Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...

Background:
Windows AD Mixed moded.    Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft
cluster.  1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node.
Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs
(<---cluster) no service packs on either.  Exchange has SP1 installed on both
nodes and the FE.  There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment
although they are not being used.

The Issue:
.....the information stores and public folders all show that they are
dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without
any issues.  I just know this is a major problem ready to happen.

The are no tell-tell errors within Event viewer; however when we click on
queues the following error message is displayed:

Exchange System Manager;
Facility: Win32
ID no: 80070005
Exchange System Manager

.....Just heard from a tech at the company who tried to mount the information
stores...She recevied the following error:

Primary Storage Group:

The Store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was
not replicated yet.  You can either:

- press Cancel and mount the store later from its context menu or,
- press Retry to let the Exchange System Manager Keep trying to mount the
store for your.

....Has anybody see this before?

-zoo
0
Zookeepa (1)

"Zookeepa" <Zookeepa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>The are no tell-tell errors within Event viewer; however when we click on
>queues the following error message is displayed:
>
>Exchange System Manager;
>Facility: Win32
>ID no: 80070005
>Exchange System Manager

That's an "access denied" error. Access to exactly _what_ I don't
know. Have you checked the Event Logs?

Since this is a cluster, I'm not going to hazard any guesses because I
have insufficient knowledge and experience with clusters.

>....Just heard from a tech at the company who tried to mount the information
>stores...She recevied the following error:
>
>Primary Storage Group:
>
>The Store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was
>not replicated yet.  You can either:
>
>- press Cancel and mount the store later from its context menu or,
>- press Retry to let the Exchange System Manager Keep trying to mount the
>store for your.
>
>...Has anybody see this before?

I'd bet it's the same problem.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Print Preview only shows in Grey Scale
Hi There, I just got finished creating my letter head in MS Publisher 2003 and when I went to preview it using Print Preview it only shows in Grey Scale. How do I view it in color? Thanks! Does it print in color? Do your other publications show color in print preview? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6dd401c42f4f$73c41a50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi There, > > I just got finished creating my letter hea...

Outlook 2003 Storing Sent Items with IMAP
Hi, I've recently started using Outlook 2003, (upgrading from Outllook Express). I have several IMAP accounts and with Outllook Express whenever I sent an email from one account, it automatically stored it in the IMAP folder Sent Items of the account I sent it from. How can you do this in Outllook 2003?? It seems to store everything in Sent Items which means I can't read the mail I've sent from other locations. Regards. "Dougie Mac" <dougiemac> wrote: >Hi, > >I've recently started using Outlook 2003, (upgrading from Outllook Express). >...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Querying MS Access from C# on stored file paths
Hi folks, I'm storing some particulars about file usage in my MS Access database, incl. the full paths of those files. I tried to query the database in my C# code. My idea was to retrieve from the database by means of SQL when a file was used the last time, but I only know the directory it is in, so in my code I tried to construct a WHERE clause as follows: String whereClause = "WHERE Filename LIKE '" + dirpath + "*'"; Of course I'm working on Windows and I don't want to think of portability now. Obviously, the variable dirpath contains double...

How do i show conditionality in a UML Sequence Diagram ?
Can someone give me an UML Sequence example (diagram or directions) that uses conditionality. That is display a logic that says: if a > b send a message1 from Object1 to Object2 else send anothermessage2 from Object1 to Object3. 10x in advance Eyal Kobrigo "Eyal Kobrigo" <Eyal Kobrigo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AFC9BDD-5CBC-4AE9-8E6B-1E4007BE0812@microsoft.com... > Can someone give me an UML Sequence example (diagram or directions) that > uses > conditionality. That is display a logic that says: if a > b send a > message1 > fro...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

Outlook still running in background
When I closeout outlook then try and shut the computer down it tells me it is having trouble shutting outlook down and it gives me a choice to "end now" but that doesn't even help. The only thing that I can do is shut the computer off. Or I go into processes and it shows outlook still running in the back ground then I end the task that way in order to shut the computer down. This only started a few weeks a go and they only thing that I do is instal any windows updates or virus updates. I have tried reinstalling office and xp with out any sucess. Any suggestions? ...

copy an e-mail
I sent an e-mail to my e-mail office address with the intention of forwarding it tomorrow morning, I then realized I forgot to edit a very important part of it. Is there a way I can edit an e-mail that was sent to me by myself from another locale then forward to others in my office ...

Excel 2003 / Send To / Mail Recipient / body text is removed
When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email as an Attachment. If they type any text into the body of the email it is replaced with <<...>> How can I change this ? If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in one of the .Outlook newsgroups. jmaynard2 wrote: > > When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail > Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email > as an Attachment. > > If they typ...

New shared mailbox not inheriting permissions from the parent store in Exchange System Manager
We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at all - either from its AD parent or from its par...

how do i forward an e-mail?
I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep getting. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=hivalley:HVSBS1 What rights do they have in the public folder? "Gloria" wrote: > I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, > but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep > getting. >...

A line showes up in print that is not on the screen in publisher.
I can't find it to remove it on screen, seems like a text box line. How do I deleate it? What version Publisher are you using? The line could be behind something else on your page. You could be experiencing printer driver problems. Look into an upgraded driver. Select all on your page, do you see the line segment? If you cannot see the line to delete it, open another instance of Publisher and copy/paste each of your objects into the new publication. Some corruption may be going on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micros...

Mail Relaying denied error message, how can it be fixed???
I setup outlook express smtp to use incoming: mail.tpg.com.au and outgoing: mail.tpg.com.au I can successfully receive emails and read newsgroup but I can't send out emails because it keep on return the below error message, how can it be fixed so that I can send emails? Thanks... The error message when sending is::: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'huy9876@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Re: Again', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: &...

What's the name of the file that stores AutoComplete addresses
My Outlook had to be re-installed and I lost my contact list which is very large. I see several files in the recycle bin. Is one of them by contacts? Autocomplete cache is an NK2 file, named for your profile, often outlook.nk2. Paste the following line in the address bar of windows explorer; %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and it will open to the folder where its stored. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subsc...

Mail not being received....
I have been using outlook for years with no problems. Sometime after upgraded to 2003 my problem began. I receive mail without a proble and i thought I was sending it ok as well as I received no erro messages, but.... I was notified by a recipient that they did no receive my mail. I have since done many tests and found that none o my mail is being received, although it seems to be sent and i get n errors. I can use webmail and it gets received without a problem. have uninstalled 2003 and reinstalled xp and the problem remians. have deleted all acounts and reinstalled - problem persi...

How can I know the folders of searched out mails?
Hello, If I search for mails - particularly those already in Archive folders, I get a list of such mails and can of cours open them etc., but I do not see any way to establish in which folder they are actually stored. Harry120 You'll need to use google or windows desktop search (or other search tool) - outlook won't give you folder paths. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

outlook contacts & mail merge subject
Hi, 2 Questions: - After performing a mail merge an activity is added to the recipients included in the mail merge, the subject is set to "Microsoft Mail Merge...". Can you alter this subject for each mail merge, so you can specify more detailed information in the subject line. Altering the subject for each contact/lead/account individually is too much work. - If you create a crm contact from outlook, a contact record is created both in outlook and in crm. But when migrating contacts from another db with the cdf tables this will only create contacts in crm. I want to create ...

Formula bar not showing up again
I am still not able to display the formula bar. Is my only hope to reinstall Excel? When I first ran Excel from a cold start, O was able to get a workbook with now problem. The Standard tool bar showed up on screen. The View menu item Formula Bar is present. Clicking on it has no apparent effect on the display, but I can toggle the check mark next to Formula Bar in the View menu. The checked status is remembered in Excel preferences. Can anyone suggest what to do next? Bill -- Most people go to college to get their missing high school education. Not sure if this will help: http:...

E-mail "Send To" name list
All the names in the pop-up "Send To" address list are alpha by FIRST names, which is dumb, annoying and time consuming. How do I switch the list to alpha by LAST name and make that default??? ...

Mail Merge Word 2007
I've created a mail merged document from an Access 2007 database. I've inserted a field from the database that I want to have as bold. In every other part of the document that happens (it bold's) except in one place in the middle of a paragraph. Any idea? Why would the bold format take in every other part of the document for that field but not in the middle of a particular paragraph? The field properties are identical throughout the word file were that field has been inserted. Any help is greatly appreciated! (8^>)-]=[ Sorry I got my answer \*Charform...

Pivot Table Shows Only Zeros
My pivot table displays zeros instead of numbers. I have tried re-formatting the numbers to "General" and "Number" and "Text". I have tried changing "Count" to "Sum". I can see the correct numbers in the spreadsheet but not in the pivot table. Please advise. DOUG ECKERT Changing the format of a cell doesn't change the value. If your data is in A2:A99, then try this in two empty cells: =counta(a2:a99) and =count(a2:a99) =counta() will count the number of cells that have something in them. =count() will count the nu...

Windows Live Mail Error
For the last two days I have been trying to send some emails, but I'm getting and error message: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC68 That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here.=20 We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Teresita" <Teresita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:3123D0B2-59CE-4F44-BFA6-25883FB7F6BC@microsoft.com... ...

How to show debug messages from MFC application on command line?
Hi all, I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). I tried to call cout << "some text" << endl; but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. >I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). Bob, For the latter, use OutputDebugString. Dave >>I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >>commandline (or better in t...

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...