Internal Email not displaying senders name.

Hi,

I have an problem where a user sends an internal mail , and the
recipients do not see the senders display name.

Configuration is, 1 user. 2 accounts. 2 email addresses. (Using
Exchange)

Account 1:   username: bob1    smtp: bob1@bob.com
Account 2:   username: bob2    smtp: bob1@jane.com (account is
disabled)

Scenario:
BOB1 logs into the BOB domain and sends emails as BOB1. He can send
emails to anyone on the BOB1 domain and externally, and the dislpay
name is correct. All working fine.

BOB1 logs into the BOB domain, and sends emails as BOB2 using the from
field. He can physically send emails, but internally his name is not
displayed, yet externally his email address appears as the sender.

This one is doing my head in. In comments or recommendations would be
appreciated.

Regards.

Boggy

0
bsomers (3)

Using what client (Outlook, OWA, other--specify) and what sending protocol,
MAPI or SMTP (with IMAP or POP)?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Boggy" <bsomers@pureit.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an problem where a user sends an internal mail , and the
> recipients do not see the senders display name.
>
> Configuration is, 1 user. 2 accounts. 2 email addresses. (Using
> Exchange)
>
> Account 1:   username: bob1    smtp: bob1@bob.com
> Account 2:   username: bob2    smtp: bob1@jane.com (account is
> disabled)
>
> Scenario:
> BOB1 logs into the BOB domain and sends emails as BOB1. He can send
> emails to anyone on the BOB1 domain and externally, and the dislpay
> name is correct. All working fine.
>
> BOB1 logs into the BOB domain, and sends emails as BOB2 using the from
> field. He can physically send emails, but internally his name is not
> displayed, yet externally his email address appears as the sender.
>
> This one is doing my head in. In comments or recommendations would be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards.
>
> Boggy

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/5/2006 5:33:32 AM
HI,
I am using Outlook. And SMTP protocol.
Thanks
Boggy

0
bsomers (3)
9/5/2006 6:00:59 AM
Then you have an Outlook problem because the formation of the message's
headers is controlled by Outlook.  Consider using MAPI.
--

> HI,
> I am using Outlook. And SMTP protocol.
> Thanks
> Boggy

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/5/2006 8:13:47 PM
Thanks for your reply Ed, but can you elaborate on what to investigate.
Any Ideas?

Can anyone answer this question? If a user is on "domain a" and wants
to send and email using an address of something other than "domain a" ,
what is the best way to do it?

Thanks

Boggy

0
bsomers (3)
9/6/2006 12:40:30 AM
I think what you need to do is to configure your client to show the display
name on sent mail.
--

> Thanks for your reply Ed, but can you elaborate on what to investigate.
> Any Ideas?
>
> Can anyone answer this question? If a user is on "domain a" and wants
> to send and email using an address of something other than "domain a" ,
> what is the best way to do it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Boggy

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/7/2006 5:36:44 AM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>I think what you need to do is to configure your client to show the display
>name on sent mail.

If he's using SMTP and not authenticating with the SMTP server then
the resolution of the e-mail address to display name is working as
designed. Anonymous senders shouldn't have their e-mail addresses
resolved. Check the "Authentication..." button on the SMTP Virtual
Server's "Access" tab. Is the "Resolve anonymous e-mail" box checked?

Resolve Anonymous Senders Functionality in Microsoft Exchange 2003
[828770]

And for reasons why you wouldn't want to do that:
How to restrict the users who can send inbound Internet e-mail to
another user or to a distribution group in Exchange 2003 [827616]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>I think what you need to do is to configure your client to show the
>>display
>>name on sent mail.
>
> If he's using SMTP and not authenticating with the SMTP server then
> the resolution of the e-mail address to display name is working as
> designed. Anonymous senders shouldn't have their e-mail addresses
> resolved. Check the "Authentication..." button on the SMTP Virtual
> Server's "Access" tab. Is the "Resolve anonymous e-mail" box checked?
>
> Resolve Anonymous Senders Functionality in Microsoft Exchange 2003
> [828770]
>

> And for reasons why you wouldn't want to do that:
> How to restrict the users who can send inbound Internet e-mail to
> another user or to a distribution group in Exchange 2003 [827616]
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/8/2006 10:58:57 PM
Rich, if an unauthenticated sender supplies "Blow, Joe <joe.blow@xyzzy.com>"
in the From: header, will Exchange strip out the friendly name?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>I think what you need to do is to configure your client to show the
>>display
>>name on sent mail.
>
> If he's using SMTP and not authenticating with the SMTP server then
> the resolution of the e-mail address to display name is working as
> designed. Anonymous senders shouldn't have their e-mail addresses
> resolved. Check the "Authentication..." button on the SMTP Virtual
> Server's "Access" tab. Is the "Resolve anonymous e-mail" box checked?
>
> Resolve Anonymous Senders Functionality in Microsoft Exchange 2003
> [828770]
>

> And for reasons why you wouldn't want to do that:
> How to restrict the users who can send inbound Internet e-mail to
> another user or to a distribution group in Exchange 2003 [827616]
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/8/2006 11:00:23 PM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>Thanks for the clarification, Rich.  Agreed on why that shouldn't be
>allowed.

Oops. Answered the right question, but to the wrong  person. :-/

That unauthenticated user not resolving addresses to display names
disturbs a lot of people until you point out to them why it's done.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>Rich, if an unauthenticated sender supplies "Blow, Joe <joe.blow@xyzzy.com>"
>in the From: header, will Exchange strip out the friendly name?

No, it won't.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Display only check box in CListView
I know that it is possible to have a check box in a ListBox but I would like to have a read only check box in a CListCtrl on my main window. Is that possible and how would I set it up? ...

Add-ins and #NAME errors
I have an Excel spreadsheet that was saved with a series of add-in function calls. The add-in wasn't loaded at the time, and the UDF cells contained #NAME errors. When I opened the sheet on a machine that did contain the relevant add-in, I expected that hitting F9, Shift+F9 or at the very most Ctrl+Alt+F9 would recalculate all the cells including the ones with the #NAMEs. However this was not the case. The only way I could fix this sheet was by using an F2+Enter combination on the broken #NAME cells. Since the range was relatively large, I used a VBA macro with SendKeys. ...

client pc domain name does not change automatically after domain r
Hi all, I perform a domain rename procedure using netdom and rendom which was successful. Did a netdiag test and all dns related tests passed. However my domain member PCs did not change to new domain automatically. I rebooted the member pc serveral times and have checked that the option "change primary dns suffix when domain membership changes" is enabled. What i realise is that the new AD zone created in my dns does not have a host record for my member computer. I deleted the old zone and create a host record on the new zone, restart the member pc serveral times bu...

Email Newsletter on Publisher
I send out an emal newsletter that I do on Publisher. Not everyone, but a good handful receive the email newsletter with formatting issues...specficially it's like the newsletter was cut from top to bottom and one side is on top of the other. Is this an issue with how I put the newsletter together of with the person's computer who's experiencing the bad format. -- Joel If you use PagePlus 10 you can send it out in PDF format. Everything you need is built into PagePlus including PDF. Everybody will then receive the newsletter perfectly. http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pagep...

Excel Hyperlinks
To my hero, My hyperlinks degrade. They have the error "Reference is not valid" eventhough the hyperlink worked previously. I am creating a resource spreadsheet. To search this spreadsheet I have created a network of internal hyperlinks. The links are to different cells on the same worksheet and on other worksheets within the workbook. The hyperlinks all work fine, even after closing the file and reopening it later. For some reason, the links are "corupted?" I do not change the location of the file (the location should be irrelevent if the links are int...

Outlook Rules: when email comes into inbox want to place email address into contact list
Hi there, Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email address and add it to a specified contact list. Can this be done?? Thanks Steven <stevenpelham@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137031390.188120.152420@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email > comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email > address and add it to a specified contact list. > > Can this be done?? So ...

recovering emails #2
I had to reinstall outlook express and I can't see my old emails, folders, contacts. Can I recover these items? "mark" <mark@srta.net> wrote in message news:027801c3af91$6801c110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I had to reinstall outlook express and I can't see my old > emails, folders, contacts. Can I recover these items? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.publ...

Images in tables display issue
When I insert an image into a cell within a table, I always end up with a small white gap between the bottom of the image and the bottom border of the table. This appears only to be an issue with the on-screen display, because when I print out the image the gap isn't there. This is very frustrating, as I spent a very, very long time trying to get rid of this space before I decided to print out the page to make sure it wasn't just an on-screen display issue. Is this a known bug with Windows 2003, or is there something more that I can do to make my on-screen display within...

Double emails being received
I have 2 accounts attached to outlook - my personal one and my business one. I am receiving duplicate emails on the business side, no issue on the personal side. My ISP claims it is not a problem there.- test emails to the business account are OK. I have had 2 accounts for many years and the issue of doubles has only arisen in the past few weeks. "Barton B." <BartonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CD02297-F86D-4EB7-9E60-A20BB4B8C242@microsoft.com... >I have 2 accounts attached to outlook - my personal one and my business one. > I am r...

Inconsistent Behavior Sending Email
Using Outlook 2002 connecting to my ISP. I recently imported a .pst file that contains contacts. If I create a new mail message and select the "To" button to select addressees from the imported contacts folder and then send email, I get an undeliverable message in the format: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Message Sent: 10/26/2004 4:56 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: First Last (LastF@company.com) on 10/26/2004 4:56 PM None of you...

Internal Error
I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start Money. It does it twice, then goes back to my desktop. Any ideas? I have backups. Thanks. Try to start the sample.mny file - you can double click the file to launch it. Do not change it. Exit if it displays okay. If that fails too then the question is. did you change anything to your system like software or hardware? arthur == On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:41:01 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start ...

Intrinsically retrieve calling form name
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; I have a color coded control on a form that when double clicked opens a popup, which is actually another form in datasheet view that acts as a pick list. This keeps my main form clean and provides a nice interface. Currently, I pass the name of the calling form and control to the pick list form using OpenArgs. But, I was wondering whether there might be an intrinsic way to obtain the calling form name and or control without actually having to physically pass them? i.e. Just a line of code that retrieves this information? I'm not sure whether that ...

Updating DSV Deletes All named Queries
I have a project to build multiple Report Builder (RB) models utilizing the same underlying database. Each model will have its own DSV due to the fact that each model will be based upon a business department's needs. During the course of developing these models, the underlying database was changed quite a bit due to an application upgrade. Whenever I try to update the changes to the underlying database in the RB data source veiws (DSV), all named queries get deleted form the DSVs. I have tried to use the 'refresh" option in the DSV and I have tried to used the ...

poor quality images in sent emails
Sometimes, I wish to include a small image inline with the rest of the text in my emails. However, the quality of the image sent is much poorer than the quality of the image pasted in (or inserted). It appears that the colour depth has been reduced. Does anyone know whey this is happening and how I can correct it please Thanks Neil Version of Outlook? What is the image format when you insert it? Are you using HTML or RTF? What mail client is the recipient using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (V...

Copy one inbound email to two email boxes
Exchange 2003 SP1; W2K3 Server - all patched up to date. Have an inbound email "toemail@company.com" which is collectted by auser. I want to be able to get this email autoforwarded to buser's mailbox from the exchange server even if auser is NOT logged on or has his machine running. auser has a laptop so wont always be in the office. Already have ALL inbound & outbound email autocopied to a Monitor box. Can this be done within Exchange ? Many Thanks. -- TerryF TerryF wrote: > Exchange 2003 SP1; W2K3 Server - all patched up to date. > Have an inbound email "t...

How send email inline (not as attachment) from Word 2007?
In Word 2003, when I have a document open I can click File | Send To | and then choose Mail Recipient to have Word open Outlook and email the document as text inside the message, not as an attachment. However, in Word 2007 when I click on the MS Office button and choose Send, that option sends it as an attachment. There doesn't seem to be an option to send it inline. Any thoughts? Thanks. Add the "Send to Mail Recipient" item to the Quick Access Toolbar. You will find it in the All Commands group. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

Removing attachments from multiple emails #2
I need to remove attachments (pictures) from many emails, possibly hundreds of emails, which are sorted in different folders. I want to keep the emails but can safely remove the attachments, is there an easy way to remove all the attachments? Nick "Nick" <njframe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OItQgzx8GHA.4604@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I need to remove attachments (pictures) from many emails, possibly hundreds >of emails, which are sorted in different folders. > > I want to keep the emails but can safely remove the attachments, is there > an easy way...

Macro to send email automatically.
I have a macro set up to send an email to users when there password is due to expire. How do i get the email to actually send. The mail is populated and ready to send but wont actually go. Is there a line i need to add at the end of the macro to send the mail? Show your code Which mail program do you use ? -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Dan Wood" <DanWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3452486-D1B7-4D5A-BE4B-480119AAAE0A@microsoft.com... >I have a macro set up to send an email to users when there passw...

Open an email within an email
In OE6 w/XP SP3, when an email is opened that has a forwarded email as an attachment, it is opened with Thunderbird. The attachment is shown with the TB icon. TB3 is also installed on this computer, but OE6 is definitely the default email program. Perhaps these eml file extension attachments are not directed to open with OE. Create a file association. 1. Download and save the attachment on the desktop. 2. Right click on the saved file. 3. Select: Open With from the pop-up menu. 4. Click: Choose [default] Program. 5. Select: Outlook Express. ...

Displayed Name and Email Address
Hi, Our company email account is actually a distribution group in the exchange server of our SBS2003. There are two members in this group. In other words, any inbound email to the company email account, both members (accounts) get an email copy. The emails of these two account are retrieved via outlook 2003 (which the type of the account is exchange server). Now the question is: how can I set the outlook so that the recipient "see" the email address is the distribution group address and name. This can easily be done in pop3 account. But for exchange server account, there is n...

Unable to open email folder
I am unable to open an email folder in Outlook Express. I have found the .dbx file relating to this folder, is there anyway to recover the contents. About 8mb of emails. Many Thanks Alan, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft ne...

mail enabled public folder displays mail as IMP.poster
I have created a mail enabled public folder for handeling a newsletter. the folder displays received mail as IMP.post rather than a Message/Note. I have read the http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817809 KB, However there is no such reg entry. I need to know which messages were replied to by our staff. Also; This folder will receive around one thousand bounces/replies bi weekly, is this a bad idea for a SBS box with Exchange SP2 applied. FYI, the newsletter is not sent from this machine, we only receive the return mail. should I just recreate a user mailbox? this was the origional setup, a...

pitures in emails not visible
Hi My out look has just got a problem, it will not show pictures /graphics in emails. This is emails from friends marked as safe etc or when I click on the email to say down load picture, they all have a small red cross in the top left hand corner. Any advise is welcome Jon See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4a6ac579$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > Hi > My out look has just got a problem, it will not show pictures /graphics in > emails. > This is emails from friends marked as...

Find and display duplicate data
Hi, I have the following data: Sheet1 Sheet2 53446 Query+, 00053353446 53447 Query+, 00055353447 53448 Query+, 00053353448 The last 5 digits from each column on sheet2 are the same numbers as the colums on sheet1. Is there any possible way that a formula or an add-on be applied to this to display these duplicate results???? Please help Thanks Suppose you have the numbers in Sheet2 ColA.. With the number in Sheet1 cell A1 try the below formul...

Inbox not displaying emails
Outlook 2007 on WinXP, SP3 not on Exchange. I use Mailwasher to filter my email before downloading so I know there is mail on the server. I click Send/Receive in Outlook but the Inbox doesn't display the email, if I click on another folder (Sent) and then click on Inbox, there it is. Thank you in advance. "PeterL" wrote in <news:uowEXU2xIHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>: > Outlook 2007 on WinXP, SP3 not on Exchange. > > I use Mailwasher to filter my email before downloading so I know there is > mail on the server. I click Send/Receive in Outlook but the ...