right(s) do I have to assign to my account in
>Active Directory to be able to logon to all mailboxes in my domain from OWA.
>I am the email administrator in my organization.
>
>Thanks for your urgent response.

As an email administrator you wouldn't normally be required to have
access to each and every mailbox but you can do it, if necessary, by
following:
http://www.petri.co.il/grant_full_mailbox_rights_on_exchange_2000_2003.htm

0
mark7219 (5666)

Unable to log into my Outlook mail
I can log into my win2k domain, but when I open my outlook I get prompted for username, password,and domain. When I enter the correct info, the system replies that it's incorrect. I have tried changing passwords and many other fixes, including uninstalling and reinstalling office and still can't get it to work. I can log into outlook and my account from a different computer, but not from mine. Scanned my computer with Norton NAV. On the client side, using Outlook 2002, with winXP sp1, office 2002 sp1 & 2. On the server side, using echange 2000 with sp 3, windows 2000 ser...

Uninstalling Exchange 2003
Hi, have an ex2003 box i am trying to uninstall because i need to move to another server. I have done all according to this article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125110.aspx When i go to uninstall Exchange, i get the following message: The component "MS Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox dtore on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server. I have moved all mai...

Question about exchange in sbs
Hello, I am new to small business server. Downloaded it and installed trial today. Can I use exchange only for offline personal folders, shared contacts and calendars, etc. but still use my web host company email accounts? I have no desire to bring web hosting or email servers on site but I still want the full features of Outlook and exchange when people are at work. Thanks, "Splunk" <george@waypointsigns.com> wrote in message news:3377533d-cbd1-4be4-ba78-d5809f5fc6d6@13g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I am new to small business server. Downloaded i...

large email in exchange unable to delete
Hello, I've been looking for a solution, but nothing yet has worked. I have a user on Outlook 2003 who tried to send a 600MB file two days ago. it didn't go through, but she didn't receive a "could not send" notice, it's not in her sent mail folder, and she's now getting size limit warnings. Her local mailbox size doesn't reflect the size of the attachment, but using Exchange System Manager her total size is 600MB higher. Nothing that we have tried on the client has worked to remove the email, including procedures that have been suggested on this newsgroup. D...

Online Log Size
I've got a 40G SS 2005 table without indexes that I need to add a clustered index to. I know that if I do a standard index addition, it will write out about 40G to the log and I was hoping to avoid that. If do the ONLINE option for building this clustered index, will it write out significantly less to the log by any chance? Nope - but, you can try changing the recovery model to BULK-LOGGED and seeing if that reduces the amount of data recorded in the transaction log. Remember to change the recovery model back to full after the index has been rebuilt. Note: the transact...

Save single pages????
Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back together. thanks, L. Hi L/P (info@wabashrealty.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. || Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? || Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would || like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back || together. || || ...

Circular Logging
Can circular logging in Exchange 2003 really free up 20 GB of hard disk space? I enabled it and I was amazed to see my free space five-fold. yip, not necessarily 20mb but just make sure u backup the transaction logs, u will need when u do a restore of your database. "Josh" <Josh@puzzled.com> wrote in message news:26a701c4aada$a7d2f7b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can circular logging in Exchange 2003 really free up 20 GB > of hard disk space? I enabled it and I was amazed to see > my free space five-fold. Josh wrote: > Can circular logging in Exchange 2003 r...

log events in the event log
I want to be able to track when a user connects to their mailbox. I have someone who is trying to connect to other mailboxes and I want this to be log in the event log. I would like to show the user name and the mailbox they tried to connect to in the same event. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help... Question for you...Does this person who is attempting to connect to the mailboxes have full exchange administrator rights on the Exchange Org? If so, you may want to refer to a previous post as this same question was asked and then answered. Jermaine "faf19...

Diagnostics Logging
Some email to some domains can't be delivered showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host" What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this? THanks also, where does it log too be default? "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uxUhWt9eEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Some email to some domains can't be delivered > showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host" > > What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this? > > THanks > > ...

HOW TO: Specify Exchange Server Settings for Outlook 2002 User Profiles in the C
Hello, I need to set the username with a custom variable setting for the user's logon name during the installation of Office XP. In the Custom installation Wizard I set the username as %BRANCH_NUMBER% and before i run the unattenede installation of Office XP my batch file sets the variable as %BRANCH_NUMBER% but this does not work. Any suggetsion is appreciated, Thanks, Prasanna ...

Exchange Investments
I am using Money 2006 Deluxe and want to know how to exchange investments within an IRA account. I could record a sell then a buy I guess but my bank facilitates "exchanges" where I can exchange funds between investments. What is the proper way to record this transaction? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Dana Van Tassel wrote: >I am using Money 2006 Deluxe and want to know how to exchange investments >within an IRA account. I could record a sell then a buy I guess but my bank >facilitates "exchanges" where I can exchange funds between investments. What ...

Exchange 2000 Store.exe hangs after 1 hour
Running Exchange 2000 Enterprise w/ SP3, post-rollup 3, and the Hotfix for 883527 (Virtual Memory Fragmentation) on a Dell PowerEdge 2650 Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz and 2GB of memory, supporting around 100 users. After having some minor connectivity issues last week, I re-installed Exchange a couple of days ago along with the above mentioned packs and fixes. I also did a defrag on the database and ran isinteg as well. Problem is now that Store.exe will hang every hour almost to the exact minute. After restarting the process, it will start out at 20mb and go up to an average of 120mb. During this ti...

Retrieving data from Exchange Server #2
I have recieved this message: "Retrieving data from Exchange Server - and if I cancel the message I fail to connect to Calendar or my Inbox. The message appears sporadically as most times I can switch between Calendar and Inbox . The Outlook get stuck until I close the Outlook. Some one know how can I disable this message? This message indicates that Outlook senses slowness in Exchange response and can almost literally be caused by anything from Outlook to the Exchange Server and anything in between. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backup...

mailbox store is dead in an odd way
I think my volume ran out of space and the db corrupted itself. I tried repair and defrag, but I was only briefly able to log on and see a mailbox. I tried it again (using eseutil) but it had no further effect. So I created another private store on a different drive and moved the mailboxes over to it. Surprisingly there were no errors. I then dismounted the original (and I assume corrupt) store, but I still can't get OWA to connect to the server. Trying to connect to the server with MAPI gives unreliable results. Outlook claims to be unable to connect to the server to browse th...

Problem with log in to Vista
I've got a problem with my Vista (Home Premium) I tried to log in in the morning and this problem occured - all of my desktop icons (same goes to wallpaper) vanished, my Windows taskbar won't open and I can only browse my computer through one explorer window that popped out during a log in (I can browse all the areas/hdd's of my pc) I scanned my OS with AVG antivir but the problem still occurs. It's been 8 months since I install the system (and i've got all the updates) and I never had a problem like this before. What is it? Is it a virus or any other piece of m...

Exchanging products
I am having great problems exchanging products. Is there an easier way of doing it rather than creating a refund and selling a new product? Ideally, I would like to do it in one transaction and have a receipt that shows the product coming in and another being sold. Help. Post the return transaction. Then undo the return mode and post the exchange transaction. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "baf" <baf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0079D423-8187-4A45-8282-92D3DC6F107B@microsoft.com... >I am h...

creating a log sheet
Hi all, I've created a method to capture current user (network username) and a date / time stamp. I want this output to be logged on a hidden sheet called 'log' strangely enough! How does it find the next available line in log to output to? tia see if this will help you. you didn't give too specific of a description, so hopefully this is what you're looking for lastRow = Worksheets("log").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row range("A: & lastrow +1) = "your date/time stamp code" -- Gary "sacrum" <sacrum...

exchange 5.5 backup
if i am using windows 2000 server with exchange 5.5 do i need to stop the the services before i take the backup ? Thanks sizly No you don't. If you run the NTBACKUP app (start > Progs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup) you will see the Exchange appear as an additional section at the bottom of your backup screen. If you don't have the tape drive or the desire to back up from the actual server itself you can run the Exchange setup and install only the Administration Components onto any machine with a tape or space to store the backup. You will then (with the rig...

How to log internet header of incoming emails?
Hello, I want to log internet header of incoming emails. I want to see the content of the Bcc field. Is it possible? And if yes, how and where I have to config the log settings in exchange server? We use exchange 2000. Thanks. Regards Christian You can create a rudimentary log of incoming mail using the SMTP protocol logging feature of the SMTP virtual server. It will not record the BCC field or any of the message content, though. The BCC field would be inside the RFC 2822 header of the message. To record anything in that you would need an SMTP protocol sink. The Archive sink mig...

OWA, log in to .. log out?
hi Exch 2k3 1 FE server no forms based auth here(yet) This weekend I put a FE server out and put a SSL cerfiticate on it. The name in the certificate is not the same as the server, however our internet facing DNS has an A record for it with the name that is used in the certificate. after the migration I have a small number of users, about 10 out of 1000 that when using OWA get asked to enter credentials when they click "log off". why? Also, because i think its maybe related. This FE server is physically inside our network behind a pix. One thing I wanted to achieve but...

having 2 exchange servers in a network
I am trying to get our IT to allow me to bring a test Exchange 2000 server to our network that is also a Domain Controller but the live domain and my domian are of course different. Can you tell me why i should not have these servers on the same network because to me they are so separate and there is no way a conflict would occur. thanks if the servers are in differnet domains not part of the same forest and there is no forest trust relationship setup then they wont care about eachother ...

E-mail domain black listed...help!
Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being used to relay spam. Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves? We'd hate to have to change our domain name. We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's blacklisted at the name level. Thanks. Hello Jerry At the bottom of the following article is some information that will help you. 300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing List of Domains http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580 -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Excha...

log-log charts
can't create log-log chart in excel 2000. There is a selection under format axis to choose log scale for the Y- axis but there is no selection for choosing log scale for the x-axis. can anyone help? Hi CT, You need to plot a xy-scatter in order to have log scale on the x axis. Sounds like you are using the line chart type. Where the x axis is a category axis. Cheers Andy CT wrote: > can't create log-log chart in excel 2000. There is a > selection under format axis to choose log scale for the Y- > axis but there is no selection for choosing log scale for > the x-...

How to find out if a user has logged on ?
Hi: Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user) has already logged on to the machine ? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris You can use NetWkstaGetInfo with a level of 102 to get the number of logged on users. And NetWkstaUserGetInfo will give you information about the logged in user. AliR. "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pmkzBWYFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user) > has already logged on to the machine ? > > Thanks In Advanc...

Should I install Oulook on my Exchange Server?
I once read a Microsoft TechNet paper that you should never install Outlook on your Exchange server. Anyone know where I can find that paper? Thanks for your help. Clayton Hi Clayton, Microsoft does not recommend installing Exchange Server and Outlook on the same computer: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266418 -- Regards, Marina Microsoft SBS-MVP One of the Magical M&M's "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> schreef in bericht news:uelk8646EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I once read a Microsoft TechNet paper that you should never install Outlook > on y...