installing microsoft pop3 connector on sbs

When I recently installed our exchange server for sbs, the pop3
connector wasn't installed, for some reason. Anyone know where the
option is to install it?

On 5 Mar 2007 21:07:00 -0800, "talkinggoat" <johnmclaren_99@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>When I recently installed our exchange server for sbs, the pop3
>connector wasn't installed, for some reason. Anyone know where the
>option is to install it?

If you insist on such an action might I ask that you go and ask in the
SBS newsgroups.
Meanwhile, to save yourself a good deal of time and grey hairs I will
point you at "POPCON" (google it) as a better and infinitely more
flexible solution.

0
mark7219 (5666)
3/6/2007 6:38:09 AM
On Mar 6, 12:38 am, "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <m...@mvps.org> wrote:
> On 5 Mar 2007 21:07:00 -0800, "talkinggoat" <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >When I recently installed our exchange server for sbs, the pop3
> >connector wasn't installed, for some reason. Anyone know where the
> >option is to install it?
>
> If you insist on such an action might I ask that you go and ask in the
> SBS newsgroups.
> Meanwhile, to save yourself a good deal of time and grey hairs I will
> point you at "POPCON" (google it) as a better and infinitely more
> flexible solution.

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try.

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Value Pak Installer

Microsoft word 2007 04-21-10
To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must surround the letter "c" with which symbol? Do your own homework. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheena" <Sheena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1C1982-FE01-4FE9-807C-7759DDD5D13B@microsoft.com... > To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must > surround > the letter "c" with which symbol? > With brackets. (c) "Sheena" wrote...

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

Microsoft Office
Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? Thanks MC You certainly should be able to I have xp home and have xl95, xl97sr2, and xl2002 all installed on mine. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MCabot" <ICC@zoomtown.com> wrote in message news:d57c1$43074b60$453dae72$5006@FUSE.NET... > Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? > > > > Thanks > MC > > Not sure what you mean by "dell XP", but see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217883 "Description of the system requirements for all editions of Office 200...

POP3 Clients with Exchange Mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2k3 environment. Now I have to add new users with mailboxes. These users cannot use standard connectivity. They will need to use pop3 accounts on my exchange server. Furthermore these users have user accounts in a child domain of the domain where the exchange sits. These users NEED to have mailboxes in exchange for logging purposes. The exchange server needs to pickup mail for these users externally and deliver it to the users mailbox. When sending it should do the same? Any pointers on how to setup this? Kind regards david In news:OzZqocf7GHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP05....

CRM SBS install error

SBS 2003 R2 SP2
Hi, I am trying to solve this issue but nothing works to fix it. I see that 1058 and 1030 events are present in the event viewer after the daily backup (NTBACKUP). Three hours after the event viewer show multiple and continuous 333 events. When I started to fix this issue I found the server lost network connection and services due to a memory exhaust state. I have applied some fixes to this server and appear not to crash. I am using a combination of NTBACKUP and COBIAN BACKUP Boletus to do the system and data backups. The server model is HP Proliant ML350 G5 and Window...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

Outlook 2000 switch from Microsoft Exchange to POP3 caused error
I just tried to switch from Microsoft Exchange configuration of Outlook 2000 to POP3. Installlation Wizard asked for CD and I am traveling and do not have it with me. Now I can't switch back to Microsoft Exchange because every time I invoke Outlook it tries to find the CD. How can I get back to my MS Exchange configuration? You can try this, but I can't guarantee it will work. Make sure you select Export from the FIle menu in Registry Editor before deleting anything in this registry key. That way, you can always put it back if something goes wrong. Open Regedit -select St...

Microsoft CRM 06-13-05
It seems that our Microsoft CRM stopped working; in the sense of accepting users to connect to it. I receive the follow error message each time I attempt to log into the server. Does anyone here know of this error and how to resolve it? http://myservername/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x80049001 Microsoft CRM User Access Error The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the system, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...

Excel 2003 installation error
I have been using my PC with excel program for 3 years and when I tried to open an excel spreadsheat today and it would not open. "Installation error: file not found" appeared. File not found was SKU011.CAB and I have not been able to reinstall as I don't have the installation CD as I bought the PC second hand with programs on it. Can anyone help? If you have access to another computer you could save the file from one computer to a disc and copy it in to the appropriate file folder in the computer with the error. "derk22" wrote: > I have been using my PC wit...