Invalid address filtering

We have a number of former employees who signed up for many different news
letters and email updates.  The problem we have no is that there are a number
of emails to former employees that could just be deleted.  Is there a way to
setup exchange to check all incoming email to find the invalid addresses and
return them or delete them?  We are using Exchange 2003 with SBS 2003.  Our
email comes in through a POP3 connector (we will be hosting our own email in
3 weeks) and is then delivered to each user.  Each user has a POP3 account
and it's not coming into one large mailbox.  Any further information that is
needed, let me know.  Thanks for any help you can offer.
0
Thaddeus (12)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:00:07 -0700, "thaddeus"
<thaddeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a number of former employees who signed up for many different news
>letters and email updates.  The problem we have no is that there are a number
>of emails to former employees that could just be deleted.  Is there a way to
>setup exchange to check all incoming email to find the invalid addresses and
>return them or delete them?  We are using Exchange 2003 with SBS 2003.  Our
>email comes in through a POP3 connector (we will be hosting our own email in
>3 weeks) and is then delivered to each user.  Each user has a POP3 account
>and it's not coming into one large mailbox.  Any further information that is
>needed, let me know.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Once you dump that POP connector, use Recipient Filtering and check
the box that filters against users who are not in Active Directory.
That will drop any SMTP connections that attempt to send mail to
addresses that do not exist in your directory.

0
adavid (8731)
7/19/2005 4:38:31 PM
That is what I was thinking would need to take place and that it would be
possible after ditching the POP connector.  Thanks for your help and I am
looking forwarding to being POP free.
0
Thaddeus (12)
7/19/2005 4:49:03 PM
How do you go about doing that.  Is there a good article about this?

"thaddeus" wrote:

> That is what I was thinking would need to take place and that it would be
> possible after ditching the POP connector.  Thanks for your help and I am
> looking forwarding to being POP free.

import email addresses
Is it possible to import my email address books from aol to outlook 2000? If so, how? Thanks sooo much for the help!! ...

Spreadsheet to a Address directory
I have a received an excel spreadhsheet of address book type information. I am trying to determine the simplest way to get this into a directory type format. I have tried to import into Access but have been unsuccessful. Any ideas? A line from one of the address records would be helpful. Also, elaborate on the format that you want. Are the fields seperated into columns? If everything is in one cell, use the Data>Text to Columns wizard. Once the fields are seperated, you can move them around easily. "Jim" <jspanier@knology.net> wrote in message news:032f01c36f7...

Invalid syntax
I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures in case GetBonus = Yes) Bonus : iif(getBonus = -1;nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3];0) could you help ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Ditch the semicolons. iif( Formula to test,results if true, results if false.) I would guess you want iif(getBonus = -1,nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3],0) peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures...

Change e-mail address of the Monitoring and Status tool
Hi all, Exchange Server offers the great Monitoring and Status tool which can inform about server problems per e-mail. However the sender address is WMI@servername. There are two problems with this address: 1. The message is sorted to the Junk-E-Mail folder by Outlook and there can be no rule applied for it since the sender e-mail address doesn't have a complete domain 2. The message can not be forwarded to an external account since the e-mail domain in the sender address isn't existing Does anyone know how to change the sender e-mail address of the Monitoring and Status tool? Any h...

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

Excel 2007 Pivot charts, any way to display filters on the chart?
New to 2007, searched, no joy. In prior versions, when building a pivot chart, one could see the filters and their values on the actual chart; page filter, categories, and X axis. in 2007, I don't see this as an option; filters are in their own dialog box and are not displayed on the actual chart. This is problematic especially for page fields because I used the displayed filters as proxies for chart titles; you could easily see if the displayed chart was filtered for a data subset or for all data. Now, I need to remember to add the filter information to the chart title...

Forwarding email to external address.
I have several uses that I need to forward their mail to an external email along with them remaining in there inbox. These are people have Pocket PC phones from different vendors and I am not going to support different vendors software and open up ports. We are using exchange 2003 sp1 and outlook 2003 with all updated. Tried setting up a rule that stated forward all mail to that user to their internet email that is in their contacts. It did not work. Any ideas? On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:18:03 -0700, "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have several us...

Can't download to Address B ook
I downloaded newly purchased Office Pro Edition 2003. Outlook downloaded all files from old Outlook Express account. I believe my addresses from Outlook Express were downloaded into my In Box folder. How do I export the address to my Address Book. An error message indicates I do not have permission to open my Address book. thanks, Tom Could you tell us a little more clearly what you mean? I assume you mean you installed Office 2003 when you said you downloaded it. Were you given the option to import information from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003? If so, how did respond? What do you ...

override original "From" with Address Book entries
Hi, I've got the following problem: before we moved to Exchange 2003 our Exchange Server 2000 by default changed the "From"-field-entry of every arriving message and replaced the original "From"-text with the appropriate entry from the Global Address Book. Example: If a sender (john.smith@somecompany.com) configured his eMail-client to place "John T. Smith" into the "From"-field of every outgoing message and we had an entry for his eMail-address in our Global Address Book but with a different text, for example "John Smith, Somecompany",...

VBA Advanced Filter
Hello, Can some one tell me which VBA statement to use for the following: A B C D E F Name Mkt cap Weight 20days 3months 6months CHEUNGLTD 15961 2.36% 0.51 0.47 0.49 TIANJIN CAP 523 0.33% 7.50 5.56 5.89 HANG LTD 19716 1.49% 0.61 0.66 0.69 SINOPEC 2220 0.92% 2.25 3.03 2.64 VALUE PART 51 1.29% 492.10 714.38 619.33 MIDLAND LTD 299 0.85% 4.51 3.21 2.14 HUTCHISON LTD 28546 1.79% 0.23 0.18 0.20 FIRST CO 770 2.57% 13.31 11.15 10.24 SUN HUNG 16604 1.85% 0.37 0.37 0.38 SWIRE LTD 9232 1.01% 0.66 0.59 0.55 Now I would like to split the datarange ba...

Reply Address #2
We just migrated from 5.5 to exchange 2003, when i create a new account on 2003 and send a message the "from" address field shows too much info for the person who recieved it and when they reply it uses all that info for the "to" field. ex. IMCEAEX-_O=LPM_OU=LPM_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=123@Parkermeridien.com How do i get rid of this stuff, i just want people to see the message sent from 123@parkermeridien.com Outbound Internet mail still going through the IMS? Sounds like replication has not completed yet to the 5.5 side after you create the new account in 2003 and send th...

Contact List does not recognize Address Book
I recently upgraded to a new computer. I transferred all of my Outlook information by exporting and importing the .pst files to the new computer. Both old and new machines use Outlook 2002 (old version from Office XP Pro, new from Office XP Students & Teachers, don't know if that makes any difference). When I click on the "To:" button, I get the following message: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For informa...

how to hide different email addresses from receiving customers
I want to send several emails at the same time with the same message to all recipients. However I need to hide each email address from each recipient I tried this already with the distribution list but no success I tested the emails and send them to 4 of my own email addresses - with the result that each receiving party can see all other emails as well How do I hide them from each other Thank you Use the BCC field. That's what it's for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Wolf" <Wolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC5332E3-9743-48B3-8052-30028F02EBC...

invalid handle
hi frds i m very new in vc++ and i m founding too much difficulty in this so plz can any one solve this problem .... actully i m inserting a image in list box using this code ........ everything is returning write thing still it is saying invalid handle after ImageList_Add(hList,m_hBmpNew,0); when i m going to dibug it plz help me BOOL Fun() { // Create 256 color image lists HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 , 8, 1); HBITMAP m_hBmpNew = (HBITMAP) LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), // handle to instance "c:\\img.bmp", /...

Invalid Property Value
I have a macro that uses an input form to populate a spreadsheet. There are various validations that run prior to the data populating. On one validation if an incorrect choice has been made from a drop down box a error message prompts the user to select again form the drop down box and will not populate until a valid selection has been made. I am now getting an Excel warning message (exclamation message) saying 'Invalid Property Value' after the spreadsheet has populated which only happens if an invalid selection has been made and corrected from the drop down box. If the ...

A 2nd version 2007 contact address book?
Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. I do not use enterprise, just ppo. tia shellyf wrote: > Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? > If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain > e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. Point to the Contacts folder. Right-click. Add new subfolder and name whatever you like. Now you have another contact-type folder. If ...

Filter lines with Pivot table and non pivot table columns
I have created a pivot table. Next to the pivot table are columns to enter data and then additional clolumns to add the pivot table and not pivot table data. I am running a filter on a column in the pivot table, and the non pivot table data entered does not hold with the pivot table line. (For example, I have an line in the pivot table (say line 20) call "item 1". I enter a value in a Column outside the pivot table to correspond to item 1 on line 20. When I filter on "item 1" - it now moves to line 5; however, the amount I manually added to line 20 outside the pivot ...

OFX
When doing an update from my broker I get the message cannot establish secure communication with the server. Digital certificate is invalid. OFXIE12038. This is new happening in last month. Broker support says problem is Money 2002 not supported so I installed Money 2005 (with some qualms) and of course, still get the same message. I can access the brokerage website OK from Money, just cannot get statement downloads. -- Bill ...

Incorrect Global Address List
I have the following recipient containers in Exchange 5.5: BAE (Parent Co. Global Address Book) Uses simplesync to replicate GAL - Contains all addresses for the 3 containers Hawaii Shipyards (Hawaii Users in own domain) Mail handled in San Diego Recipients (San Diego/San Francisco Users Shared domain) The issue is that after moving my mail file to the exchange 2003 server, my GAL contains only the "recipients container address list which contains only the San Diego and San Francisco Users. What is the most efficient way to get Outlook to see the BAE and Hawaii address books a...

Synchronizing --> Download Address Book
I have a number of users that when they choose to download the Address Book and select the choice for the complete book, they do not get the get the whole Address Book. We are using Outlook 97 and 2000. Any thoughts on this? ...

Invalid Procedure Call on Forms
Hello, any suggestions are appreciated! I imported tables from our media database into our membership database. I was going to combine the information so that I could streamline orders with lookup fields but my supervisor didn't like it so... I went back to the media database and now NONE of the form buttons are working. The forms open, and all the reports, queries, and tables open without incident. However, when I click any button on any form (to call up a report, query or another form), I receive an error: "Invalid Procedure Call or Arguement". I tried creating a...

CRM Address Book cache files??
Hello This message is related to my previous question. I have a problem with desktop client. I had to recreate my user profile and also reinstall desktop client. Now I got several messages (and continuoysly) "This record is read-only in Microsoft CRM. Changes will not ...." This message is not very informatic:( Which record and what is the actual reason for it? Anyway I looked to my application log and there is the following messages. Any ideas, what does this mean and how to fix it? I am using - Vista Ultimate - Outlook 2007 - CRM V3C -Jukka P One or more Microsoft C...

import addresses to entourage
is it possible to import my address book in outlook on a pc to a networked mac's entourage address book? thanks! -steve If the addresses are stored in the Contact folder then this can be exported to variety of file format, what file formats can Entourage import in. If the addresses are stored in a Personal Address Book (pab) then you have to get them from the pab into Contacts and then export using the File menu Import/Export command "[[]]" <[[]]@[[]].com> wrote in message news:gUdKb.9326$dN5.7719@fe14.usenetserver.com... > is it possible to import my address book i...

MSN Messenger and my address book
I recently installed MSN Messenger and since then, my Outlook Express address book hasn't been running properly. If I right-click on a person's name and select 'properties', it takes an incredibly long time for the properties to appear. I've heard from a few people that they 't received my email messages. And, I also noticed that when I try to send a Word doc to a mail recipient as an attachment, I get the following error message: Logon failed. You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. Error code: "Unspecified error". What has happen...

Invalid Operation 425
I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have not solved our problem. We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always. Our set up is RMS version 2.0 Printer - Epson Tm-881V Cash Drawer - APG VB320 OPOS ADK 2.6 Running on Windows XP Pro Any body have an idea? -- Many thanks Jack Master Jack - Without taking time to go back against all old posts and see what is liste...