Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...

Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help
Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields
from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if
possible.  We are far from knowing that something like this is even
possible.  Would appreciate *any* suggestions.  Thank you.

0
wolfcg (2)

Email Merge with attachment using Contact folder
I am attempting to conduct an email merge using the mail merge wizard to over 1000 recipients in a Contact folder. This is different from sending an email to a group/distribution list. This allows one to personalize the email as you would a letter or envelope. While I am able to succesfully complete and send the emails, I am unable to do so with an attachment. The attachment (a pdf file)does not make it to the recipient. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Mail merge has never supported attachments. You'd need third party software for that. -- Russ Valentine [M...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

deleted contact folder
Hey everybody. I wanted to pass along a program that offers a valuable fix to what I believe is a significant bug in MS Outlook. A friend had created some new folders specifically for Contacts, and had named them accordingly and was moving Contacts from their default "Contacts" folder to the new folders he'd created. When he tried to rename one of the folders, he accidentally clicked on Delete Folder (which appears next to "Rename Folder" in the pulldown). I'm not sure if it prompted him to delete, but if it did, he must have inadventently hit "yes" be...

can not open group contact folders in windows mail
not sure what has happened but as of today whne i try to openmy contact group i am asked with default program i need to open it with. so my 2 questions are : 1. why did this change 2. which default program will open my group contact thanks troy Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows Contacts". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its = defaults&...

Activities Tab behaviour for items Public Contact Folders
We have set up a Public Contacts Folder in Exchange 2003 and have assigned some Activities Tab folder groups (each activity gruop points to another single Public Mail item Folder). When using the Activities Tab on different Contacts, sometimes the associated mail items are located, sometimes not , (or sometimes not right away but say the next day). We can't find any documentation on how the Activites Tab works. Would anyone pleae know: What match critera is used (eg is it the name, email1 address etc)? Is there a lag between putting in the Contact item and associated Activities (eg ...

Undelete My Contact Folder
Under my contacts I accidently deleted an address book folder. This is not a distribution list. I have many folders created. If I go to mail tab under deleted items it does not show up to restore. If I go back to my contacts and create a new folder under select where you want to place folder the it shows up under deleted items, but there is nothing I can do with it. If I go to tools Address Book the delete address book is there with contacts, but I can't restore it back under My Contacts. Can someone help?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com What is an address boo...

multiple contact folders
I went to send an email, and when I clicked on "To" I got a message saying "the address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened". When I clicked "Ok", a box popped up "Select Names". In the upper right corner was a box showing "contacts". I clicked on the check mark on the right and brought up a list of all the folders in "Outlook address book". Three contact folders showed! The first was empty. the second had some address. The third was the correct folder. I ...

two contact folders disappeared. Where could they have gone?
Tried to open a contacts folder but it wouldn't open. Restarted outlook, saw the folder appear but then it disappeared before outlook fully loaded. Any idea where it could have gone? "Cloudburst" <Cloudburst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8696545F-26EE-43ED-A8BF-A48FBC6F0928@microsoft.com... > Tried to open a contacts folder but it wouldn't open. Restarted outlook, saw > the folder appear but then it disappeared before outlook fully loaded. Any > idea where it could have gone? Saw it appear where? What version of Outlook? Wha...

Error on contact folder, cannot open win mail anymore
User accidentally did something moving a contact folder from "my documents" or something(he doesn't know exactly) to a pendrive which failed thus deleting it, after that, windows mail does not open anymore, it says "cannot open contacts folder" then returns error 0x800fffff and after clicking OK to that it returns MSOE.dll error. how can i fix this?, there's no backup, no system restore, nothing. i've even installed windows live mail, after more than an hour upgrading, it resturns the same contacts error and crashes. OS is Vista SP2 regards...

Import tab del txt file into OL Contact Folder
Hello everyone, I am running OL2003. I have a standard tab delimited file containing only two fields. When I attempt to import, the spaces in the alias field seem to be interpreted as CR/LF?? Example of file John Doe <tab> Johndoe@somedomain.com When I attempt to map these two fields in OL, the left hand portion of the mapping screen showing the actual records displays like this: John Doe Johndoe@somedomain.com Consequently the file does not import properly. I've reviewed this file carefully with a powerful text editor and there no hidden codes in the file, just spaces ...

Contact folder
When I try to send a message and if I click on 'To:' the contacts do not appear in any of the contact folder listings(global, All contact list, etc) Thanks, Joseph Is your Contacts folder configured as an Outlook Address Book? Rightclick the folder-> Properties-> tab Outlook Address Book -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tip...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder, in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. Try outlookcode.com or the program_forms or program_vba newsgroup. "Jeff" <wolfcg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166997847.011514.163470@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com... > Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help > Desk...

When doing a mail/merge from word it shows my outlook contact folder as empty. Why?
I'm using Office 2003 on XP Home. I was in word and said I wanted to do a mail/merge on a particular outlook contact folder. The folder shows up on the selection list of folders but when I click on it it shows no contacts in the list. This feature works fine with other outlook contact folders but just not with this one. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Don Most likely the Folder that appears in that list is an outdated reference and not the one that points to your current Contacts Folder. Remove it. Make sure the Folder you want to appear is enabled as an email addres...

Search accross Contact folders
HI there, we are using Outlook 2007 and have multiple Contact folders within public folders and users have their own contacts within their mailboxes Is there a way for a user to search accross a selected set of contact folders.. ? rather than having to do a search on each contact folder? thanks ...

Can I link one contact to multiple contact folders?
Wondering if someone has a solution here. I have some contacts that appear in multiple folders within the public folder tree. Now is there anyway to update one contact and have all the other contacts for the same individual update as well (they all are seperate now)? Basically I'm thinking of creating one main contact, and have links to that contact within the other public folders. Is this possible? - I can't see any way to do it now. Thanks ...

Default contact folder
Setting up Outlook 2007. I have several contact folders. The one that I use most is the Blackberry folder since I sync it with my Blackberry. When sending a new message when I hit the To: button I get the Contact folder then I must select the Blackberry folder if that's where the address is that I want to use. Is there a way to make the Blackberry folder the default so that it always opens first? Thanks, Rick Morrison Yes. In the Address Book View > Tools > Options... > "Show this address list first" -- Russ Valentine "Rick Morrison...

How do I send an email to everyone in a contact folder?
I just want to send one email to everyone in a contact folder with others seeing who is getting it. Select all of the contacts, and drag them onto your inbox. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Easily share your categories: SAM - Automatically choose sending account, signature, and sent message folder: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:14:01 -0700 schrieb flashco: > I just want to send one email to everyone in a contact folder with others > seeing who is getting it. ...

How to synchronize Public Contact folder with local contacts?
How can I synchronize a Contact Folder in our Public Folders on our Network with my local Contacts Folder? You'll need to copy them yourself or use a utility. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-mail.asp for a list of utilities. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

Contact Folders Gone
I moved my .pst file from an XP SP3 machine with Office 2007 to a new Windows 7 machine with Office 2007. The address book 'Contacts' shows up but there are no file folders for the other address books. (This .pst is set as the default with one other IMAP file present.) If I go to 'Tools/Address Book . .. .' I can see the other address books in the drop down and there are contacts in them when they are selected in the drop down. How do I set Outlook to display the address book folders? Thank you in advance for any help! Mark Contact Folders will only appe...

Contact not showing in contact folder using automation
I'm using C++ to write a COM add-in for Outlook. I'm trying to iterate through all of the contact folders to search for a specific contact. When I find the contact I want to display the contact form. Everything works fine except for a couple of contacts in the main contact folder. There are 3 contacts that I've added that aren't included in the ContactItem collection. I'm using debug print statements to print out every contact in the folder and only 25 out of 28 are listed. I have no idea why these contacts are hidden. They are not private and they have email addresses. C...

PST contacts' folder as main contact folder
Hi, I would like to set a folder located in a PST file as my primary (and default) Contact folder. I defined an e-mail account and, by default, the Contact folder that is used when I click on "New Contact" is the Contact folder located in the same PST or OST where I have my default Inbox and Outbox. That folder is undeletable and is the one used for ActiveSync Contact synchronization with Windows Mobile. How can I define another Contact folder as my primary/default (and possibly undeletable) Contact folder? -- Plo You can't. Only the root Contacts Fold...

problem with contact folder from windows 7
I am with the following problem When I try to send an email from a contact in the Contacts folder windows 7 64 bit says it's necessary configure office outlook as default email client but the strange thing is that I have this program already configured Outlook 2007 to do so and in fact is the single e-mail client installed on my computer any ideas for a possible solution??? State more precisely the steps that produce this message. State what you specified as your default email client for your OS. State how you configured your mail transports and address book service in ...

Phantom contact folders appearing in address book list
When I click the To: button on a new email or open the OUtlook address book I have many more contact folders listed in the "Show Nems from the:" box than I have actual contact folders. Most of these are names of folders I have previously replaced or deleted. How do I get rid of the phantom folders names appearing in the lists? I'm running WinXP 64 & Outlook 2003. I sure appreciate your help, John Just remove it. Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Changeā€¦ > -- Russ Valen...

How can I move a "contact" from Contact folder to "Personal"
I have a contact set up that appears in my "Contact" list. How can I change this to show up in my "Personal" file? Do I have to re-enter all the detail and then save it to Personal and then delete it from the Contact list? You are using terms that have meaning only to you (which I assume explains your use of quotes). Explain your terms in a way that the rest of us can understand what you're asking. -- Russ Valentine "Gloria" <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77984B40-C117-4D12-B380-89EAEDA68442@microsoft.com... &...

Contact address appears in Contact folder but not when choosing contact to forward message to.
I run WinXP SP3 and Outlook 2007. I add a contact to the Contacts folder but when I try to forward an email that contact is not in the To: contact list. The To: contact list? What is that? If the contact does not appear in the address book view, then you did not add it to the Contact Folder you are displaying in the address book view. -- Russ Valentine "Peter" <lysdexic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uAKa7md2KHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I run WinXP SP3 and Outlook 2007. I add a contact to the Contacts folder >but when I try to forward an emai...