ISP Email and Exchange

Can I configure exchange which controls corporate emails
(email@mycompany.com) to donwload an email from an ISP (i.e.
email@myisp.com) and put it in one or more mailboxes?

Or the only way is to do it from outlook directly?

Evan Camilleri

0
evan2085 (8)

There are tools to do this
http://www.slipstick.com/exs/popconnect.htm
but Exchange is not a good email client
http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/smtp_diatribe.asp

William Lefkovics

Evan Camilleri wrote:

> Can I configure exchange which controls corporate emails
> (email@mycompany.com) to donwload an email from an ISP (i.e.
> email@myisp.com) and put it in one or more mailboxes?
>
> Or the only way is to do it from outlook directly?
>
> Evan Camilleri

receiving emails from yahoo groups
some of our users have been subscribed in some of the yahoo groups recently. they can send email to the groups and see the messages on the yahoo groups page but they can't receive the messages through their email I found out the emails they are supposed to receive are in the administrator inbox and the exchange didn't send them to their inbox I will be appreciated to know what may be the reason Thank you ...

Emails from outsourced website rejected
We have a single server 2003 domain that runs exchange 2003. We outsource our website to an ISP. Our authoritative DNS has a www "A" record to point to the IP address of our website on the ISP's network. The ISP is developing pages that allow the visitor to send their responses to us via email. When the user clicks submit, the email is sent, and our exchange server subsquently rejects the email. We have set up a free mail account that simply forwards all messages to the email account that was setup to receive the email from the web pages. This works fine, no mail is ...

Delay receiving email from Exchange
Env: Small Business Server 2000; Outlook 2002 SP3 I have one user who does not automatically receive email from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. > I have one user who does not automatically receive email > from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item > in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the > same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is > working fine...

ISP side ETRN with Exchange 2003
How do I set up my Exchange 2003 server to queue mail for another Exchange 2003 server? I've read the term "Client-side ETRN" and "Server-side ETRN" where can I find more information on these? Basically I want to queue the mail for a customer that doesn't have the ability to allow incoming SMTP connections because his ISP is blocking all incoming connections. Thanks, Matt Kiefer, MCSE Sorry for an OT reply, but do you really mean the ISP your customer is using is blocking all inbound traffic, or only port 25? Sounds like it's time for a new ISP....or an upg...

Can't open attachments in webmail, can't receive email in outlook
Having a problem that's driving me up the wall! Specs: XP Pro sp2 running Outlook 2003 with latest updates Prob: I can send and receive email in OWA 2003, but I cannot open attachments. Error: "Internet Explorer cannot download...[attachment] from [url]. Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is unavailable or cannot be found." But I can browse the site with no problems, even FTP from it, and also tried disabling the firewall and virus scanner with no success. I can RDP to the web/mail server no problem, but I can't save attachments fro...

Email Contact Order
When I am going to send an email and press the TO: button the contact list comes up as first name, last name. I would prefer last name, first name. When I examine the contact list, it displays as last name, first name. I cannot find anywhere to change this behavior. On mine if I go to the contacts and select View, Show the Last Name first, then in the message composition TO dialog, they sort that way. What version of WLM do you have ? Help (ALT+H), About WLM. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Greg Laskowski" <GregLaskowski@discussions.micros...

Emailing Excel Data
When I send a spreadsheet embedded in an email via Outlook 2003 (not as an attachment)I find that if I have a cell, or a series of cells selected within the email message, only the data from the selected area is actually emailed yet the entire sheet appears in the email. Does anyone know why? is there a setting that will prevent this from happening?? ...

new install email
Just installed CRM 1.2 and receiving an error message when sending email in the web client. "Missing Microsoft CRM key" I am sending the email to another user, I have a license and all roles including administrator. Anyone have an idea this is a brand new install Hi, Did you install the Exchange router ? if so can you check if this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl is set on your CRM server ? -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni en l'�tat, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne vous conf�re aucun droit....

display email forwarding
Running exchange 2003 sp2. How can i turn off the email forwarding banner that appears in outlook 2003? a user is complaing that they dont want to see the note in outlook that tells them when they forwarded on the email. Thanks On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:41:46 -0800, "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Running exchange 2003 sp2. How can i turn off the email forwarding banner >that appears in outlook 2003? > >a user is complaing that they dont want to see the note in outlook that >tells them when they forwarded on the email. > >Thanks And d...

Attach all files in directory to email?
Is it possible to use VBScript to attach all files with a particular extension to an email? How could this be done? "PAkerly" <pakerly@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60dc06b6-6c7c-488a-8ac5-edb19784cffe@r14g2000vbc.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use VBScript to attach all files with a particular > extension to an email? > > How could this be done? Use the File System Object to pick up the names of all files with the desired extension, then use the script below to generate the mail message. You need to inlcude one .AddAttachment li...

MX and ISP
Hi, I did post a question sometime ago with regards to MX records and our Exchange server. We are currently using a ISP hosted POP3 mail accounts. Therefore weve never had our own exchange server. So what i want to know is what do i need to ask my ISP to do for me and what do i need to do at our end, so that any mail sent to our myname@domain.com are recieved by our server. We are using exhange and win 03 via a ADSL. Thanks for your help A Hi Mahmad You will need to have the MX record for your domain modified to point to your public IP address, here is an article that might help...

email from Japan in Japanese
Why do I see the body of the email correctly (in Japanese) but the subject line gets one ? for each character that outlook 2002 can't decode? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance, Scott ...

OE sent emails
When I hit "send/receive", the status box showing the numbers of emails being sent (and received) actually shows MORE emails being sent than are in my outbox? I am concerned that I may have a virus, but my Norton antivirus & internet security are both up-to-date and operational, and I have also run Spybot to eliminate any spyware. Is there any trail I can follow to see what additional emails are being sent, and how they are being created? Oman <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I hit "send/receive", the status box showing the > nu...

cannot send email through outlook 2002
When trying to send an email , I get cannot send encrypted email . there are no certificates found OL2002: Unable to send encrypted email when offl (SOX020313700153) TITLE: OL2002: Unable to send encrypted email when offl [SOOPENV ] Encryption continued to work; however, [2002 - W_2660 ] ID: SOX020313700153 CRT:Mar 13 2020 MOD:Mar 13 2020 STS:Cust <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>...

Email address fro list
Hi, I making a spreadsheet of all the users in my company. How do I auto populate the next cell so that it takes the first name of the user and add @domain.com (domain= our email domain) so I don't have to type up all the e-mail address of my users? Thanks, Liz It depends on how your list of names is constructed, but if you have "first_name other_names" in A1 then you can do this: =3DLOWER(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))&"@domain.com" and copy down. You will need to decide what to do if you have two or more first names that are the same. Hope this helps. ...

Font Problem
Why does my font change unexpectedly when the email is sent in Outlook 2002? I also have all recent service packs through SP3. I use HTML. I've tried the Mail Format tab options to change the fonts to always use my fonts and set everything to 10pt arial. It still arbitrarily changes its font size for no reason somtimes. Thanks ...

Blank emails #9
What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I get them almost daily?? PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote: > What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost > every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I > get them almost daily?? It often means that someone's spam-generating program is brain-dead and spewing ill-formed junk. You can create a rule that will discard any message whose body is empty. -- Brian Tillman Thank you ver...

Exchange server lost connection to domain
Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a domain with Exchange running OS Win2003 Exchange 2003 Thanks Harry In news:uqgPlJW4GHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, harry <mackey@musc.edu> typed: > Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring > yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. > I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a > domain with Exchan...

Move emails
Hi, I use WebDAV to move emails from one folder to another folder. The moving is ok. But some of emails still show up in the original folder. I use Outlook web Access to check, they are gone. But Outlook still has them. I run WebDAV program again and couldn't find them. Is there cache in Outlook that I need to clean it? Thanks in advance. Li ...

Unable to SEND Email
I have Outlook 2002 runnning on an XP machine (sp1). I connect to the internet with a cable modem and have no problems receiving or sending email while at home. However, while I am on the road I use a dial-up (tried Netzero and PeoplePC) and I can't *send* email. I can receive it fine but when I try and send I get a message, "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients." I have my incoming email server set to my cable server and my outgoing set to the dial-up. Again, I can receive just fine but sending doesn't work. I have tried the help lines for ...

How to email directly from publisher a document in the main body .
I am tring to email a flyer that I constructed in publisher. I do not want to send it as an attachement What version of Windows, Publisher, Outlook and Outlook Express are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "boxtteri" <boxtteri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E25049D9-676C-4ACD-8B6E-DFD83CB04267@microsoft.com... >I am tring to email a flyer that I constructed in publisher. I do not want >to > send it as an attache...

Error printing HTML email
Hi, I get an error trying to print emails I receive in HTML format. I am currently using outlook 2003. I hope someone can help me with the frustrating problem. Thanks Glen ...

Outlook 2003 wont send email-very weird
Greetings. Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003 Teacher/Student edition) The other day I found out that email I have been sending have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this many times. All the email in my sent box never actually goes anywhere. I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my ISP just fine. I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail I have installed all updates to no avail I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no ava...

Recovering/accessing email folder
I recently updated an account - my address book is still current, but no longer have access to my old email folders. How can I access those folders? Can we assume you're using Outlook and not Outlook Express? If you're using Outlook, look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:065c01c3d3b3$0ad89a40$a001280a@phx.gbl, Ri...

Exchange 5.5 upgrade to Exchange 2003
I am hoping to upgrade my Exchange 5.5 organization to Exchange 2003 by using the move mailbox method. I have run the exdeploy /orgnamecheck command and received the following error. Will this cause any problems with Exchange 2003? Also, I currently run Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000 Server Standard. Can I run Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise on Windows Server 2003 Standard? Thanks in advance, Eric Warning: Organization or Site Relative Distinguished Name (RDN) 'My Company, Inc.' in the Exchange 5.5 directory contains a leading space, a trailing space, on...