Linking Mailbox Calendars to Public Folder Calendars

Here is the scenario. We have two calendars setup under Public Folders for
users to reserve conference rooms. If a user sends out a meeting request via
their email, they have to also go down to the public folder calendar and
reserve the room. If a meeting is rescheduled, they have to make sure they
update the reservation on the Public Folder calendar. I'd like to combine
those steps into one. When a user creates a meeting request is there a way to
have that meeting show up under the PF calendar? And if the meeting has to be
rescheduled, the public folder calendar would show the change. Is this
possible? And if so, how? Thank you.
0
KJ (43)

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:59:00 -0800, KJ <KJ@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Here is the scenario. We have two calendars setup under Public Folders for
>users to reserve conference rooms. If a user sends out a meeting request via
>their email, they have to also go down to the public folder calendar and
>reserve the room. If a meeting is rescheduled, they have to make sure they
>update the reservation on the Public Folder calendar. I'd like to combine
>those steps into one. When a user creates a meeting request is there a way to
>have that meeting show up under the PF calendar? And if the meeting has to be
>rescheduled, the public folder calendar would show the change. Is this
>possible? And if so, how? Thank you.

Resource Calenders work best when resource mailboxes are used rather
then public folders.

0
adavid (8731)
2/6/2007 8:03:54 PM
I totally agree with this. Public folders are not the location to put
calendars since they require manual updating.
With a resource mailbox, when the meeting originator changes the time, it is
automatically updated.

"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:59:00 -0800, KJ <KJ@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Here is the scenario. We have two calendars setup under Public Folders for
>>users to reserve conference rooms. If a user sends out a meeting request
>>via
>>their email, they have to also go down to the public folder calendar and
>>reserve the room. If a meeting is rescheduled, they have to make sure they
>>update the reservation on the Public Folder calendar. I'd like to combine
>>those steps into one. When a user creates a meeting request is there a way
>>have that meeting show up under the PF calendar? And if the meeting has to
>>be
>>rescheduled, the public folder calendar would show the change. Is this
>>possible? And if so, how? Thank you.
>

> Resource Calenders work best when resource mailboxes are used rather
> then public folders.

0
RealDeal1 (61)
2/6/2007 9:58:31 PM
On 6 feb, 20:59, KJ <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Here is the scenario. We have two calendars setup underPublicFolders for
> users to reserve conference rooms. If a user sends out a meeting request via
> their email, they have to also go down to thepublicfoldercalendarand
> reserve the room. If a meeting is rescheduled, they have to make sure they
> update the reservation on thePublicFoldercalendar. I'd like to combine
> those steps into one. When a user creates a meeting request is there a way to
> have that meeting show up under the PFcalendar? And if the meeting has to be
> rescheduled, thepublicfoldercalendarwould show the change. Is this
> possible? And if so, how? Thank you.

A resource is indeed the best option. However if you realy want to
continue using public folder calendars you can do that with our add-in
for exchange server. (not a free product)
The product monitors your personal calendar and you can set it up to
react on a code word like ROOM1.
It will create an item in the ROOM1 public folder and if you change
your item in you personal calendar it will change it for you in the
ROOM1 calendar also. The name of the product is "Exchange
GroupCalendar".

0
google883 (3)

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Linked Forms

How to mass delete old calendar appointments?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hello!! <br><br>My Entourage seems to freeze at the same point every day, causing me to have to Force Quit often. Whenever it gets to the part where it syncs the calendar, it beachballs for eternity! I've left it beachballing while doing other stuff several times, and when I came back to the computer it was still going. I've tried rebuilding my database, but to no avail. <br><br>I've tried checking off the 'Delete non-recurring events' and se...

Messages not routing to the correct mailbox
I have setup multiple recipient polices for different email domains. However, the mail from the different domains doesn't go to the correct mailboxes, it all ends up in my mailbox for some reason. I have made sure the email address is added to the users account. If I try and send mail to an account that doesn't exist it gets bounced, which it should. If I send email to say bob@email.com it comes in and ends up in my mailbox, in the to: field it shows Bob Smith, not bob@email.co mso I know it's matching it against there account. I have no idea why I get it. I don't have a...

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

OWA Shared Calendar problem
When a new recurring apponiment is added to a shared calendar, it is not visible in OWA. New single events display. Any ideas? ...

calendar #2
is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? Hi tg not exactly sure what you're after here but if you enter 01/01/05 in a cell and drag down (autofill handle, little back cross bottom right of cell) it will increment by a day for each row. If you'ld like more assistance please feel free to post back with additional details. Cheers JulieD "tg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429d01c4afae$b110b910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Creating Email Address Book/contacts under public folder
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address Book/contacts that would show up under the public folders in outlook. Is that done from the server or from Outlook and how would it be done? Thanks. Mitch It is done using Outlook client. When you create a public folder you can choose the items that folder will contain. Contacts is one choice. -- Gustavo Del Grosso Laboratorios Andrómaco Gerencia de Tecnología gustavodelgrosso@hotmail.com "mitch" wrote: > Hi, > We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address > ...

links

calendar / diary for workforce management?
Hi, I hope someone can help. We run a business where we have 3 or 4 consultants out on client assignments and need to schedule their time for the future work, and and check availaibility etc. What I am looking for is something (hopefully simple) which has for example a list of people on the left column, and a monthly (including weekly & daily) rows on the top. If this can also; a) highlight weekends and b) recalculate for next year and so on...all the better Sorry if my question is a little naive. I'm convinced this must have been done plenty of times? Any help appreciated. T...

How do I increase my mailbox quota
My system bounces emails with large attachments. I need to be able to receive them. How can I set my outlook express to do this? first, ask in an outlook express group. second, ask your isp or network admin, i don't know of a size limit in oe, but someone in an oe group would know for sure. "Sig" <Sig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0391322D-B10D-4F24-8365-EA4AAB123CA1@microsoft.com... > My system bounces emails with large attachments. I need to be able to > receive them. How can I set my outlook express to do this? You can't change thi...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Thank you microsoft.public.excel.charting
The following is an excerpt from the acknowledgments in my forthcoming book, Just Plain Data Analysis [the companion web page is here: http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/ "To prepare the tables and charts in this book, I acquired near mastery of the 2003 Microsoft Excel charting software and considerable experience with the 2007 version. Excel is much more powerful than a counter sorter, but the frustrations are the same. My masters in my quest to earn a black belt in Excel charting were the regular contributors to the microsoft.public.excel.charting newsgroup: Rob Bovey, Debra Dalgleish, Shane ...

Public Form Classes
We (unfortunately) had an outside source write a utility app. (This is the one using the Telnet session I asked about previously.) The guy wrote a class that wraps the Winsock control utilizing....... "Private WithEvents Socket As MSWinsockLib.Winsock" at the top of the class....I'll call it clsROS. Now here's the question...... There is a login form, and a GUI configuration form. You use the login form, and when successfully logged in, the GUI config forms shows. The login form has a privately dim'd clsROS on it. The GUI form has a public dim'...

Links

Disable Calendar
I have a need to disable the calendar function on one of my exchange 5.5 servers so that the clients can not use it. Can this be done. Believe it or not, Calendaring is more a function of the Exchange Client than the Exchange Server. Although "Free/Busy" activity is handled by the Exchange Server, it does it by passing email messages around in the background. I accidentally broke the Free/Busy function one time with a spam filter. I was filtering on the word "Free" in the subject line. Little did I know that the Schedule+ Free Busy system passes messages back and fo...

email links in Publisher pdf

Change owner of folder on external disk
I use Robocopy to backup music and photos on a external Western Digital 1TB disk that is on a local network. The backup worked fine in both cases initially. Now, the backup for music files is failing with : Robocopy fails with *EXTRA File 1.9 m A Fine Romance-Browne.mp3 2010/02/15 16:56:41 ERROR 5 (0x00000005) Deleting Extra File \\externaldrive\public\BackUp-Music\recordings\AmbroseNew\A Fine Romance-Browne.mp3 Access is denied. This is the command line using UNC addressing: Robocopy C:\Users\Owner\Music\recordings\ \\externaldrive\public\BackUp-Music\recordings\ ...

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

messages to mailbox's sent items.
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. My question is how to make the messages send from user's different mailbox e.g Projects (apart from inbox)go to mailbox's sent items not user's actual sent items. Is this possible? if yes how? Thank You. I'm afraid I don't understand your question. What's the difference between the "mailbox's sent items" and the "user's actual sent items"? What version of Outlook are you using? What kind of mailboxes are these? Exchange? POP3? IMAP? Something else? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP ...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...