Legal archiving for a group of users

I have a situation for legal reasons that i have to
archive all communications for a group of users. I need
to know how I can setup an Archive with either creating a
seperate storage group for the users or installing some
3rd party solution. I've just never had a situation like
this and need to know what my options are for doing such
a task. Thanks in advance for anyone that might respond

In article <00b801c3c006$571470c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Linnie Gooch" <linniegooch@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a situation for legal reasons that i have to
> archive all communications for a group of users. I need
> to know how I can setup an Archive with either creating a
> seperate storage group for the users or installing some
> 3rd party solution. I've just never had a situation like
> this and need to know what my options are for doing such
> a task. Thanks in advance for anyone that might respond

Your options are pretty straightforward:

1. Turn on message journaling, then move all those users to a separate
SG.

2. Install a third-party product like CommVault Galaxy or KVS.

Cheers,
-Paul

--
Paul Robichaux <paulr@mvps.org>
MVP - Exchange

Archiving old projets
Hello, How do we go about archiving obsolete projets in MS Project Server 2003? Can they be deleted only via the "Clean up Project Server database"? How do we select multiple projects for an all-at-once delete? Thanks for your help. Avi -- The answer depends on your organization's desire to maintain historical data on completed projects for analysis purposes. If your organization doesn't need the historical data, you can delete old completed projects using the Clean Up Project Server Database feature in Project Server 2003. If you need to perform a ...

When Sharing settings dont appear the same for all users
Users have told me that "Windows" Freeze Panes and hidden rows and columns are not appearing the same by all users when they launch the file. I can't figure out why, but it appears that Execl may be remebering prior settings even though I have taken off share and resend I have played with the "Include in Personal View Setting" but that does not appear to fix it. Is there a way through VBA to Purge completely the Share history including any interface settings? Also any links to expanded documentation on using Share would be welcome. Thanks From Support DB...

legal disclosure statement.
Is there any way I can automatically add a legal disclousre at the end of every email sent from my Exchange 5.5 server? http://www.policypatrol.com/Features.htm >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way I can automatically add a legal >disclousre at the end of every email sent from my >Exchange 5.5 server? >. > Here is a link that tells you how to set it up. There is a KB on it too. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding_Email_Disclaimer_Text_With_The_IMS_Extension_In_MS_Exchange_55.html "Shirley Cione" <shirleycione@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Recovery Storage Group error when trying to add database #3
Can you please tell me where I would make the change to the DN as described below? Hi, The problem is that in the distinguished name of the database there is a single parenthesis without its match. Examples of this would include: cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG1,cn=First Storage Group,.... cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG2),cn=Second Storage Group (TestServer,cn=... If you add the closing parenthesis and force replication of the Active Directory the "Add Databases to Recover" dialog should work properly. The problem is the LDAP request that is sent to the Domain Controller to render ...

Date Grouping in Pivot Chart
I am using a Pivot Table and Pivot Chart to summarize an event count. An event is stored with a date/timestamp and I am using grouping to count the number of events for each day. Not all days have entries. In the Pivot Chart (column type), I would like to plot every calendar day for the time interval in the pivot table, even those w/o a count. When I edit the field settings for Date to "show items with no data", it gives me a whole year's worth of dates instead of just filling in the gaps in my existing date range. In the grouping options, the start and end days are set but seem ...

Reports
Could anybody assist me or guide me in the correct direction for what I need to do. Lets use the Detailed Sales report for example... If you place the date in the first column and group by first column, it does not group all of the same dates. I believe what it is doing is also grouping the Time as well as the date. Well of course these transactions all happened during different hours of the day, but i want it to group. by the date only, ignore the time. what could I do to the code to modify this change? any ideas? There is a Custom Report in the microsoft reports library that fixes t...

SBS 2003 User Issue
Our company wants to allow a 3rd party marketing company to send emails as if they were employed by us (so using our domain). I thought that using OWA may be the best route My primary goal was to limit access for a user to only their email folder (i.e. deny them access to the Public Folders). I took advice from this post http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800456067/tm.htm and was merrily testing with an existing account. This took a weird turn when the following happened: - I added in a 'Deny' group and set that as Primary for the user I removed 'Domain Users' from ...

Pivot Table Grouping Issue
Using Excel 2002. I copied and pasted a pivot table to a new sheet, which I though would create a new pivot table in its own right. However, when I attempt to group some fields and hide the detail, this action is copied in the original table so I end up with two grouped tables rather than one grouped and one ungrouped as wished to have. Is this normal Excel behaviour and / or is there a workaround? (Incidentally, I used the copy and paste function rather than create a new table because I wanted to save some of the settings). Thanks in advance for any assistance. When you copy a pivot ...

sql 2005 Shrinking User Database
Theoretically, we have 24x7 system. However, there are times of a day when there is little or no activity. The database is extremely overallocated and I would like to shrink it. I am thinking of creating a one-time maintenance plan that will perform shrink db maintenance plan task. Are there any issues in me doing so? I realize that the preferred method is to do it in single user mode. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury now. Thanks in advance RG (RG@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Theoretically, we have 24x7 system. However, there are times of ...

Mac Group Calendars
I have a Windows NT / 2000 / Xp environment where every Windows user is using Outlook 2000 / 2002 to access calendar info. This has been set up so that 1 person has the ability to see all others calendars at the same time using a combination of MS Team Calendar and Outlook Groups. I also have a small number of Mac users using a combination of Entourage X and Outlook 2001. These users can access individual calendars to see a Windows users availability but can only see groups of users when setting up a meeting (Scheduling) I would like to find a way for all the Mac users to see all o...

Is this the right news group for Outlook Web Access questions?
I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For Follow up' and for 'unread' as I have int he real client. Cheers. Robin No, an Exchange group would be better suited as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Robin Jackson asked: | I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For | Follow up' and for 'unread&...

Report Writer not Carrying Lines Across Multiple Groups
I have a multi page PA invoice wherein the vertical lines do not display on pages 2 or 3. The data displays, but no lines. Furthermore, the last page has only a half page of data & should have vertical lines above the footer, but there is simply a large white space. I do not imagine I am the only person with this type of issue. However, It doesnt appear report writer can easier handle formatting of multi-page invoices. If the vertical lines start in the First Page Header, they will extend down the first page. However, since the First Page Header is not printed on the ...

How to remove a shared calendar, users mailbox has been deleted
I have 2 shared calendars in 'My Calendars' list for 2 summer staff and their mailboxes have been deleted from the Exchange Server. When I right click there is a delay and then a connection error appears. How can I remove them from the 'My Calendar' list? Restart Outlook using the /resetnavpane switch (see http://outlooktips.net/switch if you need help using switches) - it will reset all shortcuts on the navigation pane so you might want to live with it. Or hide them - http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070109.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Outlook 2007 will not archive email messages
I have Outlook 2007 on Vista64 RTM. I have years of email in some personal folders. I have configured Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive to archive daily to the normal archive folder for messages older than 12 months (time period doesn't matter). I have configured the folders I want to archive (Folder, Properties, AutoArchive) to archive using the default settings. When I click File, Archive, if I have no archive folders or archive.pst file, new archive folders are created but NOTHING is put in the folders (the archive.pst folder is only 265 KB - it should be over 100 MB). I ha...

Specific folders in all users mailboxes
Thanks Richard, I have followed those instructions and have set up a Recipient Policy that takes care of just the one particular folder (Spam). To test it I am using my personal mailbox here at work and am asking it to delete any mail that is over 1 day old and more than 1KB. I picked my name out of the Exchange Recipients, directed the policy to the specific mail store and told it to find a specific alias (me). I moved some old sent emails into the folder that were at least 30 days old. I also setup a rule that says to run the policy every morning between 3 - 5 AM. I ran it manually yester...

Outlook Today [Archive Folder]???
Hi, outlook/office 2000, windows xp. Everything works except the folder list is called Outlook Today - [Archive Folders] and I dont have the option to rename it. Also my archive pst file in documents/setting/microsoft/outlook is still too big even after compacting, about 50 Mb in Outlook. pst and 70 MB in Archive.pst duplication is somewhere. I dont mind losing my inbox and sent items data, but want to keep the data in my Calendar and contacts. Thanks Roo ...

How to transfer Outlook e-mail archives into Outlook Express?
I'm convinced to abandon Microsoft Outlook as my e-mail client and return to Outlook Express. That decision is now weeks old, yet I still haven't done it ! ...Because I can't get any confidence about translating my archives from Outlook into O.E. I'm worried that the folder/file names use different extensions (as I think they do) in one program versus the other. Only Ork On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:35:06 -0800, "Only Ork" <OnlyOrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm convinced to abandon Microsoft Outlook as my e-mail client and return to >...

Create an 'Archive' database in WSS 3.0
We are about to introduce WSS 3.0 and have a question about archiving content from Sharepoint. In our current 'flat fille' system we have a project folder hierarchy ie. each project has its own master folder with numerous sub-folders. When the project is finished the folders are archived, with a read-only copy being placed on a separate hard disk for reference purposes. Our users want a similar process when we introduce Sharepoint for the associated project work they will have on Sharepont. ie. They will have a project site whcih they will work on; when the project is ...

Messages Not reaching certain Users ???
When outsiders send e-mails into my company some of them receive the following NDR: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. To: "'Jeff Biss'" <jbiss@bioreference.com> Subject: Reports Sent: 11/12/03 08:50 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: jbiss@bioreference.com on 11/12/03 08:50 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <bio-reference> Can someone p...

Legal to Letter
I have a legal size text page made up of two colums two sided and I want to reduce it to fit on a letter size page . How do I do it? You will need to either change your page setup (File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper Tab > Paper Size) to letter and manually reduce the sizes of your two columns, your objects and fonts....or If your printer driver has a zoom function such as HP zoom smart, your printer driver can automagically reduce your publication size to letter. Current versions of Publisher (2003 and older) do not have such features built in. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft...

CRM compatibility with pst archiving applications
Hi there- i know this isn't about the CRM application itself, but i was wondering if anyone has experience of running alongside CRM 3.0 an email archiving application which also archives users' pst's. Specifically Symantec's Enterprise Vault. This system can search for a user's PST's, and archive them away from their pc to central storage. The copy of the pst on the pc is then deleted. The archiving client within Outlook is how the user then accesses the pst content. Would anyone know what effect, if any, this would have on the CRM pst that is created in Outlook? Basica...

Grouped stacked bar chart with % on 2nd axis?
I'm trying to create a chart that is grouped and stacked - with a % variance line on a second y axis. I am trying to show performance against budget in different groups, with budget used and budget remaining in one stack, actual money used in the second stack, and then the 2 stacks grouped for different business units. On top of that I want a % variance line on the second Y axis. Any thoughts? Thanks... Jonathan - You can stagger the data like this: Budget Used Budget Remaining Money Used % Variance Company A 150 75 ...

Make current option group choice default
I have been wanting to make the current option group choice the default the next time a user opens a form. I don't want them to choose all the options every time they print a report (option groups on form that loads at report open determines layout, font type, size). I getting myself confused in the effort to get this accomplished, so any pointers, ideas, suggestions, commandments, etc. would be appreciated. Jeff -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 To do this, you need to save the users choices for ...

2 Remote User Connections
I have 2 remote users who log into an entirely separate (Untrusted) domain on their winxp notebooks then the rest of my users. Currently they access CRM across the web (with login id's that obviously match the CRM domain). I would like to give them Sales for Outlook on their local machine. Is it possible to synch them through the web? They do not need email capabilities it would just be so they could Work offline on their accounts? Thanks for your time. Right but will the go offline button work if their notebook and therefore their outlook is logged into one domain and the C...

Help PLEASE on archiving!!!!
How do you archive activities on MSCRM?? It is a fairly standard feature on other systems, that you can choose to archive all activities (ie activities relating to a contact) each 12 months or so. I can't find this anywhere, and really need to! Any help will be very much appreciated! Thanks Cathy Allington Cathy, this is currently not an option in the CRM. You may want to suggest it as an enhancement for a future release. Dave "Cathy Allington" <cathyall@chariot.net.au> wrote in message news:18983401.0405311603.2d423618@posting.google.com... > How do you archive a...