Is it possible to use logon name as a variable in exchange 2007 email address creation?

We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007

in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows
2000 logon name to be precisie), e,g for user "John Doe" the logon might be
"JohnD"

Email addresses were generated using the logon name.

Is that possible in exchange 2007?

regards

Frank

0
Frank

Frank formulated the question :
> We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007

> in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000
> logon name to be precisie), e,g for user "John Doe" the logon might be
> "JohnD"

> Email addresses were generated using the logon name.

> Is that possible in exchange 2007?

> regards

> Frank

and expose all your internal logins to every spam king in town?

grtz

0
chriske911
2/8/2010 10:47:31 AM
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:37:41 -0000, "Frank" <noreply@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007
>
>in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows
>2000 logon name to be precisie), e,g for user "John Doe" the logon might be
>"JohnD"

If that's so you must have written some sort of custom replacement. Or
perhaps you just happen to set the value of the mailNickname property
for the user to be the same as the sAMAccountname property. But
Exchange 2003 (and 2007) only use these variables in the policies:

%i	= initials
%g	= given name
%s	= surname
%m	= alias (mailNickname)
%d	= display name

>Email addresses were generated using the logon name.

Or maybe it was the "alias"?

>Is that possible in exchange 2007?

What was possible in 2003 is possible in 2007.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
2/8/2010 1:27:04 PM
Thanks Rich

The use of Alias might well work

> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:37:41 -0000, "Frank" <noreply@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007
>>
>>in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows
>>2000 logon name to be precisie), e,g for user "John Doe" the logon might
>>be
>>"JohnD"
>
> If that's so you must have written some sort of custom replacement. Or
> perhaps you just happen to set the value of the mailNickname property
> for the user to be the same as the sAMAccountname property. But
> Exchange 2003 (and 2007) only use these variables in the policies:
>
> %i = initials
> %g = given name
> %s = surname
> %m = alias (mailNickname)
> %d = display name
>
>>Email addresses were generated using the logon name.
>
> Or maybe it was the "alias"?
>
>>Is that possible in exchange 2007?
>
> What was possible in 2003 is possible in 2007.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
Frank

Exchange Server Name on Emails
We use an internal domain, so our 2003 Exchange Server is server1.domainname.local. Our email addresses are user@realdomain.com. When we send out email, the recipient sees the server as server1.domainname.local, and on occasion our mail is rejected because "reverse DNS failed." Is there anyway for our Exchange Server to show the server name to be servername.realdomain.com on the address that accompanies the email message? You can change this in the properties of the SMTP Virtual Server in Exchange System Manager. 1. Right click on the SMTP Virtual Server. Choose Propertie...

Use security pack
--bxyqgmrjygldw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mmhdpdiu"; type="multipart/alternative" --mmhdpdiu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zjouwiminzlcixbfc" --zjouwiminzlcixbfc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the...

How do I install and set up Outlook 2003 with a Yahoo address?
I am new to Outlook and I don't know how to set it up? I use a Yahoo email address and I don't even know if I need a the Microsoft Exchange Server or POP3. Would you please help with step by step instructions? Thank you Only paid Yahoo POP3 accts can use Outlook. Use your browser to access your free Yahoo mail instead. MS Exchanges are for businesses. You would use the POP3 setup if you had a POP acct. You get those thru your Internet Service Provider. "nudough" wrote: > I am new to Outlook and I don't know how to set it up? I use a Yahoo email > address a...

problem using self built DLL
I made an MFC extension DLL, but I couldn't get it working on the client application. Can somebody please tell me what I did wrong in the procedure: 1. I started an MFC extension DLL project called "MyDll". I added a class called "MyClass" and added the keyword AFX_EXT_CLASS in the class declaration in the header file. 2. I built the project and copied the files "MyDll.dll" and "MyDll.lib" to the client project folder. 3. In the client project settings, I added the file MyDll.lib in the linker - input section. 4. I made a MyDll.h file with the li...

Oops, saved over and closed original xls file... (recovery possible?)
Please help me out here. Unfortunately I saved over an original file and then closed excel. Lost quite a bit of work. Thanks in advance, jermacg --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry, unless you have a back up file or you are on a Network which saves the days work, if you've overwritten your file its gone forever, Alan. "jermacg" <jermacg.ypfhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jermacg.ypfhz@excelforum-nospam.com... > Please help me out here. Unfortunately I saved over an original file > and then closed excel. Lost quite a bit of...

How to use
I am building COM add-ins to POS with VB.NET I'd like tu use QSRules.Session.Database to run stored procedure But I don't know how. Procedure has one input parameter and the other is output parameter. Can anyone know how I should do that? Thanks, Ene You're not going to be able use the output parameter using the functions in QSRules. You need a command object to set the parameters and retrieve the output value after running the command. QSRules will let you run a sp that returns a recordset, but nothing that lets you work with a command as far as I know. You can steal the...

Is a cell color change possible with a formula?
Is it possible to have a cell background color change when a particular condition is met? In this case, specifically a DATE. When an item is entered in a row, one of the entries is the current date. Then when the item is complete, a "completed by" date is also entered in a different cell and yet another cell displays the amount of days an item took to get completed. Is it possible that that 1st cell with the entered date can turn red when 3 days have gone by and nothing has been entered in the c"completed by" cell? Thanks for reading! "Edward" <2...

high-priority emails deliverable
hi guys, our exchange server seems to have a problem with high-priorty emails. It don't seem to delivery any emails with high-priority tag, and bounce back with a undeliverable notification. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance shawn What is the content of the NDR that you get back ? Paul -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "SC" <SC@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10cb183aouegm70@corp.supernews.com... > > hi guys, > > our exchange server seems to have a problem with high-priorty emails...

Cannot send emails using outlook 2002
I have two email accounts set up in outlook 2002. I can receive emails on both but my emails wont go out. They are returned for "relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first" What do I have to do to fix this? Authenticate. Check your server tab on the Account properties. Set it to authenticate. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J...

Entourage 2008: clicking on calendar item changes name, doesn't open it?
I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and found a really weird thing: unlike Entourage 2004, when I click on an item in my calendar, instead of opening it, it lets me change its title (type into its name). It's driving me nuts - I want to open the item when I click on it. Can that be changed back somehow? Mike On 1/12/10 4:05 PM, Michael Levin wrote: > I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and found a really weird thing: > unlike Entourage 2004, when I click on an item in my calendar, > instead of opening it, it lets me change its title (type into its > name). It's...

printing labels - using Avery # - not lining up
Using Word 2007 - running windows XP - labels are not lining up - is there some adjustment/calibration to do somewhere to get the labels to print correctly? 1. You have added a header/footer to normal.dotm (rename normal.dotm) 2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size of the label sheet. 3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog 4. Your printer has poor paper handling. Some printers will slip when faced with label stock and thus are incapable of feeding the label correctly. Cleaning the rollers in the print path...

Address Book renaming contacts. (2 questions)
For WHATEVER reason Outlook 2002 - XP is renaming my contacts in my address book.. so when I try and use autocomplete it doesn't work. (Type in "Sha" to get the choice between Shadow and Sha'mer and it just gives me Sha'mer) So - gritting my teeth - I go in and change the name of the contact BACK to Shadow and it STILL doesn't register in the autocomplete. 1) How the (ahem) do I get Outlook to stop renaming my contacts? 2) How do I get it to recognize names in the autocomplete? I now have about 7 that it doesn't, and it's a royal pain. Thanks for your tim...

Exchange 2003 OWA Repair or Exchange Move?
I have an Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 that is a domain controller in a resource domain in a classic account/resource domain configuration. Over time, OWA has been "corrupted" somehow in that it will no longer accept logons from the account domain with all of its normal users. Those using Outlook 2003 can use the server without problem. I would like to know what kind of checklist I can follow in the IIS MMC for OWA (and OMA) and also the Exchange Manager MMC to fix this problem. Failing that, I would like to know how to re-install OWA to its base configuration. Failing th...

Question about how VB6 uses dependincy files
I seem to remember a discussion here about putting ocx and other files in the program folder instead of in the system folder and that the vb program would find them there. I was not able to find what I was looking for so thought that I would ask the experts here, to go over it again. I tried this once and it did not work and I moved the dependent files to the system folder, but I may have been trying to do it wrong. :-) Not unusual for me. 1) For instance if I put the sqlite dll in the program folder will the vb program look for it there first? If so will it load it for db use a...

How to deal with empty element using ReadXML
below is a very simple XML file. I use ReadXml to read data. When it reaches an empty element as <Product /> below, my program crashes. The error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. How can I assign a value to this empty element? Thanks Bill --------------------- - <Inventory Type="Physical"> <Product /> <TankNumber>0031022207-1</TankNumber> <UserDefinedTag>0</UserDefinedTag> <DateTime>2007-07-11T03:52:00</DateTime> <Volume>0</Volume> <Ullage>1...

[exchange 2000] Block spam address
Hi All, I have some addresses that receive spam every day, all the messages come from the same sender so I want to block the sender. I could do this on the client side but then an other user can get the messages so I would like to block the sender on the server side. I was wondering how to do that. I have searched on TechNet but the most there is about exchange 2003. Maybe you could help me, hope so ! Go into Exchange system manager, then global settings, right click on message delivery and choose properties, then click on the Sender Filtering tab. In there you can define sen...

outlooks sends multiple copies of same email
I am running Windows Vista home Premium with Microsoft Office Professional 2007 - Outlook has started to send mulitple copies of emails when there is an attachment. They stay in the outbox as though they still have not gone anywhere - they do not appear in the sent box - however the recipient will get up to 30 times - it can be worse if the email is also going to multiple people - but there does not seem to be any pattern - you have to wait until it gets an error message and then delete it or move to another folder eg Draft. You do not know how many times it is sent until someon...

Using Validation Rule
I currently use Access to maintain an mailing list. Bulk mailing address requirements only allow capital letters, no punctuation or other characters. I have limited the capitalization in the function. I would like to use the validation rule below. The problem is it does not allow the use of space between text as needed Rule: Is Null Or Not Like "*[!((a-z) or (0-9))]*" Accepts A to Z and 0 to 9, but no punctuation or other characters. Thanks for your help. I tried this in the Properties-Validation Rule box. I get an "invalid syntax" error message. Unfortunately I have...

Permission to use object denied.
I have a user on a Windows 2000 machine with user rights. The user is also running office 97. When he opens a excel speedsheet and Enable's Macros, he gets the following message; "Permission to use object denied". Hi Shannon............ It sounds like there is some sort of link to another workbook that a macro is calling and your user does not have rights to it. I think I would open the book without enabling the macros, and then take a look at them to see if one is trying to do such a thing. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Shannon" <Shannon507@aol.com>...

Outlook Rules: possible to use 'AND' operator?
In Outlook 2003, I can't find a way to use the 'and' operator when setting up a rule. For example, if I create a rule that moves messages with specific words in the subject, Outlook inserts the 'or' operator in between each word that I add. Is there a way to use 'and' instead? Thanks... As far as I know, no. "D.P. Roberts" <fakeaddress@fake.com> wrote in message news:es6$wwuuFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2003, I can't find a way to use the 'and' operator when setting > up a rule. For example, if I create a rule...

Is it possible to.........
Is it possible to return a cell to zero after it displays a minus number result in a cell. ? The minus result is the result of code being run and it can result in more than one cell in a range eg A1:A10 I do not want a formula to be used. Any pointers on this will be most appreciated. Pat I for one do not understand. What exactly do you mean by '... after it displays a minus number result in a cell...' and '... minus result is the result of code being run and it can result in more than one cell in a range eg A1:A10...'? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email addr...

c103b404 SSL certificate server name is incorrect
I kept on getting a c103b404 everytime I tried to access the Folder list in Exchange System Manager (Exchange 2003) To solve this problem add the internal ip address and the extenal FQDN in the machines hosts file. c:\windows\system32\drivers\hosts 10.10.10.12 owa.mycompany.com Hope this solution helps. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! ...

dividing currency as equally as possible
I'm trying to figure out a function/formula to calculate how to dispurse say $10.00 between 3 cells as equally as possible. IF A1 = $10.00, and B1, C1, and D1 each equal A1/3, then each get $3.33 equalling $9.99, when in fact I need two of them to get $3.33 and one of them to get $3.34 for the accurate total of $10.00. Financially, I MUST account for each penny! Interestingly, it's not important which cell gets which amount! Any help would be appreciated! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could just set D1 to A1-B1-C1. For division of an amount into 3 parts...

Excel 2007 "document not saved" when on a network share AND file set as an offline file
Hello~ Have this annoying REPEATABLE problem with Excel 2007 running on Vista Business saving to a share on Windows Server 2003. On the client, Vista and Excel all up-to-date with SPs, the machine is part of a domain, and some files on different shares are set to be available offline. On the server, Windows 2003 also up-to-date, the client user has full permissions in all the directories in question - both share permissions and NTFS permissions), and the directory is set to make only files users specify to be available offline. Client has no problem opening and saving files in Excel that ar...

Global Address List Issues. #2
Hello everyone. I have yet another question. This is a good one. I have set up a dummy Exchange account so that I could share the address book that belongs to it. This makes it so that I can have a company Contacts Database from which everyone in the company can e-mail from. This is the issue. When I am sending a new message, and I hit the To button, I want this list to come up as e-mail recipient options. Can this be done? If so, what is the best way to accomplish this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- darylakagod A public folder would be a bette...