IP Address

I am using privat IP address on my network and I am about to run out. I would like to change to a class A address range but I am not sure how it will affect my Exchange 2000 server. The task seems easy enough, I just cannot find any information on it will do to Exchange.
0
jbushon (1)

"jbushon" <jbushon@childrensctr.net> wrote:

>I am using privat IP address on my network and I am about to run out. I would like to change to a class A address range but I am not sure how it will affect my Exchange 2000 server. The task seems easy enough, I just cannot find any information on it will do to Exchange.

Change the IP address and that of the DNS server, if that's changing
as well.
You'll probably have a few name resolution problems for a short while
so make sure you do it in the dead of night or at a weekend.
Exchange isn't too concerned about IP addresses, only names are very
important.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
1/30/2004 4:10:10 PM
Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

Address lists make no sense at all
Can anybody make sense of Exchange address lists? I'm trying to create a custom list. It doesn't seem that I can just pick what users I want like creating a group (why?) so for each user and group I want in this list, I added "bc" to CustomAttribute1. So I create a new list and specify the filter. I say where CustomAttribute1 Is "bc" for Users. All the users I want are listed but the groups aren't. So I add the same criteria for groups so that there are two "CustomAttribute1 Is bc" entries; one for users, one for groups. If finds nothing. If I ...

auto complete email address
I recently installed Office 2000 and downloaded Service Release 1A and SP3. I expected from documentation to be able to go to the "Advanced Email Options" and select "Suggest names when completing TO, CC, and BCC" This would allow me to type in only a few letters of the Email address and the address would then be completed (If it is in the address book). But there is no place to make this choice. Do I need Office 2003 for this feature to work No, the feature works on already entered addresses - enter the address and when you attempt to input it again, it will sugges...

IM Vendor Address
Greetings group, I'm using the IM to upload data to GP everything was fine, but now, when I'm trying to upload the vendor's address, the IM it seems to upload the data correctly, I mean it doesn't display any error, but al data level, the table is empty. Any idea of what's happening here? Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the default integrations that are already there. Best Regards >I'm using the default integrations that are already there.< What default integrations? Are you importing vendor addresses into a new company database? are you just p...

Send to ip address
Is there a way to send the journal entries (receipt copy) to an ip address? I'm trying to integrate into the cctv system (security cameras) which accepts the data via an ip address / port #5111. I would like to do it with the software rather than have more hardware (serial tap onto printer). Thanks Robert I am trying to do that same thing but I am trying to make it work thru a 2nd printer that wont be there. "Orbyog" wrote: > Is there a way to send the journal entries (receipt copy) to an ip address? > I'm trying to integrate into the cctv system (security cam...

Mac address on vista
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to find the mac address for my wireless card in vista. I'm having some difficulty as neither ipconfig /all nor wireless card properties from device manager seems to have the info. I know I could physically look at the card and get the number, but I would really like to learn how to find it through the software. Thanks. This works in WinXP, may be the same in Vista: Open a Command Prompt window and enter: getmac /v Good luck! "capitan" <me39@privacy.net> wrote in message news:5Qm3n.4381$Mv3.2342@newsfe05.i...

OUtlook Express Address Book #2
I just updated from Outlook Express 5.0 to 6.0 and it did not work. Now I have restored everything but my existing address book would not load and I cannot do anything with the address book. I can't view it or even add new contact to it. Any help out there??? ...

Filtering messages from mydomain.com to mydomain.com if the originator's IP doesn't match my IP block
Can I do that in Exchange 2000/2003 and, if so - how? Thanks! You can do it on exchange 2003, by enabling sender id. see http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_sender_id_in_exchange_sp2.htm "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message news:uShKcMfIGHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Can I do that in Exchange 2000/2003 and, if so - how? > > Thanks! > > After Uninstalling/Reinstalling IMF, the Sender ID tab is missing from the global message delivery options in ESM. How do I get it back? Thanks! "Tom Felts" <tfelts@nospam.mckennalong.com>...

A 2nd version 2007 contact address book?
Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. I do not use enterprise, just ppo. tia shellyf wrote: > Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? > If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain > e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. Point to the Contacts folder. Right-click. Add new subfolder and name whatever you like. Now you have another contact-type folder. If ...

ip numbers overflow
Thought I would do a simple lookup to see where login attempts are coming from. Imported table with ip addresses. I compare the following ip_num to a table to find the block range and it works fine except.... ip_num: ([A]*16777216)+([B]*65536)+([C]*256)+[D] if A is too large I get an overflow. I realize that the datatype needs to be a Long but so far my attempts to use CLng haven't helped. Thought this would be a simple thing. Any ideas. Thanks, Scott Acess 2003 sorry Because it uses short integers. Try: ip_num: ([A]*CDEC(16777216))+([B]*CDEC(65536))+([C]*CDEC(256))+[D] "sc...

Export email addresses? (somewhat urgent)
This is a fairly urgent question - we are closing our business for the hurricane and want to send an email to our clients letting them know of our closure. This email needs to come from a person in our company who is not on CRM, therefore, I can't do a CRM email. So, I need to export selected email addresses in a format that can be sent to someone else (Excel, Word???) so they can copy & paste it into an email. How do I do this?? HELP! Thank you! Andrea Andrea. Sorry by the hurricane. Hope that these can help you. If you use Query Analizer of SQL you can write a simple query a...

How do I group contacts in my address book.
In outlook address book how do I group certain contact???? OS vista, Outlook 07 mrives, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Outlook -- hth Al Campagna "mrives" <mrives@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80226D4F-25DD-41A2-829D-EC454B60C811@microsoft.com... > In outlook address book how do I group certain contact???? OS vista, > Outlook 07 ...

Address Lists #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C524AC.4E5782E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a solution (MS, script or 3rd Party) to get the = 5000+ external contacts I have in public folders into an address list? = I know how to set that up on clients to display the public folder. Some = people need access to 5 or so different PF and we are looking at various = CRM solutions that would created more nested public folder contact = lists... just looking for another solutions...

proxi addresses
I have just installed sbs 2003. Some users required multiple email addresses. I modified the policy as well as just added them to the users email addresses. Mail is being bounced from all of these addresses!!! I can send to the "default" address, but the rest are being bounced with a non deliverable ( The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.) messag Any ideas.... is this a "new" problem thankyo Check the recipient policy that you modified ...

Postmaster and IP
It looks like there is a blackhole list that is blocking my server from a Exchange 2000 exploit that was allowing some chinese hackers to relay SPAM from my server. That has long since changed and that server is gone. I have a new server now, with the same IP and therefore I am still on the list. To get off the list they need to reply to my request to postmaster@ipa.ddr.ess.sss. The ONLY way to allow this to happen to add the IP address to my recipient policy and then add postmaster as an aliad for a user? -- - I am Johnny This should help you out: http://www.msexchange.org/arti...

Mail header contain physical node IP instead virtual IP
Hello I have exchange 2003 with SP1 on windows 2003 cluster. When we sending to internet from exchange cluster the mail header contain the physical node IP instead of exchange virtual IP, and cause our mail rejected remote host because they are doing reverse lookup Any Idea how I force to exchange that it will put the virtual IP in sending mail header instead physical Nagori Second result on Google http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.clustering/browse_thread/thread/4191473d1dc25394/b1190f4f791ab372?q=virtual+ip+node+smtp++group:microsoft.public.exchange.*&...

I can not see new users in Global Address list
Hi, when I create a new user I dont see them in the "Global Address List" although they have exchange properties. these users are not hidden either.. any ideas of why this would hapen and how can i fix it? thanks Mike if you are running Outlook in "cached mode", update the offine address book, or take Outlook out of cached mode... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mike Davilar" <info@nestech.net> wrote in message news:uHrzzGQ9FHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > when I create a new user I dont see them in the "Global Address List" > alt...

IP stack
Hi, I'd like to accomplish this (pseudo code): if ( domain = host1.domain1.com || ip = w.x.y.z ) { domain = host2.domain2.com; ip = dnslookup ( domain ); } On the tcp stack, effectively transparently replacing one ip by another. This requires some low level access to tcp packets so data fields can be manipulated, like firewalls, proxies, nats and pats do. It can be easily accomplished with iptables on linux platform. But how could I implement such thing? Many years ago, I remembered that on the pc you could REPLACE the standard winsock.dll with a proxy stub that takes the p...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

Exchange Address E-Mail Types ???
looking at some user configurations of our email server running Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 SP1. * this server was running Exchange 5.5 a couple of years ago. User Properties -> E-mail Addresses Type: ccmail ms X400 X400 X500 I've noticed that newer users don't have these, and only have one x400 address. are these needed? what does each one do ? thanks On 1 Mar 2007 08:03:09 -0800, "DakotaDogg" <egiblock@gmail.com> wrote: >looking at some user configurations of our email server > >running Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 SP1. > >...

Email address property "internet format"
I'm having an issue with an imported contact list. I imported over 1,000 contacts into a contacts folder from a csv document. I divided to list into small distribution list. The problem is that when I try to send a message I receive the following error "The format of the recipient's e-mail address isn't valid. A valid address looks like this: username@contoso.com. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try sending the message again, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administr...

pop3 address line
I am running Outlook 2002 SP1. When I put the correct pop server information in the pop line as in pop.starband.net when I come back it will always be changed to "localhost" without the quotes. Also it appends "/pop.starband.net" without the quotes to the user name line. It seems to work most of the time but this is the only computer i am having this to happen on. Any ideas? Thanks, Wesley ...

Share address book between Outlook and Outlook Express
Hello. With Outlook 2003, there was an undocumented feature that allows the address book to be shared by adding the value "UseOutlook" in the registry. This worked. I upgraded to Outlook 2007 (Beta), but I can't share the address book. The value "UseOutlook" is still there. Any ideas. Thanks! Installing a beta isn't an upgrade. Did you create a new Outlook profile from scratch after you installed the beta? State more clearly what you did and what happened instead of what you thought should happen so someone with a clean installation can attempt a repro....

How do I manually add email addresses in Outlook 2003?
Outlook 2003 came with my new computer. I'm having a problem adding email addresses manually. I get an error message saying that I can't create addresses for my Outlook address book. I created a "personal address book" but when I try to add an address (manually), it asks me for "email type" and there is no explanation in "Help" about this field. I've used earlier versions of Outlook & this is very frustrating. I've created entries in "Contacts" but those email addresses do not automatically populate the email address line. The...

can I copy a column of email addresses, paste into email address?
I too have a list of email addresses in one column and would like to insert all addresses into one email for a mass mailing, is it possible to do without copy and pasting each email address in one at a time? I'd use this. Insert a new column to the right of the email address column. I'm gonna use A for my email column and B for my new column. Put this in B1: =A1 put this in B2: =B1&";"&A2 (Change the separator to what you need) And drag down the column. Copy that last cell and paste into your email to: field. Lizizfree wrote: > > I too have a list of e...

simple address db
i need to create a simple phone/address db and i'm having a bit of trouble making it simple, and i need to because the people who will be using it have no access knowledge i have a lot of companies and those companies have several contacts each with different departments (one to many - no prob), however its all different kinds of departments depending on the company. also, some smaller companies have no contact person its just the company phone number so no contact name (i hate dealing with null fields) i have run this all into a really simple user form for lookup but wha...