LDAP attributes for importing contacts

Hi,

Sorry if this is not the correct discussion group.

I am trying to import thousands of contacts into AD2003 so users can select
them from the address list that I have created.

Here are the fields I am using:

DN,CN=paul smith,OU=Test Contacts,DC=SE,DC=TEST,DC=LOCAL

ObjectClass,contact
givenName,Paul
mail,paul.smith@hotmail.com
sn,smith
DisplayName,smith paul
company,Testing Co
targetAddressSMTP:paul.smith@hotmail.com

The contacts are created and all appear in address list filtered by company
name. When I select the contact from AD computer and users right click send
mail, mail is sent no problems. When the contact is selected from the address
list it fails to be sent.

any ideas?

Thanks

0
Paul297 (622)

You're not populating the mailNickname attribute.

Additionally, here's what I have in an old script:
"internetEncoding","1310720"
"mAPIRecipient","False"

This ensures an attachment can be sent to Contact.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is not the correct discussion group.
>
> I am trying to import thousands of contacts into AD2003 so users can
> select
> them from the address list that I have created.
>
> Here are the fields I am using:
>
> DN,CN=paul smith,OU=Test Contacts,DC=SE,DC=TEST,DC=LOCAL
>
> ObjectClass,contact
> givenName,Paul
> mail,paul.smith@hotmail.com
> sn,smith
> DisplayName,smith paul
> company,Testing Co
> targetAddressSMTP:paul.smith@hotmail.com
>
> The contacts are created and all appear in address list filtered by
> company
> name. When I select the contact from AD computer and users right click
> send
> mail, mail is sent no problems. When the contact is selected from the
> address
> list it fails to be sent.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/14/2006 5:02:34 PM
Thanks. Could you also help clear up one more issue?

I have search but I am unable to find any information on what the
differences are between the
mail and targetAddress attributes? Both seem to be the same thing.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> You're not populating the mailNickname attribute.
>
> Additionally, here's what I have in an old script:
> "internetEncoding","1310720"
> "mAPIRecipient","False"
>
> This ensures an attachment can be sent to Contact.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry if this is not the correct discussion group.
> >
> > I am trying to import thousands of contacts into AD2003 so users can
> > select
> > them from the address list that I have created.
> >
> > Here are the fields I am using:
> >
> > DN,CN=paul smith,OU=Test Contacts,DC=SE,DC=TEST,DC=LOCAL
> >
> > ObjectClass,contact
> > givenName,Paul
> > mail,paul.smith@hotmail.com
> > sn,smith
> > DisplayName,smith paul
> > company,Testing Co
> > targetAddressSMTP:paul.smith@hotmail.com
> >
> > The contacts are created and all appear in address list filtered by
> > company
> > name. When I select the contact from AD computer and users right click
> > send
> > mail, mail is sent no problems. When the contact is selected from the
> > address
> > list it fails to be sent.
> >
> > any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Paul297 (622)
3/14/2006 5:42:26 PM
Just a thought, if I set the mailNickname attribute will this not then apply
any recipient policies we have in place and give the contact the default
email address, which I do not wish to do because these contacts have no
mailboxes on our exchange servers?

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> You're not populating the mailNickname attribute.
>
> Additionally, here's what I have in an old script:
> "internetEncoding","1310720"
> "mAPIRecipient","False"
>
> This ensures an attachment can be sent to Contact.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry if this is not the correct discussion group.
> >
> > I am trying to import thousands of contacts into AD2003 so users can
> > select
> > them from the address list that I have created.
> >
> > Here are the fields I am using:
> >
> > DN,CN=paul smith,OU=Test Contacts,DC=SE,DC=TEST,DC=LOCAL
> >
> > ObjectClass,contact
> > givenName,Paul
> > mail,paul.smith@hotmail.com
> > sn,smith
> > DisplayName,smith paul
> > company,Testing Co
> > targetAddressSMTP:paul.smith@hotmail.com
> >
> > The contacts are created and all appear in address list filtered by
> > company
> > name. When I select the contact from AD computer and users right click
> > send
> > mail, mail is sent no problems. When the contact is selected from the
> > address
> > list it fails to be sent.
> >
> > any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Paul297 (622)
3/14/2006 5:50:27 PM
You can modify Recipient Policies to exclude Contacts.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

> Just a thought, if I set the mailNickname attribute will this not then
> apply
> any recipient policies we have in place and give the contact the default
> email address, which I do not wish to do because these contacts have no
> mailboxes on our exchange servers?
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> You're not populating the mailNickname attribute.
>>
>> Additionally, here's what I have in an old script:
>> "internetEncoding","1310720"
>> "mAPIRecipient","False"
>>
>> This ensures an attachment can be sent to Contact.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Sorry if this is not the correct discussion group.
>> >
>> > I am trying to import thousands of contacts into AD2003 so users can
>> > select
>> > them from the address list that I have created.
>> >
>> > Here are the fields I am using:
>> >
>> > DN,CN=paul smith,OU=Test Contacts,DC=SE,DC=TEST,DC=LOCAL
>> >
>> > ObjectClass,contact
>> > givenName,Paul
>> > mail,paul.smith@hotmail.com
>> > sn,smith
>> > DisplayName,smith paul
>> > company,Testing Co
>> > targetAddressSMTP:paul.smith@hotmail.com
>> >
>> > The contacts are created and all appear in address list filtered by
>> > company
>> > name. When I select the contact from AD computer and users right click
>> > send
>> > mail, mail is sent no problems. When the contact is selected from the
>> > address
>> > list it fails to be sent.
>> >
>> > any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/14/2006 5:55:31 PM
.....all mail-enabled users and contacts must have the targetAddress
attribute properly set.

The following is a brief explanation of the proper formatting of this
attribute. It is not intended to be a complete specification for the correct
formatting of the attribute.

targetAddress
Attribute Syntax: single-valued Unicode string

The value of the targetAddress attribute is the address of the user that is
**outside of the local Exchange 2000 organization** that mail should be sent
to. When mail is sent to the mail-enabled user or contact, the mail is
redirected to the address held in the targetAddress field. The format of the
field is similar to the format used in the proxyAddresses field. The
following are general and specific examples of targetAddress:
PREFIX:Address

SMTP:user@externalcompany.com

Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296479 (don't let the title of
this kba fool you.. :)
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

> Thanks. Could you also help clear up one more issue?
>
> I have search but I am unable to find any information on what the
> differences are between the
> mail and targetAddress attributes? Both seem to be the same thing.
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> You're not populating the mailNickname attribute.
>>
>> Additionally, here's what I have in an old script:
>> "internetEncoding","1310720"
>> "mAPIRecipient","False"
>>
>> This ensures an attachment can be sent to Contact.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Sorry if this is not the correct discussion group.
>> >
>> > I am trying to import thousands of contacts into AD2003 so users can
>> > select
>> > them from the address list that I have created.
>> >
>> > Here are the fields I am using:
>> >
>> > DN,CN=paul smith,OU=Test Contacts,DC=SE,DC=TEST,DC=LOCAL
>> >
>> > ObjectClass,contact
>> > givenName,Paul
>> > mail,paul.smith@hotmail.com
>> > sn,smith
>> > DisplayName,smith paul
>> > company,Testing Co
>> > targetAddressSMTP:paul.smith@hotmail.com
>> >
>> > The contacts are created and all appear in address list filtered by
>> > company
>> > name. When I select the contact from AD computer and users right click
>> > send
>> > mail, mail is sent no problems. When the contact is selected from the
>> > address
>> > list it fails to be sent.
>> >
>> > any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/14/2006 5:59:15 PM
Top Man.

Thanks very much.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> You can modify Recipient Policies to exclude Contacts.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just a thought, if I set the mailNickname attribute will this not then
> > apply
> > any recipient policies we have in place and give the contact the default
> > email address, which I do not wish to do because these contacts have no
> > mailboxes on our exchange servers?
> >
> > "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
> >
> >> You're not populating the mailNickname attribute.
> >>
> >> Additionally, here's what I have in an old script:
> >> "internetEncoding","1310720"
> >> "mAPIRecipient","False"
> >>
> >> This ensures an attachment can be sent to Contact.
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MCSE, MCT
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> >>

> >> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Paul297 (622)

LDAP #3
Migrating from Netscape to Outlook. Set up LDAP in Outlook. I am getting message: "Insufficientrights to browse this directory" I can access this directory from outlook express but not Outlook XP. What gives? ...

Take a look at that important pack from M$
--xvgpozpusyvmsxxko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zlrixpjslvjypbgm"; type="multipart/alternative" --zlrixpjslvjypbgm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nfqjpdpon" --nfqjpdpon Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Detect username or user attributes with client script.
Is there a piece of code I can use on the client side that will either: A. detect the users security role or an attribute of the user or B. detect the users username I'm looking to make certain fields read-only based on the user. We have about 5 users that should not have access to change half of the fields under cases. I want to be able to do the following in the onload event: If username = Bob, field 1.readonly = true or If UserAttribute = Foo, Field1.readonly = true You and me both. From what I understand, this data cannot be exposed through the JScript methods currently supporte...

Photoshop 6.0 image is discolored when imported into Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>I am trying to import an image from Photoshop 6.0 (Mac Classic version) into Word in publishing layout mode. I have the image saved on my OS X desktop. When I drag the image from my desktop into the word document it appears, but it is too blue! The white does not appear to be affected, but the green is brighter and the pink is purple. This is important as the image needs to be in-keeping with the color-scheme of the rest of the document. What is causing this, and how can I correct it? It ...

MS Outllook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Backup/Restores
Need some help with what the procedure is to backup Business Contact Manager data from a single user license system and restore it on another backup system I have. This needs to include the opportunities and other data linkages made on the system being backed up. Tried doing an export / import but based on some info I saw on the MS Office Web site this won't work! Would appreciate any help! There is a backup/restore function for the BCM database on the file menu. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "WHY" <Hnyda@mindspring.com> wrote in message n...

Outlook Contacts not appearing as Address Book
I recently had to transfer my Outlook 2007 data from one computer (Windows XP) to a new one (Windows 7). I installed my Office Professional 2007 on the new laptop, and connected the two together with a LAN connection. Then I transferred the files from the old to the new, using the new "Easy Transfer (or whatever it's called) to do so. A day or so later, my old computer CRASHED, so I'm not able to access the data any longer. It appears most everything made the transfer safely...except now the Contacts do not appear as the Outlook Address Book, nor do they synch up...

Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi, We've installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 successfully, but have problems installing the sample data. I have a 10 user licence, obtained from MSDN, and have setup test users in Active Directory & CRM. I then run the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe and it allows me to pick four users(I've actually setup more but it didn't give me anymore options) from Active Directory. When I click NEXT to proceed to the next step it just displays the message 'invalid user name' . I tried with another set of users that had not been setup in CRM and were just in AD, same error mes...

Money Plus Premier
I have Money Plus Premier. My file checks out fine in both Stage 1 and Stage 2 SALV. I experience no other issues with my file. When importing a QIF file from Diners Club US (Citibank), it takes 45 min to 1 hour to import less than 200 transactions. In the previous version of Money, this took less than 10 minutes tops. My system resources are NOT bogged down during this import. I can freely use my PC. Money remains fully functional as well. Any else having this experience? In microsoft.public.money, jeffcarp wrote: >I have Money Plus Premier. My file checks out fine in both Stage...

edit attribute???
Hi, I am having a few problems customizing attributes. We require a picklist for product type in the lead form, so that the user can easily enter which product the lead is related to. Whilst it is not possible to edit the existing attribute I created a new one, which I then tried to map to the 'topic attribute' in the opportunity entity. However this topic attribute can't be edited and therefore the map isn't possible. I have thought about creating a new attribute in the opportunity entity, but the existing topic attribute defines the name of the opportunity and theref...

Importing from Quickbooks POS
What is the most efficient procedure for importing data from Quickbooks POS? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A7_01C86A66.5C7F6380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable bratdog, You have to export your info into a CSV file and then import it using = the QSImport tool available from your reseller. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3...

Office 2003 on win 7
HI I Install Office 2003 on win 7 - can't import .pst The Imort button Is blank , what sould i do ? Thank, Moysh You would never import a PST in the first place. Use a supported method for data transfer instead. We post them here daily. The most likely reasons you have no import function is that you either haven't installed the importers and exporters or your Toolbar needs to be configured to show them. -- Russ Valentine "Moysh" <Moysh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E479938D-686B-4013-954A-DF30A4788002@microsoft.com... > HI > ...

distribution group af contact
I made some contacts and put then in a group without assigning an email to it. Can this group be shown in the general adressbook in outlook so that everyone in the organisation can send a mail to these contact? can someone help me? Thx Mail enable the Group. Oliver ...

Get attributes from XmlSchema for specific Node referenced by Xpath
I have a XSD loaded into a XmlSchema class. I need to retrieve the attribut names for/under a specific node in this schema, and I have the full xpath for the node in the schema. How do I do this? I'm not sure I should use the XmlSchema class to load the XSD. Regards Paw ...

ADmodify & custom attribute
Can anybody tell me which custom attribute and value should I use in order to change "Exchange General - Message restriction - Accept messages - Only from athenticated users" ? Im using ADmodify. Many thanks! msExchRequireAuthToSendTo = TRUE -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Hrc" <hmrx@xnet.hr> wrote in message news:gveje21koc6srngdlbhc8ci10jg4d567ee@4ax.com... > Can anybody tell me which custom attribute and value should I use in > order to change...

Syncing CRM 3.0 Contacts w/ Blackberry
Good day everyone, I’ve searched around the forums and looked around to solve this dilemma, but I’m still stuck! Background: My boss and a few employees have the RIM Blackberry and we have the MS Small Business Server SP1, Exchange 2003, and CRM 3.0 Problem: How do we sync the contacts that are in the CRM 3.0 to the Blackberry contacts? (Without exporting every single contact into a CSV and then importing them back to a personal folder). Before CRM 3.0, we had an Exchange Server and my boss simply dragged a copy from the “shared” contacts to his personal contacts and then would syn...

Contacts from Excel to Outlook
Every time I try to Import an excel spreadsheet, Outlook says "has no name ranges. Excel to name the range of data you want to import." How do I make my excel list which has my contacts and emails into a range or something outlook can import? See this page Ergg http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/importcontacts.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Ergg" <Ergg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55EA7F5C-1D9F-45F1-BCEF-FD935507DFB9@microsoft.com... > Every time I try to Import an excel spreadsheet, Outlook says...

Failed to import customized report
Hi there, I'm doing some testing on my existing report called Activities. I download it into my local and modified. I tried to re-import this report to CRM from Report > New > existing report : My ReportFile.rdl but I keep getting this error. "An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." every's suggestion are w...

Importing large text files to excel
Hi, i am using Excel 2002, and I am wondering what is an efficient way to import text files with more than 65536 lines to excel (eg. if it's 120000 lines, I want the excel workbook to automatically create two tabs, with the first tab having the first part of the text file, line 1 to line 65000, the second tab having line 65001 to 120000.) Right now, i am using a splitter (HJSplit) to first manually split the large text file into several small files, then i import each file to an individual tab in a excel workbook. But obviously that's not the best way. Thank you very much. http://su...

Using TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import a single sheet from exce
I have an excel workbook with multiple sheets of data. I am trying to use a TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import 2 individual sheets to seperate tables in access. (I have a seperate Macro for each sheet) What is the correct "format" to identify the individual sheet in the Path? As an example the file path is: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Monthly reporting\Monthy Reports for Access Import.xls One of the sheets is labled "Financial Data" - How do I add this to the end of the path so it imports this sheet? The error I get is "not a valid pa...

New size of the attribute <GUID> exceeds the SQL server row limit
When I try to create a new string attribute I receive this message Event Type: Error Event Source: DMSNAPIN Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Description: dmLog: New size of the attribute ({19CA6717-9191-4C62-9944-C425DAFD75A3}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes. I am working whit MS CRM V 1.2 Basically, there is a limit to how big the row can be in the database. 8000 bytes is the max and the field you are trying to add exceeds that limit. Try a smaller string - otherwise you will need to do a complete re-install, and then not add as many fields to that object. ...

How do i import addresses from web-mail to outlook #2
PLease can someone tell me how i can import my contacts from a web based email (worldclient) into outlook?> Dave Christophers wrote: > PLease can someone tell me how i can import my contacts from a web based > email (worldclient) into outlook?> No need to post twice - this is not a chat room. You need to find out the information from your webmail host. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Address Book Import #2
I moved my address book from a Dell Laptop to my new Compaq. I got it to install fine in Outlook Express but when I try to either Import/Export it to Outlook it won't go. Any suggestions on what I might be overlooking? Thanks in advance, Dave To what "address book" are you referring? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave" <computing@homeandaway.com> wrote in message news:%23HRk1kpkDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I moved my address book from a Dell Laptop to my new Compaq. I got it to > install fine in Outlook Express but when I try to either Import/E...

Account Data Import
I am importing Accounts from CSV file. For testing, I have only 4 to 5 records in 2 columns - Name and Street (all data are in plain text). I am using Tools->Import in V 3.0 and all I am getting in Workplace->Activities->Bulk Import, status always remains "In progress" with no failure reported and even no Account created / records imported. I also checked that 1) Workflow service is pointing to the local system (C:\Program files\Microsoft CRM\Server\BIN\CrmWorkflowService.exe) 2) I stopped and restarted Workflow services as referenced at few places in this newsgroup...

LDAP Server
I have added an LDAP server as a service in Outlook. It normally works fine, but the problem is when searching for a name which is duplicated (common name), only the last person is returned in Outlook. I have captured packets and found that in one case 5 results are being returned, but only 1 is displayed in Outlook. I have tested this on both Outlook 2000 SP 3 and Outlook XP SP 2. Does anyone know why Outlook filters results and only displays the last result from the query? Thanks for your help Sure I will email you with the info Thanks, Mike On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:18:23 -0400,...

Getting e-mails
Prior to 2007 I would simply export e-mail messages, contact etc to a .PST file or simply copy that file over. But I think it different starting with Outlook 2007, but I using Outlook 2010. What do I need to do to transfer over the e-mails? I also came across a program called Mail Store home. What is the best way to do this? Best method there is: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm You should bookmark this website. It's excellent and will answer most, if not all, of your Outlook questions. -- Kathleen Orland "klafert" <klafert...