Kerberos

Hello can any give me any clues on this?

I have removed domain and computer names.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Kerberos
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	3
Date:		30/10/2006
Time:		10:35:03
User:		N/A
Computer:	xxxxxxxxx
A Kerberos Error Message was received:
         on logon session
 Client Time:
 Server Time: 9:35:3.0000 10/30/2006 Z
 Error Code: 0x34 KRB_ERR_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG
 Extended Error:
 Client Realm:
 Client Name:
 Server Realm: xxxxxxxx
 Server Name: ldap/server.xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx
 Target Name: ldap/server.xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.LOC
 Error Text:
 File: 9
 Line: ae0
 Error Data is in record data.

Simon Skinner

0
Saraski (3)

Hi,

See if this helps:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=3&eventno=3536&source=Kerberos&phase=1

Leif

"Saraski" <Saraski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello can any give me any clues on this?
>
> I have removed domain and computer names.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Kerberos
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 3
> Date: 30/10/2006
> Time: 10:35:03
> User: N/A
> Computer: xxxxxxxxx
> A Kerberos Error Message was received:
>         on logon session
> Client Time:
> Server Time: 9:35:3.0000 10/30/2006 Z
> Error Code: 0x34 KRB_ERR_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG
> Extended Error:
> Client Realm:
> Client Name:
> Server Realm: xxxxxxxx
> Server Name: ldap/server.xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx
> Target Name: ldap/server.xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.LOC
> Error Text:
> File: 9
> Line: ae0
> Error Data is in record data.

> Simon Skinner

Kerberos
Hello can any give me any clues on this? I have removed domain and computer names. Event Type: Error Event Source: Kerberos Event Category: None Event ID: 3 Date: 30/10/2006 Time: 10:35:03 User: N/A Computer: xxxxxxxxx Description: A Kerberos Error Message was received: on logon session Client Time: Server Time: 9:35:3.0000 10/30/2006 Z Error Code: 0x34 KRB_ERR_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG Extended Error: Client Realm: Client Name: Server Realm: xxxxxxxx Server Name: ldap/server.xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx Target Name: ldap/server.xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.LOC Error Text: File: 9 L...

Kerberos problem (NO EMAILS)
I am having a bad time here. I believe it all started when by accident the kerberos account krbtgt was deleted (it was disable before), but after I deleted no more email can be sent out and we get no email in, not even internal mail is working! So I resintalled SMTP protocol, no help. I changed the DNS server IP, no help. I rebooted the server, restart services... nothing Now I am reinstalling exchange but since I had SP2 instalelled it did not let me... Its getting worst, now I do not even recive a NDR from anywhere. PLEASE HELP ME OUT Call PSS (Microsoft Product Support Services). The New...

Kerberos / Exchange 2003
I am migrating from Exch 5.5 to 2003. Outlook 2003 users work w/Exch 5.5 but when their mailboxes are converted to Exch 2003, they get messages that the server is unavailble and slow responese. Prob is that clients' Outlook security is set to the default of "Kerberos/NTLM Password Authentication". When change it to "Password Authentication (NTLM)", it works. Why? We're running A/D in native mode. What am I missing, where? Thanks! ...

login prompt after enabling kerberos authentication
Hi, we have enabled keberos authentication in our sharepoint farm. After enabling kerberos, every time we open the site, it prompts for username and password. Once entered it works fine. Is there a way to disable this prompt? i went thru technotes and have done all configurations mentioned like client using integrated windows authentication etc. Thanks and Regards, Rohit Agrawal Hi Rahul, Can you provide some more information regarding this issue, such as details from the sharepoint log files which identifies the request context, how the SPN's are set up and how delegati...

Problems with Kerberos
To get more detailed information I enabled Kerberos logging and this is what I get: A Kerberos Error Message was received: on logon session Client Time: Server Time: 13:46:44.0000 4/27/2010 Z Error Code: 0xd KDC_ERR_BADOPTION Extended Error: 0xc00000bb KLIN(0) Client Realm: Client Name: Server Realm: DOMAIN.LOCAL Server Name: host/dru001.domain.local Target Name: host/dru001.domain.local@DOMAIN.LOCAL Error Text: File: 9 Line: b22 Error Data is in record data. I'm getting quite a lot of these accompanied by : Pre-authentication failed: User N...

Report Access not Kerberos perhaps IIS or Security
This is the Debug Info from DevErrors=On. The problem occurs when any user (except when on server itself) accesses Reports or System Settings. Any information on how to sort this much appreciated. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Detai...

Intermittent issues with CRM and Kerberos
Hello, our current configuration is CRM app server sql 2005 server and sql 2005 SRS server. Our issue is that intermittenly some users will get 401 errors when trying to run reports and we see that the kerberos ticket for the CRM server is gone Any help would be greatly appreciated Richard Tracy We are experiencing the exact same situation. Has the issue been solved at your side? "Richard Tracy" wrote: > Hello, our current configuration is CRM app server sql 2005 server and sql > 2005 SRS server. Our issue is that intermittenly some users will get 401 > erro...

Kerberos ticket and CIFS
When checking the kerberos tickets on an SBS 2003 server I noticed that it's got cifs/clientcomputername/domain.local@... What's that for and should it be there? yaro On Dec 3, 11:41=A0am, yaro137 <yaro...@googlemail.com> wrote: > When checking the kerberos tickets on an SBS 2003 server I noticed > that it's got cifs/clientcomputername/domain.local@... > What's that for and should it be there? > yaro Apparently cifs is the same what SMB and that ticket that I found means that at some point some share was accesses via unc from the server on that c...

Kerberos service fails
I've just installed the 4 most recent Critical Updates on our Exch200 server running Server 2003. Upon reboot, I got the message that on or more services failed to start. The first one was Kerberos Event ID 5 with description "The kerberos clien received a KRB_AP_ERR_TKT_NYVerror from the server host/servername.domain.org This indicates that the ticket used against that server is not yet valid (in relationship to that server time).Contact your system administrator to make sure the client and server timesare in sync, and that the KDC i realm ourdomain.ORG is in sync with the KDC in...

outlook / kerberos issues
reposted with some more info: Hi, Getting sporadic problems on my Exchange 2000 SP3 / 2000 SP4. Some users can't log on at all using Outlook 2003 on xp (so far only that combination that's affected). It hangs and eventually gives up saying that it can't connect to the server as it might be down. Other people work fine. No errors are logged on the client, and the only thing I can see on the server is the following: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1233 Description: An error occurred. Function name or description of problem: Fi...

Exchange 2003 Settings for Entourage Kerberos Authentication
Does anyone know the Exchange settings (Exchange 2003) we need to enable to ensure Kerberos and Entourage work effectively? We can change to Kerberos authentication in the Account settings OK (see exception below), but when we try to access Public folders and the Directory Services (GAL), the access is denied. The error returned when we try to access Directory Services is: http error. Access to the resource has not been authorized. The error returned when we try to access Public Folders is: This exchange server does not use Kerberos authentication. Click OK to turn off Kerbe...

sharepoint kerberos authentication
Hello all, I got little knowledge in Kerberos authentication could Please answer below questions would be very helpful for me... 1. WHAT ARE THE SPN'S REQUIRED ON THE DOMAIN FOR THE FOLLOWING SHAREPOINT SERVICES: EXCEL SERVICES REPORTING SERVICES PERFORMANCE POINT 2. BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE PROCESS OF ENABLING KERBEROS AND APPLYING THESE SPN'S 3. HOW WOULD YOU TEST TO ENSURE ALL THE ABOVE SERVICES ARE WORKING ------=_NextPart_0001_F5DBA93C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Yakub, Please find answers to your questions inline. ...

Office 2004 Kerberos?
Does anyone from Microsoft or the beta team know if Office 2004 will offer Kerberos v5 support? I know there are many college campuses and businesses that rely on Kerberos for security with the e-mail. Personally I have to use Entourage for all e-mail except my college mail because of the lack of Kerberos support. Thanks! Hi It's too soon to know the future, as it has not happened yet. It would be a good idea to send your suggestion to Microsoft requesting Kerberos support for Office 2004. You can let Microsoft know your suggestion by submitting it to this web site: http://www.micros...

Kerberos password trouble
Hello Here is the situation Account Admin with admin mailbox Account Test with test mailbox In the admin profil, i created 2 outlook profil one for admin and one for mailbox. When i log in admin no pb of authentification When i log in test ....if NTLM/Kerberos is checked i have to type my password If only kerberos is checked i'm caught in a loop asking my password. Till 1 week ago i had no problem in this configuration. Does anyone has a clue how i can log to the test mailbox in the admin account without habing to retype my pass every time i start outlook like i used to be ??? TY ...

Kerberos authentication issue
Hi, I have followed the MS Support Article 917818 instructions to enable Kerberos authentication support in CRM to allow use of host headers on the website, but I am still getting the exact same issue - a 401.1 Unauthorised error message. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Cheers Richard Have you set up an SPN between the IIS and SQL servers? "Richard Price" wrote: > Hi, > > I have followed the MS Support Article 917818 instructions to enable > Kerberos authentication support in CRM to allow use of host headers on > the website, but I am still getti...

Max Paged Pool Memory Vs Kerberos TokenSize -issue
We have a couple of Exchange servers (E2003 on W2003) with several thousands of mailboxes and a few times we have run into the problem of memory depletion due to the cached Kerberos tokens. The servers have 4 gigs of memory and we are using the "/3GB and /USERVA = 3030" -options in boot.ini. I understand (correct me if I am wrong) that using the "/3GB and /USERVA = 3030" -options reduces the maximum paged pool size to 245 MB and that's where the cached tokens reside. I was wondering whether I could use the "PagedPoolSize" registry value (in hklm/Curren...

Kerberos Authentication issue.... maybe?
G/day forum, I want to deploy OWA as a front-end application on a DMZ. AD exists in a 172.16.2.0/16 environment and I've my OWA server set up on a 192.168.8.0/24 network. Firstly, will I encounter difficulty with the subnet mask on each network? Should they both be 16 bit masks? Secondly, the server will be authenticating with an Active Directory controller (Windows 2000 Server SP3). To date what I've done is as follows: Installed Windows 2000 Server SP4 Set up the Server with IP address of 192.168.8.2 with a default Class C mask, gateway of 192.168.8.1 (which is a dedicated PIX i...

Kerberos and Integrated Windows authentication
We have WSS 2.0 and Ex2k3 on one physical server. In order to get OWA working I had to go through the exercise in this document: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823265 We want our people to use OWA through SSL. https://myEx2k3.myCompany.com/exchange works fine. However, we don't want to inconvenience our people by forcing them to use "https" in order to get into SharePoint. Can this be done? Thank you. ...

Can internet side ISA to internal SSL web sever be proxied with Kerberos Protocol translation to exchange OWA on a different server?
In a Windows 2003 domain. With Exchage 2003 and ISA 2000. Is it possible to have internet web connection from ISA go to internal IIS web server that has SSL, then proxy that connection to internal Exchange Server OWA. In other words use the existing web server's certificate to force authentication for web client and set up a proxy for web access between web server and Exchange OWA which is located on a different box then the IIS web server. SSL credentials could be passed with Kerberos protocol translation to Exchange OWA This would be for a non-production, small test domain use...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

Communication between FE and Client (Kerberos vs NTLM)
All communication between our Front End server and Clients (Outlook and OWA) shows up as following in event (security) log: Logon Process: NtLmSsp Authentication Package: NTLM As far as my understanding is concerned, this should all be Kerberos so how come NTLM is used instead. I have integrated authentication enabled. The trafiic between FE and BE servers is all kerberos. On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:52:17 -0700, Feddie <Feddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The trafiic between FE and BE servers is all kerberos. As far as I'm aware, all communication between a FE and BE ...

Outlook client and a kerberos problem
I install the outlook client and it did not show me any problem but when I open outlook and try to open CRM tap, it shows me an error messages (with no revelevant information - an error ocurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality). At the application log I can see several errors - from two different origins: Origin : MSCRMAddressBook Origin : MSCRMAddIn And at the system log, I see the following error. The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/crmserver."our domain". This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service t...

crm 3.0 kerberos issue
Hi all- Problem i have is that when users are logged in to crm webclient, using the alias (http://crm) of the server in the address bar, they will eventually be prompted for their logon credentials. This logon prompt does not happen when they fire up crm, so it appears that integrated windows authentication is initially working. However, after a period of time (random- can be less than an hour, or more than an hour), they will then be prompted for their credentials. However, if the users access crm via the netbios name of the server (http://CRMSERVER:5555) they can work all day with no proble...

computer locking up preceded by kerberos error
I have a laptop running vista home premium. When left idle it locks up, (meaning no key strokes are accepted, except power button shutdown). Event viewer shows the following error each time this has happened. Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. Previous threads on this forum show this error not to be a concern, but this event shows up each time the computer has locked up. Laptop is running off a wireless network, Linksys wireless N network. It happened both at home and at a college campus where I work. -- cmaz -----------...

Win2k8 R2 DC kerberos errors
Added a few win2k8 R2 DC into a Win2k3 domain. Got lots of kerberos errors with event ID 4771, 4769 on these new R2 DCs. Can't find much information on the errors. Can someone advice? Thanks. Hello chris, With Windows server 2008 and higher OS some Kerberos enhancements where made and this auditing options are new where earlier OS versions can't work with. See here for details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749438(WS.10).aspx Check this article to reverse the Kerberos auditing if needed: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736727(WS.10)....