--------------------------------
From: Greg Slater

-----------------------
Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)

<Id>Hu76pbJdBkq2mAeJOnGiqA==</Id>

Greg Slater via AdminLife <anonymous@adminlife.com> wrote in
news:#MABv03MEHA.2824@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> This sounds so basic, but I cannot for the life of me find a utility
> or way to determine who is logged into an Exchange server. This is for
> a 5.5 server, but I would also like to know for 2000/2003.
>
> The Mailbox Resource in Exchange Administrator lists te last logon and
> logoff time, but it is not an accurate way to tell at all (also
> doesn't account for OWA connections).
>
> Is the a Back Office tool or 3rd party app or freeware util or even
> script that will do this?

There isn't any reliable way to get this information. Often times I am
always logged into my exchange server even if I am nowhere near my
computer. I don't know of any way to get this. Anyone else?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Greg Slater via AdminLife wrote:

> This sounds so basic, but I cannot for the life of me find a utility or way to determine who is logged into an Exchange server. This is for a 5.5 server, but I would also like to know for 2000/2003.
>
> The Mailbox Resource in Exchange Administrator lists te last logon and logoff time, but it is not an accurate way to tell at all (also doesn't account for OWA connections).
>
> Is the a Back Office tool or 3rd party app or freeware util or even script that will do this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --------------------------------
> From: Greg Slater
>
> -----------------------
> Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)
>
> <Id>Hu76pbJdBkq2mAeJOnGiqA==</Id>

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
5/7/2004 11:11:01 AM
Nope, not accurate at all.

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> "Logons" view (next to "Mailbox Resources) will give you that information.
I have never verified it's accuracy.

> Greg Slater via AdminLife wrote:
>
> > This sounds so basic, but I cannot for the life of me find a utility or
way to determine who is logged into an Exchange server. This is for a 5.5
server, but I would also like to know for 2000/2003.

> > The Mailbox Resource in Exchange Administrator lists te last logon and
logoff time, but it is not an accurate way to tell at all (also doesn't
account for OWA connections).

> > Is the a Back Office tool or 3rd party app or freeware util or even
script that will do this?

> > Thanks!
> >
> > --------------------------------
> > From: Greg Slater
> >
> > -----------------------
> > Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)
> >
> > <Id>Hu76pbJdBkq2mAeJOnGiqA==</Id>

0
Joe5022 (1)

Exchange Server 2007 Hub Transport errors
Good Morning everyone, I have an issue with trying to submit mail. When I draft a message and press send in OWA or via MAPI (Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2007), the message ends up in the DRAFTS folder. (NOT THE SENT ITEMS or the OUTBOX). When troubleshooting via the ExTA there is a reference to the MSExchangeTransport service not starting. When I attempt to start the service, it will start; however, it stops "on it's own" without any intervention. When I check the Event Viewer this is what I see: Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: Storage Event ID: 17002 Descri...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the .
how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually but not both. Formulas return values--not formatting. How did you get the link to formats to work? --- Sometimes, you can use a macro to do the work for you. Camalla wrote: > > how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same > workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually > but not both. -- Dave Peterson Camalla No way to link Formats unless you are using Conditional Formatti...

Context Menu in List Control #2
Hi all, I want to create a context menu called by a right mouse click on a multi-selection List Control in a report mode. So far I've managed to create the menu by handling NM_RCLICK, like this: void GetTLETab::OnNMRclickList(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { CMenu menu; CPoint pt; ::GetCursorPos( &pt); menu.CreatePopupMenu(); menu.AppendMenu( MF_STRING, 0, _T("Delete this item")); menu.AppendMenu( MF_STRING, 1, _T("View details")); menu.TrackPopupMenu( TPM_LEFTALIGN, pt.x, pt.y, this); *pResult = ...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

A way to create sub-categories?

Report showing which users have access to a particular window/repo
Is there a report that can be printed (or a particular table that can be looked at) that will list all users that have access to a particular window or report? We're on GP 10, upgraded from GP 9, so all the roles and tasks are CNV_..... In particular, we need a quick and easy way to see which users have access the the payroll check history report. Sure there is. Abreviated instructions follow but detailed ones can be found in our Dynamics GP Security Handbook on page II-38. Load the Security Resource Table first by going to Maintenance, select Clear Tables (BE CAREFUL)...

Exchange 2000 upgrade
I currently run an Exchange 2000 standard on a Windows 2000 standard server in a Windows 2000 mixed mode domain. The current Exchange server is also a DC and a GC server. I am preparing to upgrade to Exchange 2003 Ent with Windows 2003 standard server on a new box. This new box will have 4 GB RAM and 6 - 72 GB drives. We have about 75 mailboxes. I'm looking for advices on the following information: _ Step-by-Step upgrade instructions _ My Exchange server is in Mixed mode, is it necessary to change it to Native mode before I upgrade _ Does it matter if I move the mailboxes be...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

List/Numbering indent issue....
Hello... I am creating a document with numbering/list (i.e. 1., 2., 3.---) and also having images included using text wrap.... but when the images are inserted into the desired places the numbering/list makes an "extra long" space between the number and the text. I have right clicked and chosen adjust list indents and done every possible thing and it tends to change all of them and not getting me the results i need. I am editing text and documents for my boss for production and i need help fast. THX... Unfortunately, there has been an issue with indentation next to...

There should be controls, edit lists, and approvals in BankRec
Without controls in the bank rec module I am forced to have a more senior person prepare all my reconciliations. Junior people can post transactions without approval and this significantly effects internal controls for the most liquid asset. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&qu...

Exchange Global Rules
I have noticed that in Exchange 2003 OWA you can define rules that must be stored in Exchange because when you connect to the exchange server with Outlook the rules you defined in OWA are present. I am curious if a method exists for defining these rules on a global scale. An example of what I would like to do is as follows: My users receive certain pre-filter messages with an auto tag added to the subject line. Currently, some users have a local outlook rule that filters these emails to a predetermined folder in their personal inbox. In order for me to admin these I have to go to each users ...

Exchange 2003 and DPM2007
I use Exchange 2003 on server Windows 2003 32bit and DPM2007 on server Windows 2008R2. The replica of Storage group Storage Group on MyServer.MyDomain is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

List view with no item selection
How could i do that Handle LVN_ITEMCHANGING notification. Before return assign value 1 to *pResult. "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > How could i do that > > > ...

Sync calendar via WWW for other users?
I have 2 users of Outlook 2003 who are working remotely to each other. Both needs to see and update each others calendars, frequently, and there is also a lesser requirement for others to also see the calendar. Subsequently, I am looking for a way to be able to update/amend the calendar using the Internet. So, user 1 would make an appointment on a calendar that was relevant to user 2, who would be able to 'log in' somehow to check the calendar, and would then see user 1 had made an appointment for him/her. Likewise, user 2 can log in and make an appointment for user 1, or they ...

How to get list of namespces ?
How to get list of namespces that are declared in an element ? -- Best regards, Oleg Subachev subachev@ural.ru "Oleg Subachev" <oleg@urvb.ru> wrote in message news:OU4HcHWdEHA.2376@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How to get list of namespces that are declared in an element ? Given that you have first positioned yourself onto an XmlElement of an XmlDocument, one of the fastest ways is to grab an XPath- Navigator and enumerate the Namespace nodes that are present. XPathNavigator nav = myElement.CreateNavigator( ); if ( nav.MoveToFirstNamespace( ) ) do { ...

Import blocked sender lists
Outlook allows users to build a list of blocked senders. These lists can be exported to .txt file. Is there any way to import them into Exchanges blocked sender list? TIA Steve ...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

How to generate a mailbox list file to use in scheduled ExMerge
Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively run ExMerge, then cancell the program halfway, but it does not create the file I need. An alternative for creating the file would be to use an LDAP query in a script -- if anyone can help with that as well. Thanks MosesM On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0800, MosesM <MosesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes >to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively ru...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Masquarade Exchange server HELP!
Hello, I'm testing an Exchange 2k3 installation.. The server was built using an internal naming scheme as follows: Server Name: blackwidow Win Domain: trackit.apt FQDN is then: blackwidow.trackit.apt Now this server delievers mail for a completely different public DNS name: webtrialz.net..... But when viewing the host header from a message that was SENT by this exchange server, I see the actual FQDN in the "Message-ID" field of the SMTP header.. I think this is causing some junk mail filters to flag the mail as junk since it's not matching the public domain na...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net