Limits in 'All Address Lists'?

Hi all!

I try to rebuild a large number (~2000) of Ex5.5 recipient-containers
in the E2k3 'all address lists' container. The LDAP filter for each
address list is set on to the EX5.5 attribute 'obj-view-containers'
(transferred to 'extension-Attribute-14' by ADC).

I recognized that the AD-user attribute 'ShowInAddressBook' is a
multi-valued field, with a limitation of around 800 entries (RUS won't
work with more entries). This doesn't matter, because a recipient
belongs only to 1 address list  in most cases.

Meanwhile I created about 1200 address lists, which I can access
through OL2003. The access seems to be fast (in a test environment).

If I use ldp.exe and connect to a special GC (via port 3268) to get
access to this lists, the resolving of members is very slow. So I
suppose there is no cache for address lists on the GC.

I suppose further, that OL access those lists via extended MAPI and
caches the results in own tables.

My Questions:
1. What kind of mechansim OL is using to access and manage address
lists?
2. Are there known limitations for a GC or Outlook to handle address
lists?
3. Has somebody expirience with large numbers of address lists?

Thanks in advance

Peter

0
hpkrause (6)

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

Redirecting emails to another email address
Hi, Can a rule or service be created to redirect incoming emails from a specific email (sender) to another email address? Johan Yes, you can create a Wizard Rule to forward the message to another address. If you are not connected to an Exchange server you must keep your Outlook open in order to process the rule. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Johan du Preez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1204001c44247$9ff65a10$a501280a@phx.gbl.....

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Address List Filter problem
I want to create an address list containing employees and distribution lists of employees. I do not want to show resource mailboxes or system mailboxes. I added a custom attribute to each employee and each dist list with the word Employee in it. I created a filter which looked for the custom attribute with Employee in it. The people show up correctly but the distribution lists do not. I have tried several variations but still have not found a solution. It seems that anytime I add a custom filter to an address list the Query based distribution lists no longer show up. If this is the way i...

Look up Address problems!
Hi I wonder if anyone can help with this problem. I have imported a number of Accounts into our CRM system. All is working fine except that I cannot link an invoice or delivery address to an order or quote using the lookup address! I imported the accounts originally using the administrator account. If I logon to the CRM as myself and then create an order/quote (that has the orignal account owner as the administrator) and use the look up address, this works fine! I get the primary account address returned. If I then create an account as myself and then try to create an order/quote and use ...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Compare two lists of data to find new entries
I currently run a daily report from a CRM database to monitor my sales teams activities with customers. Each activity has a 'unique' reference. My aim is to compare the report (which is in excel) from one day with the new report to show the new 'activities'. In simple terms I want to say if activity 'x' is in the new list the show the information from that row on a new worksheet so I can see at a glance the new activities. How about an alternative? Insert a new column near that unique reference (say column B is inserted and column A is the unique reference). T...

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

wrong recipient address appearing in public folders..
hi all, I've set up a public folder which is to receive e-mails. this mailbox is intended to be a general 'dump' for numerous e-mail addreesses, (old employees). It accepts the e-mails okay and they all go into this public folder, BUT!! the recipient is WRONG...it takes the name of the public folder, not the actual intended recipient. so if I call this folder exemp, and it accepts emails of jon@domain.com and Dave@domain.com it will list all these emails but it will show the To recipient as exemp. this makes sorting it and grouping it rather difficult, Anybody know why or ho...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Address book transfer
How to transfer address book to another computer? >-----Original Message----- >How to transfer address book to another computer? >. >Obviously you are not using a roaming profile. You can export the address book to a .pst file copy it to the other computer and import it into outlook. The procedure is not difficult. Utilize the Helper when it pops up. Good luck ...

find mac address of my own computer by excell macro
I am using excell 2002. I want to find mac address of my own computer by excell macro. Give something like this a try. '---------------------------------- Sub GetMAC() Dim strLine As String Dim bEther As Boolean bEther = False Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set wshExec = wsh.Exec("ipconfig /all") Set objStdOut = wshExec.StdOut Do Until objStdOut.AtEndOfStream strLine = objStdOut.ReadLine If InStr(strLine, "Ethernet") > 0 Then bEther = True End If If InStr(strLine, "Physical Address") &g...

list numbers in a block of cells
Is there a way to list the values in a block of cells. 400 600 800 350 200 625 250 222 125 9958 226 123 Like: 400 600 800 350 200 625 250 222 125 9958 226 123 Assume source data in A1:C4 Put in say, E1: =OFFSET($A$1,INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/3),MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,3)) Copy E1 down to E12 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Jeff Klein" <jklein@nospam> wrote in message news:%23PyCLFqPIHA.5140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to list the values in a block of cells. > > 400 600 800 > 350 200 6...

List of Figures
I would like to have chapter numbers and page numbers in my table of figures. Please note, I am not talking about the caption - I'm talking about something that looks like this Figure 1 My first figure..........3-1 currently my table of figures uses the style "Figure title" to pick up what goes into the table. I'm a little boggled by what happens when you go "edit field code". It does not appear to show anything other than the dialog box for you to create a new field code. Does it show the current field code anywhere? regards, Mark -- uanm...

Changes in Price Lists
I have a problem regarding price lists. I do not want the revenue in created opportunities to change when I change prices in price lists. Is there a possibility to keep the created opportunity revenue as it is when I change pricel list's prices but to use new prices when creating new opportunities. If this is not possible then I can not use any product & pricing data. Thanks, M Hi Mikkhail, If you get and answer on this, I would really like to know what it is as I have a similar problem. Thanks! Shauna "Mikkhail" wrote: > I have a problem regarding price lists. ...

Export unique address from multiple contacts with same address
I have multiple contacts in Outlook 2003 with the same address. An example is: I have 10 addresses for ABC Company, 123 Any Street, I need to export 1 record for ABC Company, 123 Any Street. How can I export these contacts so I have a single record per unique address? "brownmc" <brownmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB1DB308-9DA4-403E-BA82-789C09AE0CC4@microsoft.com... > I have multiple contacts in Outlook 2003 with the same address. An example > is: I have 10 addresses for ABC Company, 123 Any Street, I need to export > 1 > reco...

Marketing List and Views
I spend time creating a marketing list and setting my criteria and the columns I want displayed, however when I go back into market lists, it loses the columns that I've selected during the query process -- Larry De Palma, CTP Executive Vice President EFC Systems, Inc. Did you try publishing the Marketing List entity? "Larry De Palma" wrote: > I spend time creating a marketing list and setting my criteria and the > columns I want displayed, however when I go back into market lists, it loses > the columns that I've selected during the query process > >...

Address Labels #2
Can't you print address labels onto normal Avery 1" X 2,5/8" from an Excel database? Trying to print labels directly from Excel and from printer to another would cause you a lot of trouble. To print labels in MS Word using Mail Merge (MS Word) from Excel see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm remember to move the worksheet tab to the far left so that it is the first worksheet. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dm...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

2 addresses forwarded to 1 account
We are in need of 1 more email account, but we have used all that are alotted by our provider. The easiest thing would be to purchase some more, but we are not doing that right now. What I have setup is our domain host is forwarding email to our email provider accounts. Specifically we have 5 earthlink accounts, but need six. I can easily add the sixth address to our domain host and have it forwarded to one of the 5 actual accounts, which is what is going to happen. One address will be user1@ourdomain.com and the other user2@ourdomain.com. Both will be forwarded to user1@earthlink.net and Out...

Postoffice Address List
Recently bought a laptop with XP professional with Outlook 2003. Our company network has machines with Outlook 2000 that use postoffice address list. I am no longer receiving emails from other employees (I do receive email from outside). Can postoffice address list be used with XP? What should I do about this? Thank you very much. Talk to your mail admin at work - no one here knows what your work uses or how to troubleshoot it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail...

mailbox limit notifications
How can I force on Ecxhange server that notifications of mailbox limit are always sent on english language, not taking care of users language settings in Outlook? If the language setting on the server is set to English, then the notification should be English (per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;277856) If that is not the case, you may want to verify that you are running the latest service pack for the OS and Exchange as well as the latest updates. Doug Blanchard [MSFT] Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup p...