Is there a way to make the public folders the default folder?

In outlook if you right click on a contact and create a new appointment, it
automatically goes into the involved users calendars.  Is there a way to make
this appointment go into the public calendar automatically?
0
Dan4650 (795)

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:16:18 -0800, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In outlook if you right click on a contact and create a new appointment, it
>automatically goes into the involved users calendars.  Is there a way to make
>this appointment go into the public calendar automatically?

Not that I know of, unless you modify the Outlook form; in which case
this would be a question for the Outlook newsgroups.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Folders Appearing Empty
I have an archive file that is giving problems. When I open this archive all folders display as empty. However, there are 6000 odd messages and the file is several hundred meg. I have run scanpst and it reports no errors found. Outlook version is 2000 SP3 . Thank you Regards, James Does he have a view applied to his Inbox, such as "Unread Messages" or perhaps a filter? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to ...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Duplicate personal folders #11
I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders How con I get rid of the duplicate There are countless posts in this group that address this exhaustively documented issue. Feel free to read any of them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nick C" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uBoS2tg$GHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal >folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders > > Ho...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

public folder replicas #3
I have a new Exchange cluster and want to move everyone over. I need to add replicas for the public folders. Do I have to click on each one seperately, is there a faster way. Thanks for your awesome and quick response on my last question. Brandon pfmigrate.wsf does a swell job for public folders. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822895 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eDH$YdXEGHA.1120@TK2MSFT...

Need Help Forwarding Mail to Public Folder
Hello-- I spent way too much time on this last night and I think I'm brain dead. How can I set up a user object in AD Users and Computers to forward email to a mail enabled public folder located in the default public folder tree? I have it all set up, but it appears that within the Exchange tab in the user's properties, the only option to forward an email message is to another object in AD. Please help me gain my sanity back... Thanks, Stephen Not sure why it's not working for you - but a clarification: PFs "are AD objects". Or, to be more specific, one corres...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

how do i make cue cards
i dont know how to make cue cards. When i clicked on bussiness cards, if i wrote anything on the first card it repeated it throughout all the other's, making it ideal for bussiness card makers although not for making cue cards. The layout for the bussiness cards was perfect, if only whatever i typed in one box would'nt repeat in all the others, everything would be okay. I need a template the exact same as that of the bussiness card, but which allows me to type different things in all the different boxes. Cue cards? Like what Johnny Carson used to use? Business cards would be a ...

SBS 2003 and Windows 7 Folder Redirection
Hi I have a simple Windows 2003 server, and we have 4 XP Pro clients... I have setup folder redirection for Desktop and My Documents to my users home directory.., and this works fine..., no problems... We have just brought a Windows 7 machine, and I have added it to the Domain and usual, rebooted and logged in, but the folder redirection doesn't seem to be working...? Is there something else I have to do here to get this to work...? Any help is mush appreciated.... Col Vista and Windows 7 use a different group policy for folder redirection that is not backwar...

Import into Outlook from Folder
Hi all Is there a free tool that is available for importing messages from a folder into Microsoft Outlook 2002? We have had computer problems, and have finally decided to move over to outlook from outlook express. We copied the sub-folders in outlook express into new folders in my computer, but trying to copy 4000 e- mails into outlook gives error messages. Every so often during this process the explorer process will terminate, leaving us totally confused as to where we finished. We are running XP Home Service pack 2. PLEASE HELP!!! H@mst3r H@mst3r wrote: > Hi all > > Is there...

how to change the default form of a folder
can anyone please tell me how to change the default form of a folder to use a non-standard custom form. i have tried the syeps on the site. the link is a s follows: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292782 but the problem is that there is no way i can create an intermediate form. i have tried it. i am using outlook 2003. ...

Default email for all new email boxes
It's been requested that we send out a new employee orientation email to all new employees. Is there a way to do this by default with Exchange? To automatically send the same email to all new email boxes that are created.....forever. Seems like it should be doable, but I haven't been able to find a way, nor have I found the correct words to search on this. Any help is appreciated. On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:00:03 -0700, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It's been requested that we send out a new employee orientation email to all >new employees. Is th...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Moving picture from folder
hOW TO MOVE A PICTURE FROM FOLDER TO ANOTHER? ROBERT B.KINARD On Fri, 14 May 2010 08:05:01 -0700, ROBERT B.KINARD <ROBERT B.KINARD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hOW TO MOVE A PICTURE FROM FOLDER TO ANOTHER? > ROBERT B.KINARD In Windows? Right click it with the mouse. Select "Cut" from the menu. This will copy it to the clipboard. Open the other folder, rightclick somewhere in it, and select Paste. Note that this forum is for technical questions about the database software Microsoft ...

Move Public Folders from 5.5 to 5.5 Same Org
Hi All, I'm new the exchange and i need to accomplish the following: 1. Identify which public folders are "homed" on the source server. 2. Move them to another exchange 5.5 server. 3. Properly remove/decommission the source exchange server from the org. Need your expert help on what steps i should take to accomplish this. Thank you. this is good reading, it includes some links that is also good reading before doing anything http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152959/en-us /Lasse "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06FA8B72-169D...

Make a pivot table from an existing pivot table
I'm trying to make a completely new pivot table out of an existing pivot table where the existing table is actually the source data (not the original data table). The problem I have is that this intermediate pivot table has 3 columns of unique values (with over 1000 rows) before we get to the data. I can't just copy it and make a pivot table, or create a mirror sheet that isn't a pivot table because of the blank cells underneath each change in value. I have this: Source Name Attempts Data Mail Joe 1 654 2 700 ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Default unit cost on Purchase Order
We're using the FIFO Perpetual inventory valuation method. If a vendor gives us a one-time special price on an item, that special cost goes into the FIFO layers to be used when its sold. However, when we create a new PO for this same item to the same vendor, it defaults in with the Last Originating Cost. This was actually a special cost and not the cost that we normally pay so it's wrong on this new PO. Now, we have to go look up what the correct cost could be. This happens a lot. Is there any way around this? Can we have PO receipts and invoices NOT update the Last origin...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Book1
1- I deleted any XLT files in the XLStart folder. 2- I open Excel 3- I make my default settings in the formatting toolbar so that the border, fill color etc have the default options that I want in the toolbar. 4- I then save the book as Book.xlt in the XLStart folder 5- When I get back in to Excel the Format Toolbar is back to the original settings. Maybe we cannot preset the formatting toolbar to certain settings automatically. Thanks for everyone's help. MD -- mdalby ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforu...

No to instant message; make it go away!
That's it. How did I get MSN instant messenger and how do I make it go away? It seems to be part of MSN Explorer which attached itself to everything I am doing. I don't want any of it on my outlook mail or anywhere else. I can't find it to uninstall it and I don't want to affect my outlook mail, because I am taking classes there. Open MSN Messenger, go to Tools, Options, Preferences and uncheck every single box. Then go to the other tabs and uncheck all those, too. Leave any info boxes blank. "Jill Woodruff" wrote: > That's it. How did I get MSN ins...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

Contacts Folder Problem
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] I would appreciate advice on how to fix. -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Reset the connection between the Outlook Address Book and your Contact Folder. Go to Tools | E-mail account...