Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5?

Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are
needed for Exchange 5.5?  In short of making a spreadsheet
of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question I
was hoping MS would have a list.  Thanks in advance.

Steve

I use this site http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx
Just put your current product and service pack level and it will answer you
with the post sp KB's
Hope this helps.

David

"steve" <mis.removethis@johnhcarter.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are
> needed for Exchange 5.5?  In short of making a spreadsheet
> of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question I
> was hoping MS would have a list.  Thanks in advance.

0
dzambranot (13)
4/30/2004 8:16:08 PM
That's it thank you!!!!!

spreadsheet
>> of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question=20
>> was hoping MS would have a list.  Thanks in advance.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/30/2004 8:33:12 PM
That thing doesn't work for squat. Go into the regular Exchange 5.5 KB and
use the search

post-sp4

and you'll turn up tons more.

Ray

"David Zambrano" <dzambranot@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message
> Steve
>
> I use this site http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx
> Just put your current product and service pack level and it will answer
you
> with the post sp KB's
> Hope this helps.
>
> David
>
> "steve" <mis.removethis@johnhcarter.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> > Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are
> > needed for Exchange 5.5?  In short of making a spreadsheet
> > of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question I
> > was hoping MS would have a list.  Thanks in advance.

0
reply_in1 (22)
5/1/2004 3:02:54 AM
How about the MS Baseline Security Analyzer?

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"steve" <mis.removethis@johnhcarter.com> wrote in message
> Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are
> needed for Exchange 5.5?  In short of making a spreadsheet
> of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question I
> was hoping MS would have a list.  Thanks in advance.

0
rasilon1 (689)

I need to give the whole mailbox of A to B
Hi all I have exc2003, outlook2003, win xp and need to do the following. User A was in the company and have a 550MB mailbox. She is now gone and user B has been appointed in her place. How do i get all User A's mail to user B. User B log on with different credentials onto the domain in winxp. Thanks guys This might work for you. You could give User B full mailbox access to User A (AD permissions for User A), then get User B to open User A mailbox in Outlook (Tools - Email Accounts - Next - Change - More Settings - Advanced - Add). From there they will have a set of folders for...

Sorting a List by letters rather than the first character.
I have a list of chemical compound names which I want to sort i alphabetical order. Examples are: 1,2-dimethylbutane, dimethylbutane 2,3,4-trimethylpentane. These need to be sorted by the first letter not the numbers or spaces or commas, ie 'd', 'd' and 't' in the exampl given above rather than 1, 2 and 'd' which is what Excel does b default. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. :) :) : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com wes -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Nigel, You can use a User-Defined-Function to strip out the ...

Address book synchronization between Ex 5.5 and Ex 2003 problem
Address book, public folders are on 5.5, all mailboxes on Ex 2003, when I create new mailbox sometimes i don't see this address in Address Book (2003) but I see on 5,5 . I must recreate account one two times and maybe after this everything is good. The same problem is with rights to public folders, sometimes they don't propagate between servers. What's sulution, to migrate all to 2003 I need one month but problems i have now. Thx rt is your ADC functioning properly? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <kuzynzewschodu@aa.pl> wrote in message news:e8j0ti$d0u$1@helios.domdata.com... &g...

Definition of integer constraint
Please could someone give me the definition of this. I would greatly appreciate it. i need to know in order to continue. thanks in advance. Kimber Suspecting you are looking at solver an integer value is defined as a whole number between the values -32,768 to 32,767 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "kimber" <kimber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F5436F-2F8F-4C44-B24B-EF1284695D4D@microsoft.com... > Please could someone give me the definition of this. I would greatly > appreci...

Run-Time Error 1004 Application-Definition or Object-Definition Error
I can't figure it out, This ran with no problem in my test sheet, but now it gets this error on the ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = _ "=Team Financial Tables!" & StartCategoryAddress & ":" & EndCategoryAddress line. I've triple checked the entire ChartObject section and the named areas referenced and they seem to be good. The error help is NO HELP. I have confirned that the variables have the correct values, but that is where I get stuck. Can someone point me in a good direction? The entire code is below. Thanks Jami...

Exchange Disk Queue
hello, Our disk queue for the drives that host my exchange database files are going off the charts and causing a lot of communication issues. This just started in the last 2 weeks. Does anyone know a way to monitor who is sending and receiving or using exchange so I can diagnose who or what is causing this? thanks Tim http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4BDC1D6B-DE34-4F1C-AEBA-FED1256CAF9A&displaylang=en /Simon "Tim" <tim@dansko.com> wrote in message news:12vii47kadrsna9@corp.supernews.com... > hello, > > Our disk queue for the dri...

outlook startup #5
on my terminal server Outlook keeps telling me that outlook was not shutdown properly and wants to start in safe mode. this happens with everyones accounts. and if I say no to safe mode it still works fine. how do I fix this Peter Peter Labelle <labelle@payfines.ca> wrote: > on my terminal server Outlook keeps telling me that outlook was not > shutdown properly and wants to start in safe mode. this happens with > everyones accounts. and if I say no to safe mode it still works > fine. how do I fix this Do the people close Outlook properly before logging out of the ...

Distribution Lists Add Users
We host exchange for several companies and we have to add some Distribution lists for some of the companies. I create a distribution list but I am only allowed to add members that are within my AD. I would like to add members that are external email address out side of my AD. I know in exchange 5.5 I had to create a custom recipient and then add these recipeints to the DL. Is there an easy way to add these external emails ass members without having to make them users in my AD? josh wrote: > We host exchange for several companies and we have to add some > Distribution lists for...

help needed
I have an excel spreadsheet which has a column of text in it. What I want to know, is it possible to search each row for a specific string and then extract the next 10 characters and copy it into a new colum?? Any help would be appreciated. thanks Is this a programming question (you have posted to several groups). Do you want to search in a single column or do you want to search the entire row. How about selecting all cells of interest and doing Edit=>Find which whole unchecked. If you turn on the macro recorder while you do this manually, this will provide you the code you need ...

Need Help Please
Hello, I have a simple code for spell check Private Sub Command542_Click() DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub However in usage I am finding that this code is not checking subforms and some memo fields. Do you have any sug. in modifying the code to check subforms.. thks a million la -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

I posted here in December and January but when I used "search for
I posted here in December and January but when I used "search for" to find all of my posts, the December and January posts did not appear but the older posts did. b11_ wrote: > I posted here in December and January but when I used "search for" to find > all of my posts, the December and January posts did not appear but the older > posts did. I did a quick search and found stuff from oct nov dec and jan guess your news server dropped them I always use a few different news-servers as the results vary "b11_" <b11@discussions.mic...

What is the definition for declaration respective a definition
Hi! For example this snippet is a definition of a class class Test { .... } If I write int? tal = 5; Is this a definition or a declaration. So when do a use the terminologi definition and when do I use the terminologi declaration. Does it exist any clear definition when to which one ? //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > For example this snippet is a definition of a class > class Test > { > .... > } > > If I write > int? tal = 5; > Is this a definition or a declaration. I'd call it a declaration. I don't thin...

Help with Exchange 2003 deploymenr architecture
I have been using Exchange 2003 in my company for a while without any problems.We have just opened a subsidiary in India.For the couple users there, we setup Pop3 for email. Unofrtunately, the performance is very bad.I huess this could be due to latency.Is there a way for me to deploy a secondary Exchange server in India? If so , how does one set it up to sync with the main Exchange server in the US? Thanks in advance. If POP3 performance is horrible, I'm not sure what you are expecting to see in terms of replication performance.... Adding an Exchange server (and AD GC) locally wou...

Will exchange calendar update tool update the recurring meetings?
Hi all, Will exchange calendar update tool update the recurring meetings? In my test envir. it did not update the recurring meetings. Thank you. Yes, by default it should do both recurring and single instance. Todd "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55FAD4F1-258B-48C8-B979-EAE909B420D3@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Will exchange calendar update tool update the recurring meetings? In my > test envir. it did not update the recurring meetings. > > Thank you. > > Thank you. I just found out users' recurring m...

Obtaining Post-Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP-3) hotfix AKA Outlook 2000 Hangs after opening 20003
I have a number of users using both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2000 on our Exchange 2000 server.. Many of them are now having hang problems when exiting Outlook 2000. I am pretty sure this post hot-fix MS describes will fix the problem but I don't know how to DL it. We are MSDN susbscribers. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834005 Call 1-800-936-4900 (press 3 for hotfixes) and tell them you're calling to obtain the hotfix described in KB [number] and they should fix you right up. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneN...

Contact list navigation
Hi there, I have a contacts list which is becoming quite large and I want to tidy it up and make it easier to navigate. The list will be used by a number of people who are on phones and who do not need the ability to edit the list. Ideally I would like to be able to strike a letter for example 'M' and be taken to the location in the excel sheet where all items beginning with 'M' start. It would also be great if I could type a 2nd letter for example 'I' and this would show me all entries beginning with 'MI'. I have been experimenting with the auto filter funct...

Account definitions
Where are the email account definitions stored? I need to get the info for a new install of Outlook. TIA -- Bill Sorry-I don't know but will find out ASAP. Thanks "bill" wrote: > Where are the email account definitions stored? I need to get the info for a > new install of Outlook. TIA > -- > Bill http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011323031033.aspx hey tis is all u need i guess!!! hope it helps! "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE2D6FBA-469D-425E-92E4-3C00ED6A4EC0@microsoft.com... > Where are...

Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 SP2
Hi, Wondering if anyone has had problems with applying Windows 2003 SP2 on an Exchange 2003 SP2 server.. Thanks !!! -- On 11 Apr, 11:59, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpa...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Wondering if anyone has had problems with applying Windows 2003 SP2 on an > Exchange 2003 SP2 server.. > > Thanks !!! > > -- I applied it to my Exchange Server 2003 Standard almost three weeks ago now and have had no apparent problems - my Exchange Server is not heavily used just yet though, still pretty much trialling it with a small group. ...

5.5 to 2003 upgrade ?'s
Currently have: - One Exchange 5.5 server in a single Win2k3 AD domain (1 DC). - 35 users total. - Mailboxes vary from 20 MB - 2 GB (ave: 500 MB). - Sybari/MS Antigen 7.6 Moving to: - One Exchange 2003 Server Server I'm aiming to procure... Dell PowerEdge SC1425 dual Xeon 2.8s with 2 GB RAM. Will 2 x 80 GB SATA drives suffice (no RAID)? Or will need to go with SCSI? Or SCSI and some flavor of RAID (for performance and/or redundancy)? I assume it's still possible to split logs and database on different drives with 2003? I'm looking to get two years use from th...

Comparing Lists of text using colors or by other means
I have two lists of account names (for example). 500 names in column A and 1000 names in column B. I would like to highlight or somehow alter the names in column B that are in Column A without using the find and replace function.. I do not want to do it one at a time but cannot figure out how to do it with the entire range all at once? Goal is to then use the data associated with the highlighted cells in column B for reports etc. You could use a formula in column C that would indicate if the value in column B appears anywhere in column A. =isnumber(match(b1,a:a,0)) And drag down as far...

I only need the Date not the time in an email template
I'm making an e-mail template for a quote. In the template I use data fields also the date of the quote. In the e-mail it will show the date and the time but I don't want the time. Is there anyone who can help me in solving this? Thx in advance This is the result of a mistake made by the developer. My Bad! ;-) While writing the e-mail template editor I neglected to allow you to choose whether or not you wanted date, time or date and time. There is a manual fix for this, although it is a little tricky. Each email template actually get's stored as XML. The xml document is...

List in Excel
I am trying to create a quick and dirty Serial Number list to load into Avery. I need to create a serial number list that goes something will repeat the same line 4 times (Cell A1:A4) and then move up sequentially in Cells A5:A8, without having to manually type it in, ie: A001 A001 A001 A001 A002 A002 A002 A002 A003 etc Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Rowf, A1 = A001 A2 = A002 Select both cells and drag down as far as you want to go. Select all the cells in your list and copy them to the cell below the last one. Copy and paste twice more. Your list will look somet...

Smart List Builder issue with SP3 install
I ran into an issue with SLB when installing SP3 on GP10. WHen running GPUtilities it would start the update and fail with an update on DU000010. I basically had to remove any reference to SLB in the .set files in order to finish the SP3 install. I've tried doing add/remove on SLB, but that didn't fix it either. The following is the tail of the duinstall.log: Component Start : 2/1/2009 at 6:03:23 PM -- Starting Company : DYNAMICS Message encountered ON 2/1/2009 at 6:03:23 PM. Message: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\3830\Upgrade.dll,UPGRADE_10_0_67_SYSTEM\DE...

a disk file copy function is needed
Hi, I badly need two functions or supports in MFC or Win32 but wonder if they exist. The first function is to pack files into one container file. And the second function is to copy these files out of the container file. I can simply pack files into IStreams in a IStoage and then programmatically read them (IStream::Read) and write to new files (CFile::Write). But performance is quite bad because these files can be very huge. The second function above, if it exists, is fast because it is, in some degree, to bypass the main memory and directly copy files across disk spaces. No 3rd...

Exchange 2007 server keeps rebooting
I have noticed several reboots on my exchange 2007 server but can not find out what is causing these - any ideas? It also bothers me that these show up as information and not warnings. Thanks! Event Type: Information Event Source: W3SVC Event Category: None Event ID: 1074 Date: 4/9/2007 Time: 10:20:53 AM User: N/A Computer: BS-MAIL01 Description: A worker process with process id of '3948' serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' has requested a recycle because the worker process reached its allowed processing time limit. For more information, see Help and Support...