Install Hang

This one is driving me mad!
I'm trying to install Exchange 2003 Enterprise on a very simply network (a
firewall, a domain controller and an exchange box).
Yet I can't get passed ForestPrep. It gets to "Configuring registry entries
for Microsoft Windows Active Directory schema update", then just hangs. I
have added all logical updates. The outputs of dcdiag and netdiag are fine.
In the Exchange Server Setup Process log the last line is "Process Created
.... Waiting (-1)", and then nothing.
Does anyone have any idea?

0
andrewt (1)

Take a look at the Exchange Setup Log in the root of the server for what it
is actually doing.

"Andrew" <andrewt@nospam.dbasplus.com> wrote in message
> This one is driving me mad!
> I'm trying to install Exchange 2003 Enterprise on a very simply network (a
> firewall, a domain controller and an exchange box).
> Yet I can't get passed ForestPrep. It gets to "Configuring registry
> entries for Microsoft Windows Active Directory schema update", then just
> hangs. I have added all logical updates. The outputs of dcdiag and netdiag
> are fine.
> In the Exchange Server Setup Process log the last line is "Process Created
> ... Waiting (-1)", and then nothing.
> Does anyone have any idea?

0
ewoodrick (190)

Can't install Money 2004 Deluxe #3
When I run setup to install Money 2004 deluxe, it starts the process and I choose Standard install but within a second it says "The Installation Wizard was interrupted before Microsoft Money 2004 could be completely installed." In microsoft.public.money, delirious wrote: >When I run setup to install Money 2004 deluxe, it starts >the process and I choose Standard install but within a >second it says "The Installation Wizard was interrupted >before Microsoft Money 2004 could be completely installed." See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;e...

Installing Crystal Designer on Same Server as CRM
Hi, Is it okay to install the Crystal Reports Designer on the same machine that contains an instance of CRM? This server also has the Crystal Enterprise piece installed. ...

Vista Hang
Hi Guys, Whenever I start the computer up, it gets to the "welcome" screen with the swirly icon, and then just stays there forever ctrl + alt + del doesnt even work. Im on Vista 64bit Things I've tried: - msconfig- disabled all non-microsoft services - msconfig- unchecked all startup entries - msconfig- boot- advanced options- set number of cpu's to4 (was 1) and checked maximum memory and set it to 8mb (was unchecked) -Windows Updates- completely updated -uninstalled avg none of those things have worked so far Any ideas? What happen...

a required installation file SKU111.CAB could not be found
Hi. I have an XP with Office 2003. I've had Publisher 2003 for years and a couple of weeks ago I installed Publisher 2007. I've been using it and it's worked fine until this morning. Now when I try to open an existing Publisher document (which I just used yesterday), I get an error message stating: "Installation Error: File not Found" A required installation file SKU111.CAB could not be found Original Installation Source Required: It's telling me to install my original Office 2003 CD (which I can't find). Is there something I can do since I don...

Windows Update keeps coming back with updates I already installed.
Ever since friday 19 february, Windows Update about dayly keeps coming back with updates I already installed. In concerns the updates KB975560 and KB977914. Before I realised that it were the same updates again and again, I downloaded and installed them half a dozen times, and received an OK every time. Is this a flaw in Windows Updater, or what could be the problem? JustWantItToWork wrote: > Ever since friday 19 february, Windows Update about dayly keeps > coming back with updates I already installed. > In concerns the updates KB975560 and KB977914. > Before I reali...

Exchange 2007
We are running Exchange 2007 on W2k3 SP2 using CCR. I've just installed Exch SP2 and post SP2 rollup, but now find that the current passive node when restarting does not start the 'Information Store' service and creates a 7024 error in the event log (exit code 0). As soon as I am able to log onto the server I can start the service manually. I've googled and checked the Microsoft site I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285116/en-us but this does not seem to be the reason. Any help greatly appreciated. Pete. ...

CRM Trial Installation Software
Is there a trial version of CRM for Small Bus Server Standard Edition, and step-by-step install instructions available? Also, my hardware: SBS 2003 Standard with SP1 (1) Xeon 2.8 GHz cpu 2 GB RAM Is this adequate for CRM? Does CRM require SQL server or does it install one on SBS? Any pointers and pitfalls would be appreciated. Thanks Marc http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en Not sure if there is a Small Biz version bnut this should work. It requires SQL server but you can probably find a trial of that as wel...

Install sql 2008 database
From this link http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/download/, select "runitime with management tools", installed many times but never get database engine installed although management tools were installed. Any idea how to? -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/200912/1 ...

Money 02 Installation
I just installed XP Pro and want to install Money 2002. It says I need Serive Pack 5 on the box under System Requirements. Do I really need it to install and run this application properly? Many thanks. Service Pack 5 to what? I think you mean it says it needs IE5. IE6 will do. IE4 won't run on XP. "EL" <laolaptak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10de01c378c5$dac7e650$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP Pro and want to install Money 2002. > It says I need Serive Pack 5 on the box under System > Requirements. Do I really need it to install and run &...

BP4 Installation
Hi All, I was trying to upgrade bp3 to bp4, but i have some problem with upgrade. so i just uninstalled bp3 and remove WSS2.0 and removed IIS. Then do the fress install. WSS3.0 was successfully isntalled, and then i tried to install bp 4, but there were some exceptions were thrown, and after that, when i try http://servername/bp, nothing shows up except 404 error, saying page is not found.. i did choose to Install to an existing Web application and Site Collection. Is there anything that i went wrong??? please help!!!! It's very urgent... Thanks, Jun On Aug 2, 1:50=A0am, J. Joe &...

Excel 2002 files up to 78% smaller after installing XP SP3. *What* the?
I'm running Office XP in Win 2000. I hadn't installed any XP Service Packs, so I just updated to XP SP3. I have a couple of large (multi-MB) Excel 2002 workbooks. On saving them for the first time after the update, the size of one .xls shrank 78%, that is, to only **22%** of what it was before. The other shrank by 26%, to 74% its prior size. I mean, WHAT the? What I suspect is: My two files have a lot of VBA code and: 1) Even tho' they're much smaller now, no data or code seems to be lost. 2) Before, I noticed that adding even a little code greatly increased...

Installer #2
When I click on a folder, alot of times I get the windows installer come up saying it's installing a feature, it takes a little while but it finishes. Now, It would be allright if once it installed it didn't do it again , but it will do it over and over. Any help will be apriciated. Thanks, ...Louie <lsantana@progress.com> wrote in message news:<026a01c3b840$60b4b860$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > When I click on a folder, alot of times I get the windows > installer come up saying it's installing a feature, it > takes a little while but it finishes. Now, It w...

Can't install SP2 in Vista Home Premium
pudmar@shaw.ca Is Anyone willing to help me or guide me with installing SP2 and other impportent updates for my Vista Home premium laptop Dell Inspiron 1721 - please. I was trying several times but no cigar so to speak. Marian (that happen to be he) Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista SP2 issues until August 30, 2010. Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034 & select appropriate category (i.e.,...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

How to re-install CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003
As an Action Pack subscriber I received CRM 1.0 sometime ago and thought I would look into this product. Since then I have tried to install CRM 5 times and failed every time for one reason or another. The most recent Action Pack had an excellent white paper dealing with the installation of CRM and I thought I would bite the bullet and find out what this product does. I installed SQL and everything went well until it screwed up the SBS 2003 backup. Loaded the hotfix for that. Got CRM working on workstation with XP2 (needed hotfix for that) Event log started filling up with duplicate creden...

installation of 2nd DHCP server
Hi, We have a windows 2003 DHCP server. I am trying to activate another DHCP server (on windows 2003). So that we have to server handling out IP's - what issues should I be aware of, apart from configuring different scopes? Can I preform this during normal working hours Thanks Hello Vishal, I assume you have used the name "biren" in a posting from 18:38 from today so please check the previous posting about. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT...

Installation issue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel On July 31, I bought the MacBook Air computer (W88137LJY51), its Superdrive and Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (Home & Student Edition ). I tried many times to install the MS Office software in this computer, but always failed. It shows that the drive or installer cannot find the software to be installed. Now I am back to China, and tried to contact Apple and Microsoft here in Shanghai, but both of them cannot provide the service because the products were bought in US. Microsoft here in China even cannot find the Prod...

Installing Microsoft Money Essentials
I purchased and downloaded Microsoft Money Essentials. The download appeared to work correctly; however, when I try to open the downloaded file, nothing happens. The response from tech support was to repeat the download. I did that several times with the same result. I am using a new computer running Vista. Any suggestions about getting the software installed would be appreciated. -- seeking help in NC ...

Money Premium 2005 Installation directory?
Is there any way to change the installation directory for money 2005, say with a command line option/etc to the install program? I just purchased it, but would rather not have it on my system drive, which is very full. There was no option when I ran the setup program. ~ Alex "Alex" <alexkoch@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e4fa353e.0410270541.4ec272d5@posting.google.com... > Is there any way to change the installation directory for money 2005, > say with a command line option/etc to the install program? I just > purchased it, but would rather not have it on ...

re-installation office 2003
I removed my version of office standard 2003 from my computer to save some space and to allow me to run the defragmenter. However during my attempt to reinstall the product the entered product key seems to indicate that the software is now only an update and requires a previously installed office version. I am positive that I bought a full version of that software package and not just an update. Any suggestions? If you have an upgrade, you need something to upgrade. If you think you purchased a full versxion, you need to be able to back that up. Even then I suspect you wil...

Outlook 2002 hangs #7
We have a EXCH2K. One of the users ( Outlook 2002) has a PST file configured. The Outlook goes very slow and sometimes hangs for a long time while shifing between folders or while opening an email. It also stops responding at times. When you start outlook again it prompts to open up in safe mode. the user then has to open in Safe mode, Exit and then start in normail mode. The PC has Win XP Pro and Office XP its a PIV with 256 MB RAM. Any suggestions from any one on what could be going wrong How big is the .pst file? And why are you using .pst files when you have Exchange? --� Milly ...

Installation of CRM on SBS 2003 Question
When installing CRM 3.0 on Microsoft SBS 2003 will installing into the default web site cause any problems with any thing else running from there such as Outook Web access, sharepoint, etc? Is it better to create a "new web site" when installing? Thanks, John Lammey You should create a new website. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "John Lammey" wrote: > When installing CRM 3.0 on Microsoft SBS 2003 will installing into the > default web site cause any problems with any thing else running from there > such as Outook Web access, sharepoint,...

WSUS account used to install patches
Is there an account/id that can be configured to push patches? WSUS 3.0 patches are pushed group policy. -- Thanks Barb ...

DPM Agent Install failed with Errorcode =80070643
I have problems with install DPM Agent 2007. Environment: DPM 2007 on W2008 x64 DPM Client All machines same AD. Client machines: W2008 x64 (Exchange and other HYPER V Machines) W2K3 SP2 (FAX, etc.) W2K3 Agents are working fine. Install on the W2008 failes with Errorcode =80070643. I ve checked already the previous postings: - DCOM Group - MSXML 6.0 - DPM Groups in AD on DCs - Local Administrator Accounts So I going to poste the always requested Log files. Perhabs someone can figure out whats wrong. PS: I have also tested install on W2008 32Bit, but failed with...

cannot download templates after active x is installed
I have tried several times to download templates for Publisher but each time I get a window that says that Active X is installed, to continue, but it quickly, within 5 seconds, reverts back to the template page where I can download the template without actually downloading it. I have checked my settings and followed the Help suggestions of making sure Active X for Publisher is installed or enabled. Please help. This is from help on the ClipArt web site If you are running Microsoft Windows� XP with Service Pack 2, it is possible to disable or enable ActiveX controls by using the Manage...