Limitied Access user

Is there a way to set up a user in Ex2k so they have access to only calendar
and internal mail? Our client doesn't want the user to receive or send
external mail.

Thanks for any help

0
sarahm (1)

"Sarah M" <sarahm@NO_ibm_SPAM.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to set up a user in Ex2k so they have access to only calendar
>and internal mail? Our client doesn't want the user to receive or send
>external mail.

Create another Recipient Policy and use a SMTP address like
%m@ibm.local. Then select a user property that you can populate with
some unique value that will be assigned to these users that shouldn't
be assigned the real domain's SMTP address. Put that property name and
value into the LDAP filter assigned to the recipient policy.

Now go assign the value to the property on each of the users. Then
right-click the policy and select "Apply now".

When the Recipient Update finishes those users will have TWO SMTP
addresses. One in the real domain, which you'll have to remove from
each user, and one in the phony domain.

This takes care of them being able to receive mail. To prevent them
from SENDING mail outside the company, create a distribution group and
populate its membership with the users you don't want to send mail.
Then create a SMTP Connector and place the distribution group into the
"Delivery Restrictions" tab.

You'll have to make a change to the registry on the Exchange server to
activate the ability to restrict access to the connector:

XCON: Connector Delivery Restrictions May Not Work Correctly [277872]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Can't open my Access files after conversion from Access 97 to Access 2003
Hi, After I converted my MS Access files from ver 97 to 2003, I cannot open them anymore. How can I resolve this problem? I run Windows XP Pro SP 3. Regards M Shafaat It isn't clear what's happening when you try ... more information, please. Are you attempting to open them with Access '97 or with Access 2003? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereo...

How do you save and share "user-defined chart type's" in Excel?

Problem accessing OWA from other domains.
Hello, We have a problem with users from different domains trying to access mailbox using OWA 2003 located in our domain. User gets prompted for credentials, it looks like is being authenticated but after a minute or so Explorer shows "page cannot be displayed" User from our domain use OWA without any problems. This is our setup: Domain A is our w2k3 root domain. We have 5 child domains B, C, D, E, F Each domain except for A (root) has an Exchange 2003 server, but only my domain - B has the OWA installed on a front end server. We have trusts in place between all domains a...

Deleting or disabling users
I want to either delete or disable a user without deleting their mailbox, how would i go about doing that. Bruce Charnitsky wrote: > I want to either delete or disable a user without deleting their mailbox, > how would i go about doing that. > > Assuming you're using AD, just open the AD Users and Computers, right click the user concerned and then choose "Disable Account". However, this will stop new mail being delivered to their account. Another option is lock down the machines they are allowed to log in to (somewhere in the properties) to a machine no-...

WOA Access Permission
hi - I'm running SBS2003 with exchange 2003 server. I already have setup Web Outlook Access for my exchange 2003 server. I have about 20 account users, is there a way to set so that only certain user can use web outlook access ? Thanks in advance I'm not positive that this applies to the SBS version, but to allow (or disallow) access for any single user to any of the supported services and protocols in Exchange 2003, you need to change the settings on the actual user account in ADUC that has the Exchange extensions (usually the Exchange server itself) The setting you're look...

OE removes access to attachments
I am having a problem with receiving attachments to my emails. If I double click on some of my emails, the tag line for the attachment reads: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments to your mail: Insert Name of Email. How do I turn this off? The last one it happened to was from my sister, so I know it was safe and I have a virus program to take of scanning for problems. Thanks to anyone for help with this. LeAnn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having a problem with receiving attachments to my > emails. If I double click on some o...

Access Format
Hi, A file is in the "access 2.0 file format" How can it be changed to "access 2003 format"? Khalil Have a look at the Access 2.0 Converter: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830271/en-us -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu> wrote in message news:OgOWEHt0HHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > A file is in the "access 2.0 file format" > How can it be changed to "access 2003 format"? > > Khalil > > Download...

I have 2 Access DB with linked tables
In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and tblHardwareRequest. I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another dept. for further action. My Need: I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2 is ProDate (i.e projected dated). Sorry for the long explaination. Any assistance will be highly appreciated! With regards, Sokan33 wrote: > In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblIm...

OWA: Embedded URL access error
When I use OWA, everything works ok except that - When I click on a URL embedded in an email (say www.yahoo.com) I get a user login prompt (instead of a new browser window with th yahoo site) - Similarly, when click on the Logoff link, I get the same use login prompt Any help in debugging this will be appreciated Sam ...

access Hotmail via Outlook 2003
Hello: I'm at my wits end: I've tried everything I can think of but I can't get Outlook 2003 to access Hotmail on my laptop. It used to, but stopped sometime ago. I have Hotmail as one of the email accounts in my Outlook .pst however it will not save the password or access the server. When Outlook opens it accesses the servers for the email accounts (I have four, including Hotmail, that it checks) and the window pops up headed "Internet email - Hotmail" asking me for the user name and password. No matter how many times I click OK the window keeps popping up. ...

problem accessing attachments
How can I restore the access to an attachment file that has been marked as an unsafe file? If I highlight the e- mail containing the attachment and then I click forward the next window shows the attachment as being clear and I am able to open it. Is there a an option where I can unblock this command. This is happpening to all my e-mails that contain attachments, even to ones that I was able to open before. thanks Sounds like you're using Outlook Express - and actually, what you're doing is one of the best methods. That said, you can change the secutrity options in tools | o...

File access error in Excel
I just started having a weird problem in Excel. I go to save a file that I recently opened and updated, and I get an error message that access to the file is denied for a file sharing error. If I save the file to another file name, and then immediately "save as" back to the original name, it works fine. I tried uninstalling and reloading Excel (a very laborious process because I must uninstall and reinstall all of Office Pro, and then download all updates since my CD copy). This seems to fix the problem for a while, but it returns a few weeks later. I am baffl...

Outlook 2003
I am running Exchange Server 2000 with the latest service packs and hot fixes. I have three users who are running Outlook 2003. They are able to browse the public folder tree, however, if they try to open an item within any of these folders they receive an access denied error message. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks Robin Tortora Charles River Development ...

Access 97 Switchboard coversion to Access 2002
Is there a way to convert my Access 97 Switchboard to Access 2002. I am currently unable to use the switchboard I created in access97 on my new Access 2002 ...

microsoft publisher has not been installed for the current user.
i referred to article #898512 in the knowledge base. I have ms office pro 2003 and am the admin. I have a diff name that 'admn' but am admin. i am using xp pro and do not have a security tab to change the permissions on the opa11.dat file. I did check that my account is the administrator. can someone help or can I get install assistance on this. Open Windows Explorer, Folder options, view tab, clear "Use simple file sharing" (Recommended) This will allow you to see the security tab in the data file. Download FileMon and RegMon from http://www.sysinternals.com/. Run th...

Remote access to Address Book

Accessing SAP WAS via SOAP / xml-namespace problem
hello everybody, I want to call a method on a SAP WAS. For testing purposes, I do have the same method on two WASs. One of them has been updated recently. The wsdl-files of both are not identical from a text point of view, however, from the xml-point of view they are (one declares all types inline, the other by type-attributes and subsequent definition). so, no wonder at all, both of them result in identical c#-proxyclasses after applying the wsdl.exe. the problem is, it works fine with one server, i.e. after calling 'invoke' in the proxyclass, I get an object arry with two non-null ...

how do you access the autotext feature in Outlook 2007?
I am looking for the autotext feature from the 2007 i was using 2003 version before that. Thanks in advance. Check here: Tools menu > Options > Mail Format tab > Editor Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect options "paulsmith" <paulsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E03D08-2AE9-4B5F-ACA2-6BB881B8BE7A@microsoft.com... >I am looking for the autotext feature from the 2007 i was using 2003 >version > before that. It's Quick Parts now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help...

Excel to Access, Excel from Access
Please Help Is possible to send a data to MS Access and get data direct from an MS Access table using VBA in MS Excel ? Thanks, Sahak Check out this site for example code Sahak http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Sahak" <sagoun@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:058301c389e6$3e446920$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Please Help > > Is possible to send a data to MS Access and get data > direct from an MS Access table using VBA in MS Excel ? > > Thanks, > > Sahak...

Login required to access Crystal
The first time we open Crystal Reports during a session, the login dialog is appearing. All of our browsers are configured for Integrated Windows Authentication, leaving me confused to the need to log in again. The problem happens for both WinXP machines that are logged onto the CRM domain, and Win2k that do not belong to the domain (but are on the same network). Furthermore, I was under the impression that Integrated Authentication would negate the need for a user to specify their logon creditentials if they are logged onto the domain. It is not the case for our XP machines that log into ...

Give user access to Site Usage Report page in Business Portal
How can I give a user access to just the Site Usage Report page that is accessed from Site Settings -> Sites and Workspaces -> View Site Usage Data in Business Portal 3? Thanks in advance for any assistance. -Joe ...

can i email an excel spreadsheet from office 2003 to a mac user
can i email an excel spreadsheet using office 2003 to an apple user using office 2004 trishia50 wrote: > can i email an excel spreadsheet using office 2003 to an apple user using > office 2004 Assuming you have an email account and an email client, yes. gls858 ...

Access Security Options
I would like to store some information in my database but it is information which needs to be protected by password so that only specified users can view and change it. Ideally, I would like to store this information in a subform within a form which can be accessed by anyone. Is this possible? Thank you very much for your willingness to help! Go to the subreport or create a subreport. Open the properties of the subreport. In events find onclick. There will be a box to the right of onclick. Click it and use code builder. Type the following in where the cursor is. Dim stpassword as...

User and Organization in the upper right corner
Hello all! Is there a way to change the Organization the logged in user is belonging to? I'm referring to the informations displayed in the very upper right corer of the CRM browser window. I've modified all the entries I could find but it still displays the old information. Thank you in advance, Hrvoje ...

Get user inputs
I have a workbook that opens up upon macro run. It opens up in Read Only and would like to prompt the user to save the file at this point. Once they have saved the workbook under a new name I would like to delect the original file located at c:\Sales.xls. I would also like to ask the user to Enter the start date in MMM YY and end date MMM YY. Then starting in cell E1 Enter the reporting period they specified. Can someone help me out with the code to do this? Thanks in advance. To open up the SaveAs dialog... Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show To delete origi...