invitation goes to more than one person

When I send an invitation to a user(A) it goes to another user(B) also.  B
happens to have their account disabled so naturally postmaster sends back an
undeliverable message.  I can only find one thing with mention to user B in
user A's settings.  That is user B is listed as a "Direct Report" in the
"Organization" tab.  I can't edit this field directly and all I have read is
that it is populated when you assign a manager.  The weird thing is that the
manager isn't the same as the user B in this field.  Does this field have
anything to do with the invitation going to user B when I send it to user A?
If not, where should I start looking?  Also, what is "Direct Report" used
for, how is it populated, etc...  Maybe a few links will clear me up (my
searching skills aren't there today, or something).  TIA.

-Steven-

0
me8028 (83)

The direct reports aren't involved.
It is acting like the user(A) has a delegate configured to receive their
meeting requests.

Joseph M. Durnal

"Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> When I send an invitation to a user(A) it goes to another user(B) also.  B
> happens to have their account disabled so naturally postmaster sends back
> an undeliverable message.  I can only find one thing with mention to user
> B in user A's settings.  That is user B is listed as a "Direct Report" in
> the "Organization" tab.  I can't edit this field directly and all I have
> read is that it is populated when you assign a manager.  The weird thing
> is that the manager isn't the same as the user B in this field.  Does this
> field have anything to do with the invitation going to user B when I send
> it to user A? If not, where should I start looking?  Also, what is "Direct
> Report" used for, how is it populated, etc...  Maybe a few links will
> clear me up (my searching skills aren't there today, or something).  TIA.
>
> -Steven-

user B must still be listed as a delegate somewhere, and set to receive
copies of meeting-related messages...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> When I send an invitation to a user(A) it goes to another user(B) also.  B
> happens to have their account disabled so naturally postmaster sends back
> an undeliverable message.  I can only find one thing with mention to user
> B in user A's settings.  That is user B is listed as a "Direct Report" in
> the "Organization" tab.  I can't edit this field directly and all I have
> read is that it is populated when you assign a manager.  The weird thing
> is that the manager isn't the same as the user B in this field.  Does this
> field have anything to do with the invitation going to user B when I send
> it to user A? If not, where should I start looking?  Also, what is "Direct
> Report" used for, how is it populated, etc...  Maybe a few links will
> clear me up (my searching skills aren't there today, or something).  TIA.
>
> -Steven-

0
sconkey (3059)
12/13/2006 3:44:19 PM
Thanks for your reply.  Can you direct me to the place I need to be looking?

TIA, again.

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> user B must still be listed as a delegate somewhere, and set to receive
> copies of meeting-related messages...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> When I send an invitation to a user(A) it goes to another user(B) also.
>> B happens to have their account disabled so naturally postmaster sends
>> back an undeliverable message.  I can only find one thing with mention to
>> user B in user A's settings.  That is user B is listed as a "Direct
>> Report" in the "Organization" tab.  I can't edit this field directly and
>> all I have read is that it is populated when you assign a manager.  The
>> weird thing is that the manager isn't the same as the user B in this
>> field.  Does this field have anything to do with the invitation going to
>> user B when I send it to user A? If not, where should I start looking?
>> Also, what is "Direct Report" used for, how is it populated, etc...
>> Maybe a few links will clear me up (my searching skills aren't there
>> today, or something).  TIA.
>>
>> -Steven-

0
me8028 (83)
12/13/2006 6:15:59 PM
Welp... nevermind.  I found it.  Thanks a lot for your help.

-Steven-

> Thanks for your reply.  Can you direct me to the place I need to be
> looking?
>
> TIA, again.
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> user B must still be listed as a delegate somewhere, and set to receive
>> copies of meeting-related messages...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> When I send an invitation to a user(A) it goes to another user(B) also.
>>> B happens to have their account disabled so naturally postmaster sends
>>> back an undeliverable message.  I can only find one thing with mention
>>> to user B in user A's settings.  That is user B is listed as a "Direct
>>> Report" in the "Organization" tab.  I can't edit this field directly and
>>> all I have read is that it is populated when you assign a manager.  The
>>> weird thing is that the manager isn't the same as the user B in this
>>> field.  Does this field have anything to do with the invitation going to
>>> user B when I send it to user A? If not, where should I start looking?
>>> Also, what is "Direct Report" used for, how is it populated, etc...
>>> Maybe a few links will clear me up (my searching skills aren't there
>>> today, or something).  TIA.
>>>
>>> -Steven-

0
me8028 (83)
12/13/2006 6:32:19 PM
ah, good...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

> Welp... nevermind.  I found it.  Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> -Steven-
>
> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your reply.  Can you direct me to the place I need to be
>> looking?
>>
>> TIA, again.
>>
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> user B must still be listed as a delegate somewhere, and set to receive
>>> copies of meeting-related messages...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>>

>>> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message

0
sconkey (3059)

xy scatter line goes below zero
The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a very steep increase, the line that connects them assumes that there is a dip into negative values before the increase when this is not actually the case. Hi, Have you got the Smooth line option ticked? Cheers Andy jon7 wrote: > The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there > any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a > very steep increase, the line that connect...

Searching from one list in another
I have a workbook which has one tab (�Shortlist�) with about 150 rows of data, and a tab (�Longlist�) with about 20,000 rows of data. I need to be able to select a column in Shortlist and a column in Longlist (which I would do manually), then do the following: - for each row in the Longlist column, - compare the cell in Longlist with the whole column in Shortlist, - if the cell in Longlist does NOT match any cell in the corresponding column in Shortlist, hide the row in Longlist, - go down to the next row. I am using XL2000 in XP, and I have managed to produce this so far, a...

Can I create more than one chart from the same pivot table?
I need to create several charts from the same data. Is there a way to create more than one pivot chart from the same pivot report? John - You can create multiple pivot charts, but they all have to have the data pivoted the same way. If you change this in one chart, it changes it in the underlying table, and then all charts based on that pivot table are changed. Why not duplicate the first pivot table, rearrange it, and make a second chart from the second pivot table? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierT...

Delivery Errors from one user?
The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Tom Gilday' on 12/20/2005 2:42 PM. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <ps3server.PERFECTSETTING.COM #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tomgilday@gilday.com> What causes the above error? It's happened before but I don't recal what causes or stops the error. Thanks! This I like to know also. I have a user who cannot email to a certain customer of ours, and yet I can send email and we both have accounts on the same Exchange 2k3 server. ...

Meeting Invitations...
When I accept meeting invitations they appear in my Archive Calendar rather than my Main Calendar, any way I can get them to appear in my main Calendar? Set the mailbox the main calendar is in as your default delivery location. if you use rules to move items to the Archive folder, create an exception for meeting requests. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter abou...

How to transfer $100 into One Hundred by formulae
Hi, How to transfer $100 into One Hundred by formulae automatically in Excel see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm for some links --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7570A74-6603-4C21-8FEB-6E963DBDC75C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How to transfer $100 into One Hundred by formulae automatically in Excel ...

Sending mails from Personal Folders
Replying to a mail in a personal folder does not file the mail in the Sent mail folder: If I create a new mail from within personal folders, the sent mail folder gets updated. However, (frustratingly) if I replay to a mail that I've moved into persoanl folders (which I do to keep the online folders down to a manageable size) the sent mail gets saved to the personal folder that I'm in and NOT the sent folder. Is there a way to fix this? Many thanks. chris.baldry@bt.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I create a new mail from within personal folders,...

One (novel) approach in managing bookmarks.
I've found that a rather =93novel approach=94 as one of many (often mundane) ways in managing over 700 links of bookmarks divided into 50 categories. One of several means applied in managing bookmarks is to determine the average number of links per category (by dividing 734 (links) by 50 (categories) to equal and average of (14.68 to be exact)), or rounded- off to 14, and 15 as the average number of bookmarks per category. The specific categories that have 14, and 15 bookmarks are analyzed, and even (more often than not) contain overlooked links, which are found to tie into cu...

NO one has an idea???... ERROR on send/receive
"VMS Tech" <vmstech@digitalweb.net> wrote in message news:... > I get an error on send/receive that says.... > > "Can't create user output file" > > That stops me from sending or receiving any mail. > > Any idea's??? > > > Thanks, > > ...

only one instance of a typed Dataset
I create a modulare app. This app allowed more as one instance of a module in the app. Is it possible to use the first instance of a typed Dataset (created by the first module) in all followed instaces of the same module? How can reache them? Michael Kolowicz wrote: > I create a modulare app. This app allowed more as one instance of a module > in the app. Is it possible to use the first instance of a typed Dataset > (created by the first module) in all followed instaces of the same module? > How can reache them? I really don't understand what you're talking abou...

Importing External Data
I want to import data from on excel spreadsheet to another. I have been using the Import External Data feature with no issues. Currently, I am attempting to import an excel spreadsheet that is only about 20 columns in length and about 250 to 500 rows. When I complete the the import command it ONLY imports the first column and nothing else. Does anyone have any suggestions, insights, or comments on what could be causing the problem and what some poosible solutions may be. Thank you Ed ...

Get an error one the .mde but not on the .mdb
I have a customer that just received the new update of my program. I send out the .mde version of the program. Everything works fine except for one form. When he tries to open the form he gets this error "The openform action was canceled" I connected up to him and sent him the .mdb program so I could see what the error was by tracing the open action of the form he was having problems with. When I ran the .mdb program the form opened with out any problem. Does anybody have a clue as to why the .mdb would work and not the .mde Hopefully someone has an answer. Thanks in advance...

Only one Printer shown in CPrintDlg Combobox
Hi, I've got a serious Problem with the CPrintDlg. I'm starting the Dialog with the following Code: /* CPrintDialog *printDlg = new CPrintDialog(FALSE, PD_ALLPAGES | PD_RETURNDC, NULL); printDlg->m_pd.nMinPage = printDlg->m_pd.nMaxPage = 1; printDlg->m_pd.nFromPage = printDlg->m_pd.nToPage = 1; printDlg->DoModal(); m_PrinterName.SetWindowText(printDlg->GetDeviceName()); m_pDataHold->m_PrinterName = printDlg->GetDeviceName(); */ The Problem is, that this code works fine for most of the Mashines it is used on, but on one Computer there is only the first Printer ...

Concatinating one PK from one tbl & autonumber for a PK in a 2nd t
I have many tables based on two fields in two different tables. Rather than have both PKs in every table, I would like to have a PK from one table (tblStyle SK (StyleKey) 1...50) be in combination with an autonumber giving me a unique ID based on the two so that it looks like this: tblDesign Primary Key = (SK)37+autonumber = 37405 If this is possible in Access, would you please explain how I would go about doing this? Thank you What's the matter with having two separate fields? That's the way it should be done. What you're proposing would actually be a violation of database no...

=today() less one month
Hello, In a cell I would like to return last month, October. What is the formula for this? Thanks Jim =TEXT(EDATE(TODAY(),-1),"mmmm") -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Jim" wrote: > Hello, > > In a cell I would like to return last month, October. What is the formula > for this? > > Thanks > Jim Hi, =TODAY()-30 then do custom format for the cell using mmmm "Jim" wrote: > Hello, > > In a cell I would like to return last month, Octo...

Previously deleted user shows up on meeting invites to former delegate
Here's the situation: User A was a delegate for User B's Calendar, inbox, and tasks folder. User A was able to send mail on User B's behalf, and manipulate User B's calendar and tasks. User A was deleted from active directories, and the exchange mailbox was removed. Now, when User B gets a meeting request, the user requesting the meeting gets a response back from the system indicating that User A no longer exists. We have checked permissions and delegates, and see no trace of User A anywhere anymore. Where are we forgetting to look? Are those meeting requests se...

Reasons why Money can't perform more than one Elect. Xfer at a tim
Hi all I'm running Money Plus (H&B). In addtion to several bills in my Bills summary page, I have several Electronic Xfers scheduled (between accounts at the same bank). When I attempt to execute more than one of these transfers by clicking the Oline checkbox for each, I get the following message from Money: "Electronic transfers can't be submitted at the same time as other payments or transfers. To submit an electronic transfer, go back to the Bills summary page, select the check box next to the transfer you want to submit, and then click Pay Online" Does anyon...

MAIL Receiving and Sending working through one ISA server but not with another ISA server
The following error occurs: Task 'Account Name - recieving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): " The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP)." I have 2 ISA Servers in my environment, both work independently with two seperate ISPs. When i try to send/recieve email by configuring the firewall client to the 1st ISA server everything goes well no issues. But once i switch to the other ISA server the above error occurs. Testing account settings fails as well for both sending and recievin...

Multiple copies of just one email
I'm using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP professional and I keep receiving a new copy of one email message every time I open Outlook or it performs a timed send/receive. All other email messages have been fine, i.e. just one copy. Would this be a problem with my computer that I can fix, a problem with the sender's computer that she can fix, or is something else the matter? I only get one copy of all other messages from the same sender. If anyone else is having this problem, I received an answer in the Office-Outlook-General Questions Discussion Group. I was able to log into my ...

Statistic: Problem with two one sided t-test
Dear all, I have a problem with some statistic calculation. I have 2 series of measure: the first column is the test series and the second column if the reference series. I have to calculate the standard 90% confidence intervals of the ratio test/reference (T/R) and I have to answer to this question: the products were considered bioequivalent if the difference between two compared parameters was found statistically insignificant (P < 0.05) and 90% confidence intervals for these parameters fell within 80-120%. I know the result for these series, but I have more to calculate: 90% CI : 88.1-11...

Can't see the user name of the person who has the worksheet locked
Hello, I'm using Excel 2007 on a network and we're having a problem identifying users who have worksheets open. Anytime a user opens up an older excel file with the *.xls extension we can see the username of the person who has the file open. However, if they open up a file with the *.xlsx extension (the 2007 extension) we can't tell who has it open, the message from Excel is that "another user" has the file open, but it does not say who that user is. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? thanks ...

Gmail Invitations
Hello, I have been using this message board to get alot of answers to my Visual C++ questions. As a reward for people out there who have helped me I will post links that will give you a gmail account (note these links will not work once somebody has clicked the link and registered for a gmail account using that link), anyways here are the gmail sign up links, enjoy... http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-c02e8027a6-b7087ef9ca-cc2ddd127e http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-c02e8027a6-64dadca0dd-7af4e6967f http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-c02e8027a6-8db7189d0d-78ed78ac57 http://gmail.google.com/gmail...

Bcc Invitations to Meetings
I need to be able to send meeting invitations to others who will not necessarily be in attendance but whom have a need to know annonymously. I can't find a way to send meeting invitations to Cc or Bcc. -- Jim ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message p...

Several values in one cell. is it possible? #2
Thanks, I found it. I looked in the site before I asked here, but I guess I didn't loo hard enough. She has it in one of her sample file (http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#DataVal) Again, Thanks alot -- EliB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EliBY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1649 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27879 ...

Only See One Name in Owner Field
Hello, I've run into a bit of a strange problem. I can only see one name in the Owner drop-down in the Edit Project Properties screen in PWA (the current owner). I am at a loss as to why this is because in our test environment running the same patch level, this works just fine. We're running Project Server 2007 patched to April 2009 CU in three environments and only our production environment sees the problem (naturally). I've tried enabling the Save Project to Project Server permission for the Project Managers group to no avail (we have multiple administrators...