Install only 5.5 admin tools in 2003 Server

How can i install administration tools of exc5.5 in 2003 Server platform?

There is not need of server files installation.

I put the cd but it don't let me install anything from the autorun menu. It
shows me "Exchange 5.5 is not compatible with W2003".

Is there any way to install them not from autorun menu? executing some
setup.exe or so? or downloading them from any place?

Thanks for your support in advance.

0
ItoA (2)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:41:04 -0800, "ItoA"
<ItoA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How can i install administration tools of exc5.5 in 2003 Server platform?
>
>There is not need of server files installation.
>
>I put the cd but it don't let me install anything from the autorun menu. It
>shows me "Exchange 5.5 is not compatible with W2003".
>
>Is there any way to install them not from autorun menu? executing some
>setup.exe or so? or downloading them from any place?
>
>Thanks for your support in advance.

Run the Exchange 2003 setup and select only the 5.5 admin options down
at the bottom.
0
mark7219 (5666)
2/24/2005 1:52:38 PM
Thanks Mark

I've tryed with Exc2K disk and it works fine... It advise me with a warning
message but it runs without problems.

I will try to install it from Exh2K3 disk.

See you.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:41:04 -0800, "ItoA"
> <ItoA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >How can i install administration tools of exc5.5 in 2003 Server platform?
> >
> >There is not need of server files installation.
> >
> >I put the cd but it don't let me install anything from the autorun menu. It
> >shows me "Exchange 5.5 is not compatible with W2003".
> >
> >Is there any way to install them not from autorun menu? executing some
> >setup.exe or so? or downloading them from any place?
> >
> >Thanks for your support in advance.
>
> Run the Exchange 2003 setup and select only the 5.5 admin options down
> at the bottom.

0
ItoA (2)

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Unread mail in OUtlook 2003
The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients. Anyone have this problem? ...

outlook 2003 #69
i have problem sending messages from pop3 accounts in outook 2003 when i configure exchange server for intranet, even when i select pop3 account as defalut account and exchage is second option, if i select pop3 account as default then i am unable to send messages local exchange server, if i configure the same in outlook xp then every thing is ok pop3 and exchange any body can help me to solve this problem or it is a bug in outlook 2003 Configure the account (POP3 or Exchange) that you use the most as the default. When you want to send using the other account, select that account from...

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Value Pak Installer

Is CRM a good tool for marketing list management?
In conversation, the question came up on whether or not CRM is a good tool for marketing list management. One of the main concerns is that the by loading hundreds of accounts and thousands of contacts into the database, performance will degrade. (Currently we have about 360 companies and about 800 contacts.) -- Med On May 23, 3:39 pm, Medardo Lacayo <MedardoLac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In conversation, the question came up on whether or not CRM is a good tool > for marketing list management. One of the main concerns is that the by > loading hundreds of ac...

Exchange 2003 ESM errors
when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System Manager I am receiving the following error; The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated; tim Tim, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282125 E "TimW" <tim.watson@republink.com> wrote in message news:05a501c3c34e$ca07a570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System > Manager I am receiving the following error; &...

keyboard shortcut #5
Hello According to Office Assistant Online, if you click Ctrl Home, it places the insertion point to the beginning of the worksheet. And if you click Ctrl End, it moves the insertion point to the last used cell on the worksheet. My last row is 256 but Ctrl End takes the cursor to row 449 which is miles away. I've made absolutely sure there is nothing between 256 and 449 but it still does it. Can anyone help please Dave Sometime Excel remembers data or formatting that you removed from the worksheet. There are instructions here for resetting the last cell: http://www.contextur...

Installation #4

Outlook 2003 Deleting Deleted Items!
This annoying problem is driving me nuts! I'm running Outlook 2003 w/SP1 (Exchange 2000) on Windows 2000 Pro w/SP4. Recently, Outlook has been automatically emptying my Deleted Items folder to Recover Deleted Items! I've checked my Rules as well as AutoArchive settings but can't find the cause of these mysterious deletions. The problem persists even after I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 Pro. Actually after I did this, Outlook behaved itself for a whole day but the problem returned the next. Sometimes after recovering my deleted items, I can find my Deleted Item...

Access 2003 functions
I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have a geometric mean function. I can do it using common logarithims and anitlogarithims, but I can only find a natural logarithim function and an exp function that also is based on natural logs. Without going into excel, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Chris U�ytkownik "crhiggins" <crhiggins@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:A7BF21FF-F298-4983-8C03-F34A23E6B2FF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have >a > g...

Re: Japanese Language Tool
I'll add that it can be done quite easily in Windows 7 Ultimate. I have no idea which Operating System you're using. Nancy ------------------------------------------------------------------ "Nancy Jackman" wrote in message news:... It can be done. I have it in Windows 7. Someone will give you the hand-holding details. Nancy "Karen Gaudoin" wrote in message news:550D058D-CF35-4E6C-AAC2-DD8F3E346C3E@microsoft.com... I can send messages in Japanese type, but I can't receive in type, it comes through as symbols. The headings of the le...

Installer for my access application

Outlook 2003 / BCM
When you pull up the Opportunities page in Outlook 2003 / BCM - it sorts the stages alphabetically - (e.g. Closed Lost, Negotiation etc.). Is there a way for the view to open with the stages sorted by "stage" - (e.g. Prospecting, Qualification, Needs Analysis, etc.)? Please advise, BSW ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

How to overwrite a Tool tip in WordML
Hi, When there is mouse movement over a tag <Doc> in WordML, a tool tip like "Start of Doc" is displayed. I need to know if its possible to overwrite this tool tip, that is "Welcome to WordML" should be displayed when there is a mouse movement over <Doc>. Thanks. ...

how to sync my blackberry 7100 with outlook 2003
Please help. I have Outlook 2000 and can sync with my new blackberry but now it say on the 2003 says that no application selected. Ask RIM - it is their problem to solve as Microsoft has nothing to do with Blackberries other than using them. They do not write their software. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, davidwshipley asked: | Please help. I have Outlook 2000 and can sync w...

Installing XP over Linux

5.5 to 2003 Exchange
Hi All, Do I need to stop any services on my Exch 5.5 before I run the migration setup? How about the incoming email messages? I read the white paper from Microsoft but does not mention regarding to this matter. Please advice Thank you On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:28:44 -0700, "im_tigerwoods" <im_tigerwoods@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Do I need to stop any services on my Exch 5.5 before I run the migration >setup? How about the incoming email messages? I read the white paper from >Microsoft but does not mention regarding to this matter. > >Please advic...

microsoft publisher 2003 #2
When I copy from an outside source such as news article on internet, my copy comes up in a separate box when I paste. I have no problem copying & pasting from documents within publisher. Any suggestions? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rick <rsafriet@yahoo.com>!"... > When I copy from an outside source such as news article > on internet, my copy comes up in a separate box when I > paste. I have no problem copying & pasting from documents > within publisher. Any suggestions? Try the options under Paste Special Failing t...

outlook 2003 profile switching
I would like to have Outlook setup so that the default profile is my personal email account. However I also have an Exchange account at work that I occasionally check when I am at home. It is checked too infrequently to warrant a profile selection everytime Outlook is started up but is there a hotkey combo that will cause the box to pop up when I want it to and not every time? You can create a desktop shortcut to start a specific profile. outlook.exe /profile "name of profile" "Jason Gallas" <libbra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uFaXxHXMEHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP10....