limit the size of imbound/outbound emails - how?

We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and
going outbound?

Thanks

AW
0
SW (184)

Yes.  See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server.

"SW" wrote:

> We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and
> going outbound?
>
> Thanks
>
> AW
0
Mailman (56)

Outlook 2007 receiving pop3 email
Hi I use Sky as my ISP for email, with Outlook configured as my email account. I receive emails in Outlook via Sky when my computer is switched on and Outlook is open but any emails to me when the computer is off do not get to me in Outlook. Have I missed a tick box somewhere that picks up emails when I first switch on and open Outlook? -- ian "ian clark" <ianclark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB3A500B-00FA-4CB8-BF0A-1C0F78077855@microsoft.com... > Hi > I use Sky as my ISP for email, with Outlook configured as my email > acco...

How not to receive email messages as attachments
After having used Netscape for browsing and email, I'm now new to Outlook 2002 and this might issue might be something obvious, but I seem to be missing it. From some senders, I have been receiving their email with the messages as an attachment. I checked with my Netscape 7.1 email to view the very same emails and the messages were in the body of the email, not as attachments. Where are the settings regarding this? What am I missing????? Thanks ...

Slow sending email with attachments over broadband
Okay, so here is my problem I am on boradband (1.5MB/256Mb) which works fine. Donwloads a 3MB file in less then a minute. But when I try to attach anything to email it stalls and takes atleast 7 to 10 minutes to send through. Here are the things I have tired - Formatted the Computer and loaded Windows XP on from scratch. - Tired my friends email account - tired my PC at my friends house - tired another pc - Tried using Outlook and Outlook Express All the same thing. Once my attachment gets over 1Mb it just takes ages. Can anyone help me out? I have done everything I can think of. ...

How to forward email in Exchange2003 #2
Shortly we have windows server 2003 instead of windows NT, now the problem is that I don't know how to forward mail from a user to a second email-adres within Exchange2003. Go to the properties of the user object in Active Directory Users and Computers and look at the Exchange related tabs. You'll find lots of useful functionality there including forwarding options. Nue "MG" <geur0178@planet.nl> wrote in message news:1138791791.905551.21590@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Shortly we have windows server 2003 instead of windows NT, now the > problem is that ...

custom sizes and importing graphics
I'm trying to create a custom-sized horizontal literature piece that is 9"w x 8"h and folds to 9"w x 4"h to fit into a standard #10 envelope. I can create this document in the page setup and the blank document appears on my pasteboard. However, when trying to import pictures and graphics into the document, the pictures or graphics don't appear. I'm able to click on Insert - Picture - From File and click on the picture or graphic I need to import and it allows me to click through. But, on the document pasteboard, a blank box appears (though, the blank box ...

SBS2008 + Exchange 2007 database sizes
http://blogs.technet.com/haroldwong/archive/2007/05/04/exchange-server-2007-standard-edition-unlimited-database-size.aspx Just come across this ?? Is this correct and does this apply to SBS 2008 ? I thought that the maximum size was 200GB ? "Jim" <jim@dontwantspam.com> wrote in message news:hempb8$1int$1@energise.enta.net... > http://blogs.technet.com/haroldwong/archive/2007/05/04/exchange-server-2007-standard-edition-unlimited-database-size.aspx > > Just come across this ?? > > Is this correct and does this apply to SBS 2008 ? I thought that ...

How do I reduce the size of a calendar?
When I try to reduce a calendar template to a smaller size, the numbers are all messed up. I'm using Publisher 2000 Two ways. 1. Convert the file to a .pdf and then print it from Adobe Reader at a smaller scale. 2. Make sure all of your text is marked as shrink to fit. Select All. Group. Grab one of the corner handles and shrink it. (My choice would be to create it in the size I need in the first place but it sounds like it's too late for that advice.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "McFr...

Importing email from Gmail to outlook 2007
I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i stated using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new and not the old email which were already there in my Gmail account please help me out with this. "Manish Rathod" <Manish Rathod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71B136DC-B04C-4872-B572-523B8ABC5E6D@microsoft.com... >I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i >stated > using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new > and > not the old email...

Forms and Reports Don't Retain Size on Opening
I recently did some work on a database and reissued a new front end. On my client's system (and on another computer of mine), forms and reports open in postage stamp size (or close to it). What could be the cause of this and how do I correct it? -- susan Check the pop-up property and make sure it is set to no. Or, if they are, you can expand them or set a new size, save them, and then they should open correctly. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Susan L" wrote: > I recently did some work on a database and reissued a new front end. On my ...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Screen Output Window Size
Am I the only one who always has to click the window expand button (beside the close window X) to view any output sent to screen? My reports display 100%, but I have to scroll to the right (or maximize the screen) to see the rest of the report. I sure would like to have the screen output window open fully every time. ...

Good Morning: I am in the middle of an email audit and I am trying to do searches that meet certain guidelines. An example of a search would be: The searches are like this Frequent within 10 words of Trad* Excessive with in 10 words of Employee Any help would be great. Cheers Darren ...

Can't send email 04-21-10
All of a sudden, I can't send email. I can receive. Nothing has been changed in "settings." I've been sending emails all day, then BAM! I get this message. I've rebooted. What just happened? The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.islandbeadandbox.com (1)', Server: 'mail.islandbeadandbox.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Islandbeadandbox.com is not your ISP. Many connection providers will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other...

Multiple Email Accounts in Outlook 2010
I have set up two email accounts (Or at least I thought I did.) under Outlook 2010 just as I have them set up under Live Mail which I will abandon once I get Outlook working like I want it to. If I send an email from from my laptop to each account they appear in my Desktops Outlook's only Inbox. In Live mail I have the two accounts, each with its own Inbox. How can I set up Outlook to have separate inboxes for each account? Thank you. Assuming pop mail that's the default behavior, unless you set up each mail account to use a separate data File, in which case you ...

email
Hi everyone, I hope this is not too stupid! I want to compress the photos I send with my emails. I have dial-up and it takes so long. Is there a program I can download or buy to do this. Thanks SAS Try the free Irfanview at www.Irfanview.com "SAS" <SAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9362C82-2127-426F-A238-998A7154B7D4@microsoft.com... | Hi everyone, | | I hope this is not too stupid! I want to compress the photos I send with | my emails. I have dial-up and it takes so long. Is there a program I can | download or buy to do this. | | Thanks | SA...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

Outlook 2007-cannot open your default email folders
I just upgraded Outlook 2003 to 2007. I deleted the profile. I created another. I set the data files to the new 265kb .pst. I also tried to point it to my former main .pst file. And Outlook just gives me this error and closes. "Cannot open your default email folders. The server is not available." Which exact method did you use to point it to the different pst-file? Did Outlook work directly after creating the mail profile? If it doesn't, make sure you have entered the correct account details when you recreated your mail profile. If it does, you can simply ...

i want to see the email adress of sender in the from column
i want to see the email adress of the sender in the from column and not their name. Anyone any suggestions. I want to recognize immediatly if someone is sending mail from their work or their personel email adress. Thanks, Levent The sender controls the format of the address, not the recipient. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Levent" <Levent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42BC81C7-FDA5-4254-A69C-613B3C45790B@microsoft.com... >i want to see the email adress of the sender in the from column and not >their > name. > Anyone any suggestions. >...

printing size?
I have a jag laser machine which engraves names from a spreadsheet. I need to know how long a particular name will be when printed given a font and the point size. ...

Email Rules #2
I need to somehow create a rule within exchange that when an email comes in that has certain words in the subject line it is forwarded to another account as well. (Running Exchange 5.5). How would I do this? Thanks so much 1) May need to use 3rd-party stuff. 2) Outlook Rules -> will need to keep Outlook client open/connected to process rules. 3) Or migrate to Exchange 2007 and use Transport Rules. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "vbnetdev" <admin@kjmsolution...

Redirecting emails to another email address
Hi, Can a rule or service be created to redirect incoming emails from a specific email (sender) to another email address? Johan Yes, you can create a Wizard Rule to forward the message to another address. If you are not connected to an Exchange server you must keep your Outlook open in order to process the rule. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Johan du Preez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1204001c44247$9ff65a10$a501280a@phx.gbl.....

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Contacts Email Types
How can I prevent the E-mail type of Fax from appearing in the users' address books. This is very confusing to the end user. I would like for them to see email addesses only. Thanks Jeanie Francis-Hayes ...

How to make Outlook my eMail choiceinstead of Thunderbird?
Set it as default in Control panel, Internet options, programs tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com. "johnmcinerney" <...