KB912442 causes error

We have tried to apply KB912442 to Exchange 2000 sp3, but after installing
Outlook cannot connect and opening the First Storage Group gives an error
'c1041721, The action could not be completed because the Microsoft
Information Store service is unavailable'.  The Information store service
appears to be running in Services, but there are some events such as 9175
from MSExchangeSA.
After removing the update everything works again.  What can I do to install
this update successfully?

0
FR1 (6)

I would reapply the patch and try the solutions outlined in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=274534 .  If you experience the error even
after trying this solution, call PSS to document it as a known issue and get
support.

Regards,
Mark Angell

"FR" wrote:

> We have tried to apply KB912442 to Exchange 2000 sp3, but after installing
> Outlook cannot connect and opening the First Storage Group gives an error
> 'c1041721, The action could not be completed because the Microsoft
> Information Store service is unavailable'.  The Information store service
> appears to be running in Services, but there are some events such as 9175
> from MSExchangeSA.
> After removing the update everything works again.  What can I do to install
> this update successfully?

Hi FR,

You need to check two values in AD to see if they are set for this server
.... and if they are set you need to clear them.  Here are directions for
checking that.

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Windows 2000 Support Tools,
point to
Tools, and then click ADSI Edit.
2. Locate the following Active Directory container:
CN=InformationStore, CN= YourServer, CN=Servers,
CN=YourAdministrativeGroup,CN=Administrative Groups, CN= YourOrganization,
CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=Services, CN=Configuration, DC= YourDomain,DC=com

To locate this item, double-click each of the following objects to expand
them:
Configuration Container
CN=Configuration
CN=Services
CN=Microsoft Exchange
CN= Your Organization Name
CN=Administrative Groups
CN= Your AdministrativeGroup
CN=Servers
CN= Your Server Name
3. Right-click CN=Information Store, and then click Properties.
4. Click the Attributes tab.
5. In the Select which properties to view box, click Both.
6. In the Select a property to view box, click msExchMaxThreads.
7. Click Clear, and then click Apply.
8. In the Select a property to view box, click msExchMinimumThreads .
9. Click Clear, and then click Apply.
10. Click Exit on the Console menu to quit ADSI Edit.
11. Restart the Exchange Information Store service.

After clearing these values you should be able to apply ms06-029 with out
any problems.

Hope this Helps,
--
Matthew Byrd [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"FR" <FR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have tried to apply KB912442 to Exchange 2000 sp3, but after installing
> Outlook cannot connect and opening the First Storage Group gives an error
> 'c1041721, The action could not be completed because the Microsoft
> Information Store service is unavailable'.  The Information store service
> appears to be running in Services, but there are some events such as 9175
> from MSExchangeSA.
> After removing the update everything works again.  What can I do to
> install
> this update successfully?

0
matbyrd (120)
6/26/2006 6:48:59 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU -
I have been dealing with this all day and could not find any information
until your post =

"FR" wrote:

> We have tried to apply KB912442 to Exchange 2000 sp3, but after installing
> Outlook cannot connect and opening the First Storage Group gives an error
> 'c1041721, The action could not be completed because the Microsoft
> Information Store service is unavailable'.  The Information store service
> appears to be running in Services, but there are some events such as 9175
> from MSExchangeSA.
> After removing the update everything works again.  What can I do to install
> this update successfully?

0
M (187)

Too many cell formats error
I am receiving a "too many cell formats" error, which is preventing me from doing almost anything with the spreadsheet we are working on. Deleteing current formatting is not an option. Is anyone aware of a way to increase this limit or other ways to solve this problem ???? ...

linking tables error
when trying to link to access projects together, i get this error #3011... anyone know what it means, or where i can go to find out more? (i did a google search, but got back mostly Microsoft jiberish UGH!) ...

Office 2008 causes A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari."
Since installing Office 2008 and updating to the latest version I get the following error in Safari (not Office): A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari" I have tried first aid on the keychain but that didn't help. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks, Howard. I just installed Office 2008 myself and am now getting the same Safari Keychain error message. Being a new Mac user, I don't know enough about Keychains to have a clue. Gene ...

debugging error message: security setting prohibit running Active X controls
Please help me. I have a window appearing all the time when I open up a new e-mail message to send to someone after I went and got help from my DELL support team. The message window that pops up is "Your current security settings prohibit runnings security settings on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. What can I do ? At this time I cannot send a picture that's in my signature in outgoing e-mails. Sincerely, Vince :( ...

Due date and time on activity does not cause a reminder
When I set a due date and time on an activity, ie. phonecall, there is no reminder for this. Is it possible to change this so that I get a reminder. Mattias Kyhlan: The CRM SFO Client is the only component that allows Activity reminders, since it lies overtop of Outlook Activity forms. Activities native to CRM (Phone Calls, Letters and Faxes) do not have reminder features in v1.2. I have not heard that reminders for CRM web Client activities will be include in the v2.0 release, but one can hope. There are some ISVs out there that that have "Reminder" features, but I can'...

error viewing public folder properties
We migrated from 5.5 to 2003 a few months ago. Currently still technically running in mixed mode since I've been unable to successfully go through the steps of switching to native mode however 5.5 is no longer in service. Today, I am trying to view the properties on any of the public folders on the Exchge 2003 using the system manager and I receive an error: "The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found." Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager What is this? I need to be able to mail-enable a particular public folder but can...

Ungrouping EMF file causes shapes to be distorted.
Hi, exported a shapefile from Arcmap as a .emf and then imported it into Excel. when I try to ungroup it, all the shapes don't fit together anymore, they all shift a little bit. does anybody know why it's doing this? Thanks, Michael Shaffer ...

Skype causes bluescreen minidump
After installing an 02 air card stick, whenever I use Skype & try to re-start the 02 Mobile Partner, I get a bluescreen minidump error. If I un-install Skype I can re-start the 02 but sometimes still get the bluescreen for several tries. I've also had problems "windows cannot connect" with some wifi connections even though I had the correct password. Thanks for your help! -- Magicrose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Magicrose's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/260810.htm View this thread: http://forums...

Exchange 2003 Error 1023
Dear all, this message is appearing in my application log on backend server lot of times, as stated by microsoft in this artcle (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Exchange&ProdVer=6.5.7596.0&EvtID=9320&EvtSrc=MSExchangeSA&LCID=1033) "This event indicates an occasional timing error caused by not locking mailbox during use. This error can be safely ignored unless you get these errors very frequently. This rule is disabled by default." This is not my case, anyway it's not showed any path to follow whenever you find the ...

Meeting requests cause bounced email
Is there some exchange setting which allows all meeting requests to be carbon-copied to a specific user? Everyone at work keeps getting bounce backs from an ex-employee everytime they create a meeting request. I checked that users mailbox settings and he's not in any groups and no seems to be forwarding his or her mail to him. This is really weird and my searches haven't brought anything up. Any ideas? Delegates? Alternate Recipient? brada@tetradata.com wrote: > Is there some exchange setting which allows all meeting requests to be > carbon-copied to a specific user? Eve...

install error #2349
I upgraded my hard drive and needed to reinstall Publisher 2000 - when I try it goes so far and then the error statement (error #2349) appears and I am unable to finish installation. Hi Lillian (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I upgraded my hard drive and needed to reinstall || Publisher 2000 - when I try it goes so far and then the || error statement (error #2349) appears and I am unable to || finish installation. Try the following kb: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302399 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Pu...

unknown cause of PC "Ignore Shutdown"
My Win XP (3) was humming along one minute and on the next it froze. All efforts to regain its use, failed. I restored and looked for cause. The result of "sc query" at the command promt brought two pages of: Display Name Norton Unerase Protechtion Type: 110 Win 32 Own Process 4 running C Stoppable, Not Pausable Ignore Shutdown Some of the other Displays: NSvc Log , PLFlash Device Control Service, Plug Play, Pmls Driver, Police Agent, Protective Service, Protective Storage, etc. Prior to this problem I installed no new programs, received no up-dates (knowingly), made n...

Importing sample company
I am running GP 10 on SQLServer 2005. I was provided a sample company (not Fabrikam) to import for testing purposes. I was able to import the sample data via SQL Management Studio without any errors. I then ran the text file to update the company sql code for company ID. When I go to open the new company in GP 10, I am getting a variety of errors such as "A Get/Change first operation on table "PA_Timesheet_SETP" cannot find the table". I get a similar error with some other tables and just click through them. After GP 10 opens the sample company, I open a customer ...

Error ID: ox800CCCOE
I haven't been able to send email for a few days: The connection to the server has failed Server: SMTP.comcast.net Error ID: ox800CCCOE Protocol: SMTP Port 25 Secure (SSL) No Socket error: 10060 It's a new computer with Windows 7, and the email worked fine for the first week. What happened? Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. How do I set up/configure Outlook Express for Comcast email? http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288 Applies to WLMail as well. -- Bruce Hagen ...

Exchange Calendar update tool = unable to find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005
When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the following message "Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005". I have given my user account full permissions to each exchange store. What else could be causing this problem? alos how do i grant exchange view only admin, exchange full admin, and send as rights to my user account manullay. This script is not working for me? thanks "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23AssN4YYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the follow...

Reminder errors
Hello, I have the following error from one of the office computers "There was a problem ready one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. The file \\Evrsvr\Personal\Pam\Outlook\backup.pst could not be accessed". After this message occurs they are kicked out of Business Vision. They just restart the app and it works fine for another couple of hours.The for no reason it doews it again. There are 12 stations and was only happening on the one computer until last night a second computer got the same error and kicked thm out of Business vision. I have tried th...

Syntax error converting a string to a datetime
when i select the opción "Shipped" in the windows of trasnfer in-transit inventory Dynamics GP 10 in spanish send me the follow error: Syntax error converting a string to a datetime It might be something with your date format, make sure that the client and server has the same date format. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Consulta" <Consulta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:847A8A32-430D-454B-A707-7FBC741FFB38@microsoft.c...

stringID keeps giving error
I have a stringID that keeps giving me this error: .... .rc (423): error RC2104 : undefined keyword or key name: NoMeGusta Error executing rc.exe. I delete it and try again with the same results. The only thing I can think of that might have given me trouble is that I think I typed this ID into my ..rc2 file (I don't understand this file is for) to see what would happen, since it carries this comment: // Add manually edited resources here... When nothing seemed to happen, I removed the entry from the .rc2 file. Before I was getting the error, I was getting no return on .LoadString. ...

SecurityException error
when i run workflow manger This error appear : " The operation reguired the securityException " ...

What causes #######
What causes ####### to display into infinity. I know normally when this happens it means the column width is not correct, but what I am getting is one that auto colmn resizing has no effect on. The cell causing the problem is E5 it is formatted Custom h:mm with the formula =D4-C5 D5 and C5 is formatted General and when a value is entered such as 845 it changes to 8:45:00 AM with a fomat of Custom h:mm:ss AM/PM I do not want the formatting of D5 or C5 to be altered as it is very convient to enter 845 to display the time for example. Anyone got some idea what is happening h...

::DestroyWindow() causes a 'bong' sound?
Hiya In my app's overridden CMainFrame::OnClose() function, I call the base class's CMDIFrameWnd::OnClose(). For some reason or another, I get a system alert sound ('bong') when it runs. I traced the code as far as a call to ::DestroyWindow(), but can go no further. Why does it make the sound? I'm guessing that it's complaining about something, but I've no idea what. There are no clues in the 'Output' pane, and the documentation doesn't give any clues. Regards, --Jon http://www.witchspace.com CMainFrame is usually derived from CFrameWnd so...

run macro error, please help
Dear advance excel user: I had a small vb macro, try to solve 2 qadratic eq with 2 variable ---------------------------------------------------------------- Sub Macro1() 'To run a macro in Excel, you must set the Solver reference in VBA/Tools/References 'sets variables cells, there is not objective in your system of nonlinear equations ret = SolverOk(MaxMinVal:=1, ValueOf:="0", ByChange:="$E$7:$F$7") 'adds constraints. ret = SolverAdd(CellRef:="$E$9:$E$10", Relation:=2, FormulaText:="$F$9:$F$10") 'solves proble...

I cannot see the syntax error
Hi, Error 3134 Syntax error in INSERT INTO str1 = ParseWord(Me![Contact Name], 1) str2 = ParseWord(Me![Contact Name], -1) strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] " _ & " VALUES (" & str1 & ", " & str2 & ")" _ & " WHERE [CustID] = " & Me![CustID] Debug.Print strsql DBEngine(0)(0).Execute strsql, dbFailOnError Print out is INSERT...

FRx error messages
I've recently installed FRx 6.5 and got the ocs self-registration error messages. I've downloaded and installed the fix as per the kb. Now I'm getting the following error. FRx Desktop Run-time error '53' File not found: QPRO32.DLL Any ideas what I can try next? ------=_NextPart_0001_31B0BD37 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Pauline, Thanks for your FRx question. KB 857772 covers the error message that you are experiencing. Please follow the steps listed in the KB article the resolve the error. Thanks, David Treleaven Microsoft Online...

What is causing this?
My husband has Windows XP Home with Outlook Express. For some time now, Outlook Express has been automatically adding email addresses to his address book from everyone including spammers. I have checked the settings and they are no different than on my computer and mine works as it should. I have scanned for visurs, spyware, and malware but haven't found anything. What is causing this and how do I correct it? Tools | Options | Send. Uncheck: "Automatically put people I reply to..............". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Be...