ldap query #8

Hi,

I have to find users in a particular domain: is it possible make ldap query
like this

(distinguishedName query=*domainname*)

any help
--
Dambo
0

That wasn't a lot of inormation...could you be a bit more specific?

--
Martina

"Damb0" <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have to find users in a particular domain: is it possible make ldap
> query
> like this
>
> (distinguishedName query=*domainname*)
>
> any help
> --
> Dambo

0
martina1 (38)
4/4/2007 4:46:53 PM
I'll assume Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista client.

This will list all users in the domain:

dsquery user domainroot -o upn

You can take out the "-o upn" for regular LDAP names.

If you need to find a user with a particular name, you can use -name.

More info here:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/46ba1426-43fd-4985-b429-cd53d3046f011033.mspx?mfr=true

Simon

"Damb0" <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have to find users in a particular domain: is it possible make ldap
> query
> like this
>
> (distinguishedName query=*domainname*)
>
> any help
> --
> Dambo

Invest in our children- Investment Opportunity !!! #8
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Irwin Industrial Tools 2078318 8-Inch End Cutting Pliers
Price:$20.59 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000BDDG7A Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000BDDG7A End-Cutting Pliers Type: Diagonal Style: Diagonal Pliers w/Grip Tip Overall Length: 8 SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Irwin 2078308 Vise Grip 8-Inch Diagonal Cutting Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0OW1S Irwin 2078218 Vise Grip 8-Inch Long Nose Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0S4Y4 Irwin 2078208 Vise Grip 8-Inch North American Linesman Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0UJVK Irwin 20...

pivoting query
Have a query, 40 records and 40 fields [changes a bit depending on data], that I would just like to "pivot clockwise 90 degrees". Would be the equivalent of dropping it into Excel, then copy current range and transpose. All the necessary values are in the records, there are no calculations required. Have tried numerous strategies w/pivot table view, crosstab, etc. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanx. - Mike It's hard to imagine what you're looking at there (at least for me), but I'm thinking, if you know how to do what you want t...

personal.xls #8
On my computer whenever I open Excel, a file called Personal.xls is automatically loaded but is hidden. This file appears to retain the macros I run. However, on one of my colleague&#8217;s computer, she does not have a personal.xls file. I sent her mine, saved it to her PC and hid it as mine was hidden. But whenever she opens Excel, the file is not there and has to me opened manually. Is there a setting that needs to be set to get this to open whenever Excel opens? Thanks! Fred .. Hi Copy this file in your Xlstart folder. Do a search in Windows for the location **********...

Consolidate Multiple Records Query
Good Afternoon, I have been pulling my hair out with this trying to get it to work on Excel and Access, but I just don't have enough knowledge of Access to know if it can work. I have two fields in a table. In field one I have a list of variables, call them City, County, State. In field 2 I have the potential values for each variable. They are listed vertically, so Record 1 shows the value City in Field 1 and Apache Junction in Field 2. Record 2 shows a blank cell in Field 1 and Buckeye in Field 2. Record three shows a blank in Field 1 and Carefree in Field 2, etc. ...

Restarting Record Count in a Query
Hello, I have a query that returns these results for me: Badge No DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 Smith Mary 11111 Smith Joe 22222 Brown Bill 22222 Brown Mary 22222 Brown Jack I need to count the dependents that are linked to each Badge No so my results look like this Badge No Count DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 1 Smith Mary 11111 2 Smith Joe 22222 1 Brown Bill 22222 2 ...

dsum in query
I have a field in query: New_Cost: [AllocatedCost]+[MonthlyCost]. I want a new field called Cost_Percentage which needs to Sum the column [New_Cost] and divide by each record [New_Cost] to get that percentage. Can this be done with DSum and if so, how? Thanks!! "D" wrote: >I have a field in query: New_Cost: [AllocatedCost]+[MonthlyCost]. I want >a > new field called Cost_Percentage which needs to Sum the column [New_Cost] > and > divide by each record [New_Cost] to get that percentage. Can this be done > with DSum and if so, how? Hi D, Yes it can be do...

hyperlink to web query
hi my problem is this. I can use the "=hyperlink(web page)" to make variable hyperlinks to differnt web pages. is there any way I can do this with a web query so the web query is controled by the contents of a cell that changes by a formula? like a variable web query. I'm kinda new to excel but any help I can get at this point will make me happy. thank you... ...

Query results inconsistent between computers
I have a situation where a few users are experiencing either a lockup or “Report Cancelled” when trying to run routine reports that have worked for them in the past. At first it appeared that perhaps there was a problem with printer drivers since the symptoms were the same as a diagnosed problem with that as a cause. The situation is this: I promoted a new level of MyApp.mde (level 6.07) in February. A few users reported having these problems, so I had them send me their MyApp_be.mdb tables; I could not reproduce the problem on my machines with either Access 2002 or 2003. I sent them stand...

Syntax error when running SQL Insert query
Hi, When I run the code below I receive an error message of Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'primary' after executenonquery is run. Primary being my table name for my database. I've tried to simplify this code down as much as I can, but I can't seem to fix the syntax issue. If you see what I did wrong please let me know, I'm at whits end. As for my DB table, all I have is one field which is set to text, so the data being inserted should work fine. This isn't being rejected by the SQL server itself since nothing shows in the logs. Database connection is func...

Errors After upgrade From GP 7.5 to GP 8
Hi i have done the Upgrade as per the Documents from GP 7.5 to GP 8 and before the upgrade finishes i received some error messages as follows The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE VIEW dbo.CM00500 (CHEKBKID, DSCRIPTN, CURNCYID, INACTIVE, CURRBLNC, BANKID, CMUSRDF1, CMUSRDF2, Last_Reconciled_Balance, Last_Reconciled_Date,CURRNIDX, DEX_ROW_ID) AS SELECT CM00100.CHEKBKID, CM00100.DSCRIPTN, CM00100.CURNCYID, CM00100.INACTIVE, CM00100.CURRBLNC, CM00100.BANKID, CM00100.CMUSRDF1, CM00100.CMUSRDF2, CM00100.Last_Reconciled_Balance, CM00100.Last_Reconciled_Date, DYNAMI...

Query Command Button Problem
On my form, I need to put a button to run a query. When using the toolbox in the Design View, I use the Command Button Toolbar, then use Miscellaneous, then Run Query. I select the correct one, and save it to the form. When I try to use it, I get an error message, and it will not work. The error message is: The Expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control. *The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined func...

ActiveX Queries
Two queries: I have a list of ClientNumbers and ClientNames (I have named the range ClientData). I want the Combobox to show just the ClientNumber but the drop down portion must show the number and the name. With Listfillrange = ClientData Boundcolumn = 1 Columns = 2 Columnwitdths = 40pt;150pt Autosize = True the second column is not displayed for its full width. Can I adjust this without making the combobox permanently wide. Is it possible to have the listfillrange in another workbook with the listfillrange workbook closed. I copied the sheet with the Combobox to a new workbook. The refer...

Re: Removing Access External Data Queries from Excel
oops, forgot something for each n in sheets("sheet1").NAMES n.delete next -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > With external queries to yahoo finance, etc I delete the names in > insert>name>define. > > for each n in sheets("sheet1") > n.delete > next > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett1@austin.rr.com > "Michael Kintner" <michaelkintner@nospam...

Union Query
Hello. I am trying to create a UNION query out of my current query. The query is used as a filter for a form after it opens and pulls input for 2 fields from a form I have open. The SQL for the Query is below. I want to add an ALL choice to 2 list boxes I have. The list boxes have my Cars and Actions. Thank you. SQL SELECT [Automobiles - Main Table].Car, [Automobiles - Main Table].Action, [Automobiles - Main Table].Mileage, [Automobiles - Main Table].AutoDate, [Automobiles - Main Table].Location, [Automobiles - Main Table].Cost, [Automobiles - Main Table].Notes, [Automobiles - Main Tabl...

When running query, how do I enter multiple data for a field
I am new to MS Access. I need to enter multiple data when running my MS query prompt. When the Enter Parameter Value prompt appears, I can't enter more than 1 data value - using [Enter data] in the Design. I can enter multiple data in the Criteria in the Design using Or but not when I run it. Do I need to create a form instead? Pls help. Thks IHMO, never use parameter prompts. Always create forms with controls for users to enter criteria values. For multi-select, use a list box. There are lots of examples on the web of how to filter a query or report based on a multi-select list ...

Can't seem to use employeeType in query-based distribution lists
I've populated employeeType with the relationship of the people in our network (Employee, Contractor, or Customer). When I go into Active Directory Users and Computers, create a query-based distribution list, and make a custom LDAP query of; employeeType=Employee and hit the "Find" key, it finds everyone I want. If I go to the Preview panel, it does not find them. I also see that it adds to the query. In the Preview panel it looks like this; (&(!cn=SystemMailbox{*})(&employeeType=Employee)) Now I can also populate extensionAttribute3 with the same data. The qu...

=?Utf-8?Q?=C2=A31.30_merges_from_excel_to_word_?= =?Utf-8?Q?as_=C2=A31.3_=28the_end_zero_is_lost=29?=
I have formatted cells to currency or accountancy but the end zero does not show up in the formula bar or when I merge to documents. What am I doing wrong or is it a fault in the application? I have not encountered the problem before changing to office 2003 Try this, John: http://www.officearticles.com/word/merge_field_formatting_in_microsoft_word.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "John @ Tiles" <John @ Tiles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C433E0-1FCC-4A00-B865-4E5623911824@microsoft.com... > I have formatted cells to curre...

import a query from a text file
I have a need to run something like OSQL for SQL Server. I would like to have a script (VBS or ???): 1. fire up Access and open a database 2. import a query from a txt file 3. run the delete query 4. close the database 5. exit access This is a vendor generated database and it is for each user. So in one area we might have 50 people access the PC in the course of their duties and each one has an Access MDB file in their Application Data folder. Is there such a thing? tia Vanya On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:04:01 -0800, Ivan Grozney <stormovick (ditch) @hotmail.com> ...

Help to create a querie / Great Challange
Hello. I need to create a querie that analise a a specific value and compare to some standards. Well, I was able to create this querie if the were no such specifications. Imagine that I have a value, i.e.: 1.50 My standards columns are: UMin; Min; Nom; Max; UMax. If the value if less then UMIn or bigger then Umax the value should be represented like this *1.50*. If the value is bigger then UMin and less then Min or Less the UMax and bigger the Max should be represented like this *1.50. If the value is between Max and Min should be represented like this 1.50. Now it comes the problem....

Editing Vendor 1099 Amounts in 8.0
Last time I filed 1099's in GP, it was version 6.0 and we could not edit any amounts. We ended up buying an off- the-shelf 1099 package (we e-filed too, so GP wouldn't have worked) that worked fine. Now, when I review the year-end closing procedures, it appears like you can edit the 1099 amounts. Has anyone done this? Does it really work? I have to report to my boss on our 1099 filing options and want to get it right. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year! Well, you can edit the amounts manually via the summary. However, you need to use the periods, like period 12 unless yo...

Querying categories
I want to make a query to categorize my data for a report. Let's say I have YesNo fields A,B, and C. On the basis of the combination of the values of those fields I would like to give the different combinations one temporary status value (one for each combination) in a new field. Example of the data: ID A B C 1 Y N N 2 Y Y N 3 Y Y Y A query should result in: ID Status 1 Pending 2 Not OK 3 OK Can this easily be done in one query? I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you. John John, you can do this with 2 queries. table Categories PK C...

assigning a unique query for each textbox on a form
I've got a table (tblMain) with the following (relevant) fields: tblMain .FirstName .LastName .Seat .RefNum I've got a form that has a graphical display of the seats to which the people listed in tblMain are assigned. I'd like to put a text box on each seat corresponding to first and last name of the person assigned to that seat (stored in tblMain.Seat). The same database is used for various seatings so I'd like only those associated with the RefNum at hand to be called. I can write a simple enough query which I can call from VBA and which relies on a...

append query with visual basic
I'm trying to execute an append query (qapdCopy&PasteProperties) with visual basic, but I get an error. Run-time error '' Syntex error in INSERT INTO statement. ================================================ Private Function Duplicate() Dim strInsert As String, strFrom As String Dim sstrWhere As String, Dim strSQL As String Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = CurrentDb strInsert = "INSERT qapdCopy&PasteProperties.* " strFrom = "FROM qapdCopy&PasteProperties " strWhere = "WHERE qapdCopy&PasteProperties.ChemicalID = " & [Forms]! [frmM...

Joining Similar Data in a query
I need to be able to join data that is similar though not exact. The data is street address - some of the recoreds are Street vs St, some are 125 Main St vs 125 Main. I know it won't be perfect but I was hoping to gain more matches - is there any way that this can be done? Thanks No, not right out of the box. You can imply a VBA function, defined in a standard module, which will return true, or false, accordingly to the logic you will add in it. SELECT a.address, b.address FROM table1 AS a INNER JOIN table2 AS b ON AreTheyAlike( table1.address, table2.address) ORDER BY a.ad...