Internal SMTP server mail won't deliver to internal exchange serve

We have an internal IIS SMTP server that sends out large amounts of email as
an application.  Some of the recipients are internal and their mail stays
queued up.

Our internal dns zone is company.local, but the external MX record is
company.com.

Do I need to create a company.com internal zone and then an A record and MX
record to make the internal mail route correctly?

We don't have internet mail setup only smtp virtual server and no smarthosts
either.

Creating the internal company.com zone should work.

Alternatively, in IIS - Default SMTP Virtual Server | Domains, create a new
domain and check "Allow incoming mail to be relayed to this domain" and in
Route Domain instead of using DNS select "Forward all mail to smart host"
and insert the fqdn or ip address (if using IP address, need to enclose in
square brackets like [1.2.3.4]) of the mail server that hosts those
mailboxes.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"mjerikboo777" <mjerikboo777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an internal IIS SMTP server that sends out large amounts of email
> as
> an application.  Some of the recipients are internal and their mail stays
> queued up.
>
> Our internal dns zone is company.local, but the external MX record is
> company.com.
>
> Do I need to create a company.com internal zone and then an A record and
> MX
> record to make the internal mail route correctly?
>
> We don't have internet mail setup only smtp virtual server and no
> smarthosts
> either.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Word as e-mail message editor
I upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 on my XP system and now I am unable to select Word 2002 as my e- mail editor. The mail format option is looking for Word 2003 but it is not installed on my computer I'm stuck with the HTML option. As expected. Versions must match. You cannot use another version of Word if you want to use WordMail. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "AndyS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d701c428c5$6da62590$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 on my XP > system and now I am unab...

installing CRM 3.0 and SQL2005 + RS on different server
Hi, I have a problem when I want to publish my CRM reports. I execute following cmd : C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Reports>publishreports CRMLAB "CRMLAB\ReportingGroup {5480f933-60cb-4f91-9f03-73f49cdaf97e}" "CRMLAB\VM-CRM30$" I receive following error : 22:20:11| Error| Publishing stopped due to following error 22:20:11| Error| SRS soap exception: The permissions granted to user 'CRMLAB\Administrator' are insufficient for performing this operation. Any Idea? I got the same error and at long last found the resolution. Make sure your user acc...

adding disclaimer with visual basic SMTP transport event sink
following this guide: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317680 - How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script everything seemed to be successful... "C:\ExchAddons\disclaimer>cscript smtpreg.vbs /add 1 onarrival SMTPScriptingHost CDO.SS_SMTPOnArrivalSink "mail from=*@sheffcare.co.uk" Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved. Binding Display Name Specified: SMTPScriptingHost Assigning priority (24575 in 32767) ** SUCCESS ** Registered Binding: Event Name :SMTP Transport OnSubm...

smtp configuration change
Hi all, I've inhereted a Windows 2003 Server running exchange 2003. There was a recent office move and hence a new ISP. Is it possible to just change the SMTP settings for exchange to those of the new ISP? Please help. F See reply to your other post. Please don't multipost - if you need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-) See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm freben wrote: > Hi all, > I'...

http mail
With OWA, we can access email via the url "serverName/exchange". Does anyone know if we can rename the virtual directory name "exchange" to something else ? I looked at the iis manager for the exchange site property, it wouldn't allow us the change the name. Any suggestions ? ...

out going mails problem
we are using outlook express and outlook as our default mail client when mails are sent from either of clients that mials are not delivered to destination. nmails are going from outbos and they are shown in sent items but they are not being sent to destination. we are using winproxy for internet sharing I verified configuration of win proxy that is also fine. SMTP service also running in proxyserver. entries of sent items are shown below To subject sent Accout Someone@abc.com something mm/dd/yy 192.168.1.26 192.168.1.26 is our proxy ...

Problems sending mail to Yahoo
All of a sudden, late last week, none of our users can send email to Yahoo. There are a bunch of messages queued with the error "421 4.4.2 Connection dropped." Delivery to all other domains is fine. I have checked and we are not on any blacklists. We are running Exchange 2007. I have contacted Yahoo about this, and they did get back to me, but via email, and the conversation has been going in slow motion for a few days now with no resolution. Has anybody else seen these 421 4.4.2 errors when delivering to yahoo? How did you get around it? Thanks! Could b...

How to get rid of "where is Outlook Mail.pst"?
I've just recently bought a new laptop which came with Vista installed so I've decided to give it a go and make up my own mind about it. However, new machine, old problem of transferring files. Using a cross-over cable I've managed to transfer most of my files across and when it came to transferring my mail (I use MS Outlook 2003 from Office 2003 Pro) I decided to use the export command on my old computer to create a PST file which I called "Outlook Mail.pst". I then I transferred it to the desktop folder on the new computer and launched Outlook and told it to impo...

Excel Hyperlinks
To my hero, My hyperlinks degrade. They have the error "Reference is not valid" eventhough the hyperlink worked previously. I am creating a resource spreadsheet. To search this spreadsheet I have created a network of internal hyperlinks. The links are to different cells on the same worksheet and on other worksheets within the workbook. The hyperlinks all work fine, even after closing the file and reopening it later. For some reason, the links are "corupted?" I do not change the location of the file (the location should be irrelevent if the links are int...

disable mail outside the domain
Hi all, I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I: Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside the internal domain and Restrict some users so that they can't mail outside the .local domain... Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance! Mark This should help http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html Nue "Mark van Gurchom" <mark@cnbit.nl> wrote in message news:44a14822$0$31637$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hi all, > > I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I: > > Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside...

Outlook - Exchange Rule ?
We are currently using Outlook 2000 SP3 with Exchange 2000 Standard SP3 on a W2k SP4 server. To work around the 16 gig limitation of the Information Store, I want to create a rule within Outlook to move emails messages older than 6 months to a user public folder within Exchange. The idea would be similar to the way auto-archiving works except I don't want the email to be archived in a pst file. Through the rules wizard I can move emails to a specific folder based on dates range, but these dates are static. Is there any way to either adjust a rule to work with the current date (i.e. 'al...

Can you rename a Exchange server?
Can you change the name of an Exchange 2003 server? Reason for asking is I am migrating to a new Exchange 2003 server. After the migration I would like to take the old server offline and rename the new server. This will save me from having to touch each workstation to reconfigure the outlook client. Others will give a more complete answer (with links), but the short answer is that there shouldn't be any need to do that. Just set up the new server in the same Exchange org as the current one. Move the mailboxes. When a user connects for the first time, they will automatically be mo...

E-mail Partial Workbook
I have sheet 1, 2 & 3 in a workbook and would like to E-Mail to a part only Sheet 2 without them seeing Sheets 1 and 3 from their e-mail. would like to do it without using *VBA* (I'm a beginner) or usin *copy, paste and giving sheet 2 a new name. -- DON ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DON S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1288 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26731 Hi Don I have examples on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >> would like to...

Outlook97 can't access Exchange Server 5.0
Hi, When ever I try to go into the control panel and configure the mail option, I receive a "information store couldn't be open" error message. I've removed and reinstalled Outlook97 but still receive the same message. I've also installed client for Exchange with the same result. Workstation: Windows NT 4.0 w/office97 What would be the proper way to resolve the problem? Thanks! "Travis S." <stravis@hotmail.com> wrote: >When ever I try to go into the control panel and configure the mail option, >I receive a "information store couldn't...

Outlook 2002 won't remove email from bellsouth's server.
Hello group, My Situation: Dell Dimension 4400 Pen-4 1.6-hertz. CPU, 384mb DDR Ram, a New 40g Hard Drive. 2 weeks ago did a clean install of my OS- Win_XP Home with the downloaded SP2 & all the current Critical Updates. Same thing with Office XP (fully updated) which contains Outlook 2002. My Firewall is Win_XP (sp2) version, AV is Avast4 Free Home version (updated). Other important programs i use are have Spybot S & D, Spyblaster, A-squared, AdWare SE, & i use Windows "Host" file system. Everything works beautifully except for my Outlook 2002 setup with bellsouth.net ...

Mail Routing
I have an exchange 5.5 server SP4 running on NT4. I also have an exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 server. My exchange 5.5 server is responsible for handling mail to the company.com domain. I have setup an MX record for lab.company.com to go the the new exchange 2003 server for testing. The exchange 2003 server is sending and receiving mail fine. The only problem is that the exchange 5.5 server won't send mail to it. The messages get stuck in the queue with a status of "host unreachable". Is this because company.com is part of the lab.company.com destination? ...

Internal Error
I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start Money. It does it twice, then goes back to my desktop. Any ideas? I have backups. Thanks. Try to start the sample.mny file - you can double click the file to launch it. Do not change it. Exit if it displays okay. If that fails too then the question is. did you change anything to your system like software or hardware? arthur == On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:41:01 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start ...

Can't access Exchange 2000 from Outlook over the Internet
We are having a problem getting to our Exchange 2000 server from Outlook over the Internet. The message we get is "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavaliable". We can access Exchange 2000 from the Internet using Outlook WebMail. We are using the same DNS name in both cases. We can access Exchange 2000 from our INTERNAL network using Outlook or WebMail. Anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering if their is an RPC issue with the LAN adapter on the Internet side of our Exchange server?? Thanks in advance, Ed ...

Force password in OWA Exchange 2000 SP4
Hi I want to enable "User must change password" but ran into an issue. I create a test user and the test user is unable to login with "User must change password" checked. I removed the check for "user must change password" and the test user is able to login. Is there a hotfix? All my user uses OWA. On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:06:17 -0800, John Wong <JohnWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I want to enable "User must change password" but ran into an issue. I >create a test user and the test user is unable to login with...

client-server problem
i`m doing a client-server program using CSockets.when i try to send a buffer with data"the data is a buffer of dib bits type i took from capturing the desktop iamge" and when i do a debug i find an exception for a certain memory location-Access violation . this happens sometimes at the client & sometimes at the server. although this program didn`t have any problems when i used it to make a chat between client & server "send buffer of text".what to do? dodeh wrote: > i`m doing a client-server program using CSockets.when i try to send a > buffer with data"...

CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook Client install issue
Hello all, My company has recently gone through a CRM 1.2 server redeployment to a new domain. Currently the CRM server is accessible via IE at http:\crm. I'm trying to confirm that the Sales for Outlook client will install and access the CRM server properly by configuring a clean, new test workstation. The test workstation is running Windows XP SP2, with MS Office 2003 - all fully patched. The install account is a valid CRM system administrator, is a domain admin and has specific local admin privlidges. Sadly, when I type in the website during the install process I get the fol...

print preview problem in windows mail
I can't see print preview of my incoming & outgoing mails... There is a mail in my inbox, how can i get to know whether it should be print in portrait or landscape mode? I am helpless, it is looking like in portrait but some text (a particular coloum) is missing on printed page nor it came on the next page. Then i printed it in landscape mode...But how can i get to know that whether it should be print in portrait or landscape mode? Unfortunately there is no print preview in Windows Mail. If it is really important to get it right the first time, copy the email = and paste...

Outlook 2003, View
In Outlook 2003 I click View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views. In the Custom View Organizer higlight IMAP Messages, click Modify, make changes, click OK to close the 'Customize View: IMAP Messages' window, and click Apply View in the Custom View Organizer window. When I view another IMAP mail folder, I have to go through the same steps again and again. The view for all mail folders show IMAP Messages, but the set view is not taking affect. Is this a bug in Outlook 2003? I am trying to set all the IMAP mail folders to a particular view that I like to use, but it seems like...

MS Exchange Server 2003 Registry Settings
Hi, Can anybody give some pointer where I could find all the Registry Settings relevant to MS Exchange Server 2003? Thanks in Advance. Vinay On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 06:15:00 -0800, vinay <vinay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Hi, > >Can anybody give some pointer where I could find all the Registry >Settings relevant to MS Exchange Server 2003? > >Thanks in Advance. > >Vinay I dont think you will find something like that. Whats the goal? If you want make sure your installation is optimal, download and run Exbpa against it. I am performing the backup ...

Slow internal delivery for a few emails
Hi All Scenario is thus: Small exchange setup, 400 users across 4 servers in two sites. Lots of network memory and CPU to spare I ran a trial promodag for a couple of weeks running to look at internal delivery speed 99.6% gets delivered within 5 minutes (as expected)... It's the .4 percent that's causing trouble as it amounts to 600 emails. The max size of a message is 10MB so it's not big attachments, I don't think 600 people are using "do not send before" and don't _think_ it's anything to do with people re-syncing from being offline. So what can it b...