large emails are being blocked

Hi,

Can someone help me to diagnose where the problem could be why large emails
are being blocked.

This is what folk receive:

postmaster@server1.domain.name.co.uk with "Diagnostic-Code: smtp;450 5.2.3
Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host.

This is coming from the mail server that receives our emails and then
forwards them onto our FE server. Between server1 and our FE server is a pix
and a ISA 2004 server.

The email size that is failing is 9mb.

Here are all the settings I can find:

Gloabal settings > message delivery > defaults 10240kb
FE server Default virtual SMTP > Delivery > Limit Message size 10000kb
BE server Default virtual SMTP > Delivery > Limit Message size 10000kb

There are no policies in place and eveyone is denied large emails 7mb seems
to be about the largest anyone can receive.

Are there any other places I could check?

Paul

0
Paul297 (622)

On Fri, 12 May 2006 07:03:02 -0700, Paul
<Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can someone help me to diagnose where the problem could be why large emails
>are being blocked.
>
>This is what folk receive:
>
>postmaster@server1.domain.name.co.uk with "Diagnostic-Code: smtp;450 5.2.3
>Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host.
>
>This is coming from the mail server that receives our emails and then
>forwards them onto our FE server. Between server1 and our FE server is a pix
>and a ISA 2004 server.
>
>The email size that is failing is 9mb.
>
>Here are all the settings I can find:
>
>Gloabal settings > message delivery > defaults 10240kb
>FE server Default virtual SMTP > Delivery > Limit Message size 10000kb
>BE server Default virtual SMTP > Delivery > Limit Message size 10000kb
>
>There are no policies in place and eveyone is denied large emails 7mb seems
>to be about the largest anyone can receive.
>
>Are there any other places I could check?
>
>Paul

The Pix or ISA?
0
adavid (8731)

> The email size that is failing is 9mb.
>
> Here are all the settings I can find:
>
> Gloabal settings > message delivery > defaults 10240kb
> FE server Default virtual SMTP > Delivery > Limit Message size 10000kb
> BE server Default virtual SMTP > Delivery > Limit Message size 10000kb
>
> There are no policies in place and eveyone is denied large emails 7mb
> seems
> to be about the largest anyone can receive.
>
> Are there any other places I could check?

The encoding in of the attachments adds approx 30% overhead to the size of
the files. So you want to allow 10 MB files, I would suggest setting the
limit at about 14 MB just to be safe..

0
exchangemvp (657)

Email Owner
How does CRM assign ownership on tracked emails? At first I thought it was the person who created the email. But then I've seen tracked emails where the Created By user is not the Owner. ...

Help
I am running an Exchange 2000 Server and one of thje internal users has sent an email to internal and external recipients. The To address was an email and the CC address was a mixed internal and external distribution group. We also run MCaffee GroupShield for Exchange AV Software. The out queue has hundreds of emails and the internal users mailboxes are filling up PLEASE HELP!! First stage how can I remove this mail so it isn't sent anymore and second whats caused it and how do I prevent it! ...

Email Address
Seems like outlook used to automatically enter email addresses after the first 2-3 characters were entered, but more recently I have to go my contact list and manually find the address to enter. Is this something I can correct? Windows Mail auto-completes from a separate list of 29 addresses you type in, not from your contacts. This list is stored in the registry. If you wish to remove old or incorrect addresses, there is a utility to clear recently used email addresses in Windows Mail... http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/264/1/Utility-to-clear-recently-used-email-addresses-i...

OWA 2003 missing emails
Has anyone seen OWA 2003 drop emails when the user mailbox is full? I am seeing an issue where the message looks to be sent but does not go into the Sent Items nor does it actually get sent. No error messages to the user except the prompt right below the toolbar that the mailbox is full and they need to clean up. We do have a Storage limit warning a few megs before the Prohibit Send limit and I believe this is where the problem is comnig into play, but I can not be sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Does the problem go away if you remove the limit? Nue "high_fall"...

Can't Delete Emails from Outlook
Our setup is the following. Have exchange 2000 and outlooks XP which connect to the exchange servers. One of the users (user A) connects to another user's mailbox (user B) to view emails and delete them. The user A has Editor's permissions to the inbox of user B and also deleted items folder. Once in a while when he attempts to delete the items he gets the following error: "This item could not be deleted, it was either moved or is already deleted, or access was denied". He can open the messages and print them but can't delete some of them. I am able to delete the messages...

Problems with mass emails through Exchange 2000
Hi Folks; I'm running Exchange Server 2000 w/all updates installed and I'm having problems sending out a newsletter to about 5,500 addresses.. I have a website with discussion forums and I use the forums interface to create the email. The problem is that when I tell it to send the newsletter off I get a nearly immediate NDR notification for the entire list of addresses and the mail doesn't get sent. The forums properly send registration emails as well as topic update emails but sending an email to 5,500 users through exchange fails. Does anyone know of any settings in Exchange S...

can't seem to change default email account in Outlook 2002
One of my computers uses Outlook 2002 with Home XP 2002. I have two email accounts set up in Outlook. #1 I use at my home. #2 is if I'm visiting my family and use their DSL account. I have #1 set up as the default account. However, whenever I start outlook it tries to send by account #2. Clicking the Accounts button in the email message window shows account #2 checked and I always have to manually check account #1. So I why does outlook always try to send on account #2 when in the Tools/Email Accounts #1 is set as default? thanks. New messages or replies? outlook sends on...

creating a 2nd email account
We are currently running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server. I've been tasked to create an email account for our training department. They want the email account to be computer.training @(our company name). Do I need to create a computer.training account in AD in order to create an email box for this account or can I just assign this new email account to one of our trainers as a secondary email account? If so, how do I do this? Jim you will need to create an AD account...then you can grant permissions to the mailbox, and if you like, disable the AD account... "Jim in Cl...

New emails do not show
When I receive new emails they sometimes show up as unread mail in brackets next to the inbox folder in the Mail pane, but they are not visible in the central Inbox pane where I read the email. I have to select a sub folder then go back to my inbox for the mail to become visible. How do I make sure that all new emails show up in the central Inbox pane where I can read them without having to go back and forth between subfolders? Outlook 2007 running on Windows XP Home Version 2002 Service Pack 2 I would remove the rules and start over: In the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The col...

Outlook No Longer Sends Inbox Emails to Subfolder
I have Outlook 2007 and I use to be able to view a message on my Blackberry in the Outlookand then have it automatically redirect to a subfolder I have set up as a rule on my exchange server. Anyone know why it's not working now. Have you verified that the rule is still there and configured properly? Tried recreating the rule already? From the information provided, it is impossible to tell what made it stop working for you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

Verify email
I have names and email addresses in excel worksheet...is there a way to validate these addresses Hi Sandee Do you want this? You can check for the @ and the . character in each mail address Sub test() ' J.E suggestion "?*@?*.?*" instead of *@* For Each mycell In Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) If mycell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then 'do nothing Else MsgBox "Wrong E-mail address in " & mycell.Address End If Next End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebr...

can't send email 07-28-10
How do I find my server? ...

Why email is double spaced
I just started using Outlook 2002 as my email client and MS Word as m text editor. When I compose and send email, it gets to the destinatio double spaced. Why is that? I'd apreciate some help in correcting this. Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is the message format set to HTML? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to m...

block of cells appear as single cell
How to select a block of cells and make appear as a single cell ? ( but is still multiple cells under the covers ) =A1 & " " & B1..... Or turn off gridlines and apply a border to your selection. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "John Grandy" <john.arthur.grandy-at-gmail.com> wrote in message news:OHcG3UT0KHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How to select a block of cells and make appear as a single cell ? ( but > is still multiple cells under the covers ) > For what purpose? One method............. Select a r...

All emails tracked regardless of options
Hello all, I have a problem with one user having her emails tracked in CRM even if she has option to track "E-mail messages in response to CRM e-mail". The messages that get tracked are just a standard newsletter, so they are not sent "in response", but they get tracked. User reports that she had the option set to "Track all e-mails" when crm client was first installed - I'm guessing there were some rules set up then and now, these are in effect. Does anyone has any suggestion how to troubleshoot this issue? -- Maciej Jankowski ...

CRM 4.0
I have a CRM 4.0 Professional (with Exchange mail router integration) user who is trying to send email that CRM reports is too big... no attachments, single paragraph of plain text. I'm aware of the max size setting for attahments but have not seen one for messages themselves. To my knowledge no changes have been made in the system and this user has sent emails recently with and without attachments. Thoughts? Much appreciated, JD See registry setting for maximize the email string etc. Can you check log if its not sending, whats log saying, email me. -- Regards, MS CRM Certifi...

Exchange 2003 stops distributing external emails
I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003, and have had some problems in the last few days with external emails being delivered and sent. When the server is rebooted the email seems to work ok for half an hour or so with external mails being sent out and distributed internally, but then this stops, and the server needs to be restarted and then any mails that have arrived since exchange stopped distributing them are then sent out normally, so it seems to be that they are being stored somewhere on the server but for some reason are not being sent out properly. Has anyone come across this ...

How do I read saved email from Outlook Express
I saved my emails and address book with Outlook Express before getting a new computer with Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 will not read those files. How can I recover the information? Clint <Clint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I saved my emails and address book with Outlook Express before > getting a new computer with Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 will not read > those files. How can I recover the information? You have to configure those messages into Outlook Express on the new computer (see http://www.insideoe.com/ for the method) and them export them to Outlook from ...

stop user from deleting email in oulook 2002
hi...we have 5 users that share a common imap inbox (it's the company main email account), and this week as a result of a conference with a tech support person...one of the users deleted 400 email in the account...is there anyway to prohibit specific users from deleting email from this account from within outlook or as a gpo? (i'm using an open source windows email server, and cannont excersize this prohibition on the server level...) thanks in advance... No. On 4/28/06 9:15 PM, in article 1146273348.931372.319580@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "jtg2" <jtg2@ptosf.com&g...

copying email messages
using windows live mail 2009 and windows 7 here's the problem, i have 2 pc's, one in usa, one in uk, i use windows live mail to get my msn emails and also to get my btinternet emails (using POP3), i 'leave message on server' re BT so when i come back to london, live mail collects all email in the 'in box' for both msn and BT, in the USA i physically copied 'sent messages' (that i sent from BT thru live mail) from the relevant folder onto memory stick and then pasted them here in london in the equivalent folder, unfortunately when i go into live mail...

Outlook Deleting Email
Some messages are being routed directly to the deleted items folder from the inbox. I have turned off all rules and this still is happening. Started with just one address, now is happening to several. Does anyone have any idea what is going on or how to correct it? SourMug ...

Photos in incoming email not launching -- Why?
Using OL2002, WinXP, on fairly new Sony. All of a sudden, incoming email in html format are showing up fine, but the photos within the pages are not. All I'm seeing now are empty boxes with the little "x" in the upper left corner. Does anyone know why, and how to fix it? This is the first time it's happened. I re-booted the system and the problem persists. I haven't loaded any new software, or uninstalled any software today, or for several months for that matter. I can't think of anything I did to purposely alter my system in any way today. However, the system...

Automation error when trying to send email
Hi I have ms access vba code that sends emails via outlook. The problem is that the code previously working fine is now giving error on the following line of code; Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") The error is "Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)': , Automation error, The specified module could nor be found." What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards If you get an error from code statements like these: Dim ol as New Outlook.Application=20 Set ol =3D CreateObject("Outlook.Application") the cause ...

Old email keeps looping in someones inbox
Hi, I have a user who gets the same internal read receipt message about 5 times a day . the email is about 3 years old and the users it's coming form said he know s nothing about it. Is this looping in Excchange? How do I stop this read receipt? Thanks Andy I am having the same issue as below id there a fix. Thanks BN "AW" wrote: > Hi, I have a user who gets the same internal read receipt message about 5 > times a day . the email is about 3 years old and the users it's coming form > said he know s nothing about it. Is this looping in Excchange? How do...

550 5.7.1 access denied Email Problem
Scenario: Our HR has a web application outsourced. This application needs to be able to send email into our Exchange from our users Exchange address to other Exchange users on our server. But the email is not originating from our mail servers - its originating from the vendor's mail server. Our exchange is giving the following NDR: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <smtp.vendordomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <user@ourdomain.net>... Access denied> How can I configure our Exchange server to allow email fr...