KB817809 - e2k3 public folder ipm.note/ipm.post issue

Howdy all,

Does anyone happen to have the hotfix for Exchange2k3 referred to in the
above KB article?
I just dropped a note to MS to see about getting the hotfix sent to me, but
I really need to get the problem taken care of ASAP and it'd be much quicker
to just be able to download it/get it sent to me from somewhere.

This is in reference to the fact that there's no non-3rd party method of
getting non-MAPI email sent to public folders to display as ipm.note rather
than ipm.post.

TIA,

Jeremy

Call MS - tell them you are having the exact problem listed in that KB.
They will email you the update at no charge.

--
Nick Cavalancia
MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI
"Jeremy" <dontbother@someplacethatdoesntexist.net> wrote in message
> Howdy all,
>
> Does anyone happen to have the hotfix for Exchange2k3 referred to in the
> above KB article?
> I just dropped a note to MS to see about getting the hotfix sent to me,
but
> I really need to get the problem taken care of ASAP and it'd be much
quicker
> to just be able to download it/get it sent to me from somewhere.
>
> This is in reference to the fact that there's no non-3rd party method of
> getting non-MAPI email sent to public folders to display as ipm.note
rather
> than ipm.post.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jeremy

0
nickc1 (118)
2/25/2004 4:06:00 AM
I can only second Nick's suggestion.

I've applied the same hotfix to my 4 Exchange servers. Called Microsoft and
got the hotfix 2 minutes after I spoke with them, so that's the way to do it
:-)

Martin Moustgaard

"Jeremy" <dontbother@someplacethatdoesntexist.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> Howdy all,
>
> Does anyone happen to have the hotfix for Exchange2k3 referred to in the
> above KB article?
> I just dropped a note to MS to see about getting the hotfix sent to me,
but
> I really need to get the problem taken care of ASAP and it'd be much
quicker
> to just be able to download it/get it sent to me from somewhere.
>
> This is in reference to the fact that there's no non-3rd party method of
> getting non-MAPI email sent to public folders to display as ipm.note
rather
> than ipm.post.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jeremy

GREAT advice.
Thanks a lot, gang.
Three minutes and I had the hotfix sent to me.

Guess all my fears of 45 holdtimes were somewhat unfounded.
Woohoo

Thanks,

Jeremy

"Martin Moustgaard" <nospam_moustrup@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I can only second Nick's suggestion.
>
> I've applied the same hotfix to my 4 Exchange servers. Called Microsoft
and
> got the hotfix 2 minutes after I spoke with them, so that's the way to do
it
> :-)
>
> Martin Moustgaard
>

> "Jeremy" <dontbother@someplacethatdoesntexist.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > Does anyone happen to have the hotfix for Exchange2k3 referred to in the
> > above KB article?
> > I just dropped a note to MS to see about getting the hotfix sent to me,
> but
> > I really need to get the problem taken care of ASAP and it'd be much
> quicker
> > to just be able to download it/get it sent to me from somewhere.
> >
> > This is in reference to the fact that there's no non-3rd party method of
> > getting non-MAPI email sent to public folders to display as ipm.note
> rather
> > than ipm.post.
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Jeremy

That's good to hear :-)

Actuately I've applied for several non-public hotfixes over time and every
time Microsoft have responded quickly and I don't recall spending more than
5 minutes on hold when getting through to a person.

> GREAT advice.
> Thanks a lot, gang.
> Three minutes and I had the hotfix sent to me.
>
> Guess all my fears of 45 holdtimes were somewhat unfounded.
> Woohoo
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy
>
> "Martin Moustgaard" <nospam_moustrup@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I can only second Nick's suggestion.
> >
> > I've applied the same hotfix to my 4 Exchange servers. Called Microsoft
> and
> > got the hotfix 2 minutes after I spoke with them, so that's the way to
do
> it
> > :-)
> >
> > Martin Moustgaard
> >

> > "Jeremy" <dontbother@someplacethatdoesntexist.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> > > Howdy all,
> > >
> > > Does anyone happen to have the hotfix for Exchange2k3 referred to in
the
> > > above KB article?
> > > I just dropped a note to MS to see about getting the hotfix sent to
me,
> > but
> > > I really need to get the problem taken care of ASAP and it'd be much
> > quicker
> > > to just be able to download it/get it sent to me from somewhere.
> > >
> > > This is in reference to the fact that there's no non-3rd party method
of
> > > getting non-MAPI email sent to public folders to display as ipm.note
> > rather
> > > than ipm.post.
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > >
> > > Jeremy

Unable to delete a public folder.
Hello, I am unable to delete a public folder. Details are as follows: I am the administrator I do have owner rights I have checked directory rights (checked in exchange) I have checked administrator rights (checked in exchange) I have gone into advanced to confirm I am the owner (checked in exchange) I can rename it I can't move it (copies but does not remove itself) I am running win2000, with exchange 2000. Client is outlook2000. thanks in advance. ...

Personal folders??
HI I use hotmail for my email account and have installed outlook xp. I am tryin to add my hotmail account to outlook but its installing under a new mail box (hotmail). Is there anyway I can use the personal folders rather than the new hotmail main folder? No. Hotmail needs it's own folder set. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ...

Undeleted Public Folder
Hi there We need some help with our Exchange 2000 Server Our secretary deleted the our public adress book folder - we have no backup since 4 month We tried all possible tricks to recover but nothing helps we copied the public - edb, stm after the deletion to have the files for recovery we looked into the pub.edb and searched for the public folder where our adresses was stored and we found it - but no tool or something could display it or recover it If anyone could help us - would be great Andreas -- In news:eJdT2JeBGHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Andreas Wruhs <andreas.wruhs...

Scroll bar in Notes?
Hi all, Is there a way to configure the sticky notes in Outlook (2003) so that a vertical scroll bar displays when appropriate? As it is now. there's really no way to know if there's more text in the note than what displays in the note as it is sized. I looked under Tools> Options > Preferences > Notes, but there's nothing relevant there. Thanks, phideaux phideaux <phideaux> wrote: > Is there a way to configure the sticky notes in Outlook (2003) so > that a vertical scroll bar displays when appropriate? > As it is now. there's really no way to kn...

HELP
HELP!!! I really have no idea about computers and I have a major problem with Outlook Express. My flatmate deleted my computer account accidently and it seemed that i lost everything. Fortunately we were able to recover all my data files - however when I got back onto Outlook Express all my address book contacts and e- mails had disappeared. I was able to recover my contacts by doing a search of *.wab however i have no idea where i can get all my emails and inbox sub folders back. If anyone can help - I will be oh so very grateful. Please help! I have very important e-mails missing...

auto send/receive issue
Under tools and uptions and Mail Setup, I've got the box checked "send immediately when connected". But still, this person needs to hit the send/receive button. Any hints on what might be going on? Bryce. Hints? You first. The hints we would need is your Outlook version, mail account type, connection type and automatic polling settings. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O0ZAatTGFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Under tools and uptions and Mail Setup, I've got the box checked "send > immed...

Create task in Outlook folder
I am using Access 2007 to create tasks in Outlook 2007. That works fine except for one thing. I cannot find the right keyword for folder or subdirectory. I have organized my tasks in different folder and want to put the tasks I am creating in Access in the right folder. Here is the testcode I am working with so far: Sub MakeOutlookTask() Dim OutlookApp As Outlook.Application Dim OutlookTask As Outlook.TaskItem Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutlookTask = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olTaskItem) With OutlookTask .Subject = "Fjerde O...

Attaching a 'Notes' Window when Clicking in a CSliderCtrl
Hello everyone, I am trying to create a CSliderCtrl in a dialog. I want to provide the following ability: When the SliderCtrl is clicked, a small Edit box/Dialog should pop up (Like Post-It Notes) with Save and Cancel Options and the user should be able to write stuff to it. Can anyone suggest a good way of accomplishing this? Thank you. This is a bit tricky. For example, if you are "clicking" on a slider control, the focus is on the slider control. If you switch the focus to an edit control, the slider control loses focus and you can't click it again, because the edit contr...

IMF and public folders
As I understand, IMF doesn`t support public folders. Are there any workaround for this, or do the public folders just have to live with all the spam? no, IMF supports all inbound mail regardless of where the address's mailbox resides. "jering" <jering@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AECCB32-02A3-4231-A220-086B784BCB0F@microsoft.com... > As I understand, IMF doesn`t support public folders. Are there any workaround > for this, or do the public folders just have to live with all the spam? Ok, then it`s the junk mail folder which isn`t supported o...

Converting Lotus Notes mails to Outlook mail
I have backup of mails from Lotus Notes saved as nsf files. How can I convert these mails so as to be read from Outlook? Is there any way or any software available? I have downloaded a few softwares but all of them require Lotus Notes to be installed on my computer. I don't have lotus Notes on my computer but only back of data as nsf files. is there any solution to this problem? Thanks arshad235@yahoo.com wrote: > I have backup of mails from Lotus Notes saved as nsf files. How can I > convert these mails so as to be read from Outlook? Is there any way or > any software available...

Public Folder Emails dont change to 'MARK AS READ'
hi, For mails in public folders, when we 1)read for over X secs or 2) open it; it is still being marked as unread in bold. (not unless we manually right click and mark as read) Is there a way to ensure it will get marked as READ if we open it, reply to it? many thanks alan just to edit, even if we right click and mark as READ, it will still remain unread any advice, seems like a permission issue? any comments? "Alan" <alanlwk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23oRYCWSSGHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, > > For mails in public folders, when we 1)r...

how to retrieve deleted public folder?
i accidentally deleted a public folder from outlook, i do have admin rights to the exchange server, both version 2000, but i cannot find how i can retrieve it, do i have to restore the whole set of data in exchange? PLEASE HELP! ...

Public folders as primary contact depository
I have a client who uses their public folders (exchange 5.5 with outlook 2003) as their main depository of contact. however, when they save a contact it defaults to their personal mailbox contacts (then they manually transfer the contact over to the Public Folders). Is there a way to make it so that when they save, it defaults to saving in the Public Folders Contacts? Add the Public Folder to your Favorites. Then in Address Book choose Tools-> Options... to set it as the default location to store your contacts in. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mon...

Linked Heirachal Public calendars
Is there a way to setup a Master Public Calendar with sub public calendars underneath? To explain - when an appointment is added to the top level calendar this will appear automatically in sub public calendars and appointments added to the sub calendars only appear in that calendar. This would enable top level managers to say schedule a public meeting for whole organisation and departments beneath will see it in their own department calendar, rather than having to view multple public calendars. Thanks That would require custom code. If you can buy such a thing, it'd probably be ...

Public folder store with no public folder tree
I'm working on an Exchange 2003 Server, SP1 that has a public folder store with no public folder tree. The story I was told was that they created a sample store and a tree to get familiar with public folders, and then wanted and tried to delete it. I don't know what they really did. The store obviously doesn't mount, as there is no public folder tree. And since it will not mount, the backups will not truncate logs with the existance of an unmounted store. You can not delete this public folder store. If you try to recreate the public folder tree using the name used when ...

How to use Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool with multiple users
Hi... I've downloaded the Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool and have installed it on a machine for myself. There are multiple profiles on this machine, but they don't have the "backup" option in their outlook. If they try to install, it recognizes that the tool is already installed and wants to unistall it (which I assume will remove it from my profile). How do I get this tool to work for each user's outlook on a single PC? Thanks! Randy ...

OLE Notes
I'm upgrading to GP 7.5 and I'm getting a message saying that Great Plains needs a share directory to store your OLE notes. Can anyone tell me where to configure the share directory? Thanks Jeff... It is referring to a shared directory on the network. You can go to a server that you want to hold the OLENotes folders (probably where you have the server installed) and create a new folder. Share the folder and set proper permissions for you environment. Go back to the client computer and map a drive to that share. Now in Great Plains go in and give it that new mapped driv...

Create a search folder to look at all emails in one folder and selected criteria in other folders
Hi! Is is possible to create a search folder that shows ALL the email in the Inbox while only showing the unread email is other folders and subfolders? I would like to use this as a modified Inbox. Thanks, PJW I don't think you can do that since a search folder only allows one set of criteria. <phil.whitacre@cox.net> wrote in message news:1144603155.163778.133800@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi! > > Is is possible to create a search folder that shows ALL the email in > the Inbox while only showing the unread email is other folders and > subfolders? I wou...

Public Folder Replication #15
hi there. I have an issue with Public Folders not replicating between Win2K SP4 Exch5.5 SP4 and Win2K3 Ex2003 SP1 servers. This is part of a migration from 5.5 to 2003. The folder hierarchy has replicated between the servers. I haven't migrated the system folders yet though. pfmigrate states that there are no folders left that do not have replicas on both servers. About 90% of the PF's have replicated over successfully, and in Folder REplication status, report as In Sync on both sides. About 1% of the folders have synced partially. The remaining folders have not synced at all...

Public Investment
Of course I thought this was ridiculous ,or some type of pyramid. I talked it over with my family, an attorney, and my friends, and they all agreed it was some sort of scam. I hate scams because usually someone gets burned, and I didn't want it to be me! I blew it off for a few weeks then saw another one in a newsgroup I go to a lot and thought, "Maybe this is legitimate!". Besides, what's $5.00 , I spend more than that in the morning on my way to work on coffee and cigs for the day. Well, two weeks later, I began receiving money in the mail! I couldn't believe it! Not j...

download email into individual folders
how do i get my email to download in individual folders. i hav 2 accounts set up and they both download into my inbox. i want to be sure that when i send email it has the right from address depending on which account i want it to show, (work) OR (personal)and I want it to download accordingly as well. Chris Piece of cake Chris. Follow this link and halfway into the article is Title section called 'Distinguishing among mail from differen accounts' They give you two options, I personally use the secon scenario http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2002/up020814.htm#multipop Warren:...

Exchange Server Public Calendar & iPhone
We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Thanks for any help! "Elizabeth Reynolds" <ElizabethReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9997D826-9CAD-4A07-91C5-18889EC1FF46@microsoft.com... > We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my > iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Ask the question in an iPhone forum. This one deals with neither Exchange nor iPhones, on...

Adding Calendar to Favorite Folders
I want to add my Calendar to my Favorite Folder. Ok. rrg1965 wrote: > I want to add my Calendar to my Favorite Folder. ...

Invisible Notes
My company moved the notes field to the bottom of the general tab for Leads, Contacts, and Accounts. Occasionally, the notes section will show the time and date that a note was entered, but the text will be missing. This has happened several times over the past few weeks. Does anyone know why this would be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hi. I don't know if this is related, but we had missing Notes tab content ourselves in CRM 3.0. I posted a question yesterday under someone else's heading of "Notes tab content is randomly invisible (v3.0)" -Sarah Th...

Public folder #5
When i look into a public folder with system manager he said Object is no longer available, Press F5 to refresh the display I can not delete him because i get the same error as above. What can i do to make him disappear. ...