LDAP Query on HomeMDB

Am trying to create a mailbox manager policy for a subset
of databases across multiple servers...all databases start
with the word "Staff" and I have tried the following
filters:

homeMDB=Staff* - empty results
homeMDB=CN=Staff* - empty results
homeMDB=* does return all users in AD w. a mailbox
(&(mailnickname=*)(homeMDB=CN=Staff*)) - empty result

Seems like whenever you try a wildcard combined w. a
value, it fails...

Any thoughts?
0
anonymous (74717)

"Steve Bevilacqua" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Am trying to create a mailbox manager policy for a subset
> of databases across multiple servers...all databases start
> with the word "Staff" and I have tried the following
> filters:
>
> homeMDB=Staff* - empty results
> homeMDB=CN=Staff* - empty results
> homeMDB=* does return all users in AD w. a mailbox
> (&(mailnickname=*)(homeMDB=CN=Staff*)) - empty result
>
> Seems like whenever you try a wildcard combined w. a
> value, it fails...
>
> Any thoughts?

I think the value of homeMDB should be a distinguished name.  Try

  homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store(Staff)*

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
9/20/2004 12:50:53 PM
Same thing - tried:
homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store(Staff)*
homeMDB=CN=(Staff)*

Both empty...thanks

wrote in message
>> Am trying to create a mailbox manager policy for a
subset
>> of databases across multiple servers...all databases
start
>> with the word "Staff" and I have tried the following
>> filters:
>>
>> homeMDB=Staff* - empty results
>> homeMDB=CN=Staff* - empty results
>> homeMDB=* does return all users in AD w. a mailbox
>> (&(mailnickname=*)(homeMDB=CN=Staff*)) - empty result
>>
>> Seems like whenever you try a wildcard combined w. a
>> value, it fails...
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
>I think the value of homeMDB should be a distinguished
name.  Try

>  homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store(Staff)*
>
>Lee.
>
>--
>_______________________________________
>
>Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
>www.leederbyshire.com
>email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
>_______________________________________
>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)
9/20/2004 1:24:44 PM
> Same thing - tried:
> homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store(Staff)*
> homeMDB=CN=(Staff)*
>
> Both empty...thanks

I suppose it's possible it doesn't like that second equals sign.  Maybe it
thinks your searching for homeMDB=<empty> and CN=(Staff)* . I don't know if
you need to escape the equals sign in a situation like this.

how about trying homeMDB=*(Staff)*

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
9/20/2004 2:29:01 PM
No joy...same result...
wrote in message
>> Same thing - tried:
>> homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store(Staff)*
>> homeMDB=CN=(Staff)*
>>
>> Both empty...thanks
>
>I suppose it's possible it doesn't like that second
equals sign.  Maybe it
>thinks your searching for homeMDB=<empty> and CN=(Staff)
* . I don't know if
>you need to escape the equals sign in a situation like
this.

>how about trying homeMDB=*(Staff)*
>

>--
>_______________________________________
>
>Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
>www.leederbyshire.com
>email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
>_______________________________________
>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)
9/20/2004 3:06:02 PM
> No joy...same result...

Have you installed the ADSI Edit util from the server setup CD?

0
Lee
9/20/2004 3:14:59 PM
It's on my Win2k workstation...why?
wrote in message
>> No joy...same result...
>
>Have you installed the ADSI Edit util from the server
setup CD?

>.

0
anonymous (74717)
> It's on my Win2k workstation...why?

I just thought it would be a good idea to manually check the values of
homeMDB for your users, to make sure that it contains what you think it
does, because your LDAP queries should be returning something.

0
Lee
9/20/2004 7:35:21 PM
I did...in ESM, if I choose "Users on this mailbox store"
and then try to work with that, I still get empty
results...

0
anonymous (74717)
>I did...in ESM, if I choose "Users on this mailbox store"
> and then try to work with that, I still get empty
> results...

How are you creating the Mailbox Manager policy?  Are you creating it in
ESM, under Recipient Policies?  I'm not sure where you get to see the
results of the query.  I don't see the facility here on my E2K server.
Perhaps you are using E2K3, and there is a Preview button or something?

0
Lee
9/21/2004 8:04:05 AM
In ESM, once you create the policy...say "Mailboxes in
this store"...the Filter Rules window under the General
Tab shows the query...

I still can't get it to use a wild card, but a friend of
mine helped me write an OR LDAP query that accomplishes
this...even though the basic LDAP query in ESM is 256
char, the value is stored AD - via ADSI - it's under
Exchange Recipient Policies, then the value is the
PurportedSearch...this can handle 2048 characters...so, we
created the query...tested in LDP, then dumped into the
purportedsearch value and it works quite well...just have
to watch out for the 2048 character limit...can send the
query if you send me an e-mail to steve@alston.com

Thanks for all the help!

Steve

0
anonymous (74717)

Query about query of subtracting 2 fields
I've tried to update a field (say, fieldC) with the value = fieldA - fieldB as follows: under FieldC in the row of "Update To", I type the following: [fieldA] - [fieldB] For those records with values in both fieldA and fieldB, fieldC is correctly filled with the subtraction value. However, for those with null value of either fieldA or fieldB, null value is got in fieldC as well. But my expectation should be as follows: when fieldA= 3, fieldB = null, the result I got in fieldC should be (3-0) = 3 Is there anything wrong with my expression? kindly help, thanks. On S...

LDAP #3
Migrating from Netscape to Outlook. Set up LDAP in Outlook. I am getting message: "Insufficientrights to browse this directory" I can access this directory from outlook express but not Outlook XP. What gives? ...

Query Criteria
All, This might seem a wierd one but there is a reason behind it but it's work polictics and i won't bore you with it. I have a query with 3 fields and the following criteria: Customer Code Comment <>"XYZ" <>"204" Like "*g4*" or (Like "*med*" and Like "*pres*") When i save and close and go back in it is now: Customer Code Comment <>"XYZ" <>"204" Like "*g4*" <> "XYZ&qu...

LDAP Server
I have added an LDAP server as a service in Outlook. It normally works fine, but the problem is when searching for a name which is duplicated (common name), only the last person is returned in Outlook. I have captured packets and found that in one case 5 results are being returned, but only 1 is displayed in Outlook. I have tested this on both Outlook 2000 SP 3 and Outlook XP SP 2. Does anyone know why Outlook filters results and only displays the last result from the query? Thanks for your help Sure I will email you with the info Thanks, Mike On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:18:23 -0400,...

How do you create an autonumber column in a query?
How do I create an autonumber colmn in a query? See the first example here: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DDL.html#CreateTableDDL -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "drewdog" <drewdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBA4FAB3-5CDD-4AFB-A4F8-5AAB0368621C@microsoft.com... > How do I create an autonumber colmn in a query? Re-reading your question, I'm not clear if you are talking about executing a ...

Queries created by MS Query not in QueryTables collection
On my spreadsheet I have created a table using an MS Query query, creating the table via File/Return data to Excel. This creates a table in my worksheet and a connection that shows up in my existing connections dialog. I have no problems refreshing the table using the refresh button. However, in VBA this table does not show up in the Querytables collection for that worksheet when I print out the names of the items in the collection in the immediate window. Meanwhile, a connection created using the From Text button on the Data tab does show up. Does anyone have any insight as...

Queryed for 30 & Higher Returns 3's & 4's
My query is simple or at least I thought it was but I keep getting bad results. The Table is... Ordering Info The Field is... Qty Needed The Criteria Used is... >=[Qty Needed].[Enter Number] All I want is to prompt for a number and have the query show everything that is equal to or greater than that supplied number. I get prompted and it performs the search but the results are not what I am expecting. For instance - If I ask for 30 or higher I'll get a bunch of three's and fours and fives as well as 30+, 40+, & 50+'s. How do I keep the query from return...

LDAP error
Hi, I'm testing a LDAP connection to my companies Active directory server and I'm getting the "An invalid dn syntax has been specified." error all the time. Here is my code: Dim entry As New DirectoryEntry() entry.Path = "LDAP://xxxxxx.company.se:389" entry.Username = "uid=MYAPP,ou=users,ou=internal,o=company" entry.Password = "yyyyyyyyy" entry.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure Dim search As New DirectorySearcher(entry) search.ExtendedDN = ExtendedDN.Standard search.Filter = "(&...

Bold the query based distribution lists in GAL
Just curious if anyone knows of a way to make the query based distribution lists appear bold in the GAL? Since our GAL contains query based lists and 'static' lists I would like all of them to appear in bold if possible. TIA! On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:10:23 -0800, "Papa" <Papa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just curious if anyone knows of a way to make the query based distribution >lists appear bold in the GAL? Since our GAL contains query based lists and >'static' lists I would like all of them to appear in bold if possible. > >TIA! I d...

ldap query for address list
my organization is now migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. after migration, i just couldn't find a way to get that sorting of address book view like in exchange 5.5 that sort the gal by grouping (e.g, sort by company then department). will it is possible that the custom ldap query will do sorting like sql statement (group by) or (order by)? ...

Query question with 3 FKs
Novice Query question: I have a table with 3 foreign keys, for example: Notes ID as int CreatedBy int ;FK User_table.ID AssignedTo int ;FK User_table.ID ClosedBy int ;FK User_table.ID Note nvarchar(max) and a talbe of users, for example Users ID as int Name as nvarchar(50) Initials as nvarchar(3) I need a query that returns the the notes with the initials of the users, so I tried this: SELECT n.*, u.Initials AS uCreatedBy, u.Initials AS uAssignedTo, u.Initials AS uClosedBy FROm Notes as n, Users as u WHERE n.ID = @id AND n.CreatedBy = u.ID AND...

How to stop Access re-arranging query criteria onto multiple criteria lines for OR condition
Hi All I have a form(cFrmDashboard) with text boxes for the user to enter criteria and a list box which displays a query that uses the values entered in the text boxes to search my main table. In my search query for each field that I have provided a text box I enter the following criteria (for example": Like "*" & Forms![cFrmDashboard]![txtType] & "*" Or Forms! [cFrmDashboard]![txtType] Is Null I enter these all on the 1st "Criteria" line and this is easy to read and change. This works fine until I want to add another field to my search query...

Large Query
Hello, I just completed normalizing my database after getting my head around the information that needed to be inputted. Now I am creating a number of reporting options but I think I am reaching the limit of the query size and am looking for alternative solutions. I am in the employee benefits field and basically I have the following types of tables: CompanyInfo EmployeeInfo HealthInfo DentalInfo LifeInfo VisionInfo (And so on for about 12 types of benefits) I now also have all these nice little queries with 4 or 5 fields that are calculating the premium for each line of coverage pe...

Query compilation
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that MS Access compiles Saved Queries, or their execution plan. Can anyone confirm whether this is the case? I'm specifically interested in saved queries that are called via ADO or ADO.NET from a web page, using Access 2000-2003 and the Jet 4.0 provider, as opposed to ad hoc SQL. Thanks Mike My understanding is that it's true (sort of) that queries are compiled, but that it doesn't really make much of a difference. You can use saved queries, though, externally: simply refer to them by name. (Note that queries that are calling VBA f...

Variable Accros Queries
If I wish to use a variable across mutliple queries, is this possible, and if so where would I declare and set the variable? You can't use variables in queries. Are you thinking in terms of selection criteria (i.e. parameters), and you don't want to have to input the same parameters multiple times, or do you want the value stored in a variable to be returned by the query? For the former, the easiest approach is to create an unbound form with controls on it, one for each parameter. Have the query refer to the controls (the syntax is Forms![NameOfForm]![NameOfControl]), rather...

Microsoft Query question

LDAP
I am trying to configure the Sun Java System Web proxy server. However, I am having some tech issues. It won't let me create any groups unless I use a LDAP server. Does anyone know where I can get one for free and still be able to deploy it on my computer. I only want to use it for my proxy server. Thank you!!!!!! Jacob Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'll need to find a more appropriate newsgroup to which to repost your question. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

Queries not working after compiling the DB
I have built a Database and spilitted into FE & BE. in the FE i got 2 forms that are based on queries and used for searching. I made MDE file and used startup option to remove admin options so noone can change the DB. Now when i copy the MDE file on different PCs on network to access the BE on server I have noticed that Search option that are based on the queries is not working. Any Idea? while the same file is working fine on my computer. I have made sure everything else is fine. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1...

Waiting for passthrough query
I have some ADO statements in my code (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) used in a passthorugh fashion, like . . myCn.Execute (someSqlStatement) . . I would like to force Access to wait for command execution before stepping into the next line of code... how? hi Marcus, Marcus wrote: > I would like to force Access to wait for command execution before > stepping into the next line of code... how? It does not wait? Imho this call should by synchronized. You may try: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private WithEvents m_Connection As ADODB.Connection ...

365 Day Avg Query
I have a table with two fields, Date and Sales. The data goes back 25 years. I would like a query that gives me the 365 day avg for each month in the last two years; i.e. The avg for May 06 thru May 07, then April 06 thru April 07, and so forth. The final result would have 24 rows; Date Expression 365 Day Sales Avg 04.06thru04.07Avg $61,500 05.06thru05.07Avg $73,650 06/06thru06.07Avg $65,300 Etc Can I do this in one querie? Terry ? UNTESTED. But this might work if I've got my T1 and T2 relationship set up correctly SELECT Format(T2.Date...

LDAP Active Direcotry
Hi everyone, When I open Contact in MS Outlook 2000, it always search for LDAP active directory first, then it will give an error. Simply because I don't have LDAP. Where should I go to take that option out. Thanks in advance. ...

Query and subquery
I have an issue that I cant seem to find a solution for. I have a query that I am using as the source for a report. Data for the query comes from the applicant, job position, and interview tables. I want to dynamically extract records from the query and show the records in a report. Basically I want to select the records in the query based on job position. I have a form that the user can use to select a criteria from the query. Once a selection is made on the form, another query is run. I cant seem to get around the fact that I can only pull a single record with the subquery. I am not sure ho...

CalendarControl with Parameter Query
Access 2002: I'm trying to develop a query that allows a user to select a date range using the calendar control. So far, I've created a form with the calendar control and began to create my query. The problem that I'm having is when I go to expression builder within the query, then navigate to my form, there is no field for the calendar control. Is what I'm attempting even possible? If so, any help is appreciated. Thanks, Matt The calendar control is used to place a value in a text box. The query would then reference the text box. Regards Kevin &qu...

report with queries problem
I created a database to enter in personnel and their status such as who is on vacation, who is working in another office, and who has appointments for the day. I went through and created queries for each table such as appointments, vacation, etc... When I go to add them to my report some go in as: input.appointment.Name input.appointment.Title Date Time And the only ones that go on the report correctly are the ones that all come onto the report as: Name Title Date Time But any of the queries that come with the "input.appointment.whatever" do not work, but I what the prob...

not pasting query
I have a workbook of 5 worksheet. In each one I have a one row query and below that a stack of previous results. Each day I refresh the query and copy/insert the results to the top of the stack. In 4 of the sheets, after copying the results to the stack, the copied cells do not have the query "in" the cells. I the last sheet, every time I copy the results to its stack, the query ends up being "in" the cells. So instead of a stack of static previous results, I have a stack of queries that update each day and I loose the result on that previous day. So the question is, ...