LDAP Commands

Can someone point me to where there are some useful ldap commands to use when
in Exchange doing a custom query. Recently I used the proxyaddresses=smtp:
that worked great for what I needed. What other commands are there?
tks, Jim
0
Jim8980 (510)

http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/037/part1_ldifde_csvde.htm

--
Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone point me to where there are some useful ldap commands to use
> when
> in Exchange doing a custom query. Recently I used the proxyaddresses=smtp:
> that worked great for what I needed. What other commands are there?
> tks, Jim

0
Alexander
2/23/2007 6:48:07 PM
These are not commands but LDAP filters. If you have specific questions
about how to create a particular filter, you can post it here.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone point me to where there are some useful ldap commands to use
> when
> in Exchange doing a custom query. Recently I used the proxyaddresses=smtp:
> that worked great for what I needed. What other commands are there?
> tks, Jim

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Outlook Command Line Problems
Hi All: I made an application in vb that execute Outlook with a command line to automatize a process. The command line is this: Outlook.exe /c ipm.note /m a@a.com?Subject=Hi&Body=Hello /a c:\file.txt Since Outlook 2000 SP3, this command line generates an error like "not enough parameters" I test it with Outlook.exe /c ipm.note /m a@a.com?Subject=Hi&Body=Hello and it works fine. I Test it with Outlook.exe /c ipm.note /a c:\file.txt and it works fine too! The parameters are correct but it seems that only can work with 2 parameters and not with three! It is possible???...

right click new commands are missing
I had MS works and MS office installed. I needed HD space so I uninstalled works and now my right click "new" commands for word and excel are missing. My "new" powerpoint is still there. How do I get my "new" mouse commands back? In article <E13C3B5C-F48E-4EDC-8E28-72AF78B7CE5B@microsoft.com>, Gene5133 wrote: > I had MS works and MS office installed. I needed HD space so I uninstalled > works and now my right click "new" commands for word and excel are missing. > My "new" powerpoint is still there. How do I g...

spell check isn't accepting my command to change to suggestion
I think I'm using Windows Vista 2007. Being computer ignorant, I don't even know how to verify that. Before changing from Windows 2000, spell check worked fine. The settings seem to be set right. Spell check will make spelling suggestions, and when I tell it to make selected changes, it makes the change BEFORE I HIT SEND, but once I hit send, the changes revert to the miss spelled word. What can I do? ...

LDAP #3
Migrating from Netscape to Outlook. Set up LDAP in Outlook. I am getting message: "Insufficientrights to browse this directory" I can access this directory from outlook express but not Outlook XP. What gives? ...

What do the LEN and -find commands do in Excel?
Can you tell me what these commands are and when you would use them? Thanks in advance. hi len counts the number of characters in a cell inclunding punctuation like commas, periods etc. find returns the numeric position of a character within a text in a cell (or number) from the left. regards FSt1 "falcios" wrote: > Can you tell me what these commands are and when you would use them? > > Thanks in advance. ...

Command Bar ID
I'm setting up Office 2003 on a server farm and cleaning things up with Group Policies. All the other programs in GP have a "disable command bar ID" function but publisher. I can run a macro to display the ID in publisher but don't know how to shut it off. Any thoughts? ...

command
I need to put allusers email addresses to a text file can any one help with a command to achieve this goal? Thanks Mikeolo "mikeolo" <afaras@netzero.net> wrote: >I need to put allusers email addresses to a text file can >any one help with a command to achieve this goal? Thanks >Mikeolo I think if you want it into a text file then you'll need something like Mail Essentials sat in front of the Exchange. Do you actually need a text file or would journaling the messages into a separate mailbox be better? Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/res...

Not enough server storage is available to process this command
I have Exchange 2000 and have enabled journaling to another mailbox. This journal mailbox has about 850,000 messages in it currently. I tried to log in to this mailbox the other day with Outlook Express 6 (tried both POP3 and IMAP) and it did not work. It reported an error back saying: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command" There is loads of server storage available. Is there a mailbox limit where Outlook Express can't access it? or is there another problem? Thanks. "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.com> wrote in message news:4...

Disable Clear DContents command in excel
Is there a way to disable the "Clear Contents" option when right clicking on a cell. Basically I have spreadsheet which has lots of data validations and formulas so the worksheets are protected. Each row of data represnts information about a specific project. The sheet protection does not allow users to delete rows or columns, but conetnets can be cleared leaving blank cells. I do not want users to have the ability to clear contents of cells once data has been entered. Yes they can click the cell and manually override the information eg if a date changes etc, but I d...

Setting up Hyperlink command in Outlook
I do not have the option of setting up a hyperlink in Outlook. How is this turned on? Also one of the user's on our Network has this option but when he uses it, (to map to a folder on our network) and then sends the link to someone else here on our network it does not show up as a link. The link created will show up as this: for example <J:\maintenace\mechanic> ...

LDAP Server
I have added an LDAP server as a service in Outlook. It normally works fine, but the problem is when searching for a name which is duplicated (common name), only the last person is returned in Outlook. I have captured packets and found that in one case 5 results are being returned, but only 1 is displayed in Outlook. I have tested this on both Outlook 2000 SP 3 and Outlook XP SP 2. Does anyone know why Outlook filters results and only displays the last result from the query? Thanks for your help Sure I will email you with the info Thanks, Mike On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:18:23 -0400,...

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized
Some people are receiving following or similar "Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized" errors while trying to send mail to us. We have ESMTP enabled in our firewall and supports following commands AUTH BDAT BINARYMIME 8BITMIME CHUNKING EHLO ETRN SIZE. Do you know what may be the problem and is there anything we can do to fix it. Thank you for your help. Regards M.T. ...

LDAP
I am trying to configure the Sun Java System Web proxy server. However, I am having some tech issues. It won't let me create any groups unless I use a LDAP server. Does anyone know where I can get one for free and still be able to deploy it on my computer. I only want to use it for my proxy server. Thank you!!!!!! Jacob Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'll need to find a more appropriate newsgroup to which to repost your question. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

ldap query for address list
my organization is now migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. after migration, i just couldn't find a way to get that sorting of address book view like in exchange 5.5 that sort the gal by grouping (e.g, sort by company then department). will it is possible that the custom ldap query will do sorting like sql statement (group by) or (order by)? ...

DoUntil VB command
Hi there, I have recorded a macro that does a search and then copies data from one cell to another. I want it to loop until it finds the last occurrance of the search parameter. I understand that there is a VB command "DoUntil"? What would I put after this please? How do I make it loop? This is my macro: Sheets("Book1").Select Application.Goto Reference:="R1C1" Cells.Find(What:="sub", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:= _ xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False _ , SearchFormat:=...

CACLS command for cmd.exe?
I nee help with the cacls command. I can lock a file but cannot unlock a file? Or do you have to be the admin to unlock a file? ...

LDAP error
Hi, I'm testing a LDAP connection to my companies Active directory server and I'm getting the "An invalid dn syntax has been specified." error all the time. Here is my code: Dim entry As New DirectoryEntry() entry.Path = "LDAP://xxxxxx.company.se:389" entry.Username = "uid=MYAPP,ou=users,ou=internal,o=company" entry.Password = "yyyyyyyyy" entry.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure Dim search As New DirectorySearcher(entry) search.ExtendedDN = ExtendedDN.Standard search.Filter = "(&...

LDAP Active Direcotry
Hi everyone, When I open Contact in MS Outlook 2000, it always search for LDAP active directory first, then it will give an error. Simply because I don't have LDAP. Where should I go to take that option out. Thanks in advance. ...

vba command line to refresh a pivottable.

Outlook
I have installed Office XP, after deleting Office 2000. Now, when I want to sent an e-mail, and I'm looking in my e-mail adresses, I get the following warning: Can't reach the LDAP adresserver. But LDAP is for companies, not for natural persons. Who can tell me how I solve this problem? Thanks. Xavier. Then you didn't remove Office 2000 completely. Remove the LDAP and add the Outlook Address Book instead: Go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View or change existing directories or address books", and click OK. Remove the LDAP. If you don't see the OAB in the...

POP3 Commands Problem-Urgent Help Require
Dear All, i have some questions regarding POP3, i want to know :- 1- why i am using TELNET on POP3 Port ? & what is the usefule if its display infront of me that ( +OK POP3 Server Ready. ) or ( +OK POP3 localhost v2001.78rh server ready ) ? is that mean the POP3 Protocol working on the server which i am telnet on it ? if yes , it means that i am have no problem on the Protocol POP3 ? is that right? 2-how many versions for POP3 ? & how i know the version which i am using or working with it ? and is there any special command for each version ? i mean i know the following cam...

Range Commands in Macros
I have attempted to create a column insertion macro that dynamically copies a static value of 'Active' into all the rows in the range. To this end, during recording, I move to the column to the left and use an END-DOWN. However, when I replay the macro, it copies the values to the static number of rows that existed during the recording rather than the number of rows in the current sheet. My macro is below. I can see where it references cell B85. Can anyone help me with how to get this to work? Sub InsertStatusReason() ' ' InsertStatusReason Macro ' Macro recorded...

LDAP
Dear All, Having recently updated an ICQ program .. I now find this message popping up every time I open Outlook : " Can't contact LDAP Directory Server ( 81 ) " On clicking OK it disappears and Outlook runs as normal. I have looked up info about this LDAP Directory Server on Microsoft's Site and in my Outlook Help files .. but although I am fairly computer literate ... I must admit to not understanding it. Can anyone tell me what exactly it is, in layman's language please .. plus if it is necessary to be able to have this contact .. if so .. how to program my syste...

VB commands list
Hi, Where can I find a list of all the commands for VB for Excel 97. Thank you. Eric. Press F1 when in the VBE. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Easy enough. Thank you. Eric "Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORQXHI62DHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Press F1 when in the VBE. > > -- > Jim Rech > Excel MVP > > ...

Smo and SQLCMD commands
Hello, I want to run a script with the ExecuteNonQuery method of a Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection instance It seems that this method doesn't accept the SQLCMD commands like :SetVar How can I run this kind of scripts from within a .NET program ? Thanks for your suggestions. -- Fred foleide@free.fr Sorry, FU 2 microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet -- Fred foleide@free.fr Sorry, I forgot FU2 m.p.dotnet.framework.adonet -- Fred foleide@free.fr ...