laptop users are unable to replicate

Outlook 2000
windows 2000 pro

When laptop users try and replicate their inbox with our  exchange 5.5
server they get an error message saying "Error syncronizing server"
[80004005-501-550]  etc

I have tried all the stuff suggested in previous posts (deleted .ost
etc) but this problem seems to be a permissions issue as when I log
onto the laptop  as an  Exchange administrator  there is no problem.

All laptop owners are NT administrators of the actual laptop

can anyone help ?

Del
0
junk2146 (4)

We use NAV for Exchange, and I've found that viruses will cause the
replication to fail on the particular folder that is reporting the sync.
problem. Check the folder for infected messages.

Jeff

"Besos007" <junk@XXXXseaford.co.uk> wrote in message
> Outlook 2000
> windows 2000 pro
>
> When laptop users try and replicate their inbox with our  exchange 5.5
> server they get an error message saying "Error syncronizing server"
> [80004005-501-550]  etc
>
> I have tried all the stuff suggested in previous posts (deleted .ost
> etc) but this problem seems to be a permissions issue as when I log
> onto the laptop  as an  Exchange administrator  there is no problem.
>
> All laptop owners are NT administrators of the actual laptop
>
> can anyone help ?
>

> Del

this happens on an almost new account witthout hardly any emails and
certainly no viruses. I have tried turning  off Mcafee and still no
difference.

It also happens to all laptop users except me and I assume that is
because I am the only Exchange administrator.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:25:32 -0800, "Jeff Brooks-Manas"
<support@nospam.rmcengr.com> wrote:

>We use NAV for Exchange, and I've found that viruses will cause the
>replication to fail on the particular folder that is reporting the sync.
>problem. Check the folder for infected messages.
>
>Jeff
>
>"Besos007" <junk@XXXXseaford.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Outlook 2000
>> windows 2000 pro
>>
>> When laptop users try and replicate their inbox with our  exchange 5.5
>> server they get an error message saying "Error syncronizing server"
>> [80004005-501-550]  etc
>>
>> I have tried all the stuff suggested in previous posts (deleted .ost
>> etc) but this problem seems to be a permissions issue as when I log
>> onto the laptop  as an  Exchange administrator  there is no problem.
>>
>> All laptop owners are NT administrators of the actual laptop
>>
>> can anyone help ?
>>

>> Del

0
junk2146 (4)

SQL 2005 Replication
I am looking to setup master to master replicat (bot db's are updating each other live). When creating pk/identity/auto increment column, I choose no to "not for replication". In case replication stops for whatever reason, and then reestablished. Does this mean that there wouldn't be a primary key duplication? Thanks in advance Hi RG, When you set identity property to not for replication. SQL Server ensures the identity column is incremented for only user trasnsaction not for replication transactions. To avoid duplication you have to use range of valu...

used laptops
If you are interested in buying a laptop then you should be aware of the aspects of laptops such as their processor category, the storage capacity, size of the screen as well as battery durability and so on because if you know the importance of these components of laptops then you would be able to make a right choice for you. There are many laptop brands available on market and Sony is one of those famous laptop brands and it is celebrated for its excellence, looks as well as performance. Their laptop models are elegant as well as are a hit among the crowd. The laptops offered by this brand ar...

Public folder replication problems #2
Hi! I have a public folder replication problem between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. The public folders are not replicated to the other mailserver. I've tried to set up the replication through ESM and pfMigrate, but it still doesn't work. I've read the KB842273 article that tells about how to troubleshoot public folder replication problems, and it looks like the replication messages are sendt from the server but not recived by the other server. There are many outgoing replication messages on both serverers, but no incoming. In the event log on both servers there are many 8207 events...

Laptop will not stop standby
I try to save my Power Scheme on XP. I recently installed XP on my Dell Inspiron 1521 and I try to save my Power Scheme, but if I shut down or reboot, it goes back to the previous one never saving and always putting my laptop on stand by when lid closed. I changed it continuously and I'm getting pissed at the fact it will never save. Please help me. -- MelodicFighter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MelodicFighter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/157243.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-suppo...

Sub-folder access by 2nd user thru pst?
In my office the assistants need to access their boss' email sub-folders on a regular basis to print them out and file them (we are a law office). Each boss has up to 100 sub-folders. I understand that in Outlook 2003 permissions to sub-folders must be given individually -- it can't be done from the parent folder. Is it possible to create a .pst file of some of the boss' folders and then copy the file to a shared network drive where the assistant can get the file and open it in her own Outlook folder list? -- Sunrise Yes. It's not recommended though. Will...

Email Multiple Users
Hi, Lets start by saying I'm rubbish with access!, I'm trying to create a button that will email a report as a pdf to a list of people which have registered to recieve the particular report. I have used the sendobject but I'm stuck on the "to" option, I need to get my emails a querie which filters the people from the open form. Is it possible to do? My form is "events", the report is called "EventReminder", the querie that only shows peoples emails that have registered for the current form data is "SendEventReminder" Kurt <Kurt@d...

User Setup
A client just contacted me who uses GP 8.5. On their user setup screen (logged in as either sa or DYNSA), the User ID and User Name fields are enabled, but the password fields are disabled. I checked the database, and sp_helpdb shows that the Dynamics and company database are both owned by DYNSA. Does anyone have any ideas of what's wrong and how we can restore access to the password fields? Have them log in with the 'sa' id -- Sandy GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "iStevo" w...

#NAME? Error With User Defined Functions
Excel 2007 I have a problem that has been driving me nuts. I created a code module and have pasted a couple of user defined functions into the module. When I am entering my formula into a cell and I start typing the name of the function, I see that the function is listed in the drop-down list of functions. That tells me that Excel recognizes the function. However, after entering the formula I get a #NAME? error. Here is a link to just one of the user defined functions that I've been trying to use. http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#code Other peo...

Proxy Permission to Contacts, but unable to Add to an Email
Hello, I have FULL Proxy rights to another mail box. I am able to see the "CONTACTS" but when I create an email, I would like to add an address from this Proxy Contacts Folder. I am unable too... Any ideas... My only work around so far is to COPY the entire Contacks Folder from the PROXY Mailbox to my Mailbox, but now I have 2 address book Contacts I have to keep up to date... Thanks in advance. Michael The process of adding another user's Contacts folder to your own address = book display is somewhat involved. You will need to be able to create -- = at least temporar...

move Office 2003 from old laptop to new laptop
I want to deinstall Office from an old laptop I have so I can install it on a new laptop. I have the Office 2003 installation CD but can't locate the product key. How can I determine what the product key is so I can install the software on my new laptop? Thanks. Use this to retrieve it from the old laptop http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ Rob DeBruin wrote: > I want to deinstall Office from an old laptop I have so I can install it on a > new laptop. I have the Office 2003 installation CD but can't locate the > product key. How can I determine w...

Error 17092

need ide controller in laptop with only sata
I need to get some kind of PC card that will look like a real IDE controller and use the same addresses as either the primary or secondary channel on a PC with a built-in ide controller. I tried to use a PC card that was an eSATA controller connected to a SATA->PATA bridge, but a device connected to the bridge showed up in Device Manager as a SCSI disk. "richk" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ezAbdWOvKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need to get some kind of PC card that will look like a real IDE >controller and use the same addresses as ...

Create standard folders in all users mailboxes.
I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying archiving rules to a user's inbox, I want to create a standard folder that users can move their mail to so it can be archived. Im sure there is a way to create this folder for all users as well as ensure it stays there in the future (and for new users, etc) ... Any suggestions ? On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:29:01 -0800, "Mal.Harwood" <Mal.Harwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying >archiving rules to a user's inbox, I w...

Dynamics GP login should let users know when caps lock is on
A common issue we have with users is that they forget they have their Caps Lock on when they try to log into Microsoft Dynamics GP. Their login fails, and they call the system administrator for help. The login to the Windows operating sytem does warn when the caps lock is on and it would be nice to have this functionality in the next version of Dynamics GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the...

Email received but immediately disappears from one user to one receipient
I have a situation where email from one user within our domain, shows in the Inbox and preview, but immediately disappears. It is not in the Deleted Items or Junk Mail, and no rules are set. Emails from other users, within the domain and from outside, arrive fine. Messages is selected as the View. Others within the domain are receiving messages from the sender fine. I logged on to a different machine as the sender, sent an email, and the recipient received it correctly. This led me to believe that there may be a virus/spyware issue on the senders machine. After running multiple anti-spyw...

User Groups
Does anyone know where to find a good user group for CRM? I am particularly interested in a development user group discussing design strategies. Thank you, JT other than web message boards, this place is probably your best bet, many of us here develop our own apps for CRM, so ask away! -Gary "JT" <jttobin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:022801c3c1c4$73ba8420$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know where to find a good user group for > CRM? I am particularly interested in a development user > group discussing design strategies. > > Thank you, > JT ...

pc to Laptop
How can I copy my address book from my Pc to my new laptop. I am using Outlook 2000 on my PC and outlook 2002 on the laptop. I am connected between the 2 but dont know what file to transfer. Thanks in advance Export the Contact folder to pst file format and then import into Outlook 2002, depending on the mode of Outlook 2000 then you may have a *.pab file that holds addresses as well, this also can be imported straight into the Contact folder of Outlook 2002, the import/export command is on the File Menu of Outlook (not the address book) "Barbara" <balexan1@rochester.rr.com&...

Move users from one AD to another
I have about 600 users in one AD domain and I would like to move them to another domain in a separate forest. I have them all in one Exchange 2003 server currently but I'm removing that domain completely. Is it possible to move all the users in the OU to another Exchange 2003 server or do I have to reenter each user? I'm not concerned with the mailbox store, I just want to move the users. TIA Bobby bjanow@nospam.msn.com Look at Active Directory migration tool (ADMT 2.0). Another possibility is exporting all users to a flat file and importing to the new location using LDIFDE...

Why can't my user view data
I have two users - one is the manager of the other. They are both in the same Business Unit, of course. The manager has CEO role assigned to him. When the manager logs in, he does not see his employee's accounts, contacts, etc. even though his role gives him Organizational-level access to all data. However, when we run a list report, he is able to see all accounts, contacts, etc. Any ideas as to why he is not able to see all the records outside of reports? this is weird as the reporting system will show you what you have access to so i would expect the other CRM views to show...

CRM User Support
I'm a CRM user - resently went to 4.0. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there. Any interest in getting a user group together to share ideas/solutions to day-to-day tasks and problems? I'm hoping the group could meet somewhere in the Atlanta/Alpharetta area. There's a microsoft office in Alpharetta. Most recent problem - dulplicates self populating. Some historical activities placed on one and not the other contact. I'd also be interested in hands on training, not just the CRM 101 and what it can do - but a time when we could ask specific questions, seeking s...

SFO on Laptop accessing MSCRM on laptop
Is it possible to configure the SFO laptop client to the MSCRM server installed on a laptop? Hi Niths! Niths wrote: > Is it possible to configure the SFO laptop client to the MSCRM server > installed on a laptop? On the _same_ laptop? No, although Microsoft is preparing a white paper on how to install CRM-Server and Outlook-Client on one box (only for demonstration purposes). Cheers Arne Janning Hi Niths, You could install MS Virtual PC and create a virtual PC which pretends to be either the server or the client. This will work for demo purposes if your laptop's hardw...

ERROR: UNABLE TO DISPLAY THE FOLDER (INBOX ONLY)
Hi, can anyone please help? We are running Outlook 2000 and I have a user who's inbox cannot be displayed. All other folders i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Sent etc. folders can be viewed except for the Inbox. She has new messages in her inbox as displayed in the folder list, yet the error that is displayed when you click on the Inbox is: "Unable to display the folder" A bit of a long winded one, I know, but any advice would be appreciated. Exchange mailbox or pst-file? Can you view the folder in Outlook safe mode? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Mi...

Unable to find website
Is anybody else getting the error "unable to find download.microsoft.com... when they try to download security updates for Office 2004? Thanks, Ed On 12/23/06 1:02 PM, in article 1166907771.780284.20630@h40g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "edtopps@netscape.net" <edtopps@netscape.net> wrote: > Is anybody else getting the error "unable to find > download.microsoft.com... when they try to download security updates > for Office 2004? Thanks, Ed Here's some advice from another user: ----------------- If Comcast is the ISP provider they are having a problem wit...

Adding new smtp address to all users (800 users)
Our company is renaming itself so I need to add an extract doamin name to every user. Would I just export AD to a CSV and add the extract column and re-import it? In news:%23ZwOkfr7GHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > Our company is renaming itself so I need to add an extract doamin > name to every user. Would I just export AD to a CSV and add the > extract column and re-import it? Naw. If all you need to do is *add* a domain name for Internet mail, add it to your recipient policy (as the default SMTP address) and the mailboxes should inherit the ...

Installing Laptop Client on Multiple Laptops
I use 2 laptops. Latop 1 is for everyday use and laptop 2 is for travelling or client presentations. Can I install the CRM Laptop client on both laptops for my user account and mailbox. I thought that I saw that there can be only one offline database per user. Also, when setting up a new laptop, configuring my Exchange mailbox, and installing the CRM client, after synchronizing, all of my CRM contacts that were also in Outlook were duplicated. How can I prevent this from ocurring again. You can install the client on multiple machines for the same user, but only one will be "f...