LDAP Query needed

I need an ldap query to find all users with an exchange mailbox where the
users alias does not equal the nickname of the smtp email address(s).  Thanks!
0
MrRAlan (16)

"MrRAlan" <MrRAlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need an ldap query to find all users with an exchange mailbox where the
>users alias does not equal the nickname of the smtp email address(s).  Thanks!

I don't believe LDAP supports what you want to do. You'll have to
write a small program (vbs or perl) that creates a mail address and
then queries the AD for a match.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Is there any other way besides the small programs to do this?

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "MrRAlan" <MrRAlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I need an ldap query to find all users with an exchange mailbox where the
> >users alias does not equal the nickname of the smtp email address(s).  Thanks!
>
> I don't believe LDAP supports what you want to do. You'll have to
> write a small program (vbs or perl) that creates a mail address and
> then queries the AD for a match.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

MrRAlan (16)
8/15/2005 11:53:03 AM
"MrRAlan" <MrRAlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there any other way besides the small programs to do this?

None that I know of. But there are tons of examples of VBS scripts on
the MS website that deal with the AD. Doing this shouldn't be much of
a challenge.

You could even export the data from the AD to a CSV (using CSVDE) or
LDFI (using LDIFDE) and work with the text representations of the
data.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "MrRAlan" <MrRAlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there any other way besides the small programs to do this?
>
> None that I know of. But there are tons of examples of VBS scripts on
> the MS website that deal with the AD. Doing this shouldn't be much of
> a challenge.
>
> You could even export the data from the AD to a CSV (using CSVDE) or
> LDFI (using LDIFDE) and work with the text representations of the
> data.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

MrRAlan (16)

Query about query of subtracting 2 fields
I've tried to update a field (say, fieldC) with the value = fieldA - fieldB as follows: under FieldC in the row of "Update To", I type the following: [fieldA] - [fieldB] For those records with values in both fieldA and fieldB, fieldC is correctly filled with the subtraction value. However, for those with null value of either fieldA or fieldB, null value is got in fieldC as well. But my expectation should be as follows: when fieldA= 3, fieldB = null, the result I got in fieldC should be (3-0) = 3 Is there anything wrong with my expression? kindly help, thanks. On S...

I have MS Office XP Prof. & need System Office pack 2.0 or later
I just recently installed the Windows 7 Operating System on my computer. I use Microsoft Office XP Professional as my office software. While editing a document I received the following message: " The Office Assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the Office System Pack." Where can I get this? The link to request a hotfix is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=969168&kbln=en-us> The full article is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168> hth Sabrina wrote: > &g...

LDAP #3
Migrating from Netscape to Outlook. Set up LDAP in Outlook. I am getting message: "Insufficientrights to browse this directory" I can access this directory from outlook express but not Outlook XP. What gives? ...

Query Criteria
All, This might seem a wierd one but there is a reason behind it but it's work polictics and i won't bore you with it. I have a query with 3 fields and the following criteria: Customer Code Comment <>"XYZ" <>"204" Like "*g4*" or (Like "*med*" and Like "*pres*") When i save and close and go back in it is now: Customer Code Comment <>"XYZ" <>"204" Like "*g4*" <> "XYZ&qu...

LDAP Server
I have added an LDAP server as a service in Outlook. It normally works fine, but the problem is when searching for a name which is duplicated (common name), only the last person is returned in Outlook. I have captured packets and found that in one case 5 results are being returned, but only 1 is displayed in Outlook. I have tested this on both Outlook 2000 SP 3 and Outlook XP SP 2. Does anyone know why Outlook filters results and only displays the last result from the query? Thanks for your help Sure I will email you with the info Thanks, Mike On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:18:23 -0400,...

Need help triming a sentence
Hello: I would like to trim the following: Specialty: Allergy & Immunology to show only: Allergy & Immunology What formula can I use for this? Thanks With your text in A1, use: =RIGHT(A1,20) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Jim" wrote: > Hello: > > I would like to trim the following: > > Specialty: Allergy & Immunology > > to show only: > > Allergy & Immunology > > What formula can I use for this? > > Thanks =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1)) -- David Biddul...

How do you create an autonumber column in a query?
How do I create an autonumber colmn in a query? See the first example here: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DDL.html#CreateTableDDL -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "drewdog" <drewdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBA4FAB3-5CDD-4AFB-A4F8-5AAB0368621C@microsoft.com... > How do I create an autonumber colmn in a query? Re-reading your question, I'm not clear if you are talking about executing a ...

help needed converting data
Hi, I have a CSV file containing names, addresses, dates etc. Unfortunately the dates have been entered in different formats eg. 10/11/2005, 25th may 2005 and 10.12.05. Is there a way of automatically changing them to dd/mm/yyyy? The majority are in the format dd.mm.yy and at the very least I would like to be able to change them to dd/mm/yyyy. There are about 4000 records so doing it manually is not an option. Many thanks. For your 10.12.05 guys, using a temporary helper column enter: =DATE("20"&RIGHT(A6,2),LEFT(A6,FIND(".",A6)-1),MID(A6,FIND(".&...

Queries created by MS Query not in QueryTables collection
On my spreadsheet I have created a table using an MS Query query, creating the table via File/Return data to Excel. This creates a table in my worksheet and a connection that shows up in my existing connections dialog. I have no problems refreshing the table using the refresh button. However, in VBA this table does not show up in the Querytables collection for that worksheet when I print out the names of the items in the collection in the immediate window. Meanwhile, a connection created using the From Text button on the Data tab does show up. Does anyone have any insight as...

WLM keeps saying it needs to close
While reading emails in WLM it suddenly says it is closing and will find a solution online. It sometimes freezes and then shuts down. I just upgraded to Windows 7 and downloaded WLM. I wish I had my Wm back. Karen "Catclaws" <catclaws@core.com> wrote in message news:MtWdnS2_jIRVIpnWnZ2dnUVZ_uqdnZ2d@posted.localnet... > While reading emails in WLM it suddenly says it is closing and will find a > solution online. It sometimes freezes and then shuts down. I just upgraded > to Windows 7 and downloaded WLM. I wish I had my Wm back. > Karen Karen, I s...

LDAP error
Hi, I'm testing a LDAP connection to my companies Active directory server and I'm getting the "An invalid dn syntax has been specified." error all the time. Here is my code: Dim entry As New DirectoryEntry() entry.Path = "LDAP://xxxxxx.company.se:389" entry.Username = "uid=MYAPP,ou=users,ou=internal,o=company" entry.Password = "yyyyyyyyy" entry.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure Dim search As New DirectorySearcher(entry) search.ExtendedDN = ExtendedDN.Standard search.Filter = "(&...

Queryed for 30 & Higher Returns 3's & 4's
My query is simple or at least I thought it was but I keep getting bad results. The Table is... Ordering Info The Field is... Qty Needed The Criteria Used is... >=[Qty Needed].[Enter Number] All I want is to prompt for a number and have the query show everything that is equal to or greater than that supplied number. I get prompted and it performs the search but the results are not what I am expecting. For instance - If I ask for 30 or higher I'll get a bunch of three's and fours and fives as well as 30+, 40+, & 50+'s. How do I keep the query from return...

Bold the query based distribution lists in GAL
Just curious if anyone knows of a way to make the query based distribution lists appear bold in the GAL? Since our GAL contains query based lists and 'static' lists I would like all of them to appear in bold if possible. TIA! On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:10:23 -0800, "Papa" <Papa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just curious if anyone knows of a way to make the query based distribution >lists appear bold in the GAL? Since our GAL contains query based lists and >'static' lists I would like all of them to appear in bold if possible. > >TIA! I d...

Query question with 3 FKs
Novice Query question: I have a table with 3 foreign keys, for example: Notes ID as int CreatedBy int ;FK User_table.ID AssignedTo int ;FK User_table.ID ClosedBy int ;FK User_table.ID Note nvarchar(max) and a talbe of users, for example Users ID as int Name as nvarchar(50) Initials as nvarchar(3) I need a query that returns the the notes with the initials of the users, so I tried this: SELECT n.*, u.Initials AS uCreatedBy, u.Initials AS uAssignedTo, u.Initials AS uClosedBy FROm Notes as n, Users as u WHERE n.ID = @id AND n.CreatedBy = u.ID AND...

ldap query for address list
my organization is now migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. after migration, i just couldn't find a way to get that sorting of address book view like in exchange 5.5 that sort the gal by grouping (e.g, sort by company then department). will it is possible that the custom ldap query will do sorting like sql statement (group by) or (order by)? ...

Large Query
Hello, I just completed normalizing my database after getting my head around the information that needed to be inputted. Now I am creating a number of reporting options but I think I am reaching the limit of the query size and am looking for alternative solutions. I am in the employee benefits field and basically I have the following types of tables: CompanyInfo EmployeeInfo HealthInfo DentalInfo LifeInfo VisionInfo (And so on for about 12 types of benefits) I now also have all these nice little queries with 4 or 5 fields that are calculating the premium for each line of coverage pe...

How to stop Access re-arranging query criteria onto multiple criteria lines for OR condition
Hi All I have a form(cFrmDashboard) with text boxes for the user to enter criteria and a list box which displays a query that uses the values entered in the text boxes to search my main table. In my search query for each field that I have provided a text box I enter the following criteria (for example": Like "*" & Forms![cFrmDashboard]![txtType] & "*" Or Forms! [cFrmDashboard]![txtType] Is Null I enter these all on the 1st "Criteria" line and this is easy to read and change. This works fine until I want to add another field to my search query...

Query compilation
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that MS Access compiles Saved Queries, or their execution plan. Can anyone confirm whether this is the case? I'm specifically interested in saved queries that are called via ADO or ADO.NET from a web page, using Access 2000-2003 and the Jet 4.0 provider, as opposed to ad hoc SQL. Thanks Mike My understanding is that it's true (sort of) that queries are compiled, but that it doesn't really make much of a difference. You can use saved queries, though, externally: simply refer to them by name. (Note that queries that are calling VBA f...

Variable Accros Queries
If I wish to use a variable across mutliple queries, is this possible, and if so where would I declare and set the variable? You can't use variables in queries. Are you thinking in terms of selection criteria (i.e. parameters), and you don't want to have to input the same parameters multiple times, or do you want the value stored in a variable to be returned by the query? For the former, the easiest approach is to create an unbound form with controls on it, one for each parameter. Have the query refer to the controls (the syntax is Forms![NameOfForm]![NameOfControl]), rather...

Microsoft Query question

Queries not working after compiling the DB
I have built a Database and spilitted into FE & BE. in the FE i got 2 forms that are based on queries and used for searching. I made MDE file and used startup option to remove admin options so noone can change the DB. Now when i copy the MDE file on different PCs on network to access the BE on server I have noticed that Search option that are based on the queries is not working. Any Idea? while the same file is working fine on my computer. I have made sure everything else is fine. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1...

LDAP
I am trying to configure the Sun Java System Web proxy server. However, I am having some tech issues. It won't let me create any groups unless I use a LDAP server. Does anyone know where I can get one for free and still be able to deploy it on my computer. I only want to use it for my proxy server. Thank you!!!!!! Jacob Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'll need to find a more appropriate newsgroup to which to repost your question. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

Waiting for passthrough query
I have some ADO statements in my code (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) used in a passthorugh fashion, like . . myCn.Execute (someSqlStatement) . . I would like to force Access to wait for command execution before stepping into the next line of code... how? hi Marcus, Marcus wrote: > I would like to force Access to wait for command execution before > stepping into the next line of code... how? It does not wait? Imho this call should by synchronized. You may try: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private WithEvents m_Connection As ADODB.Connection ...

Beta Software Testers Need
Dear all, I am looking for experienced Microsoft Outlook users to test a new software program, "RecoverMyEmail" that Recovers deleted email from Microsoft PST files. Pending final test results, the program is due for commercial release within the next 14 days. This is what you need to do: 1. Send an email to test@recovermyfiles.com that includes your name and valid contact email address (no web based email addresses please - eg. hotmail & yahoo etc); 2. We will send you a registration code for RecoverMyEmail that is valid for 7 days along with a short questionnaire; 3. You t...

365 Day Avg Query
I have a table with two fields, Date and Sales. The data goes back 25 years. I would like a query that gives me the 365 day avg for each month in the last two years; i.e. The avg for May 06 thru May 07, then April 06 thru April 07, and so forth. The final result would have 24 rows; Date Expression 365 Day Sales Avg 04.06thru04.07Avg $61,500 05.06thru05.07Avg $73,650 06/06thru06.07Avg $65,300 Etc Can I do this in one querie? Terry ? UNTESTED. But this might work if I've got my T1 and T2 relationship set up correctly SELECT Format(T2.Date...