Intersite Replication

Does anyone have any info on exactly what is involved when
a replication message is sent between two domains?  I am
trying to filter a P22 message (with a third party filter)
while allowing a Directory Replication message to pass
with out being filtered.  The problem that I am running in
to is that when I try to send the P22 message over the
X400 connector which supports Directory Replication, is
appears that Microsoft is making the P22 message appear as
if it's a Directory Replication message.  I need to figure
out what to make my third party filter look for in order
to differentiate between the two....
0
anonymous (74721)

Replication with Double-Take for SQL Dynamics DB's & Dynamics file
Hello, I am using Dynamics 7.5 and am looking to create a fail-over secondary SQL Server and replicate all of the Dynamics databases and files to this backup server using the software Double-Take. If anyone has any experience with the Double-Take software and Dynamics, please give me your comments and/or any problems that I should look out for. Thank you in advance for your comments. Elmo :o) DoubleTake is fine for system level failover, but it does no application level monitoring. You should look into LifeKeeper from SteelEye Technology for this. ...

Replication
What is the work on Replication, is it a good thing to use or a bad thing? "Gary." <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:euFFuuD1HHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What is the work on Replication, is it a good thing to use or a bad thing? Depends what you want to do. "Keith Wilby" <here@there.com> wrote in news:46b0932c_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net: > "Gary." <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message > news:euFFuuD1HHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >> What is the work on Replication, is it a good thing to use or a bad >&g...

SQL 2005 Replication 01-04-10
In a publisher/subscription db replication scenario, I would like to alter db setting on the db that publishes. What would be the desired procedure for accomplishing this? Thanks in advance ...

Intersite Replication
Does anyone have any info on exactly what is involved when a replication message is sent between two domains? I am trying to filter a P22 message (with a third party filter) while allowing a Directory Replication message to pass with out being filtered. The problem that I am running in to is that when I try to send the P22 message over the X400 connector which supports Directory Replication, is appears that Microsoft is making the P22 message appear as if it's a Directory Replication message. I need to figure out what to make my third party filter look for in order to differen...

Public Folder Replication problem!
Hi any have an idea with these error logs in Exchange 2k3 1) event id 3084 (MSExchangeIS Public Store) 2) event id 3079 ( relication errors) public folder replication between two of my servers doenot work but it works between any of those two with all other 4 server in the org. i have only one site and in exch2k3 native mode. please help Please post the entire error messages including the descriptions. Is your public folder store stamped with a proxy address? To determine this go into ADSI Edit and bring up the properties of the public folder store. Go to the proxy address attribute. ...

Replicate Large Public folder hierarchy
My environment is Exch 5.5 sp4 running on Windows2k member server in NT4 domain. Our organization has over 60 Exchange sites of which I manage 4. I need to replicate a mass of public folders from site A to a particular server in site B. I am getting rid of a server in site B to which I had replicated all of the public folders from site A. I now need to have these folder replicated to another server in site B. It is a large hierarchy of folders that I need to replicate -- too many for me to click on each one to create the replicas. Is the only other way to accomplish this replication usin...

ADC Replications
For the 2003 Exchange ADC to properly replicate with AD on 2000, does it cause a problem in which OU the users are located? I have users broken down in several OU's based on department and for some reason, my 2003 Exchange can't properly route mail back to Exchange 5.5. The ADC will not route mail, it will only synchronize the 5.5 directory with the Active Directory. Are both servers in the same site? If not, then you need to create a site connector in the 5.5 admin program. -- Teo Gomez MCSE, CCNA Blog: http://adoyt.blogspot.com/ "Kory" wrote: > For the 2003 E...

Replicating an access DB
Why would you need to replicate an Access Db? I don't understand why it is used "Gary." <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:OZuOYOG$HHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl: > Why would you need to replicate an Access Db? > I don't understand why it is used Say you have a desktop computer. And you have a user who has a laptop. When both are in the office, they would edit the MDB on the desktop computer, each with their own front end, linked to the back end on the desktop computer. When the user takes the laptop out of the office, she won't be able to edit. But...

Replication under MSGP SQL Servers
Hi All, I have install MSGP at two sites one is at Head Office and 2nd one is at Plant Site, for linking between these SQL servers i have VSAT connection of 128kbps link. And now i want to implement snapshot replication between MSGP SQL servers, is anyone can explain draw backs or some suggestions about SQL Server Replication under MSGP Software? Thanking u in advance. SMA http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_frm/thread/c86bf1fb0d56ab3a/ae4d17511f8e73a1?lnk=st&q=does+great+plains+support+SQL+replication&rnum=1&hl=en#ae4d17511f8e73a1 the a...

Exchange 5.5
Hi guys! I have two exchange 5.5 servers (not enterprise....yet) at two different sites. They've been replicating to the global address list fine for the last 6 months. But all of a sudden it has stopped. For example. Set up a user joe bloggs on one server.....normally within a small time scale it can been seen in the global address list from the other server. Not any more. This is causing great problems. To add insult to injury a new user also cannot receieve external email. They can send fine....but on a receipient replying they get a bounced back mail saying that the user...

GAL Replication
I've read I can use ADC in interorganisational mode to replicate the GAL in 2 different forests. Any ideas? I get a c103aa1a error when setting up a Recipient Connection Agreement Thanks, Neil.. "Neil Allen" <neilal@fwbaker.co.uk> wrote: >I've read I can use ADC in interorganisational mode to replicate the GAL in >2 different forests. > >Any ideas? > >I get a c103aa1a error when setting up a Recipient Connection Agreement > >Thanks, > >Neil.. > I've only ever used the ADC to pull a 5.5 GAL into AD (as contacts). Not sure you...

Intersite Exchange Migration
Hi I've got two Windows 2003 domains that can actually see each other via a trust relationship. I've got two Exchange organisations within these two sites one running Exchange 2000 and the other Exchange 2003. We are at a stage where we must move all users from one domain to another because we are merging with other institutions into the one domain. We've got major budget constraits which mean that I can't go out there and buy any migration toy that I find. With this in mind i'm looking for the easiest possible migration scenario/plan between the two organisations.. I&#...

Replicate IS
Is possible replicate an information store (mailboxes, etc), from a server, to another that is situated in other place, I need redundant Information store I need the same I.S. in 2 different servers Is possible to have this?! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >Is possible replicate an information store (mailboxes, etc), from a server, >to another that is situated in other place, >I need redundant Information store >I need the same I.S. in 2 different servers >Is possible to have this?! > Check the entry for April 27th http://www.msexchange.me.uk/ Mark Ar...

SQL Server replication
Hi, I have a client that has offices in CPT & JHB. They plan on doing transactions on a sql server in JHB on a Dynamics company e.g XYZ and then replicating this to the same company (XYZ) on a different server in CPT. The people in Capetown will never enter transactions to the XYZ company ion the CPT server, but purely need to see the data entered by the staff in JHB for month end reporting. I want to use sql replication to achieve. I assume the steps would be: 1) Create a local publication from the database in JHB (and scheudle it per week) 2) Create a local subscription from th...

Directory Replication Problem
I am not getting any error at the time of directory replication but some id's r not getting updated i am not getting any solution to resolve this problem Hey, Goto your Event Viewer and check for the eoors that your getting and tell us the event ID's cheers Ruwan "Pradip Prajapati" <pradipmay@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2439501c45f3a$225f4f70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > > I am not getting any error at the time of directory > replication but some id's r not getting updated > > i am not getting any solution to resolve this proble...

Public Folder Replication Problem
Setup Exchange 2000 sp3 EXchange 2003 Many folders are not replicating from old to new server, yet they are all marked to replicate. Also the new servers Exchange System Manager reports folders in sync. The original public store is about 277 Mb while the new public store is only about 57 mb. How can I go about troubleshooting this? Look at the Application Log of the Exchange 2000 server and Exchange 2003 server. I am pretty sure you will see some replication Errors or Warnings. That should be the place to start troubleshooting this issue. -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Plea...

Public Folder Replication error #4
We have windows 2000 domain, exchange 20003 running on windows 2003 member server, we have to windows 2000 sites, all AD replication is OK, but only public folder replication did not happen, between two servers, I am getting following NT event application event error EVENT ID 3093 Error -1603 reading property 0x36010003 on object type tbtFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store Also I have following event 3085 Error 0x8004010f occurred while generating an outgoing replication message. Type: 0x4 Folder: (7-3ABC) Database "First Storage Group\Pub...

Help please
After a failed update to SQL 2008 SP1 + CU8, I restored master, and then tried to do a repair on the install to make sure I was back to SP1 only. I now get the following error: SQL Server 2008 - Developer Edition x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup ------------------------------ The following error has occurred: There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts. See the SQL Server error log for details. For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=204...

IMAP replication
Hi all, First post to this newsgroup. I am wondering if it is possible to have Exchange sync itself with an IMAP server. We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mail is handled by an external IMAP server. The ideal solution would be to have the two kept in sync, so any changes made on the Exchange server would reflect on the IMAP server and vice versa for each user. Is this just a pipe dream? Thanks, Hamlesh Motah. : We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage : Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mai...

Replicate Phone Message Form from Lotus Notes
Can you give me any suggestions for creating a phone message template. I have created forms in Word where you use a table and can type in information or use check boxes and can tab to the various fields. In this message form I would like to have multiple check boxes with different words after it like Telephoned, Please Call, Etc. and also a space for the Contact Name, and Phone Number. Lotus Notes has a form exactly like this. Any ideas on how to create this in Outlook. I tried copying it from Word but couldn't get it to work. Thanks. ...

Replicating Mailboxes
How do I replicate specific mailboxes between two Exchange servers in the same AD Tree. The servers are in two different Physical locations linked by VPN (2MB) I have Exchange 2000 Enterprise on Bothe servers. Nash On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:41:02 -0700, El Tel <ElTel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I replicate specific mailboxes between two Exchange servers in the >same AD Tree. The servers are in two different Physical locations linked by >VPN (2MB) > >I have Exchange 2000 Enterprise on Bothe servers. > >Nash You cannot replicate mailboxes. You can r...

public folder replication!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 exchange servers. Thanks "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote: >Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to >setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 >exchange servers. "proper" depends on what you want to do. Are you wanting to have a replica of every folder on both servers? If so, use the pfmigrate.wsf program on the E2K3 CD. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...

Jet4 and Merge Replication on 2005
I have experienced problems when using Jet4 linked tables and Merge Replication on SQL Server 2005. I have not been able to find a resolution to this except to use SQL Server 2000, and this was two years ago. The basic problem is when I insert a new record into an MS-ACCESS table, all the fields (which should be blank on a new record) appear to contain data from a previous record in that table. Refreshing the dataset 'fixes' this so that you see the blank record you added. The more subscriptions I have, the more salient the problem (occurs more often). Microsoft Support conc...

Stopping Replication
My replication setup is as follows... Server A publishes (pushes) transactional updates. Server B subscribes (pulls) to Server A. I need to stop replication process temporarily and switch server A to single user mode. Is there an issue with me stopping sqlagent? Can there be issues when I start it again? Thanks in advance ...

Incomplete Public Folder Replication
I'm running Exchange 5.5 on NT4/2000. I'd like to phase out a 5.5 box on NT4. I already migrated the mailboxes from that box to a new one running 2000 in the same Site. What's left are the Public Folders. So for that I've set up replication from the NT4 to the new 2000 box. After waiting a couple of days and checking if al folders have an in-sync replica, I found out that a whole bunch of folders, never got replicated. Reenabling them for replication, doesn't have any effect. Basically I'm stuck with an automatic process, that get's cut off with no means possible ...