Licensing question #2

Hi,

Exchange 2000, per seat licensing. I've deleted the AD account and
mailbox a long time ago for a number of users, however, they are still
using an Exchange  license according to Licensing.

Is this expected? Do I have to delete the license every time I delete
a mailbox?

Thanks,

Peter

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:43:29 +0700, noemail@com.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Exchange 2000, per seat licensing. I've deleted the AD account and
>mailbox a long time ago for a number of users, however, they are still
>using an Exchange  license according to Licensing.
>
>Is this expected? Do I have to delete the license every time I delete
>a mailbox?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Peter
Ignore it.
In most cases you can simply stop and disable the licence logging
service.
0
mark7219 (5666)
3/10/2005 7:48:58 AM
Mark,

Thank you. Does that apply to Exchange 2003 also?

Peter

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:48:58 +0000, "Mark Arnold [MVP]"
<mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:43:29 +0700, noemail@com.com wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Exchange 2000, per seat licensing. I've deleted the AD account and
>>mailbox a long time ago for a number of users, however, they are still
>>using an Exchange  license according to Licensing.
>>
>>Is this expected? Do I have to delete the license every time I delete
>>a mailbox?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Peter
>Ignore it.
>In most cases you can simply stop and disable the licence logging
>service.

Calendar formatting #2
I'm creating our annual calendar. I created a one-month calendar, then updated the formatting, including the color schemes & the items to which each main or accent color is assigned and the "styles & formatting" for text, then I selected "synchronize formatting" as instructed in the help files, and after all of that was done, I changed the date range to create a year's worth of calendars. Not only do the changes not synchronize, but the next months show up with a variety of differing text styles, and accent colors... to make things even more frustr...

quick vba question
How do I do this... RecLen1 = 5 RecLen2 = 10 RecLen3 = 8 For i = 1 to 3 MsgBox RecLen & i '<--- no workie Next i I want RecLen and "i" put together like RecLen1 or RecLen2 or RecLen3 thanks for any help on this... "RecLen" is text and is not a variable as you have written your code. Do this: MsgBox "RecLen" & i '<--- no workie HTH Otto "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NWb2e.10203$Pc.1998@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > How do I do this... > > RecLen1 = 5 > RecLen2 = 10 > RecLen3 ...

License Question: clarification of "non-commercial use" for Office

Does admin take up 1 license
Hello. CRM comes with 5 CAL's Does one of these need to get used by the administrator of the Server? who would like do administrate CRM? Or does CRM have a built in administrator account? Not necessarily...only if you want the administrator to have access to MSCRM data. The administrator that installs MSCRM gets a special license that allows them to open the MS CRM deployment manager, and the client, and perform basic administrative tasks. However, without a full license, they won't be able to view data. Mike "dicklexick" <dicklexick@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Quick OWA question
Exhcange 2003: We are using forms based authentication with https on our owa page. This page was customized by someone who has since left the company. I recently applied SP1 which obviously changed our logon.asp back to the default. Can I simply restore this file from our backups or did SP1 make changes that would prevent me from doing this? ...

Digital ID question?
Hi! If I want to use Digital ID which does not contain email address to sign emails how can I do that in Outlook 2003. I know it is possible, but what I should do excatly? Cheers, Mikko "news.microsoft.com" <argonaut@jippii.fi> wrote in message news:%23%23sw3mHlDHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Now this should show correct name... Cheers, Mikko ...

Product Key Code Question
I have Vista - and i'm trying to run Office and now it's services are diminished because i didn't enter the product key code. I have the code - tried to enter it - no luck. Where online can i enter the code? Or what other options might i have. Thanks for any consideration to this in advance. Dave, You might have better luck in the Office newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.misc&cat=en_US_24f872ec-a5b6-4cc1-925d-0364c03e6da6&lang=en&cr=US. This is the Dynamics GP newsgroup. -- Victoria Yudin D...

LICENSE
I HAVE RMS POS 1.2 AND WHEN I RING UP A SALE AFTER I TENDER IT I GET THERE WAS A PROBLEM READING YOUR LICENSE FILE (INVALID CHARACTER IN A BASE-64 STRING) I CAN ENTER THROUGH BUT IT IS VERY ANNOYING ANY IDEAS? ...

Policy Question
I am running Exchange 2003. My question is: Can I schedule Recipient policies to run once a week, every other week or monthly? I do not see the capability to schedule when they would run during their creation. So, it looks like it's an every night thing. I have told my CIO 'no, I can't schedule when they run at the moment' but thought I'd ask the question. Thanks for any Replies - Jon On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:47:11 -0500, "Jon Slater" <lanmanjs@comcast.net> wrote: > I am running Exchange 2003. My question...

How do I syncronize 2 outlook's
Before replying please remove the DONOTSPAM. form my email address! I have a desktop and a laptop and I want to syncronize the emails with one another. Is this possible? See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:044e01c46e10$4d58e4e0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Eric W wrote: > Before replying please remove the DONOTSPAM. form my email > address! > > I have ...

Problem freeing up license
I disabled a user before I removed their license. Now, although they don't show up in CRM under Users, they still take up a license, and they still show up in Deployment Manager. How do I free up that license? I know there is a procedure if you've removed them from AD before CRM, but I haven't removed this user from AD. On the plus side, I now know how to correctly disable a user. Thanks! Hello, Goto Settings, Business Unit Settings, Users. Then select "Disabled Users" from the View: dropdown in the upper right corner. You can now see the disabled user. You can...

Anybody out there? Outlook Today pane and other questions
I want to set up several layers of tasks, for instance, call, drop by, mail flyers, as well as lists of other unrelated projects. BUt my outlook today pane only shows one task list. I went under customize, and it allows you to pick a folder, ie inbox, but that won't show your tasks. Can I customize what outlook today shows? Or, what is the best way to use oUtlook for project management? And what is the best way to deal with a sales contact list? It seems like you can't change the flag color in contacts, and you can't color code the contact label to show who you've c...

Questions about Creating Rules
Hello: I'm new to using Outlook and am a little lost on how to create rules effectively. I belong to a e-mail discussion list and I would like to filter out e-mail that comes from a certain group of people. How can I create just one rule to filter out e-mail addresses of those people? Right now I have one to delete permanently from each one of these people. And created another one to delete any e-mails that are sent to them. So basically, I have to create 2 rules for each person - one to detect the TO: field and another one to detect the FROM: field. Can I create just one rule to filter o...

Access 2.0 Conversion Utility for Access 2003
Has anyone been able to locate the access 2.0 conversion utility for Access 2003? On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:11:57 -0800, Mike wrote: > Has anyone been able to locate the access 2.0 conversion > utility for Access 2003? Hi Mike, You must call Microsoft to get this file. There is an article documenting this on Office Online at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010947401033&CTT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=6ES4tDFJ20&Query=access+2.0+converter&Scope=TC%2cHP%2cHA%2cRC%2cFX%2cES%2cEP%2cDC%2cXT. If your newsreader has problems with the lon...

Counting data #2
Hi all I would like to count data relating to different columns but also i this data matches certain cells. A1 to A10 = Areas B1 to B10 = names D1 = Area D2 = Name The formula should count the names only if they relate to the area an name data in column D. Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=D1)*(B1:B10=D2)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >I would like to count data relating to different columns but also if >this data matches certain cells. > >A1 to A10 = Areas >B1 to B10...

Count Question
I have a spreadsheet with over 6,000 rows of data. Column A lists a category of which there are 8 possibilities. I know how to use =countif to determine how many times a certain category appears. However, beside column A is a column with dates. These dates indicate when a certain entry was closed. If there is no date in column B then the entry, or case, is still considered open. I need to have a count of each category for the cases that are still open. I assume a nested formula is the key, but I'm not clear on what that would be. Any help would be much appreciated. Example: ...

Hi #2
I am continuously receiving email from people using 'Hi' in the subject matter. Since there are other valid emails that will use this combination of letters 'hi', I cannot use Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard to delete. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Dongle and licenses
I am looking into purchasing the RMS 1.3 software for my business, but I have a few technical questions that need answered so I don't make any major mistakes along the way. I am going to purchase the software from an online retailer and do the customization myself, as I am good with SQL and client/server setups and feel that this challenge would be satisfying and fun; therefore, I won't work with a local partner. That said, here are my questions: 1.) Let's say at first I purchase 1 lane. I understand that I get 1 dongle that must be on the computer that starts the POS modul...

Calender Control easy question to hard questions
I'm relatively new to Access, and I have a question about Calender control. I know how to place the calender into a form, but how do I put the date I select into a textbox? I've seen people write about the on click or on double click event on the calender, but I don't see those features in the calenders properties. Is there some code I can have that will simply put the date I select into that textbox? That was the easy question. Harder question, what I would like to do is, I'm making a form where essentially it would be a schedule timer, the person would enter in first name, ...

GP Upgrade #2
We just upgraded to GP 10.0. We want the salesmen to be able to enter their own orders, but we don't want them to be able to change the unit price or the extended price on the order. Is there a setting I can use for this? Thanks Angie I might be wrong but I think thats a security issue. -- Craig "Angie" wrote: > We just upgraded to GP 10.0. We want the salesmen to be able to enter their > own orders, but we don't want them to be able to change the unit price or > the extended price on the order. Is there a setting I can use for this? > > Than...

Offline Defrag question
Hi, If an Exchange Database is 50 Gb and the only amount of free space is 5 Gb, is an offline defrag possible? After some reading it appears that an online defrag is NOT possible, but I wanted to ask the group to confirm. Am I mistaken? thanks, Mel I mistyped: (corrected) It appears that an offline defrag is NOT possible, but wanted to confirm.. "Mel" wrote: > Hi, > > If an Exchange Database is 50 Gb and the only amount of free space is 5 Gb, > is an offline defrag possible? After some reading it appears that an online > defrag is NOT possible, but I ...

how #2
I had an old computer about 5 yrs ago that had microsoft money on it..I used it and then about a year ago I purchased a new computer which at that time came with the quicken program instead of microsoft money...back then you helped me transfer the quicken program to microsoft money so that I could continue to use my accounts...I now have the same problem...We had to do a system recovery and I have lost my microsoft money program...once again it is quicken which I do not want...I have backed up my microsoft money to floppy disks...but I once again need to know how to get the money pro...

Questions for POS 2009
Hi, 1. I would like to know if POS can read type 2 barcodes, Barcodes printed in a deli scale with the price embeded. 2. Can you hook up a scale and have weighd items, as fruit an vegetables? 3. Doe is accept pinpads with signature capture? does RMS ? Thanks Sacha Yes to all your questions. You may also want to look an addon that integrates Deli scales by www.genesis-pos.com Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "Sacha Favelevic" <sacha@chiacgocashregister.com> wrote in message news:urHMQMDdKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > 1...

Need to compare data in 2 columns and not sure how.
Hello, I have two columns of data that I want to compare. Here is an example of how they look. Tone Depth 4 3 5 5 3 2 3 3 3 2 3 2 2 3 2 3 4 4 3 1 3 2 3 1 3 3 3 1 3 3 4 4 3 2 4 3 4 3 4 4 4 3 3 5 3 2 As you can see, there are several points where a Tone of 3 can have a depth of 5 or 2 or various other numbers between 1 and 5. Tone has the same range of numbers. I want to create a chart that compares Tone in terms of Depth, i.e., if it has a Ton...