Local Email without Internet Email

We are using Exchange 2003 with Active Directory 2003.
We have a student that we need to allow the use of email for communication
with teachers on the network, but not allow that student to send or receive
email from the internet.

I haven't found a way to do that yet.  Any suggestions?  Can it be done?

--
Lauri
Bellingham Public Schools

0
lmcbeath (40)

see this:

Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Lauri" <lmcbeath@nospam.bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message
> We are using Exchange 2003 with Active Directory 2003.
> We have a student that we need to allow the use of email for communication
> with teachers on the network, but not allow that student to send or
> receive email from the internet.
>
> I haven't found a way to do that yet.  Any suggestions?  Can it be done?
>
> --
> Lauri
> Bellingham Public Schools
> Application Support

0
sconkey (3059)
12/15/2006 9:18:13 PM
Thank you. Just what I needed.

-Lauri

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> see this:
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Lauri" <lmcbeath@nospam.bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message
>> We are using Exchange 2003 with Active Directory 2003.
>> We have a student that we need to allow the use of email for
>> communication with teachers on the network, but not allow that student to
>> send or receive email from the internet.
>>
>> I haven't found a way to do that yet.  Any suggestions?  Can it be done?
>>
>> --
>> Lauri
>> Bellingham Public Schools
>> Application Support

0
lmcbeath (40)

Editing email addresses
Hi, We have a public folder that stores all our company's contacts. Currently I have the view set to a custom view (by going view > arrange by > current view > by company and have then removed some of the fields shown by default and added the email field as one of the fields that i require). Problem is that i can edit all of the default information (ie phone number, company name etc) but when it comes to either typing in an email address or editing one it won't allow me to do that. Do I need to activate this ability somewhere or somehow?? Any ideas?? Cheers in advan...

CRM Cases Email on closure
I want to send an email on closure - which I can setup perfectly. The problem is I want the email to contain the closure notes but can't see how to include that field (either the subject or the description). Any help appreciated. thanks in advanced Hi, Those fields are not accessible most probably. That is becuase they are as an activity in History of the Case. If you still need to access those than you may write a workflow .net assembly and using that assembly access those values. You need programming skills for that. For details, checkout CRM SDK. You may contact me directly ...

Common OWA name space without a Font end server
After months of planning, purchasing and installing several Exchange 2003 servers I have come to the unfortunate realization that I need a Front end / Back end server architecture in order to have a common URL for my internet OWA clients to check there mail. I have multiple E2k3 servers hosting my users mailboxes but I would like my internet users to go to a common URL to get to their own OWA. I undersand the security advantages with a Front end / Back end architecture but did not realize that a common external URL would not be possible. Is this true? This was not the case with exchang...

Send page as email message feature & email attachments
Hi, Publisher 2003, using "send this page as message" in a web publication. I need to attach a zipped folder to the email, but when I go to Attach File and browse for it, it doesn't appear in My Documents. I can see it in My Documents from Explore and I can see it and attach it to an email created & sent from Outlook 2003. Any ideas why the folder is not appearing for me to select when sending from Publisher and how I can attach it to the email? Thank you!!! I can't replicate this. Can you attach files directly from Outlook? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...

Losing email?
I have a mail box on 2003 exchange that if you send mail to it, they get it but it disapears a few moments later. If you open it before it disapears it stays there till you close it. After it is gone, it's gone. I can not find it anywhere....Help plese sounds like a either a filter on the view to show only unread items, or a rule that is moving email to another folder - maybe a pst... "garmo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a00a01c44d91$94fc83f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a mail box on 2003 exchange that if you send mail > to it, t...

Cannot save changes to .xls without converting to .txt format.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Bob G had offered the solution of how to convert a .cvs file to .xls. Now I cannot save changes to the workbook. I am prompted to save as a .txt file. <br> When I hit &quot;save&quot; the document ltc_src_may.xls produces a pop up window that says save as ltc_src_may.txt. That is not what I want to do. I just want it to save the changes to the workbook in the excel format. not sure how to include a screen shot or I would. Thanks in advance. <br> Kevin Wagcain@officeformac.com wrote: >...

Collating response times to incoming emails
Hi The organisation I'm working at needs to produce a regular report that indicates how quickly incoming emails sent to a particular email address are responded to. The inbox where these emails will reside can be accessed by any number of staff but we are not interested in holding info on who sends off the reply. Is there an add on to Outlook 2003 that can export info on the time each email came in and the time each one was responded to? Failing that, is there a way using Visual Basic 6 to access that information? Nothing fancy is required, all I need is email received this date, email...

outlook and internet
how do i go from outlook email to internet ? -- Steve Durkee LPCC by opening a web browser? What exactly is the problem or what exactly are you trying to do? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/showth...

Localization dll
Hi, I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different countries. I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the localized version. It uses the standard language. Does anybody has a sloution? Thanks, Martin On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:44:00 -0700, martin <martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different >countries. >I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the >localized version. It uses the standard language. > >Does a...

Promoting emails from Sent Items
Hi can somebody please help me. can you promote emails from your sent items folder into CRM? Is there a workaround to this because I get an error saying and error occured while tring to promote email Can'd be done in the current version. Will be able to do this in CRM 3.0 in a few months. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Kuvenp" wrote: > Hi can somebody please help me. > can you promote emails from your sent items folder into CRM? Is there a > workaround to this because I get an error saying and error occured while > tring to promote email ...

How do I turn off double line spacing in my emails?
I already have it set to single line spacing, but it double spaces ...

Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses.
Hi, Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses. We meet such problem,but don't know how to resolve it. The below is the detail: We have a local mail system based on iMail system;On another side,the mail system is based on Exchange system.On this Exchange system,there're several DLs,which include some our local email addresses. While we send mails to these DLs,we often got such returned mails: The returned mails' content is: From: postmaster@us.com [mailto:postmaster@us.com] Sent: 2006.4.11. 12:08 To: xxx@xx.local.com Subject: D...

Localizing ddv error messages
Hi, I've been given an application to maintain which links statically to the MFC library. In all the dialogs of the application, if invalid data is entered, the ddv routines generate error messages in French, even though the language propert of all the dialogs is English (U.S.) and my project options include "/l 0x407". If I link dynamically to the MFC library, all error messages are generated in English. Is there a way I can link statically AND have English error messages? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda "Linda Marcellus" <linda.marcellus@novate...

Automatically importing address from emails into Outlook 2003
Hello, I have large number (100s)of emails in my INBOX and I want to add all the addresses into the address book of Microsoft Outlook 2003. Is there any tool/add-in/macro available that will do this automatically? It's urgent. An early reply would be much appreciated. I am also available at: karthikgk-AT-gmail-DOT-COM Thanks, karthik Found it ! www.ornicusa.com has a tool that does just exactly what I need. Good thing is that it works with POP3 mails and on Office 2003 and on all incoming/outgoing mails too. Infact, once installed, it works ike any regular Outlook RULE. Just what...

Email Notifications
How do you deselect the send email notifications when we publish timelines? Currently, we have many people in the resource pool with 2 extra characters prefixing their email addresses so that email is not valid and they don't get the notifications, but our network admin does not like this method. I don't really want to clear the smtp email because some people we want to get these emails. We also don't want to have to rely on each user going into their personal settings to deactivate it themselves. Is there any way other than the things mentioned here? Alice -- ...

Is it possible to use logon name as a variable in exchange 2007 email address creation?
We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007 in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000 logon name to be precisie), e,g for user "John Doe" the logon might be "JohnD" Email addresses were generated using the logon name. Is that possible in exchange 2007? regards Frank Frank formulated the question : > We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007 > in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000 > logon name to be precisie), e,g for user &...

Duplicate incoming emails
Hello, I just installed Microsoft CRM as a testing setup. It works fine but for one thing: Incoming emails are duplicated while outgoing mail works good. So if one replies to an email sent to an external account, the email reply appears twice in the incoming mailbox of the crm user. We're using MS CRM on a dedicated machine and MS Exchange with the CRM router on a second one. In Outlook the mail appears just once - like it should be. Internal mails work like they should, this problem only occurs on email received from external sources via SMTP. When I look into Exchange message t...

Default email address when using both exchange & pop3 email
I've tried searching for my answer but I apologise if this question is a duplicate of one I haven't found. Originally Outlook was set up to use Exchange and then several pop3 email accounts were created. I've just added another pop3 account which I would like to be the default account. At home I just go to Tools, Accounts, etc to select the default but at work there is no Accounts option on the Tools menu (only Services, Customise, Options). Please could someone tell me how to set the default email account in this situation. Thanks in advance Helen "Helen Rybus"...

Email Name #2
I drawing a complete blank on how to accomplish this simple task. I've setup a generic user (named "Reception"), on my Windows 2003 Server. How do I configure it to display an actual person's name (like John Doe) when sending an email from Outlook 2003? Display name? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "jhunter@huntercomputerinc.com" wrote: > I drawing a complete blank on how to accomplish this simple task. > > I've setup a generic user (named "Reception"), on my Windows 2003 > Server. How do I ...

How do I print the list of autocomplete email addresses/names?
I have many email addresses that have resulted from responding to incoming emails and/or keying the email address and in both case, not entering it into my contacts list. Is there a way to print these addresses/names? I have not found any reference to printing in the MS help facilities on this matter. Not natively. As we post here almost daily, you'd need to use a third party utility such as: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html http://www.nk2.info/ http://www.ingressor.com/helpdesk_exchange.htm -- Russ Valentine "Gary Grant" <Gary Gran...

email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680" ------=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable kellinha estou testando se consigo enviar email,bjs ------=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//D...

Insufficient Permissions Promoting Email In CRM 3.0
I have one CRM user who no longer has the ability to promote an email. The user receives the following message: "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? If you click yes the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM". We are current in our rollups, but that does not seem to have made any difference. This user had been able to promote items up until recently and the...

Error when sending messages : 550 not local host
I have outlook 2002 and keep getting returned mail with the above error even know the mail somtimes gets delivered what causes this is it the ISP? It is the ISP not allowing you to relay through their servers. Set your outgoing server to authenticate. Open the Account properties and on the server tab, check the option for the outgoing serverto authenticate. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Brogers@autotote.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I ha...

Additional Exchange Email Domain
Running SBS 2003 w/Exchange. I have added another email address domain to my recipient policy and have told our hosting service to update the MX record to our server. Is this all I have to do to host email for another domain? I am getting bounce back messages saying our server can't relay messages? Why would it relay? Thanks! Is "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address." checked under the new domain in the recipient policy? You will also need to have the domain checked under Generation rules in the recipient policy properties. Wi...

Why is Outlook switching email addresses when I send an email?
Sometimes when I send an email message through Outlook, I type in one address, press send and later realize that Outlook sent the message to a completely different email address. There is no rhyme or reason as to why it changes the address, but it does it consistently for particular addresses. The addresses that Outlook changes to are not similar to the original address or on the same distribution list. I've even changed anti-virus software and run two complete scans. Help! "WynneWages" <WynneWages@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5813BB4...