Journaling sent messages only

Hi All

I am trying to configure Exchange 5.5 Journaling so that messages that have been sent either internally or externally will go to the journal mailbox - I have heard that this is possible but the detail is elusive. I have the same requirement for an Exchange 2k3 server but not as urgent- any help would be gratefully recieved

Thanks for your help

jc (the famous jc from Southsea [old] hampshire
jc@archivingxchange.co

0
jc2318 (1)

See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=239427

You need to look at the section regarding routing local messages through the
MTA.

For E2k3 see this:

Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"jchubb" <jc@archivingxchange.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to configure Exchange 5.5 Journaling so that messages that
have been sent either internally or externally will go to the journal
mailbox - I have heard that this is possible but the detail is elusive. I
have the same requirement for an Exchange 2k3 server but not as urgent- any
help would be gratefully recieved.

> Thanks for your help
>
> jc (the famous jc from Southsea [old] hampshire)
> jc@archivingxchange.com

0
neil.hobson (1158)
4/15/2004 9:32:38 PM
Take a look at SelectiveJournaling application:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml
But it works only for Exchange 2000/2003.

--
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

"jchubb" <jc@archivingxchange.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to configure Exchange 5.5 Journaling so that messages that
have been sent either internally or externally will go to the journal
mailbox - I have heard that this is possible but the detail is elusive. I
have the same requirement for an Exchange 2k3 server but not as urgent- any
help would be gratefully recieved.

> Thanks for your help
>
> jc (the famous jc from Southsea [old] hampshire)
> jc@archivingxchange.com

0
no1498 (362)

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to
The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Eric Peterson on 5/2/2005 9:41 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <fcds-mail.fcds.org #5.1.1> I receive these messages for an account that was deleted 8 months ago from time to time. It usually happens when inviting groups of people to an appointment or sending to an all school distribuion list. I have searched both AD and Exchange and can find no reference to the account. I have also used A...

How can I strip categories from outgoing external messages?
Hello, I posted this question in an Outlook forum and it was suggested that the solution would be at Exchange-level. For privacy reasons, I need to strip any categories from messages, especially those going to external recipients. How can I do this please? Internally, other Outlook users can see the categories and even custom fields which the sender has set. We need to be sure that can't happen with messages sent to external recipients who also happen to use Outlook. Outlook 2002/2003/2007 clients with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. ...

outlook journals
Does anyone use the journal feature in outlook to jot notes down on a contact? I have used this feature and at some point I believe an archive has either deleted or hidden older notes in my journals. Any ideas as to if journal notes dissappear after a certain point or if the archiving feature in outlook does something to old journal entries? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, ...

Ruler in new message
Is there a way to get the ruler not to appear in New Messages when you pause the cursor on the line between the Subject Line and the body of the email? Sounds trite, I agree, but I have a couple of users who are annoyed by it so I told them I'd ask... Thanks, Dave Respecki ...

windows journal hangs/ freezes when scrolling down
I am using journal with win vista and 7. Each time when i scroll down a few page in journal, it will hand and not respond. THIS ONLY HAPPEN TO PARTICULAR FILES ESP WHEN THE FILE SIZE IS BIGGER THAN 1mb ...

changing the text of error messages
hi there, is there a way to change the text of an error message in MS CRM? Some of them are simply confusing for the user and I'd like to make them more understandable. I have no language pack installed and only need one language. Any ideas? Regards, Ludger ...

Journal
What does the Ck in Journal do? I know it is check but check what? Where are you seeing this? I just took a look around the Journal and didn't see a "Ck". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Linda Kay Alkire" <lalkire@absc.org> wrote in message news:2a2e01c36811$02b22d30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > What does the Ck in Journal do? I know it is check but > check what? ...

Using Journal to record daily tasks
Does anyone know how to make new journal entry types default to "task" instead of to "phone call?" Thanks, Marti ...

Tracking emails sent by a specific user
Is there a quick and simply way of seeing a copy of all messages a specific user sends (Exchange 2000). I guess that switching on the logging to full will allow me track it but do want to have to trawl through a huge log file that contains irrelevant information. A copy of any messages this user sends, forwarded to me, but without the sender knowing would be ideal. I know I could setup outlook rules to do something similar but really want to control things invisibly from the Exchange server, any ideas? TIA KS In news:02032E13-38F7-4570-8CCA-EAEBDC72DFEE@microsoft.com, K.Sandla...

record messages
I would like to configure the Exchange 5.5 server to forware or copy any message that goes through the server to a mailbox. I am now required to keep all messages that are sent intercompany or outbound. Is there a way to have a duplicate message always sent to the administrators box? Thanks for the info. Jarred IS Manager Your first point is acheived by using the Alternate Recipient feature on the properties of the mailbox. Configure it so that the alternate gets a copy but that the message is also delivered to the original recipient (it's a tick box) The 2nd is best acheiv...

NDR reply message
Hi - is there a way to edit the NDR reply message that gets sent from Administrator? Thanks, Laurie The quick answer is no - the longer one involves paying Microsoft Consulting Services to change it :-( Laurie Rothberg wrote: > Hi - is there a way to edit the NDR reply message that > gets sent from Administrator? > > Thanks, > Laurie Nope. Well, not in a standard way. I hear Microsoft Consulting Services can hack around one of the DLLs, but there's no GUI or reg hack way that I know of. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://...

Multipe Sent Messages
I have Outlook Express installed at home on a Windows XP Home Edition PC. I received and e-mail with attachements. When I tried to just 'Reply', it generated 28 sent e-mails. Since that time, when I send an e-mail with attachments (a .jpg or .xls for instance) it will generate a varying number of 'Sent' messages and change the format of the attachment. I sent a spreadsheet to my office as a test and the e-mail subject was 'Test' and the spreadsheet was named 'Stan.xls'. It generated 5 e-mails. 4 were picked up by a spam filter and the one that got th...

Export & Import Outlook Express Messages
I got a new pc and would like to export all my messages from the old pc and import them into the new pc. It says that it will export to either Outlook or Exchange. Outlook I guess is fine, but where does it put the file and what is the name so I can copy it to disk and import to new pc? Thanks in advance This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outl...

Messages automatically delected from inbox
I have an odd occurrance. I am running Windows XP, Office XP, and have preview pane on. When I click and open an e-mail in my inbox, it disappears from the inbox list and when I close the read e-mail it disapears. Do I have a setting set incorrectly? I do not want this to happed. Go to View -> Arrange By -> Current View and make sure you're viewing "Messages", not "Unread messages in this folder". -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:33:08 -0800...

Outlook Email Message Size
I just had a staff member complain that her emails to not open up to be full screen, that she has to maximize them herself. Is there a way or setting that would make all emails she opens open to a full screen? ...

Help Journal Names
I use the Journal all the time to help track what I'm doing For journaling items such as excel files, and word documents, it would preferable to show just the name of the document rather than the full path to the document (which appears on mouse-hover anyway). My paths tend to be long, so the only way I can find the name of the document is to mouse over. Anybody know if there is a way to just display the document name - without the path information? Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

Outlook 2002: Emails with Large attachments are sent many times
Whenever I send an email with an attachment that is greater than 1MB, it gets sent over and over again. The email stays in the Outbox and appears to not have been sent. But the recipients of the email receive the email many times. The send receive status box sends a message that the email was sent successfully but then reports an error sending. Whilst this looks like a worm virus it is not a virus. The problem does not occur with smaller email attachments. This problem occured at some point this year after either applying an automatic office or windows update. I'm running...

Delegates to view Sent Items
Hi, I want to enable delegates to be able to view Sent Items and Deleted Items of a user. Is there a straight forward way of doing this? The only solution that I can see is the give the delegate permissions to the the user and setup an additional profile in outlook for the delegate, which is quite messy and difficult for the delegate to use. Thanks for any help. Steve Right-click on the properties of the Sent Items and Deleted Items folders and choose Permissions. Add those people you want to be able to view these folders. Instruct those users to view the Sent or Deleted Items...

Journal Viewer
Hi, couple of questions on Journal Viewer 1. How do I make the Lookup in Journal Viewer to default to Current Date only (right now the From date has a week old date by default) 2. How do I customize the list of transactions window on the journal viewer so it shows the amount too? Thanks a lot in advance!!!! Did you ever get an answer as to how to default the journal viewer to the most recent batch rather that oldest to newest? I want to know the same answer. "TCWS" wrote: > Hi, couple of questions on Journal Viewer > > 1. How do I make the Lookup in Journal Viewer...

journal not there
Hi, Odd one. One of my users can't see his journal, it's enabled and logging things correctly as I can open it from my pc and see everything, and other poeple can also open it and view it. He can't see his journal on any pc if he logs in to it. He doesn't have a roaming profile. Any ideas? ...

Entourage has deleted some messages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have been using Entourage successfully for years. Between checking email this morning and then later today, old read messages from one folder have suddenly disappeared, leaving nothing older than this morning. I did a search from the finder and the missing message show up on the list of found files, but the usual directory reference at the bottom is missing. Command-I (get info) says the messages are located in the Library/Caches/Metadata/Microsoft/Entourage/2008/Main Identity/Messages/0T/)B/)M/2...

Cannot View Attachment Information in Sent Items Folder
In Outlook 2003 After an email has been sent with an attachment and you go to your Sent Items folder to open it...the Header lists, From: Sent: To: Subject: and Attachment. However, when you print the email, the Attachment does not print. Why? Is the format of email HTML because if it is then it wont list the attachment when printing, from the open message go to Edit and Edit Message and then change the Format from the Format menu and see if the attachment is listed when you now print "Sharon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ffb01c436b1$95863b...

Viewing Journals from outside SOM/POS
I'm using Report Server to view reports on my RMS database. I'd like to include the ability to view receipts from this environment. Does anyone know if there is a way to either 1. convert the Journal table's "compressed" image format into a common graphic format like .gif, or .bmp; or 2. launch the Journal Viewer from an API? -Dave The receipt image appears to be in a proprietary format. There has been a lot of discussion on here in the past about this. As far as I know there is no way to view them outside of RMS. There may be an add-on designed to do ...

Links in email messages open to IE 6 verrrrrry slooooowly
I've updated my Oulook 2003 with all available updates from MS; same with Windows 2000. I've also tried Brian Tillman's advice on resetting web settings in IE. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2003. In addition, I've scanned the hard drive for spyware, malware and viruses. But when I click on a link in an email message, it takes about one minute (by the clock) for IE to open with the linked message. What to do now? TIA George -- Austin, TX ...

missing journals
Hi Have you met problem with missing journals. I noticed that some transactions can not be viewed with journals module but while reporting, or checking database everything is fine (howeve I can not check journals in database becouse data is in binary field)? Have you ever encountered simillar problem and found solution? Regards Typically if you cannot view an existing journal it is because your default printer (whatever it is at the time) is not able to render the graphics. The journal viewer is totally dependent on the default printer driver to work correctly. "Adam" wrote: ...