local domain same that internet domain

Hi !

I have a Windows 2000 Server with the Exchange Server 2000.
I have diferent offices, each one with their own e-mail,
office@mycompany.com or useroffice@mycompany.com

When I installed my server I put the domain mycompany.com, and my users have
and @mycompany.com account, but I have an ISP domain mycompany.com hosting
and e-mail, and not all my users connect to my server. The other offices
connect to my ISP.

From the central office with the exchange, when sending an e-mail to the
user@mycompany.com the exchange if the user is from another office it is not
sent to the ISP because he recognises the domain and don't resend.

How I must to configure exchange to resend e-mails of no existing users to
my ISP ?

0
jgomila (3)

You must configure Exchange as non-authoritative for that SMTP domain, and
then set an SMTP connector to forward messages to your ISP.
See this article:
"XCON: Sharing SMTP Address Spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange
Server 2003"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321721&sd=tech

--
Blog "subject: exchange"
http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/

"Jordan Gomila" <jgomila@bonninsanso.com> wrote in message
> Hi !
>
> I have a Windows 2000 Server with the Exchange Server 2000.
> I have diferent offices, each one with their own e-mail,
> office@mycompany.com or useroffice@mycompany.com
>
> When I installed my server I put the domain mycompany.com, and my users
> have
> and @mycompany.com account, but I have an ISP domain mycompany.com hosting
> and e-mail, and not all my users connect to my server. The other offices
> connect to my ISP.
>
> From the central office with the exchange, when sending an e-mail to the
> user@mycompany.com the exchange if the user is from another office it is
> not
> sent to the ISP because he recognises the domain and don't resend.
>
> How I must to configure exchange to resend e-mails of no existing users to
> my ISP ?

0
Rui

Localization dll
Hi, I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different countries. I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the localized version. It uses the standard language. Does anybody has a sloution? Thanks, Martin On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:44:00 -0700, martin <martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different >countries. >I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the >localized version. It uses the standard language. > >Does a...

outlook and internet
how do i go from outlook email to internet ? -- Steve Durkee LPCC by opening a web browser? What exactly is the problem or what exactly are you trying to do? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/showth...

Document Connection

Outlook 2003 very slow on domain controller setup (4 min statup)
Hey In short we have the following setup A Exchange 2003/dom´┐Żne server running on SBS 2003 R1. This DC is backup and is hosted in a remote location and is accessed through VPN. Additionally we have a primary Win 2000 DC which is placed locally on the netowork. These two DC is replicated. Our (primary) problem is that Outlook 2003 (on Windows XP machines) which is connected to the Exchange server with standard Exchange setup (no RPC over HTTP eg) is extreemly slow. It can take up to 4 minutes to start Outlook 2003 up. The machine is using almost 0% CPU time but is completly non-respon...

Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses.
Hi, Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses. We meet such problem,but don't know how to resolve it. The below is the detail: We have a local mail system based on iMail system;On another side,the mail system is based on Exchange system.On this Exchange system,there're several DLs,which include some our local email addresses. While we send mails to these DLs,we often got such returned mails: The returned mails' content is: From: postmaster@us.com [mailto:postmaster@us.com] Sent: 2006.4.11. 12:08 To: xxx@xx.local.com Subject: D...

RPC error when creating a new RUS for child domain
Hi everybody, I hope somebody can help me out with this... I'm trying to setup an exchange2003 server to host recipients on a child domain. I have three boxes setup in my lab here all running Server2003, one is the DC for network.com, one is the DC for child.network.com and the third is a member of network.com running Exchange2003 SP1. The problem is this: when I try and create a Recipient Update Service for child.network.com, I am able to select the child domain and resolve the mail server, but when I select finish, it sits there for a minute, and then gives the following error: ...

Localizing ddv error messages
Hi, I've been given an application to maintain which links statically to the MFC library. In all the dialogs of the application, if invalid data is entered, the ddv routines generate error messages in French, even though the language propert of all the dialogs is English (U.S.) and my project options include "/l 0x407". If I link dynamically to the MFC library, all error messages are generated in English. Is there a way I can link statically AND have English error messages? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda "Linda Marcellus" <linda.marcellus@novate...

Additional Exchange Email Domain
Running SBS 2003 w/Exchange. I have added another email address domain to my recipient policy and have told our hosting service to update the MX record to our server. Is this all I have to do to host email for another domain? I am getting bounce back messages saying our server can't relay messages? Why would it relay? Thanks! Is "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address." checked under the new domain in the recipient policy? You will also need to have the domain checked under Generation rules in the recipient policy properties. Wi...

Error when sending messages : 550 not local host
I have outlook 2002 and keep getting returned mail with the above error even know the mail somtimes gets delivered what causes this is it the ISP? It is the ISP not allowing you to relay through their servers. Set your outgoing server to authenticate. Open the Account properties and on the server tab, check the option for the outgoing serverto authenticate. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Brogers@autotote.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I ha...

Multiple domains displayed from within outlook
Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from within the same outlook mailbox? -KJK You can only have one Exchange account but you can certainly open multiple inboxes and Exchange certainly supports more than one mail domain. You'll need to clarify your question if you want more specifics. Nue "KJK" <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1013E372-AF26-4880-9507-AC2436F3FB15@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from > within > the same outlook mailbox? > > -KJK ...

How can I prevent OE closing Local Folders?
After 5-6 years, I am just returning to use OE 6. I have an extensive tree structure in my Local Folders with many sub folders that I wish to keep open even when I exit the program. With Courier, which I have used all this time, that is "normal behavior": any Folder that has not been closed by myself will continue to be open when I next start up the prog. OE6 at present, however, closes _everything_ when closing the prog. Is there any way in which I can prevent this - and being spared the rather frustrating and time consuming job of re-opening all needed folders...

Restrict inbound Internet email to a group of users on Exchange 20
What is the easiest way to restrict a large group of users from receiving email from non-authenticated users. I know there is a checkbox setting that allows me to configure this on a per user basis, but how do I change this for 1000 users at one time. Our company policies have recently changed, and managemnt wants most users to only be able to send and receive emails from authenticated users. I already have the send portion configured using a connector, but how do I do restrict receiving? Thanks. Create a new Recipient Policy and assign them email addresses for an internal or non-...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...

MS Exchange forwarding from local accounts but not from external accounts
Hello.- I have Ms Exchange 2003. My domain is mycompany.com. and I created a DNS Record and a test account to another domain where the emails should be forward test@eu.myforward.com. I created the forward and if I send an email from my internal account me@mycompany.com to test@eu.myforward.com, the email goes thru fine. Now if I send an email from me@hotmail.com to test@mycompany.com which in Ms Exchange should forward to test@eu.myforward.com, the email comes back with: Reporting-MTA: dns;mycompany.com Received-From-MTA: dns;myforward.com Arrival-Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:36:16 -0600 Final-R...

Sent messages viewed as spam on other domains
I've just set up a Server 2003 environment with Exchange 2003. I'm working on sending and receiving messages using the Outlook Web Access feature. I am able to send and receive messages to other domains, say address@gmail.com or address@yahoo.com. My problem is that my email messages are going into Google and Yahoo's spam folders. How do I prevent my outgoing messages as being viewed as spam? Thanks Hans On 19 Sep 2006 11:55:42 -0700, "hans" <hans.russell@gmail.com> wrote: >I've just set up a Server 2003 environment with Exchange 2003. I'm >wo...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

Try on internet patch from the MS Corp.
--rllpubqcyocyk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jhzxmlcbgmapzmvz"; type="multipart/alternative" --jhzxmlcbgmapzmvz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mnynbkdqsc" --mnynbkdqsc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabiliti...

Printing internet selections
How do I choose one page to print, for example, of a multiple page internet site offering, without having to print all pages You need a custom utility that can go to each page and print for you. Normally web site designers try to be friendly by giving you a link to printer multiple pages from. "Dave GC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13c801c42653$44ec89b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I choose one page to print, for example, of a > multiple page internet site offering, without having to > print all pages just use your mouse to highli...

Local
For testing purposes I created a testing server and there was an issue with the account format so what I wanted to do was copy the one from the live server and overwrite the one I have locally so the dynamics, company, master, tempdb etc. I want completely replaced and so far I have run into many issues and no longer able to log into GP at all... Anyone have a system they use for said circumstance Hi Are you restoring SQL databases? What version of GP are you using? Regards James -- Visit MBS Blogs http://spaces.msn.com/members/hushdontspamme/ "B" <nixtootec@hotmail....

[Outlook 2002] Local folder
Hello, I would like to create a local folder in Outlook. I created a shortcut in the 'My shortcuts' tool bar, but I would like to access this local folder directly from my Folder list. I don't know if it is possible. I use an exchange server. Example, I would like my folder list like: + Outlook [Mailbox - Bc] (exchange) + Public Folders (exchange) + My Local Folder (local) In that way, I can copy directly my email from the exchange server to my local directory without use the Outlook bar (I don't like it, so I never display it, that's the p...

Can't access one domain
I have emails sitting in our exchange queue for up to 6 hours beofer sending. It appears that our server is trying to communicate to the 'bell.blackberry.net' domain. Some of the emails eventually get through but I don't understand the delay. Sending email from another address (i.e. Hotmail) to the Blackberry domain sends the email through right away, and we can send email to all other external domains from our Exchange server. Any ideas why this domain would cause such a delay from only our server? Thanks! In my experience Create SMTP Connector,Address space set 'bell....

How to remove email addresses that are in other site from local global addres
For some reasons, the exchange5.5 server of another site had been installed and some email addresses in this site can't be removed by Directory Replication automaticlly from our local global addres. list. Do you think whether we can remove the email addresses in another site from local global address list and how to do. ...

Local Service, Local System or Network Service?
Hello, I am hosting a web site on IIS 7.5 in a Windows 2008 server. This web site requires an SQL Database so I configured the SQL Server to allow remote connections. What service should I use the the SQL Server? Local Service, Local System or Network Service? Thank You, Miguel shapper (mdmoura@gmail.com) writes: > I am hosting a web site on IIS 7.5 in a Windows 2008 server. > > This web site requires an SQL Database so I configured the SQL Server > to allow remote connections. > > What service should I use the the SQL Server? > > Local S...

Try on this critical patch for Internet Explorer
--rrxnmhnwoeoue Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yqtfgchx"; type="multipart/alternative" --yqtfgchx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jslyceavttmttd" --jslyceavttmttd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the mo...

save inbox to local folder
all, i have been searching the web looking for outlook vba code to save al the contents of my pst as individual word docs sorted sender. i also need a way to have outlook export messages from the inbox including attachments to the my documents folder. my copany recently implimented AD and several GPO's that delete al references to .pst. i am trying to make my life easier by using code t auto save my backup pst to word docs (or .msg whatever is easier) going forward i need to use some vba code to automaticlly save m incomming new mail to sender.doc or subject.doc. any help here is...