Location dropdown in Meeting Request

Hello all...
    I'm using Outlook 2003, with Exchange 2003. I want to populate the
drop-down list for the location of a new meeting request. So, if I open a
new meeting request in Outlook, the Location box has a drop-down. I want to
populate it with the names of the meeting room calendars we have in our
public folder tree. Can someone tell me how to do this, or, point me to an
article on it?
Thank you for your time.
Ed

0
ed.jackson (63)

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:16:33 -0400, "Ed"
<ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote:

>Hello all...
>    I'm using Outlook 2003, with Exchange 2003. I want to populate the
>drop-down list for the location of a new meeting request. So, if I open a
>new meeting request in Outlook, the Location box has a drop-down. I want to
>populate it with the names of the meeting room calendars we have in our
>public folder tree. Can someone tell me how to do this, or, point me to an
>article on it?
>Thank you for your time.
>Ed

That drop down list is in Outlook and has no bearing on Exchange. It
will differ from user to use. You can't pre-poulate the list and have
it appear in everyones Outlook.

0
mark7219 (5666)

GetLBText( ) only apply for Dropdown List Combo?
Hi, I saw the manual that GetLBText( ) only apply for Dropdown List Combo, but I used the function to the dropdown combobox(not a droplist combobox)on my program, I found it did also work well. Why? Thanks a lot Julia "Julia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034001c3d624$691f46d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I saw the manual that GetLBText( ) only apply for > Dropdown List Combo, but I used the function to the > dropdown combobox(not a droplist combobox)on my program, > I found it did also work well. > Why? I don't think it...

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Meeting Invitation to Bcc
I want to send meeting invitations to some without making other attendees aware. I wish I had the option of sending invitations to Cc and Bcc addresses. I can't find a way to make it happen. -- Jim See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/ccmeeting.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PE...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

New Meeting Request option grayed out??
Hi, I've recently installed MS Office Ultimate 2007 and am using the Outlook Calendar for the first time so not very familiar with it. I am trying to schedule a Meeting. I dont know if i've got some setting wrong on the toolbar but under Actions, the option for New Meeting Request is grayed out. Also when i alternatively click File then New, there is no option for New Meeting. Appreciate any help, Cheers Gina :) ...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

Automatically decline meeting requests even if not set
Does anybody have information as how to stop meeting requests from being automatically declined even though the option is not checked for that to happen? Any help would be grateful. Thank you ...

Meeting invitation responses
Hello, in Outlook 2007, how can the responses to a meeting invitation be directed to someone other than the person who sends the invitation? SJJ;118358 Wrote: > Hello, in Outlook 2007, how can the responses to a meeting invitation be > directed to someone other than the person who sends the invitation? I don't think that's possible. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Drawing a different ComboxBox Dropdown button.
Has anyone ever done this? I have overloaded the DrawItem and draw a different button, but I keep getting 3 Paint events for each mouse move when the cursor is over the Combobox... This causes the button to flutter. Any ideas how to solve this? Golum256, Getting that many paint, you might want to look at the code for the rest of the control, do you have any mouse-move handling that invalidates the control, for example? You might also want to double-buffer the drawing of the item - that is, draw to a memory CDC and blit the complete line in one operation. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekani...

Meeting invitation is not updated in the Outlook 2010 calendar
Hi Experts, One of the user is using outlook 2010 for send/receive mails. Exchange server is 2003 with Windows 2003 The user is sending meeting request but his calendar is not updating with meeting request . I searched for the issue but not able to found which will help me solve this issue. The user is using single pc for accessing mails and he has no proble while receiving meeting request He is only facing problem when send meeting request. in the net they mentioning about the receiving meeting request but no one is mentioning about sending meeting request and not up...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Stop automatically sending meeting requests.
Hi, I've currently got an issue with the calendar. For some unknown reason every time I get a meeting request, my manager also gets one. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to stop it? Thanks, J. And just to clarify, I have removed his name from the delegates tab and the shared calendar. Could it be something to do with his settings? Any pointers would be welcome. Thanks, Paul. it was because he was a delegate. How long ago did you make the change? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? ht...

How to locate differences between two sheets/ranges?
Well, here's my problem: each day here at work I receive a file with updated info on specific data. Form is always the same -specific number of columns with the same type of data, only the number of rows may change. However, every day I have to go through the data to see what has been changed and/or what has been added/dropped. Is there any way to do this easily? Kind regards Th Hi Have a look here for some ideas. I'm sure one of them will suit: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Andy. "Gryzor" <Gryzor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Locating a Table object
I am having a problem with the following code: Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object Set dbs = Application.CurrentData For Each obj In dbs.AllTables If obj.IsLoaded = True Then If TblObj.Name = strHoldTableName Then MsgBox "Another user is viewing this record" intBeingViewed = 1 Exit For End If End If Next obj This code is intended to check if a table with the (string) name strHoldTableName exists, but it's not working. Am I missing a reference, or is there another set of cod...

Getting 552 Requested mail action aborted: (from one user on Hotmail)
I have a home user that is using a Hotmail account to communicate with our company. She can email us perfectly fine when she composes a new message...however, when she attempts to reply to a message sent from us, she is getting back and undeliverable message as follows: name@domain.com SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host mail.domain.com [xx.x.xxx.xx]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation She gets this message even with no attachements. The host domain name and IP address are both correct as well as the email address (obviously since...

relative file path location
Hi all, I am using Excel XP on a network at my work place, my problem is that if I have two excel workbooks, one of which links to the other. Now if I have the both files open the link "file path" is straight forward, however if one files is shut the link obviously contains the full file path location. open = file name / cell closed = file path / file name / cell My problem is that I would like to email both of the files but I understand that if this is outside of my company the file location link will no longer work, is there a way to create a "relative file path lo...

cursor location
Using Word 2007. When I first click on Word the blank page comes up with the cursor in the top center of the page. Why is this, and how can I make it appear on the left margin to begin a document? thanks Probably you have centered alignment applied to the empty paragraph mark in the Normal.dotm template. With the cursor in that empty paragraph, right-click and choose Paragraph to open the dialog. Change the alignment to Left, click the Default button at the bottom of the dialog, and confirm the change. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm for a couple o...

autocomplete or dropdown list entry missing
I'm running MS Money Plus Premium, version 17. I'm runing it on Vista Business x64, but I had the same issue on Vista x32. I have shares of an investment (it shows in my portfolio). When I add a new portfolio transaction, the investment name does not appear in the dropdown list for investments. It is not the most recent investment I've purchased, so I don't think this is a limit issue. But that does raise a related question, also. Investments that I don't own anymore, or say mutual fund class B shares that I have converted to class A, still show up in the list. Is t...

Outlook travel request template for 2000
anyone know if there is a travel request template for OL 2000 like in 97/98? You should be able to use the 97/98 template in Outlook 2000. Try it and if it doesn't work, post back and tell us what problems you're running into. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:22a5301c45e15$a6853b50$a601280a@phx.gbl, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > anyone know if there is a travel request template for OL > 2000 like in 97/98? ...

Meeting Forward Notifications
We are running Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2003 we have one Exchange server with users in 3 time zones. Everything seems to be good except one problem, "Meeting Forward Notifications". The Exchange server is in est time zone and 2 of our offices are in the cst time zone. Sometimes when an assistant in the cst zone create a meeting request and later forwards the meeting to a new attendee the originator will get a Meeting Forward Notification and at the bottom of the notification it will say that all times are in est time, the time zone of the server. Which really throws t...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #6