Is there a way to increase the storage space for Rules?

We have run into a problem with Exchange 2003 where it keeps giving a user a
message that "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and
have been deactivated."

The user states that if he deletes a rule then checks this rule it works.
So it doesn't appear to be a problem with the rule and he wants to increase
the storage of the rules for him.

How or can we even do that?

Thanks,
Jeff

0
jdiaz (16)

It is a hard coded limit...

"Jeff" <jdiaz@p1fs.com> wrote in message
> We have run into a problem with Exchange 2003 where it keeps giving a user
> a message that "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server
> and have been deactivated."
>
> The user states that if he deletes a rule then checks this rule it works.
> So it doesn't appear to be a problem with the rule and he wants to
> increase the storage of the rules for him.
>
> How or can we even do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

0
tfelts1 (344)
4/6/2005 7:04:47 PM
Jeff wrote:
> We have run into a problem with Exchange 2003 where it keeps giving a
> user a message that "One or more rules could not be uploaded to
> Exchange Server and have been deactivated."
>
> The user states that if he deletes a rule then checks this rule it
> works. So it doesn't appear to be a problem with the rule and he
> wants to increase the storage of the rules for him.
>
> How or can we even do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

As Tom said, the 32k limit is fixed, although yours is a frequent request.
Have the user remove some rules or simplify them until it works. The limit
is not for the *number* of rules - it's for the total size they all take up.

0
lanwench (7567)

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

A way to create sub-categories?

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Exchange Global Rules
I have noticed that in Exchange 2003 OWA you can define rules that must be stored in Exchange because when you connect to the exchange server with Outlook the rules you defined in OWA are present. I am curious if a method exists for defining these rules on a global scale. An example of what I would like to do is as follows: My users receive certain pre-filter messages with an auto tag added to the subject line. Currently, some users have a local outlook rule that filters these emails to a predetermined folder in their personal inbox. In order for me to admin these I have to go to each users ...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Provide a feature to increase the number of columns in a workshee.
Provide a feature to increase the number of columns in an Excel worksheet beyond 256 to either a higher maximum like 512 or 1024 or unlimited. Not possible, 256 is the max. If you want more, you need a re-design or another product. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Exceller" <Exceller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B393C8E0-8618-4D9C-906B-2F9163384B35@microsoft.com... > Provide a feature to increase the number of columns in an Excel worksheet > beyond 256 to either a higher maximum like 512 or 1024 or unlimited....

Low disk space
I am running realy low on hard drive space on my laptop. When I run uninstall I notice all the windows update files. My question is can you uninstall update files or will it remove the updates from my laptop and mess everything up? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated GQrocks wrote: > I am running realy low on hard drive space on my laptop. When I run > uninstall I notice all the windows update files. My question is can > you uninstall update files or will it remove the updates from my > laptop and mess everything up? Any information on this would be &...

Outlook 2007 Rules Do not work 01-26-10
I have just upgraded outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I am running Xp. I have a number of email accounts coming through to my outlook. I want the mail that is addressed to one of my work email accounts to be moved automatically to another sub folder of my inbox. I have tried deleting them and starting from scratch, removing any client machine specific rules and using server based rules etc and I am still stuck, I have seen a lot of posts about this problem but no real solutions. Any ideas would be very gratefully received This all used to work so well with outlook 2003 but ...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Excel
I need to insert a space three characters from the right of a piece of text I have in a cell. How do I do it? I was thinking along the lines of customer formatting but this is proving troublesome as I'm an Excel novice. Thanks, Darren If your piece of text is in cell A1, you could put the following formula into a helper cell (such as B1): =LEFT(A1,3)&" "&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-3). If you want to convert the formula back into text, click on B1, press Ctrl+C to copy it, then click on Edit | Paste Special | Paste: Values | OK. "Dazza" wrote: > I need to in...

Increasing size of store #2
Hey guys, Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think they are necessary. Thanks in advance On 3 Apr 2007 09:24:10 -0700, draelive@gmail.com wrote: >Hey guys, > >Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in >standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then >last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think >they are necessary. > >Thanks in advance You...

Macros running with Validation Rules
I have a worksheet with Validation rules set. But what I need to set is a Macro that runs when the Validation Item List is changed to “Contracted” I would like it to Copy the item that was changed to a Sheet set as Contracted Projects. How can this be obtained? It can probably be done using worksheet event code but........... So far the only item that has been changed is the item "Contracted". Do you want that word copied to another sheet named Contracted Projects? Must be more to this than what you describe. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:47...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

Rules #41
Hi Is there a way to read the server rules in Ex2003 given from OL2003 ? Thank you Ralf ...

Is there a way
G'Day, Is there a way to turn off NDR's in Ex5.5 SP4 on an NT server running SP6a ? Also, can the ability for the server to receive TELNET connections be turned off? My server isn't an open relay, but, I know it's being used to SPAM using DNR's and I can see TELNET connections in the log files.... Thank You, Admin_In_Syd i know that u can turn off the ndrs to be sent from exchange at the standard poliy setting, thats how i configured it at exchange 2000 .... there must be also a setting at exch 5.5, actually i dont remeber it .... "Steve@Home" <sprob@...

I would like to set up my emails by date w/a space inbetween each
Up until a few minutes ago I had my emails separated by a date (i.e. Mondays emails, Tuesday's emails, etc.) I don't know what I did but I would like to change the view back to being able to go to Monday, Tuesday, Last Week, Last Month. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Outlook version please? You can probably find the option to "show in groups" under the view menu/tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/K...

OWA2003 server side rule problem
Hi there, Exchange 2003 running on W2K3 server with BE & FE, BE is also runs AD. Now via FE's OWA, I login & create rule there to auto fwd "send only to me" emails to my personal pop3 mailbox. I found that when exchange receive emails, it did auto fwd a copy out, however my personal pop3 mailbox never receive it. From ESM msg tracking, it said at backend server, date/time SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store date/time SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing date/time SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue date/time SMTP: Message Submitted ...

way to verify time stamp?
Is there a way to verify when a forwarded message to you had originally been sent? I suspect someone is mis- representing themselves and simply typed new fields into the "original message" time and date. If not - is it possible (or at all likely) that someone sent me two emails days ago and they never bounced back and never made it to my inbox, while all other email functions appear completely normal?? Thanks! "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27d701c49d00$dd3315d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to verify when a for...

VB6 Code 1/2 way finished......any suggestions
Have a issue with a VB6 program, had someone write some code, he got 1/2 way thru and decided to work on other projects and keeps putting us on the back burner, been waiting 4 months now, looking at what he has put together looks very nice, but is trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Bill On 4/1/2010 12:48 AM, David Kaye wrote: > "Bill"<got2believe@msn.com> wrote: > >> trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks > > If it'...

Rules wizard problem #5
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3 on Windows XP. I have set up 19 rules to move messages to various other folders based on various criteria. After these rules I have 3 other rules to move various spam to the Deleted Items folders. Then, there's the Adult Content Rule, Junk E-mail Rule, and Exception List. My problem is that some of the messages moved by the first 19 rules gets copied to the Deleted Items folder. There seems to be no logical reasons for this to happen. I have searched posts and can't find an answer to this specific problem. I am wondering if my spam rules should...

trying to figure out a two way lookup to determine a value
I have a large spreadsheet that lists numerous customers. Each custtomer has a code for the service that we provide them and then has a price negotiated at the time of service. We are have set up a price list that gives the service code, in a vertical column and then has a range of dollar values for each service code (about 20 separate codes) ranging from $0 to $75 broken up in 5 grade (E,D,C,B, A) categories. The pricing is different ranges for each service code. What I need to do is have each customer line, take their code, find a match in the Price LIst code, the take the price they are pa...