Limit users to internal addresses only

How do you prevent a user from sending / receiving mail to / from external
(internet) addresses?

Many thanks in advance.

0
none6434 (5)

Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne
Read my blog!
http://winzenz.blogspot.com

"Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote in message
> How do you prevent a user from sending / receiving mail to / from external
> (internet) addresses?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

0
Ben

Unable to create new exchnage users
Hi, I am having a problem creating two individual mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server. We went live with Exchange in June with no problems and every new user that has started with the company has been set up successfully. On Tuesday I had a strange case where and employee had been off on long term sick returned to work. I re-enabled his account in AD and then went to create his exchange mailbox it seemed to work OK, however the recipient update service didn't create the mailbox/mail addresses. Due to other issues (someone cutting a fibre optic link) the problem got put on the ba...

Attaching a particular user defined function to cust button
Hello All Quick question can I attach a user defined function from Personal workbook to a customized button, I know I can right mouse click the button and assign macro but the list does not include functions. Probably doing something v wrong help would be much appreciated TIA Ajay Ajay, Why are you using a function? Functions return a result to the caller, so even if you could assign it, no-one would see the answer. A button is better served to run a routine (macro, sub) that does things, like colour cells, etc. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

create automessages if user leaves the company
Hi I have the following problem. There is a user which temporary leaves the company and come back to an unspecified date. All mails which sent to this user are forwarded to an other user who take the taks in absence of him. In behalf of security the user is disabled, that means a rule or "out of office assistent" doesn't work to inform customers that this user come back on an unspecified date and the other take his tasks. Is there a possipility to configure an automatic out of office and keep the possipility to forward the mails to the other user in exchange 2k3 ? Thanks...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

User Access Error!
It works yesterday well with the CRM, but today the system shows the following error: The logged on user is either not a Microsoft CRM user, is disabled in the system, has not been assigned any security roles, or has not been assigned a license. Error details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. It already verifies and everything seems to be well but I cannot enter nor like administrator. That I can do? Thanks! Can you start up the deployment manager? In that case, you should try to add a new user. This user should be member of the 'System administrator...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Redirecting emails to another email address
Hi, Can a rule or service be created to redirect incoming emails from a specific email (sender) to another email address? Johan Yes, you can create a Wizard Rule to forward the message to another address. If you are not connected to an Exchange server you must keep your Outlook open in order to process the rule. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Johan du Preez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1204001c44247$9ff65a10$a501280a@phx.gbl.....

Multiple Logon Sessions
Hi, one of our users is consistently unable to connect to the exchange server on our Network (Exchange 2003). In the status bar on the bottom right, the message is "disocnnected." Trying to reconnect does not work. He is using Outlook 2003. What seems to be happening is that there are too many logon sessions open at the same time, and thus he is not able to connect. When we restart the Information Store service on the Exchange Server, he is able to connect again. Sometimes this stays for a while, but today all sessions came back within a matter of an hour. Does anyone know wha...

Address List Filter problem
I want to create an address list containing employees and distribution lists of employees. I do not want to show resource mailboxes or system mailboxes. I added a custom attribute to each employee and each dist list with the word Employee in it. I created a filter which looked for the custom attribute with Employee in it. The people show up correctly but the distribution lists do not. I have tried several variations but still have not found a solution. It seems that anytime I add a custom filter to an address list the Query based distribution lists no longer show up. If this is the way i...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Transfer User Security and Files to new machine?
Win2003 Enterprise. I am replacing a server's hardware. The new server will have the same configuration in terms of users and files (data disk) but the system files / OS will be a fresh build. The environment is a Workgroup with no AD or domains. Users currently have access to certain folders and shares. Is there some way to bring this to the new server? I can physically copy files or I can actually install the old data drive in the new machine, but I realize this won't bring the user ID's over... or actually might with ID's I can't use. Is there a better sol...

multiple email addresses in one identity (OUTLOOK EXPRESS)
HELP!!! can anyone tell me how in the world i can set up multiple e-mail addresses in OUTLOOK EXPRESS under the same identity but give each e-mail address its own inbox? i have like 5 email addresses and it is irritating to have all five receive emails through the same inbox. i would much rather be able to differentiate which email is from what account without so much trouble! currently, one of my email addresses is a hotmail account, so that receives its own inbox (typical that microsoft would make its own products stand out). and if i add even more hotmail accounts, each one of tho...

Exploit
Recently I received an email from a Email Campaign Vendor in which they were able to craft an 'unathenticated email' that resolved to a local address in organizations Global Address List; we are running Exchange 2003 SP2. Here is the entry from the Exchange 2003 Security Hardening guide that explains this feature: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/300d578b-c7ec-4ff0-978b-da0d6bb89ab1.mspx?mfr=true Default Authentication Settings By default, Exchange 2003 does not resolve a sender's e-mail address unless the sender uses a client pr...

Two computers in office used by same user...problems
Seems that my boss insists on using two separate offices and keeps both signed in with multiple items in Outlook all day long. The NK2 file seems to change between the two of them and many times he doesn't have the same contact information simultaneously on both machines. He is very tired of this and so am I??? I would be willing to purchase software to take care of this problem if necessary...I just need to know where to start to keep information identical between the logins on 2 different computers...thanks! Dear Jeannie, i am not sure if this is going to help you, but i think you n...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

find mac address of my own computer by excell macro
I am using excell 2002. I want to find mac address of my own computer by excell macro. Give something like this a try. '---------------------------------- Sub GetMAC() Dim strLine As String Dim bEther As Boolean bEther = False Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set wshExec = wsh.Exec("ipconfig /all") Set objStdOut = wshExec.StdOut Do Until objStdOut.AtEndOfStream strLine = objStdOut.ReadLine If InStr(strLine, "Ethernet") > 0 Then bEther = True End If If InStr(strLine, "Physical Address") &g...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Address book transfer
How to transfer address book to another computer? >-----Original Message----- >How to transfer address book to another computer? >. >Obviously you are not using a roaming profile. You can export the address book to a .pst file copy it to the other computer and import it into outlook. The procedure is not difficult. Utilize the Helper when it pops up. Good luck ...

Propagate the same user for multiple folders in Outlook
Hello, I have a user that has the following folder structure in his Outlook mailbox: Folder1 |------------Folder2 |------------Folder3 |------------Folder4 |--------------Folder5 and so on. I need to share Folder1 and all its subfolders (ie: the entire folder structure) with another user. I am able to set the appropiate permissions by hand and the other Outlook user can see these folders OK, but my question is: Can I set a user and permissions on Folder1 and make them propagte thru the entire structure? The source user has a folder structure of over 60 folders, a...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

2 addresses forwarded to 1 account
We are in need of 1 more email account, but we have used all that are alotted by our provider. The easiest thing would be to purchase some more, but we are not doing that right now. What I have setup is our domain host is forwarding email to our email provider accounts. Specifically we have 5 earthlink accounts, but need six. I can easily add the sixth address to our domain host and have it forwarded to one of the 5 actual accounts, which is what is going to happen. One address will be user1@ourdomain.com and the other user2@ourdomain.com. Both will be forwarded to user1@earthlink.net and Out...

Users on a network
I need some vba code to list the names of computers and/or users currentlylogged on a network. Can anyone point me in the right direction pleaseAlex Paradigm wrote:> I need some vba code to list the names of computers and/or users currently> logged on a network. Can anyone point me in the right direction please> Alex> > Check the code found below:http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm-- Smartin I need to list all the users on the network not just the one on the computerrunning the code.Alec"Smartin" <smartin108@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:%23WXZ2CrYHHA.45...