LDAP address list

I recently pointed a mail client to my LDAP server to obtain a global
address, what appeared was every user that had been set up in the domain.
I checked to verify that the ”hide from  address list” was check on those
address that I knew should not be on the list and the box was checked.
Some of these names are of accounts that have been disabled.
How can I control who and what shows up in the LDAP address list?

0
vidro1 (25)

What type of client?

James Chong

VIDRO wrote:
> I recently pointed a mail client to my LDAP server to obtain a global
> address, what appeared was every user that had been set up in the domain.
> I checked to verify that the "hide from  address list" was check on those
> address that I knew should not be on the list and the box was checked.
> Some of these names are of accounts that have been disabled.
> How can I control who and what shows up in the LDAP address list?

0
jamestechman (1266)
10/17/2006 8:57:59 PM
Outlook.  POP3/SMTP

"james chong" wrote:

> What type of client?
>
> James Chong
>
> VIDRO wrote:
> > I recently pointed a mail client to my LDAP server to obtain a global
> > address, what appeared was every user that had been set up in the domain.
> > I checked to verify that the "hide from  address list" was check on those
> > address that I knew should not be on the list and the box was checked.
> > Some of these names are of accounts that have been disabled.
> > How can I control who and what shows up in the LDAP address list?

0
vidro1 (25)

Address Book #74
I am using Outlook 2003 Could you tell me how I can use my CONTACTS list as a Contacts in the Address Book. What are the steps I need to do to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for your support. HankL If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is the box to enable as email address book is checked? If this is grayed out... Go to Tools | Email Accounts, cho...

LDAP #3
Migrating from Netscape to Outlook. Set up LDAP in Outlook. I am getting message: "Insufficientrights to browse this directory" I can access this directory from outlook express but not Outlook XP. What gives? ...

Updated ISV list?
Is there an up to date ISV list out there. The one on the partner site says it is from Febuary. Here is the latest list http://members.microsoft.com/partner/premium/solutions/business/crm/isv_information.aspx dated 6/3/04 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Jake Horn" <jhorn@no_order4chaos_spam.com> wrote in message news:uIq9WFrbEHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there an up to date ISV list out there. The one on the partner site says > it is from Febuary. > > > ...

Contacts cannot be added to address book
I have a problem in that some of my users cannot add the company contacts folder to their address book. When you click on the properties for the contacts folder, the option to add it to their address book is greyed out. The permissions on the folder are set correctly and it seems to happen to only a couple of users. Whats very interesting is that the user designated as the folder's owner cannot add to their own address book. Any suggestions? I've searched the knowledgebase to no avail, unfortunately. is the Outlook Address Book service installed in the profile/s? "B...

Problem in List control
Hi All, I am having few difficulties in handling list ctrl which are as follows 1. Our requirement is to display images as thumbnail view with the text underneath the image. We are using CListCtrl with ICON option and using imgaelist for display of images. Images could be of any number. Problem : A border should be drawn around the item if its selected. Size of the border should be same of size. We are using GetItemRect() to get the rect and drawing the border. But the border is not coming as size. Rect size varies depends on the Text length. Is there any way t...

email addresses not updating auto
I'm creating users w/mailboxes and adding mailboxes to users that didnt have mailboxes but they are receiving settings from Exchange server. If you go to the email address tab on the user account is blank. This had been working for us. Please help. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:29:03 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm creating users w/mailboxes and adding mailboxes to users that didnt have >mailboxes but they are receiving settings from Exchange server. If you go to >the email address tab on the user account is blank. This had been working for >us...

SMTP Address Not Being Created
Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 A user was created and a mailbox created as well. The SMTP address is not showing up in the users account even after a wait of several hours. When clicking on Exchange Tasks, deleting the mailbox, then recreating it succesffuly, the SMTP address still does not appear. If I create the SMTP address manually, I get the following error in the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 7/12/2005 Time: 7:30:17 AM User: N/A Computer: MXCA2 Description: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountContr...

Hide from Global Address List
I have several distribution lists that I want to "hide" from the Global Address List (and Default Offline Address List), but still have them show on custom lists that I have created. I've tried setting extensionAttribute1=HideFromGAL, and using ADSI Edit to change the purportedSearch to: (& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(&(objectCategory=group)(!extensi...

edit mailing list rule
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Does anyone know where you can edit a mailing list rule, or delete it? On 12/15/09 1:03 PM, in article 59baf19f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "TorahTrek@officeformac.com" <TorahTrek@officeformac.com> wrote: > Does anyone know where you can edit a mailing list rule, or delete it? Open the Mailing List Manager window under Tools in the Menu bar. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <...

How do i import addresses from web-mail to outlook #2
PLease can someone tell me how i can import my contacts from a web based email (worldclient) into outlook?> Dave Christophers wrote: > PLease can someone tell me how i can import my contacts from a web based > email (worldclient) into outlook?> No need to post twice - this is not a chat room. You need to find out the information from your webmail host. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

LDAP Server
I have added an LDAP server as a service in Outlook. It normally works fine, but the problem is when searching for a name which is duplicated (common name), only the last person is returned in Outlook. I have captured packets and found that in one case 5 results are being returned, but only 1 is displayed in Outlook. I have tested this on both Outlook 2000 SP 3 and Outlook XP SP 2. Does anyone know why Outlook filters results and only displays the last result from the query? Thanks for your help Sure I will email you with the info Thanks, Mike On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:18:23 -0400,...

Address Book Import #2
I moved my address book from a Dell Laptop to my new Compaq. I got it to install fine in Outlook Express but when I try to either Import/Export it to Outlook it won't go. Any suggestions on what I might be overlooking? Thanks in advance, Dave To what "address book" are you referring? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave" <computing@homeandaway.com> wrote in message news:%23HRk1kpkDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I moved my address book from a Dell Laptop to my new Compaq. I got it to > install fine in Outlook Express but when I try to either Import/E...

Merge different first name, same last name, same address
I have 3291 names and addresses. In order to avoid creating duplicate labels, I want to merge rows that have the same last name and street address but different first names. Fr: Jack Smith 123 Elm Street Jill Smith 123 Elm Street To: Jack Jill Smith 123 Elm Street If the entire name and address is within one cell, you can use the Data/Text-to-Columns function, and then sort by the address cell. -- LACA ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30381 View this thread: h...

Address Book
Hi all, I can seem to figure out how to get my address but to list by last name? If I go to add an email address from an incoming mail it will do it but I have entered in all address by myself and they are listed in no order. I have tried everything I can think of, please any ideas would be great. It is driving in insane!!!! Thanks Shiv Sounds like this is an Outlook question. You have posted this to a newsgroup related to Microsoft Access - the database application. I'd suggest you post to a newsgroup related to the application you are using for your email (Outlook, Outlook Expres...

Printing address lables from spreadsheet?
I have created numerous address lists on spreadsheets. Is it possible to construct these lists in a way to send to a printer and it just labels the envelopes and such? I do this all the time... I use mail merge in Word and use my exce sheet as the database. I have found it to be the best way to get whole bunch of different envelopes/letters out quickly -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Why is not Enumerator listed as a member in List<T> class
Hi! In the code below I use the Enumerator that is called on class List<string> Here is a link that show every member in the List<T> class http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d9hw1as6.aspx If I carefully look through all these members I can't find a sight of any Enumerator. Can anybody explain that ?? If I google for List<T>.Enumerator this specific member is found but why is not this listed when I look at all the members in the List<T> class. public static void Main() { List<string> stringList = new List<string>(); str...

Contact List in Address List for multiple user's
I created a Contact List in the Public FOlders. I want the list to appear in everyones Address List. How can I configure the Contact List to appear in everyones Address List without visiting each user's PC like through the Exchange System Manager, AD, GPO, etc? Thanks in advance. Greg In news:8AB85031-AE20-4CC9-B5D4-89556B7C5DC5@microsoft.com, Greg <gregkh@hotmail.com> typed: > I created a Contact List in the Public FOlders. I want the list to > appear in everyones > Address List. > > How can I configure the Contact List to appear in everyones Address > Lis...

LDAP
I am trying to configure the Sun Java System Web proxy server. However, I am having some tech issues. It won't let me create any groups unless I use a LDAP server. Does anyone know where I can get one for free and still be able to deploy it on my computer. I only want to use it for my proxy server. Thank you!!!!!! Jacob Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'll need to find a more appropriate newsgroup to which to repost your question. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

address book #46
Could someone help please! How can I save my address book my computer's operating system has crashed and I need to save my address book how can I do this? Thank you so much in advance. simon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I save my address book my computer's operating > system has crashed and I need to save my address book how > can I do this? Thank you so much in advance. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Modifying Address Book Templates
I'm following direction from the Administrators Pocket Consultant for Exchange Server 2003. I want to create a template that people will see when opening the details of someone in the GAL. I'm trying to modify the "Internet Address" template in ESM on Exchange Server 2003/Win2k3. I have full control of this box, information stores as well as the AD Schema but I can't seem to access the add or modify buttons in this template. I've never done this before so please point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - T...

Address lookup for Quote, Order, Invoice #2
I have an issue with the parent account, account addresses when createing quote,order and invoices. Below the exact issue described by 'Michael' posted on microsoft.public.crm on Jul 14 2004, 5:12 am >Hi, > >When I try to lookup an address when creating an >Quote >(Order, Invoice) for which the Potential Customer >(Customer) is a Contact, the address lookup screen is >;imited to addresses entered into the Contact's details >(on the Information tab and the More Addresses tab). >It does not include addresses from the Contact's Parent >Account (or...

Function address from VB?
Great day. I have a question. I'm trying to find out in VB from which cell my formula was called. For example I have a user defined formula public function MyFormula() MyFormula = 10 end function if somebody calls this function from sheet1 cell A1 (b "=MyFunction()"). Is there a way for me to find out that in VB? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Application.Caller.Address will give you the address that called th function. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com kkknie, Thank you!!!! This works great!! -- Message posted from h...

ldap query for address list
my organization is now migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. after migration, i just couldn't find a way to get that sorting of address book view like in exchange 5.5 that sort the gal by grouping (e.g, sort by company then department). will it is possible that the custom ldap query will do sorting like sql statement (group by) or (order by)? ...

Bold the query based distribution lists in GAL
Just curious if anyone knows of a way to make the query based distribution lists appear bold in the GAL? Since our GAL contains query based lists and 'static' lists I would like all of them to appear in bold if possible. TIA! On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:10:23 -0800, "Papa" <Papa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just curious if anyone knows of a way to make the query based distribution >lists appear bold in the GAL? Since our GAL contains query based lists and >'static' lists I would like all of them to appear in bold if possible. > >TIA! I d...