Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...

Background:
Windows AD Mixed moded.    Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft
cluster.  1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node.
Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs
(<---cluster) no service packs on either.  Exchange has SP1 installed on both
nodes and the FE.  There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment
although they are not being used.

The Issue:
.....the information stores and public folders all show that they are
dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without
any issues.  I just know this is a major problem ready to happen.

The are no tell-tell errors within Event viewer; however when we click on
queues the following error message is displayed:

Exchange System Manager;
Facility: Win32
ID no: 80070005
Exchange System Manager

.....Just heard from a tech at the company who tried to mount the information
stores...She recevied the following error:

Primary Storage Group:

The Store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was
not replicated yet.  You can either:

- press Cancel and mount the store later from its context menu or,
- press Retry to let the Exchange System Manager Keep trying to mount the
store for your.

....Has anybody see this before?

-zoo
0
Zookeepa (1)

"Zookeepa" <Zookeepa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>The are no tell-tell errors within Event viewer; however when we click on
>queues the following error message is displayed:
>
>Exchange System Manager;
>Facility: Win32
>ID no: 80070005
>Exchange System Manager

That's an "access denied" error. Access to exactly _what_ I don't
know. Have you checked the Event Logs?

Since this is a cluster, I'm not going to hazard any guesses because I
have insufficient knowledge and experience with clusters.

>....Just heard from a tech at the company who tried to mount the information
>stores...She recevied the following error:
>
>Primary Storage Group:
>
>The Store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was
>not replicated yet.  You can either:
>
>- press Cancel and mount the store later from its context menu or,
>- press Retry to let the Exchange System Manager Keep trying to mount the
>store for your.
>
>...Has anybody see this before?

I'd bet it's the same problem.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Hyperlink on in-coming mail not working
We are unable to open any links that appear on any mail that offers this option. Instead we have to copy the shortcut and then paste it on the internet. Would appreciate it if somebody could tell me what to do. Thank you, Have you had any luck resolving this? I am having the same problem and have had no luck in tracking down an answer. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >We are unable to open any links that appear on any mail >that offers this option. Instead we have to copy the >shortcut and then paste it on the internet. > >Would appreciate it if somebody cou...

Show dialog but not on task bar?
How would I go about showing a dialog window but not displaying it on the task-bar? (This is a splash-screen.) Any help appreciated, .... Steve. Hi Steve, I suppose you've got a main-window and want to show a splash-screen on startup. I would solve it following way: The dialog-object (here I call it m_myDialog) is a member of your main-window-class. In the OnCreate-function of your main-window open the dialog with "m_myDialog.DoModal()".When you call m_myDialog.Create set the parent-window parameter to your main-window, even your main-window isn't shown: m_myDialog.Crea...

Paid Invoices information
which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the amount paid , payment type and check#? In payables, PM30200 is the paid invoices. PM30300 contains the apply to information. You'll need both tables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bab" wrote: > which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the > amount paid , payment type and check#? The table PM30200 contains both invoices and payment records. As Charles noted, the table PM30300 contains apply to information, how much of a payment was applied to an invoice. One recor...

FREE INFORMATION
hI, I have a close freind who bought a e-book from a site, he told me it was www.howididit.tk he says he now makes between =A36000-=A37000 a month, it can't be that bad he has bought a new car and is always throwing his money around he says it can be done from anywhere in the world thought i would give it a go........ let me know what you think marie ...

Retrieving Account Information By Id

E-Mail Forwarding
I have posted this in the AD group but thought I would post it here incase somebody here has seen the problem. I have two domains in two seperate forests. I have a trust setup between them. I am in the process of doing a migration from the first domain (abc.com) to the second domain (xyz.com). During the migration my e-mail will still be going to the old mail server (Ex2000). Once I migrate a user to the new domain and new e-mail server (ex2003) I need to forward any e-mail that is going to the old e-mail server to the same user on the new domain. In ADUG I setup the forward but wh...

Information store stops unexpectedly
I have Windows NT 4.0 SP6 it is PDC and Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and ScanMail V 3.51. Two or three times per week information store stops with out reason In the Event Wiever I can see only these messages. How can I find what are reason for stoping information store. Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type: Error Category: Monitoring Description: Unexpected error «0xc0040000 – Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no:80040115-0514-000006bf» occurred Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type...

Store.exe process faulting
Recently the store.exe has been faulting with this error.. Source:Application Error Event ID: 1000 Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7638.2, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.1830, fault address 0x00026f76. I've seen posts that range from a malformed message to database corruption. The nightly online defragmentations run w/o any errors. Also I've exported out all the mailboxes via ExMerge successfully w/o ANY errors (My understanding is if there is a corrupt message, exporting will reveal it). I've combed the W3SVC1 logs (as we have some Entourage/ActiveSync/...

System information using MFC and WMI???
Hi all I have to extract some system information using MFC and WMI. I have extracted some information like Add/Remove Programs, Network, username, computer name, Processor Information, hard disks attached. But for some information i have to use WMI. How i can use the WMI for getting information about system hardware. Please help me by giving sample examples. Thanks and Regards ...

show codes in body
How can I remove the hard linefeed-sign showing in the body of an email. In Word you have a special key for activating linefeeds and spaces like the opposite P thanks reidarT ReidarT wrote: > How can I remove the hard linefeed-sign showing in the body of an > email. In Word you have a special key for activating linefeeds and > spaces like the opposite P > thanks > reidarT Sounds like you are using Word - as your email editor. Click the paragraph-mark button on your toolbar, or go to tools | options and uncheck the "display formatting marks" option. ...

Change information
Hi! How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change that but i dont know how. // Jarno ...

Animated stationery for Outlook Express e-mail
Can anyone tell me where to find free animated stationery (backgrounds with graphics) for use with Outlook Express e-mail. I came across some for Halloween on the Microsoft website, but I can't seem to find any others to download, from Microsoft or other sources. Thank you! "Jade P." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:065a01c39e75$2565b2d0$a101280a@phx.gbl: > Can anyone tell me where to find free animated stationery > (backgrounds with graphics) for use with Outlook Express > e-mail. I came across some for Halloween on the > Microso...

Pull contact information from email message body
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to go for this question , but i would realy appreciate any help. Is there a way or a program out there that can pull contact info from inside the message body of an email. for instance we have a lot of emails ( a lot) that have soandso@person.com want to join list inside the message itself and we were wondering if there was a plug in tht can sift through the emails and pull each email address that it finds into a list or or contact list of some sort. so we can import it into another program. even if we could just get it into csv that would be fine, we...

To print the selected information from the form along with other information
Hello, I have a form called "New Proposal".I enter the data in the form and hit the submit button to enter it into the table for new proposal.Now I want to print out a letter with some of the fields information entered on the form along with some fixed data that should be there on it always. the letter goes like this To Dept Of Research and Graduate Education,---------fixed College of Pharmacy------------------------------------------fixed Date Recd-----------------------------------from the present data entered in form ( as u know changes from one entry to other PAF#-------------...

problem sending a mail
I am facing a bit strange problem we are running ms exhange 5.5 for mailing purpose on winnt server and we have isdn connection for connectivity. From a couple of dayS we were not able to send mail to rediffmail.com users only from any of the systems . but we are able to recv mails from rediffmail.com site. this prob is particullary with rediffmail.com site pls do reply to my id avd_hawk@hotmail.com Can you manually connect to rediffmail.com via telnet on 25 and send a message? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "...

show three files #2
I open one file, but in window menu show three files, and i close all files one by one. what is the reason.? -- khurram76 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ khurram76's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31795 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515209 ...

Add information from Invoice Module to RM Smartlist
Currently there is no Smartlist for Invoicing Module transactions, so customers must use the RM Transaction smartlist to capture information on these documents. It would be helpful if users could add columns from the invoicing module to this view. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

Moving the Mailbox Store in Exchange 2003
I have used the Exchange System manager to move the log files and the streaming database file (priv1.esm) to a new, larger drive but when I tell the system to move priv1.edb the sytem copies the file, says it is at 100% and then just spins, never finishing the database entry and re-mounting the store. I look and find the file now in 2 places and the System Manager still has the entry referencing the original location. I can then re-mount the store at its original location and things run fine. Is there a way to dismount the store, copy it to the new location and then manually chang...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Cannot e-mail an Access report using Excel
When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out. It worked with 2003 but not with 2007. I searched everywhere for an answer but no solution. Does anyone know how to make this work? You are very much in the wrong newsgroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30B14FA1-EAAD-4032-9C21-50DB7E2CAB13@microsoft.com... > When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out. > It worked with...

Cannot import send/receive dates for emails stored in Access (.mdb) file
I have some mdb (Access format) database files with thousands of emails extracted from couple of Yahoo groups forums. I'd like to import these into my Outlook 2003 PST so that I can search and read them offline. The mdb files contain all the fields necessary for a proper email import, including from_name from_email subject receive_date receive_time message (HTML format) When I use the Outlook "Import and Export Wizard", selecting Access file type, etc., all appears fine. However, after the import completes, in Outlook there is no date information populated under either sent ...

Server Information
When you go to set up your outlook what do you put for the server information it asks? it says something about POP3 an SMTP?? what are those???? The are servers that are responsible for holding the e-mail of many users (pop3) and routing from one company to another (smtp). What you put in each is what your internet service provider has provided to you when you signed up to access the internet. "LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF" <LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A07EF971-BD92-4EBD-8D3C-538B3277E459@microsoft.com... > When you go to set up your outlook w...

Mail Merge to business cards
I am working on a huge project for work, creating Employee Photo ID cards. I have created a database for all the information including a hyperlink column for the photos. and am using business cards to print them on. I have two frustrating problems... 1. The pictures aren't loading into the cards. 2. I continue to get the error message "Publisher cannont merge with this number of pages" even though I have followed the instructions for the workaround. Any suggestions? Thanks Rita ...

window information
Hi, Is there any free utility available on net which can show the the window name and window class name if the mouse cursor is put on a perticular window. Thanks, Cric. Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you the details you are looking for. ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Ajay Man thanks your tip was very helpful. Thanks Cric Ajay Kalra wrote: > Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you > the details you are looking for. > > ------ > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

"Native" e-mail from access
Hi All, Is there code out there that I can copy that makes a native e-mail window open for users to send e-mails? What I want is for an outlook (or whatever) e-mail window to open like it does when you click a hyperlink. Just to clarify, I've made the SendObject call work for behind the scenes sending, and am looking at the redemption library to get around the Outlook security popup. What I want is an actual Outlook window (or a window from whatever the default e-mail program is on the machine) to open so the user can create a message from scratch. I appreciate an...