is it a problem to install 931836 on client *before* updating server?

i'm just wondering if there will be a problem with installing the
KB931836 on our XP client machines before doing any other DST
updates?  i can easily go through and change this if i have to, but i
want to know if it will cause that much of a problem in the grand
scheme of things.

That's the preferred/recommended way, but don't let too much time pass
between the clients getting 931836 and your rebasing. Appointments created
between the time they get 931836 time zone update to when you rebase may get
wrongly rebased.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

<skywiseguy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> i'm just wondering if there will be a problem with installing the
> KB931836 on our XP client machines before doing any other DST
> updates?  i can easily go through and change this if i have to, but i
> want to know if it will cause that much of a problem in the grand
> scheme of things.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/28/2007 2:23:13 AM
On Feb 27, 9:23 pm, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsun...@no.spam.org>
wrote:
> That's the preferred/recommended way, but don't let too much time pass
> between the clients getting 931836 and your rebasing. Appointments created
> between the time they get 931836 time zone update to when you rebase may get
> wrongly rebased.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchangewww.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>
> <skywise...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > i'm just wondering if there will be a problem with installing the
> > KB931836 on our XP client machines before doing any other DST
> > updates?  i can easily go through and change this if i have to, but i
> > want to know if it will cause that much of a problem in the grand
> > scheme of things.- Hide quoted text -

I have a follow-up question to this one.

What if the client machines were updated and the tzmove.exe tool run
on those clients right afterward?  Does it matter if a day or so
passes before KB931836  and the Exchange CDO patch is installed on the
servers?

This happened yesterday after some clients did a Windows Update on
their own.  Luckily, it was caught, and I ran tzmove on those
workstations.  We have opted not to run the tool from Exchange (we're
a small shop).

Thanks!
Tara
Tara

0
TSBallard (6)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Updated KB: Thin Line Appears and Is Printed Outside Object with Border and Fill Applied
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290911 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Problem with Authentication

Trying to remove the last Exchange 5.5 server from my site
I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Rusty http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=ech E "Rusty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367e01c3aa25$d8731b40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange > server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error > message: "Extension 'MSFB'...

We had a disaster on our Great Plains SQL Server I need help
We are in the process of restoring our MS SQL Server and the 24 Company databases. We could not reinstall to the orginal sql Server instance name, but we could create a new instance and restore to it. But now security does not appear to be working I believe because we didn't restore the master. Is this a problem that we restored to another instance name. Will this casue us a problem with anything in the dynamics database? How can I get my security back without restoring the master database. There is nothing in the GP application or in te Dynamics database that would cause the...

calendar problem

problem #4

Microsoft exchange server #2
I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" and "Mailbox". What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? What do I put in "Mailbox" box? acanduds@hotmail.com Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. > Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" > and "Mailbox". > What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? > What do I put in "Mailbox" box? Were ...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Embedded activex control and auto install
Hi, I've written an activex control which is to be used in any Office application. The user can modify and save/load the document hosting the control just fine. But how about if a user inserts my activex control in his document, and then emails the document to another user who doesn't have my activex control installed? What happens is that the office application pops up an alert saying that the control cannot be activated since it is not installed on the computer. What I would like is that the control autoinstalls (after a confirm) and the user doesn't have to do it manuall...

Adding a second server to OWA
Im runnning an exchange 2003 enviroment. I recently added a second exchange server to the domain to house email for another division. The share the same smtp domain as use. When I try to access OWA (which is point at server 1) and I login with an acount who's mailstore is on a the second server, I get a generic "Page cannot be displayed". Is there something I need to do to make OWA aware of the second server, or do I need to add a third server who would become a FE server. Thanks That is one of the benefits on a FE server, a single namespace. I would recommend that a...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Directory Replication Problem #2

XBox 360 controller not installing
I just got an XBox 360 controller for the PC ("XBox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit") and the driver from http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&name=JR9-00001&os=XP_SP2&lang=en but it's still not showing in the Game Controllers control panel, nor being recognized by my games. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers with no luck. I press the "X" button and the ring flashes green: Three fast, then 12 slow. Ports are OK, no other USB devices connected. Any...

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

Resource editor problems

Any way to view users passwords in server 2003 AD ?
Is there any way to view users passwords in Server 2003 AD ? We run a server 2003 SP2 domain, us Administrators have a list of all users password on a spreadsheet, locked up. We need their passwords in the event we must sign onto their computers as an admin while they are away, we log back into the computer with their user name/password when done. You would be surprised how many people "do not" look at the user name when they log on - we had panic --- I can not log in, we go to their desktop and the user name is that of one of the administrators - user did not look. ...

Cell Format