Internal mail

Hi WWW,

is it possible to setup a mechanism for some users ( or
groups ) to mail just internally ?
( using exchange 2003 std ed )

And the big question is "how to do this" ?

Maybe somebody here can help me !

As always thanks in advance.
Steven.

0
anonymous (74721)

I think, if you remove their SMTP address, they cannot send mail to the
outside world.  Not 100% on that, but I think I remember reading that
somewhere.

"Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi WWW,
>
> is it possible to setup a mechanism for some users ( or
> groups ) to mail just internally ?
> ( using exchange 2003 std ed )
>
> And the big question is "how to do this" ?
>
> Maybe somebody here can help me !
>
> As always thanks in advance.
> Steven.

I cannot delete primary smtp mail address.
Message system : This is the primary smtp mail address.
It cannot be removed

0
anonymous (74721)
9/14/2004 1:20:16 PM
If you could do that that would also break sending internal mail.
Generally what you would want to do is to configure restrictions on your
SMTP connector on who can and cant send over it. Think it is on the delivery
restrictions tab if I remember correctly.
However note that this does have a performance impact especially if you
specify groups so you really would want to add user accounts here that can't
send over the smtp connector to the internet.

>I cannot delete primary smtp mail address.
> Message system : This is the primary smtp mail address.
> It cannot be removed

My apologies, I was thinking Ex 5.5.
Read I'll ready the WHOLE post :-)

"Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot delete primary smtp mail address.
> Message system : This is the primary smtp mail address.
> It cannot be removed

Hmtl Mail
Hi all.. I am trying to send all emails in html format whether user's format plain text or not. I configured Message Encoding to "Provide Message Body As HTML" in Global settings -->Internet Message formats --> Default but nothing changed. I wanna do this because I will insert a hmtl link to emails that going to internet. Have you any idea or Advice ?? On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:41:44 GMT, emre <e@e.com> wrote: >Hi all.. >I am trying to send all emails in html format whether user's format plain >text or not. >I configured Message Encoding to "Pr...

Cannot send mail #2
Recently I have not been able to send e-mail using outlook express. I do not have the norton Antivirus. I have a Telus Freedom antivirus. My connection are fine. I'm told it is a product problem. Any suggestions?? ...

disable mail outside the domain
Hi all, I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I: Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside the internal domain and Restrict some users so that they can't mail outside the .local domain... Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance! Mark This should help http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html Nue "Mark van Gurchom" <mark@cnbit.nl> wrote in message news:44a14822$0$31637$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hi all, > > I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I: > > Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside...

Problems sending mail to Yahoo
All of a sudden, late last week, none of our users can send email to Yahoo. There are a bunch of messages queued with the error "421 4.4.2 Connection dropped." Delivery to all other domains is fine. I have checked and we are not on any blacklists. We are running Exchange 2007. I have contacted Yahoo about this, and they did get back to me, but via email, and the conversation has been going in slow motion for a few days now with no resolution. Has anybody else seen these 421 4.4.2 errors when delivering to yahoo? How did you get around it? Thanks! Could b...

Excel Hyperlinks
To my hero, My hyperlinks degrade. They have the error "Reference is not valid" eventhough the hyperlink worked previously. I am creating a resource spreadsheet. To search this spreadsheet I have created a network of internal hyperlinks. The links are to different cells on the same worksheet and on other worksheets within the workbook. The hyperlinks all work fine, even after closing the file and reopening it later. For some reason, the links are "corupted?" I do not change the location of the file (the location should be irrelevent if the links are int...

How to get rid of "where is Outlook Mail.pst"?
I've just recently bought a new laptop which came with Vista installed so I've decided to give it a go and make up my own mind about it. However, new machine, old problem of transferring files. Using a cross-over cable I've managed to transfer most of my files across and when it came to transferring my mail (I use MS Outlook 2003 from Office 2003 Pro) I decided to use the export command on my old computer to create a PST file which I called "Outlook Mail.pst". I then I transferred it to the desktop folder on the new computer and launched Outlook and told it to impo...

http mail
With OWA, we can access email via the url "serverName/exchange". Does anyone know if we can rename the virtual directory name "exchange" to something else ? I looked at the iis manager for the exchange site property, it wouldn't allow us the change the name. Any suggestions ? ...

out going mails problem
we are using outlook express and outlook as our default mail client when mails are sent from either of clients that mials are not delivered to destination. nmails are going from outbos and they are shown in sent items but they are not being sent to destination. we are using winproxy for internet sharing I verified configuration of win proxy that is also fine. SMTP service also running in proxyserver. entries of sent items are shown below To subject sent Accout Someone@abc.com something mm/dd/yy 192.168.1.26 192.168.1.26 is our proxy ...

E-mail Partial Workbook
I have sheet 1, 2 & 3 in a workbook and would like to E-Mail to a part only Sheet 2 without them seeing Sheets 1 and 3 from their e-mail. would like to do it without using *VBA* (I'm a beginner) or usin *copy, paste and giving sheet 2 a new name. -- DON ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DON S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1288 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26731 Hi Don I have examples on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >> would like to...

Internal Error
I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start Money. It does it twice, then goes back to my desktop. Any ideas? I have backups. Thanks. Try to start the sample.mny file - you can double click the file to launch it. Do not change it. Exit if it displays okay. If that fails too then the question is. did you change anything to your system like software or hardware? arthur == On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:41:01 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start ...

Mail Routing
I have an exchange 5.5 server SP4 running on NT4. I also have an exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 server. My exchange 5.5 server is responsible for handling mail to the company.com domain. I have setup an MX record for lab.company.com to go the the new exchange 2003 server for testing. The exchange 2003 server is sending and receiving mail fine. The only problem is that the exchange 5.5 server won't send mail to it. The messages get stuck in the queue with a status of "host unreachable". Is this because company.com is part of the lab.company.com destination? ...

Outlook 2003, View
In Outlook 2003 I click View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views. In the Custom View Organizer higlight IMAP Messages, click Modify, make changes, click OK to close the 'Customize View: IMAP Messages' window, and click Apply View in the Custom View Organizer window. When I view another IMAP mail folder, I have to go through the same steps again and again. The view for all mail folders show IMAP Messages, but the set view is not taking affect. Is this a bug in Outlook 2003? I am trying to set all the IMAP mail folders to a particular view that I like to use, but it seems like...

print preview problem in windows mail
I can't see print preview of my incoming & outgoing mails... There is a mail in my inbox, how can i get to know whether it should be print in portrait or landscape mode? I am helpless, it is looking like in portrait but some text (a particular coloum) is missing on printed page nor it came on the next page. Then i printed it in landscape mode...But how can i get to know that whether it should be print in portrait or landscape mode? Unfortunately there is no print preview in Windows Mail. If it is really important to get it right the first time, copy the email = and paste...

Slow internal delivery for a few emails
Hi All Scenario is thus: Small exchange setup, 400 users across 4 servers in two sites. Lots of network memory and CPU to spare I ran a trial promodag for a couple of weeks running to look at internal delivery speed 99.6% gets delivered within 5 minutes (as expected)... It's the .4 percent that's causing trouble as it amounts to 600 emails. The max size of a message is 10MB so it's not big attachments, I don't think 600 people are using "do not send before" and don't _think_ it's anything to do with people re-syncing from being offline. So what can it b...

mail enabled public folder displays mail as IMP.poster
I have created a mail enabled public folder for handeling a newsletter. the folder displays received mail as IMP.post rather than a Message/Note. I have read the http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817809 KB, However there is no such reg entry. I need to know which messages were replied to by our staff. Also; This folder will receive around one thousand bounces/replies bi weekly, is this a bad idea for a SBS box with Exchange SP2 applied. FYI, the newsletter is not sent from this machine, we only receive the return mail. should I just recreate a user mailbox? this was the origional setup, a...

Returned e mail messages
Hi, I have posted several times but the answers that I have had have not helped me. I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2002 one Yahoo account and one with a hosting company called oneandone internet. I have followed the account setup on both accounts to the letter and can send and receive mail messages to and from anyone on my contact list. However any mail or address that is sent to me via ebay's mail forwarding system cannot be replied to either by hitting reply in outlook or by sending an original e mail to the address. I always get a returned mail/undeliverable message whi...

Mail merge not saving link
Hi, I'm beginning the evaluation of MSCRM 3. I did a mail merge via the Outlook client and indeed the word mail merge was put into the contacts history. Unfortunately, there is no link in the activity to the actual word document. Is there any way to link (automatically) the word document with the activity? Thanks, Cedric ...

internal and internal domain name
Hi all My domain/exchange server are set to internaldomain.local i.e. if I create a user the user e-mail address is user@internaldomain.local . Now I want to register a domain on the internet so that my user(s) can receive/send e-mail to external. Once I register my domain externaldomain.com and have my SOA records out there with something like 10 mail.externaldomain.com IP_Address MX will the mail sent to user@externaldomain.com be delivered to user@internaldomain.local? Thanks In news:%23LmpxqW9FHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, AAFC <nospamaafc@comcast.net> ...

outlook 2000 hangs when checking mail
My husband has his outlook set up to check mail as soon as he opens it. He used it last night and everything worked fine. However, this morning at work, when he starts outlook, it starts checking for mail and hangs up. he then configured Eudora, which he was using until last week, to check for new messages, and it downloaded the messages just fine. How can he resolve this issue? His operating system is Windows 2000. Most likely the Personal Folders file (.pst file) size has become too large. This is a common occurrence. The files are supposed to hold up to 2GB, but will start causi...

sort mail group
How do I sort my names in a contact group by surname first. oldzac Have you tried clicking on the surname column header? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "oldzac" <oldzac@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message = news:%23M3G%23nYZKHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I sort my names in a contact group by surname first. > oldzac When I open up the group there is no column header. I must be doing something wrong. oldzac "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> ...

URL Error Hitting Internal CRM
I have set up a CRM 3.0 server and all looks good... but when I try to hit the CRM intranet site that was created during the installation (http://myserver:5555) I have a problem from my XP clients. Basically when the client hits that url it goes to the site but IE then immediatly closes. When I do this as an admin from the server I get the window stating something like "crm is going to open another IE from crm and close the calling IE" I can then choose to close the existing IE and the new IE is launched into CRM. Clients get nothing and new new IE is launched. Is there s...

Trace origin of internal email message to internal user
I have "User A" who received an email from "User B", but "User B" claims she never sent that message. The message doesn't show up in her Outlook "sent items" folder. Can I trace the origin of an internal email message. I would like to at the very least find which computer the message was sent from. Hi, "Legendsfan" <spam@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OtB8$xnHFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have "User A" who received an email from "User B", but "User B" claims >she never sen...

How to create an email in a client's default mail client
Hi I need to create and send an email using MAPI that works when the client is using outlook express, or a variety of versions of outlook. I think this code will work with a variety of outlook versions, but it doesn't work with outlook express What do I need to do differently to work with Outlook Express and Outlook? -------------- Code Snippet Set oApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set oOutbox = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(4) '4 = olFolderOutbox enum value Set oEmail = oApp.CreateItem(0) '0 - olMailItem enum va...

Spam sent from outside to our internal users, from our internal users addresses!!! E2k
I've seent this problem alot, but it hasn't haunted me for a while until today. Getting messages frmo users@mydomain.com, to users@mydomain.com. Using Exchange 2000, SP3 (+post fixes), on a W2k Sp4 box. I have the SMTP server settings to only allow to 10.x subnets to relay. This works if someone tries to relay to outside of us... but someone can send from any address to our domain, and I can't find any white papers that address this. I've checked 'Perform Reverse DNS on incoming messages", but this doesn't solve the problem. There has to be a way to specify that y...

Can I send Direct Mail with an Attachment?
We have CRM 1.2 Customer Service Professonal We want to send out monthly reports attached to emails. We were told that this was possible in MS CRM but Direct Mail doesn't give you an option to attach a document. I created a list of customers who are to recieve the report but when I use the list to display the 900+ recipients and create an activity I can only select the 50 I see on the screen and not the full 900. Even changing the number of items listed only gives me 100. Has anyone solved this problem? We replaced an aging ACT installation but now my users are screaming for me to give i...