leave mail on server

I have one Exchange 5.5 server in office. When I'm using Outlook 2000 to
receive email from home, I select the option 'Leave a copy of messages on
server' under 'Advanced' in mail account settings.

When I back to office, of course the message is still there - but all are
new 'unread' messages; though I've 'read' them at home.

Is there a way I can do on exchange server? So all the messages I've read at
home will be marked as read when I open my outlook in office.

Thanks.

---

vli (1)

No, you haven't read them in your Outlook at work, so it has no way of
knowing you've read the messages. That's an Outlook thing, not an Exchange
(or any mail server) thing.
You could use Outlook Web Access if it's available, or see if you can use
VPN to access your exchange mailbox directly from Outlook at home. These
will also keep your sent items in sync.

Vincent wrote:
> I have one Exchange 5.5 server in office. When I'm using Outlook 2000
> to receive email from home, I select the option 'Leave a copy of
> messages on server' under 'Advanced' in mail account settings.
>
> When I back to office, of course the message is still there - but all
> are new 'unread' messages; though I've 'read' them at home.
>
> Is there a way I can do on exchange server? So all the messages I've
> read at home will be marked as read when I open my outlook in office.
>
> Thanks.
>

> ---

lanwench (7567)

Cannot receive mail in Windows Live Mail
I am with BT and my mail comes and goes via Yahoo. When I send an Email, it goes, but I am not receiving Mail Messages. They are sitting in the Yahoo box. Any suggestions pleasee? Alan. Are you getting any error message? Are the messages in the Inbox on Yahoo? Other folders don't download in POP3. At Tools (ALT+T), Accounts, Mail, Properties, General, is Include this account checked? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "brooke1" <brooke1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B04A5E2C-4B9E-4EB8-AA17-4E0BF9AEAAC1@microsoft.com.....

E-Mail icons in Outlook
Hello: Never really paid much attention to this, but I have been noticing more and more people are sending messages that have a post-it type icon instead of an envelope. What is this? Don't even know what to search for. A calendar appt and attachment icons are obvious, but this wasn't. How or why would you use this instead of just sending email? Thanks, Sue Is it the Post icon as displayed here? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm Are these messages perhaps being posted to a Public Folder? Then it is normal behavior ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outloo...

leave cell blank
if a cell has no data for a formula to perform, how do I get the formula not perform and leave the cell blank? try something like =if(cell="","",formula) "Keith" wrote: > if a cell has no data for a formula to perform, how do I get the formula not > perform and leave the cell blank? ...

windows mail
please help me i keep getting an error messages when i try to send emails but i am still recieving them just find the message i get is basicly saying i cant use http account and then wants either an imap or pop when i click for help it tries to download windows 8 and then stops to tell me that i have a newer version. I just wanna send emails again. i have opened a widows live account and even called my internet provider but no luck so far We can't help you unless you tell us how you sent email messages in the past, before this current trouble started. What has changed? ...

Can I update an invite without sending an e-mail
When I update a calendar invite, is it possible to have that update show up in my invitees calendar without having to send them an e-mail notifying them of the change? i.e. I finalize the location of the meeting after I sent the original invite. Is the only way to update the information in my invitees calendars' to send them an e-mail saying as much, or is their another way? "Wondering" <Wondering@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EC60EE7-F87A-4177-877B-BE6F5F54226A@microsoft.com... > When I update a calendar invite, is it possible to hav...

auto Send/Receive mail
At one point I selected from a dialog box which mail account to use when automatically receiving mail. I have since deleted that account. I have other mail accounts but I have to send/receive them manually. Where is the dialog box for choosing which accounts are used automatically? Lowell <saltysnoopy@gmail.com> wrote: > At one point I selected from a dialog box which mail account to use > when automatically receiving mail. I have since deleted that account. > I have other mail accounts but I have to send/receive them manually. > Where is the dialog box for choosing whic...

stuck mail in outlook 2003
Any email i have edited since trying unsuccessfully to send seems to be somehow stuck in Outlook. When I now try to send any message it reports it is sending one message more than is in my outbox and then times out. As its not showing in my Outbox i can't do as MS help suggests and delete it, cos i can't get to it to delete... any suggestions? What is the exact error you get? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Roger Neilson" <Did...

Delete from Server and OL 2003
Hi, Can one create a Mail Rule in OL 2003 to "Delete from server"? (Similar to what is available in OE). (The feature is not available with OL2002). Tx, S No, the message must be downloaded first in order to process the rule (which means for POP3 you've already taken it from the server unless you've got the "leave copy on server" option configured in your account properties) -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customiz...

Junk Mail Filtering Issue on an Existing Exchange Server
Hi all, I have an interesting issue using the IMF features of Exchange 2003 SP2 and I'm having a tough time tracking down the issue. I'm in the process of implementing the MS Messaging Security Suite. I have two clusters, one four node backed by a NetApp SAN in DC and one two node backed by an HP MSA storage device in Florida. I just implemented the DC cluster and I inherited the Florida cluster. The clusters are in two different routing groups, but same administrative group. Only one SMTP connector is shared. I've stood up MSS (Antigen AV and Spam) on my SMTP relays and configu...

Duplicated Invoice number checking when leave the field
I have a FORM to input NEW invoice information. How can I write code for prompt user of duplicate invoice number being inputted (under the form) when user leave this field IMMEDIATELY (rather than my existing one do this when all information already input and prompt you at the time of saving) -- aw Private Sub InvoiceID_BeforeUpate(Cancel As Integer) Dim strWhere As String Dim strMsg As String Dim varResult As Variant With Me.[InvoiceID] If Me.NewRecord And Not IsNull(.Value) strWhere = "[InvoiceID] = " & .Value ...

IMAP lockups moving mail between folders.
I've been using Outlook 2003 with several IMAP servers for a couple of years with only minor problems. I currently have identically configured XP (SP2) workstations at home and at work but have recently developed a problem that occurs only on the home machine. Instead of deleting mail, I routinely drag it to an archive folder on one of my IMAP servers. At work ( and at home until this problem started), I can drag 10 or more emails into this folder with no problem. If I try do do this from home with even 2 emails, it is guaranteed to lock up Outlook until I kill it. If I drag one at ...

How to create a windows server and client application with NT integrated security
Hi All, I'm delivering a project need to create a sever and client application using NT integrated security. The server supports two modes of security checking: standard security and NT integrated security, Just like the way of SQL Server 2000 is doing. If the server uses standard security mode, the client need to explicitly type in the user name and password in order to connect to the server. If the server uses integrated security mode,the client program will use the crendential of the current logon user to connect to the server and it will be authenticated by the NT domain. With this ...

Mailed Enabled Public Folder Does Not Reply To Internet Mail
I created a mailed enabled public folder and set the folder to reply to posts (via the folder assistant). The folder replies to internal mail, but does not reply to internet mail (Hot Mail, Yahoo, etc). What do I need to have replies sent to internet mail? Jim Keown do you have "allow automatic replies" enabled in your Global Settings? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JKeown" <JKeown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9403A8CD-B5D5-4418-9977-EEE9CD6A529E@microsoft.com... >I created a mailed enabled public folder and set the folder to reply to >p...

Notify of New Mail
I have seen this discussed in the past but cant find any real resolution. My organization has gone to fax via email. This means when someone faxes 1-800-123-4567, the fax gets delivered to a mailbox housed on our Exchange 2000 server. There are several people responsible for checking each of the 7 fax mailboxes. These users want a notification of new mail arrivals to this mailbox. 1) It is a mailbox not a public folder. 2) A notification that includes forwarding a copy is not good because of the nature of faxes. They are images (TIFF?), not sure of the file format. Dont need several ...

accessing my yahoo mail
Could someone explain how I can access my yahoo mail send and receive also thru windows mail? I am finding this very difficult as I did as Outlook Express long ago? Do I have to delete windows mail, it pops up and tried to send mail under my yahoo mail address and will not let do it... Please help or advise. Thank you To access a Yahoo account with an email program like Windows Mail via POP3, it has to be a Yahoo Plus account. see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.htm...

recover deleted mail
Please help, my boss had clicked on Shift delete in outlook 2002. He was using POP3 to retreive mail from our exch5.5 server Now the inbox is empty! how can i undelete and recover the mails. HELP help Regards AIME So he stored it to a pst-file? The following might work; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "aime" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Attachments do not show on the printed e-mail header??
There must be a way to configure my outlook e-mail settings so that when I receive or send an attachment it shows in the printed document. In the old outlook express an attachment would be shown clearly, and no matter what programs or settings a sender had. Don't tell me with the new Outlook this is not possible?!? I am really not giving up here! -- Anyone knows this on`? Ursula A. Ursula, Sorry to break your Heart http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277793 Wrecks "Ursula A." <UrsulaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CAEC9C6-...

Installation of CRM 3 client on laptop w SQL server
I have been trying to install CRM client for Outlook on a laptop with little success. During the preinstallation program it tries to install MSDE SP 4 but it ends with: User cancelled installation and the following in the event log: Event: 1015 Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0 Event: 11279 Product: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine -- Configuration failed. The SQL server has version 2000 w SP 4. I can install MSDE SP 4 from the command prompt if I give it a new name. How do I convince the installation program to go ahead? Any ideas? This is not supported, and if you ...

Outlook 2003 won't download E Mail
I have been using a spam filtering program called Mailwasher Pro (recently upgraded to version 6) for many months now with no problems. My ISP is Tiscali. A few days ago, something (I suspect Outlook) crashed while I was viewing E Mail in Outlook and I finished up having to reinstall Outlook completely. Fortunately I do back up Outlook so all I lost was recent stuff - bad enough, but I can live with it. The problem now is that, although the Mailwasher program is working properly, and Outlook will (apparently) connect and download E Mails, nothing appears in the Inbox, or anywhere else...

Replying To Signed E-mail
I have a digital signature and the e-mail I send out is signed but not encrypted. People that use Windows Mail (in Vista) have a problem replying to my e-mail. A requestor comes up telling them that they also need a digital signature which they do not want or need. This requestor can be turned off and the reply can be sent if you go into Tools and uncheck sign this e-mail or something like that. It gets very annoying to have to do this every time they reply to a signed e-mail. These people are old and do not handle change very well. Is there a way they can uncheck this item so...

mail not leaving
Internet connection down for 2 hours and now it is up. Sicne then mails are sitting in the Que and not going out ... 300 messages are there. Can receive but cannot send them. I can send mail via Telnet successfully. On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:33:45 -0700, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Internet connection down for 2 hours and now it is up. Sicne then mails are >sitting in the Que and not going out ... 300 messages are there. Can receive >but cannot send them. > >I can send mail via Telnet successfully. Does it kick-start if you right clic...

E-mail option replaced by Mail Recipient as Text-Quick Access Tool
I no longer have the E-mail option on the Quick Access Toolbar. This has been replaced by the Mail Recipient (as Text) option instead. Even when I select E-mail from the Customize Quick Access Toolbar options or through the More Commands option, Word will still automatically converts the E-mail option to Mail Recipient (as Text). When I click on the Office Button and select Send, I still only have the option for Mail Recipient (as Text). The only way for me to send a Word doc as an attachment is to use the Send for Review option, which I don't want to do since it automati...

importing mail from gmail
I've had my gmail account for 5 years and just started using outlook. I can't figure out how to get outlook to import emails from before 5/22/08. I don't know why this date is significant, or if I have some sort of setting set there, but I'm missing 4 and a half years of emails from outlook that I can access perfectly fine from my gmail. How come outlook won't import them? Is it possible to import emails that aren't new? You didn't say what you've done as far as Outlook settings are concerned. It sounds like you're able to use Outlook to access your gm...

Remote mail access for exchange 5.5
Hi new here so appologies if doing anything wrong. I am fairly new to exchange and only know the basics, so how nice when the md has said that in the very near future they will need remote off site access to their email. So what I am asking is for any info on how to achieve this securely and pointers to any info that could help thanks in advance for any help Glyn Hi Glyn As you are using Exchange 5.5, you will probably want to consider using Outlook Web Access, VPN or RAS for remote access. The remote access experience is vastly improved with Exchange 2003, with Outlook Mobile Access, RP...

Can i install the IISLOCKED tools on our exchange2000 server??
I want install IISLOCKED on our exchange2000+SP2 server, But i am not sure what will happening when i installing it. Can i do it? What should i attention when install IISLOCKED tools. Thanks a lot. Normaly, you've got a specific security configuration for Exchange when you install the IISLocked Tool.. Try -- Bon courage, Yannick DUCERF "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: AC2B2C0D-6961-4AB1-A25C-AD39224D9778@microsoft.com... > I want install IISLOCKED on our exchange2000+SP2 server, But i am not sure > what will happening w...