Limit number of email send out in a minute - Exchange '03

Hi,

Would like to know whether it's possible to control number of email send out
by exchange within certain timeframe. For example, every one minute, only
100 email can be sent out, subsequent 100 email will be send in the next
minute, and so on.

The objective is try to limit and avoid spam email send out from internal.

Thanks

0
keira (3)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:11:44 +0800, "Keira" <keira@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Would like to know whether it's possible to control number of email send out
>by exchange within certain timeframe. For example, every one minute, only
>100 email can be sent out, subsequent 100 email will be send in the next
>minute, and so on.
>
>The objective is try to limit and avoid spam email send out from internal.

You send SPAM out?

>Thanks

0
adavid (8731)
4/25/2007 11:46:44 AM
Hi,

Not to send SPAM.

Give you some background, currently we have an application which use to send
marketing campaign email to our VIP card holders. We are not able to
configure this application not send too many email at a short time, which
might eventually crash our exchange server. So, what we are trying to
achieve is to limit number of email send out from our exchange server.

Thanks

"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:11:44 +0800, "Keira" <keira@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Would like to know whether it's possible to control number of email send
>>out
>>by exchange within certain timeframe. For example, every one minute, only
>>100 email can be sent out, subsequent 100 email will be send in the next
>>minute, and so on.
>>
>>The objective is try to limit and avoid spam email send out from internal.
>
> You send SPAM out?
>

>>Thanks

0
keira (3)
4/25/2007 1:17:38 PM
"Keira" <keira@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Give you some background, currently we have an application which use to send
>marketing campaign email to our VIP card holders. We are not able to
>configure this application not send too many email at a short time, which
>might eventually crash our exchange server. So, what we are trying to
>achieve is to limit number of email send out from our exchange server.

I don't think there's much danger of your server crashing.

How many messages are you sending?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks a alot for the reply!

Every time there will be around 100 emails, but for sure less than 200. The
frequency of the email campaign sending occur is once/twice per month. Will
there be any issue?

Thanks

> "Keira" <keira@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Give you some background, currently we have an application which use to
>>send
>>marketing campaign email to our VIP card holders. We are not able to
>>configure this application not send too many email at a short time, which
>>might eventually crash our exchange server. So, what we are trying to
>>achieve is to limit number of email send out from our exchange server.
>
> I don't think there's much danger of your server crashing.
>
> How many messages are you sending?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
keira (3)
4/26/2007 2:25:09 AM
"Keira" <keira@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Every time there will be around 100 emails, but for sure less than 200. The
>frequency of the email campaign sending occur is once/twice per month. Will
>there be any issue?

Not with that little batch of email!

I suppose that if you have a *very* slow Internet connection and send
large attachments on those messages that it might take a while to
deliver them, but that's a function of the available bandwidth, not a
server problem.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Outlook crashing on email with attachments
Every time we get an email with an attachment outlook hangs on opening and stops responding. We have read and followed all of the updates and patches for this issue on the microsoft page with no success. Has anyone else had this same issue and any luck with fixing the problem. We have even uninstalled office and re-installed, and as far as formating the hard drive and re-installing windows XP, this was per Dell. This also had no effect on the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Jeff, I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you find anything that helps? Bill >-----Original...

Credit Card Number on Receipt
Hi, I have replaced the default credit card tendering window with my own hook in. After the transaction is cleared it prints a receipt but it will not print the masked credit card number on the receipt that I have swiped on my application. HI, Make sure you are updating the correct fields data in your application, second check the TenderEntry table and verified that credit card number is saved there. you need to use the SQL Query tool from administrator program for this. If the above information is verified now check the receipt.xml file and find the credit card printing call procedur...

Importing email from Gmail to outlook 2007
I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i stated using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new and not the old email which were already there in my Gmail account please help me out with this. "Manish Rathod" <Manish Rathod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71B136DC-B04C-4872-B572-523B8ABC5E6D@microsoft.com... >I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i >stated > using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new > and > not the old email...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

how can i know the reason for blocking my email by IMF?
Dear ALL, I have tried to send some testing emails. I can use the message tracking centre to find my testing emails. Some are blocked. but it does not show any reasons. Is there any method to get those reasons for blocking my testing emails? Thanks a lot Thomas IMF does not provide details on how it rates emails. cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:002AEC81-9187-42CC-B878-1A809DEE008B@microsoft.co...

Total Number of Hours
I have a tracking sheet and I entered the total number of hours spent on a project and then when I want the sume the total is 6.65 instead of 7.05 for 7 hours and 5 minutes. How do I fix this? The way I entered the time is 0.35 for 35 minutes. Do I need to enter the times a different way? If you are in a place that use : as a time delimiter then you need to enter it like hh:mm 35 minutes should be entered as 0:35 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "celeste" <celeste@discussions.micros...

"send as" permission issue
I am trying to assign a user1 the "send as" right to a certain mailbox. In ADUC console I go into the properties of the user2's profile, under the security tab I add user1 and check "send as" and "receive as" permissions and OK out of everything. When user1 tries to send as user2 he gets this error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 10/13/2006 12:09 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: (user's name) on 10/13/2006 12:10 PM You do not have permission...

Multiple Email Accounts in Outlook 2010
I have set up two email accounts (Or at least I thought I did.) under Outlook 2010 just as I have them set up under Live Mail which I will abandon once I get Outlook working like I want it to. If I send an email from from my laptop to each account they appear in my Desktops Outlook's only Inbox. In Live mail I have the two accounts, each with its own Inbox. How can I set up Outlook to have separate inboxes for each account? Thank you. Assuming pop mail that's the default behavior, unless you set up each mail account to use a separate data File, in which case you ...

Can't send email 04-21-10
All of a sudden, I can't send email. I can receive. Nothing has been changed in "settings." I've been sending emails all day, then BAM! I get this message. I've rebooted. What just happened? The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.islandbeadandbox.com (1)', Server: 'mail.islandbeadandbox.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Islandbeadandbox.com is not your ISP. Many connection providers will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other...

email
Hi everyone, I hope this is not too stupid! I want to compress the photos I send with my emails. I have dial-up and it takes so long. Is there a program I can download or buy to do this. Thanks SAS Try the free Irfanview at www.Irfanview.com "SAS" <SAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9362C82-2127-426F-A238-998A7154B7D4@microsoft.com... | Hi everyone, | | I hope this is not too stupid! I want to compress the photos I send with | my emails. I have dial-up and it takes so long. Is there a program I can | download or buy to do this. | | Thanks | SA...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

adding numbers #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. So 1h or 5h, etc... Is there a way I can select a bunch of cells. and add these numbers. Even though there is "h" in the cell? thanks SUM works just as well on time, just format the result cell as [h]:mm if it might exceed 24 hours. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote in message news:OvM5oBU1IHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. > So 1h or 5h, etc... > I...

Contacts Email Types
How can I prevent the E-mail type of Fax from appearing in the users' address books. This is very confusing to the end user. I would like for them to see email addesses only. Thanks Jeanie Francis-Hayes ...

Redirecting emails to another email address
Hi, Can a rule or service be created to redirect incoming emails from a specific email (sender) to another email address? Johan Yes, you can create a Wizard Rule to forward the message to another address. If you are not connected to an Exchange server you must keep your Outlook open in order to process the rule. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Johan du Preez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1204001c44247$9ff65a10$a501280a@phx.gbl.....

Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroes formatted as text ???
In my test run, I was using a column of first names in workbook A to check and flag their presence in workbook B, The code given to me by Marcus here worked fine. No problem at all. .. When I switched to the real problem by replacing my columns of data with numbers with leading zeroes, the columns being already formatted as text, the program did not find Matches. .. In both workbooks columns of data, cells have an automatic Excel comment that says : "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". .. What am I missing here ? Is there a spe...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

Meeting Requests
Dear Outlook 2003 Users, Is there an easy way to resend (or send a reminder to) a person or persons who have not responded to a meeting request? In a perfect world, it would keep it all in the same meeting (and not start a second meeting) so there is one central place to track responses. Thanks a million in advance! Kevin ...

sequential numbers
I simply want to sequentially number rows in a column. However, some of the rows do not contain any data so do not need to be numbered. So there is in fact a blank. It´s also possible that i´d want to add another row, and auto update the number sequence. You cannot drag the auto numbering facility across cells that you want to remain empty of course, because they will be numbered. With your data in column A,: Formula in B1 :1 In B2: =IF(A2="",B1,B1+1) Fill down. Format B2: Format>Conditional Formatting Cell Value is, Equal to, B1 (remove the $signs if you clic...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Print format changes when emailed to others
I have a large multiple worksheet excel book that is formatted in landscape mode. When this book is sent to other people they wind up having to reset print page breaks etc..Yet if I email this to my other computer all is well. Anyone got an idea on what may be happening here? Thanks, Bill ...

GENERATE RANDOM NUMBERS BUT EXCLUDE A NUMBER IN THE SEQUENCE
I NEED TO GENERATE A RANDOM NUMBER BETWEEN 1-9 BUT NEED TO EXCLUDE WHATEVER IS IN THE CELL ABOVE IT. IF THE CELL ABOVE IT SAYS 8. I NEED TO GENERATE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,OR 9. IM STUMPED? > I NEED TO GENERATE A RANDOM NUMBER BETWEEN 1-9 BUT NEED TO EXCLUDE > WHATEVER IS IN THE CELL ABOVE IT. IF THE CELL ABOVE IT SAYS 8. I NEED > TO GENERATE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,OR 9. IM STUMPED? On way: In A2:A100, put =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) In B1, put =RANDBETWEEN(1,9) In B2, put =A2+(A2>=B1) and copy down to B100 Use the values in column B. I might of explained it wrong. I want to use random(1,9) but...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Emails from Workflow
Hi when you send emails through workflow, the sender is by default the administrator. If i login to the CRM server as another user (User A), and then open up Workflow manager and create a rule that would send emails, would the recipient see this new 'User A' as the sender of the email ? ...

Sending file to Newtork Directory using SQL Serve Job
Hi, I am trying to create a Job in SQL Server 2005 and have an output file being sent to a local directory. I can do this no problem by sending the file to a local directory, but when I try to send this to a Network directory, the process still runs successfully but the file does not show in the specificed network drive. Is it possible to send files this way? Below is how I am sending it to the Network Directory. =91\\myservername\global$\myfiles\=94 Any thoughts and/or suggestions would greatly be apprciated and thank you in advance for any help! On Mon, 3 May 2010 ...