Install Exchange 2000 in a domain with existing users.

I have installed a Exchange 2000 Server in a existing domain 2000 with
users. If I create a new user, he has Exchange proprieties but old users
don't have them.

How can I add Exchange proprieties to old users to configure email, public
folders and something like that ???

Thank you.

0
sdfsdf (7)

"J.C." <sdfsdf@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have installed a Exchange 2000 Server in a existing domain 2000 with
>users. If I create a new user, he has Exchange proprieties but old users
>don't have them.
>
>How can I add Exchange proprieties to old users to configure email, public
>folders and something like that ???
>
>Thank you.

Either install the Exchange System Manager components on the DC
(Setup.exe and select only the management parts) or run ADU&C on the
Exchange server. If you do that you can right click and select
"Exchange Tasks" on the users who were pre-existing.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)

RE-Installing

Outlook 2000 upgrade problems
I'm currently on Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627), (but Belarc says I've still got v 9.0.6604) having installed a proffered "improvement" from Microsoft. I can see several changes, including a) an inability now to display new address book entries in the form "Smith, John" rather than John Smith; and b) an inability to send emails from any of my mailboxes - it now insists on sending from my default mailbox on behalf of the other mailbox. Can anyone advise whether, and how, I can revert to the previous version? Thanks in anticipation ...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Javamail and Exchange
Not sure if this is where I ought to post but... We have a Java application that sends emails out through out Exchange 2003 server. It's a standard SMTP mail format. What we have noticed is the Java app can send anywhere from 10 to 50 messages before it recieves a 421 message from the SMTP engine. This causes the Java connection to reset and we think we are losing mail. Is there anything configuration wise that could be causing Exchange to send the 421? -Patrick ...

Exchange Contacts list
I maintain the contact info for my old Air Force Pilot Training group. I would like to send that info to a couple other pilots so they can have a backup listing. They use Outlook also. What would be the best way to do that? I've tried going into Contacts and choosing import/export but the export options don't include the basic format that Outlook uses. Mail merge seems to be for sending mass mailings. There may be an easier way than this, but . . . Create a PST file (if using 2007, make sure the PST file is 2000 compatible), Copy the contacts folder to the PST file, Emai...

Value Pak Installer

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...
I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically the sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to retrieve them in any way. We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of troubleshooting we were told that it must have been "user error". The problem continues to occur and I have seen other posts explaining the same situation. Any ideas? You can use a tool like the MAPI Editor Tool to see if the folders are still in the mailbox. They may still exist but hidden...

Prompt user to save changes in a form
Hello... I figured out how to prompt my users to save their changes to an existing record in a form before closing. However, I was wondering how I can make it so it only prompts them on existing records and not new. Another words if they create a new record and add in their data I do not want the prompt to come up when they go to close the window. I hope I am explaining this correctly. =) Thank you in advance for any help you can give. Also...fyi...I am not very familiar with sql so I need the "dummy" version please =) Sorry again, I dont know a whole about all this. Were in...

Exchange 2003 ESM errors
when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System Manager I am receiving the following error; The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated; tim Tim, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282125 E "TimW" <tim.watson@republink.com> wrote in message news:05a501c3c34e$ca07a570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System > Manager I am receiving the following error; &...

Installation #4

Using TabTag with Exchange mailbox
I am trying to get TabTag to operate on the contact, task and calendar folders in my Microsoft Exchange mailbox. The only portion of the Exchange server to which I have access is the mailbox. How would I do this? I am currently using the free, single-user version of TabTag and have no objection to buying the paid version if that's what it takes. Many thanks. Perhaps you should ask the good folks at TabTag?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jum...

Locate existing record-update it on the form
I placed a command button on a form and want to use it to search for an existing record and then populate the form with that record so I can update/add to it. The form's record source is a table (tblRFPTracking). I'm having a mental block on how to accomplish this and appreciate any help. Linda Here's one approach... Add a combobox (unbound) to the form (I stick mine in the header). Have that combobox list the records available for editing. I usually only include the bare minimum necessary to distinguish one record from another. Use a query to "feed" t...

excel 2000 more than 8000 rows
I have file that is name, date, vol, page. There is over 8,000 rows of information. When I sort by vol & page it goes to 6024 and then starts over with the rest of the rows. Hope I am explaining myself. I don't find this if I sort by name. Is there anyway to overcome this? I have tried looking all over for help, can someone help or point me to a place that could help. TIA IdaKay idakay@dcwis.com IdaKay, It sounds as if the first 6024 are numbers, and the remainder are text. To convert them all to numbers, Select a blank cell, Copy. Select the entire column, Edit - Paste...

Installer for my access application

Exchange 2003 #29
I thought installing Exchange Server 2003 would be easy, simple install, I get some many error messages and so on, does everyone else have trouble with it? If you need help post some of your issues and others maybe able to help you. "Harry" wrote: > I thought installing Exchange Server 2003 would be easy, simple install, I > get some many error messages and so on, does everyone else have trouble with > it? > > > > ...

Mailboxs Store on Exch 2000 gateways
I go to the Mailbox Store on my gateway servers and I see: SMTP (Myserver-Guid) System Attendant SystemMailbox{Guid} I already dismounted the public folders from those servers because I don't need PF there. Do I necessarily need Mailbox Store mounted on those gateway servers ? All they are doing is routing e-mail from internal company <-> Internet. What are the roles of the three Mailboxes that appear above ? ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Importing and Exporting Exchange GALs
Does anybody know the easiest way or if there is even a way to export a GAL from an Exchange 2000 server and import that GAL into an Exchange 2003 server? These servers are completely separate from one another. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ask the admin to do a ldifde export of the OU with the users. Modify this so it matches your domain structure - import with ldifde. Otherwise add each user to your contacts and then export to csv or ldif and then modify that and import with csvde or ldifde. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided &q...

Installing XP over Linux

Domain-HELP
My question is: I have a domain (MOM) and two child domains (KID1 and KID2). If I create a user on KID1 or KID2 and place the mailbox on MOM. The problem is: the mailbox will not shown in System's manager but I was able to send an email to that mailbox without the email coming back. ALSO, the user's name will not shown up in the GAL. Help me here.... BJ: Check your RUS settings. If you don't know what that is, then that's probably what's causing this issue, so read up on it. You need to have RUS set up for the subdomains since they don't have Exchange servers. ...

POP3 Clients with Exchange Mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2k3 environment. Now I have to add new users with mailboxes. These users cannot use standard connectivity. They will need to use pop3 accounts on my exchange server. Furthermore these users have user accounts in a child domain of the domain where the exchange sits. These users NEED to have mailboxes in exchange for logging purposes. The exchange server needs to pickup mail for these users externally and deliver it to the users mailbox. When sending it should do the same? Any pointers on how to setup this? Kind regards david In news:OzZqocf7GHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP05....