Information Store and MTA fail to start after reboot

When I reboot our Exchange 2003 SP2 server the Information Store and MTA
fails to start.  I am able to start both of them manually (they are both set
to start automatically).  The server has GFI mail essentials, Microsoft Live
Communication Server and Computer Associates eTrust Anti-virus installed on
it.  The problem had not occurred until recently (probably after an install
of some Microsoft patches).  I have listed all of the error messages we are
getting below after a reboot.

I have searched the Microsoft forums and googled the problem but have been
unable to find a solution (I found a few similar issues but they did not lead
to a solution).  Is anyone able to help?

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category:	Topology
Event ID:	2103
Date:		14/12/2006
Time:		10:24:17 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	AWEXEX
Process MAD.EXE (PID=3640). All Global Catalog Servers in use are not
responding:
AWEXEX.awex.com.au

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeFBPublish
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	8197
Date:		14/12/2006
Time:		10:26:16 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	AWEXEX
Error initializing session for virtual machine AWEXEX. The error number is
0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	1121
Date:		14/12/2006
Time:		10:27:27 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	AWEXEX
Error 0x80004005 connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	5000
Date:		14/12/2006
Time:		10:27:27 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	AWEXEX
Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.   -
Error 0x80004005.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Service Control Manager
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	7024
Date:		14/12/2006
Time:		10:27:27 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	AWEXEX
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with
service-specific error 0 (0x0).

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeMTA
Event Category:	Configuration
Event ID:	125
Date:		14/12/2006
Time:		10:27:29 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	AWEXEX
A fatal error occurred reading a value from the directory. No MTA name was
found. Contact Microsoft Technical Support. [MTA MAIN BASE 1 12] (16)

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	MSExchangeMTA
Event Category:	Resource
Event ID:	9406
Date:		14/12/2006
Time:		10:27:29 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	AWEXEX
There is not enough Performance Monitor memory to display the MTA
Connections information.  Stop attached Performance Monitors and re-start the
MTA. [BASE MAIN BASE 1] (14)

I have found the problem, when the Exchange services were starting up the
local Global Catalog server was unavailable and the exchange services were
unable to start.  I added another Global Catalog server to the domain and it
solved the problem.

"Nigel Stewart" wrote:

> [...]
> Event Category:	Configuration
> Event ID:	125
> Date:		14/12/2006
> Time:		10:27:29 PM
> User:		N/A
> Computer:	AWEXEX
> A fatal error occurred reading a value from the directory. No MTA name was
> found. Contact Microsoft Technical Support. [MTA MAIN BASE 1 12] (16)
>
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>

> Event Type:	Warning
> Event Source:	MSExchangeMTA
> Event Category:	Resource
> Event ID:	9406
> Date:		14/12/2006
> Time:		10:27:29 PM
> User:		N/A
> Computer:	AWEXEX
> There is not enough Performance Monitor memory to display the MTA
> Connections information.  Stop attached Performance Monitors and re-start the

Retrieving Account Information By Id

Information store stops unexpectedly
I have Windows NT 4.0 SP6 it is PDC and Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and ScanMail V 3.51. Two or three times per week information store stops with out reason In the Event Wiever I can see only these messages. How can I find what are reason for stoping information store. Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type: Error Category: Monitoring Description: Unexpected error «0xc0040000 – Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no:80040115-0514-000006bf» occurred Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type...

FREE INFORMATION
hI, I have a close freind who bought a e-book from a site, he told me it was www.howididit.tk he says he now makes between =A36000-=A37000 a month, it can't be that bad he has bought a new car and is always throwing his money around he says it can be done from anywhere in the world thought i would give it a go........ let me know what you think marie ...

Paid Invoices information
which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the amount paid , payment type and check#? In payables, PM30200 is the paid invoices. PM30300 contains the apply to information. You'll need both tables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bab" wrote: > which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the > amount paid , payment type and check#? The table PM30200 contains both invoices and payment records. As Charles noted, the table PM30300 contains apply to information, how much of a payment was applied to an invoice. One recor...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...

Store.exe process faulting
Recently the store.exe has been faulting with this error.. Source:Application Error Event ID: 1000 Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7638.2, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.1830, fault address 0x00026f76. I've seen posts that range from a malformed message to database corruption. The nightly online defragmentations run w/o any errors. Also I've exported out all the mailboxes via ExMerge successfully w/o ANY errors (My understanding is if there is a corrupt message, exporting will reveal it). I've combed the W3SVC1 logs (as we have some Entourage/ActiveSync/...

System information using MFC and WMI???
Hi all I have to extract some system information using MFC and WMI. I have extracted some information like Add/Remove Programs, Network, username, computer name, Processor Information, hard disks attached. But for some information i have to use WMI. How i can use the WMI for getting information about system hardware. Please help me by giving sample examples. Thanks and Regards ...

Pull contact information from email message body
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to go for this question , but i would realy appreciate any help. Is there a way or a program out there that can pull contact info from inside the message body of an email. for instance we have a lot of emails ( a lot) that have soandso@person.com want to join list inside the message itself and we were wondering if there was a plug in tht can sift through the emails and pull each email address that it finds into a list or or contact list of some sort. so we can import it into another program. even if we could just get it into csv that would be fine, we...

Change information
Hi! How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change that but i dont know how. // Jarno ...

To print the selected information from the form along with other information
Hello, I have a form called "New Proposal".I enter the data in the form and hit the submit button to enter it into the table for new proposal.Now I want to print out a letter with some of the fields information entered on the form along with some fixed data that should be there on it always. the letter goes like this To Dept Of Research and Graduate Education,---------fixed College of Pharmacy------------------------------------------fixed Date Recd-----------------------------------from the present data entered in form ( as u know changes from one entry to other PAF#-------------...

Add information from Invoice Module to RM Smartlist
Currently there is no Smartlist for Invoicing Module transactions, so customers must use the RM Transaction smartlist to capture information on these documents. It would be helpful if users could add columns from the invoicing module to this view. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

Operation Failed #11
Outlook 2002, XPPro Hello All, I turned my computer on recently and found that Outlook wouldn't open saying that the *.pst file was corrupt. I used the Inbox repair and Outlook opened but when I tried to send/receive I got a warning box saying 'Operation Failed'. I checked the email accounts and both work fine, I tried the Oulook repair tool on the Help menu with no success and I tried a repair of Office from the original CD with no success and I tried an earlier restore point which acheived nothing much, I've checked the mail on the ISP servers and it's all there waiting...

Moving the Mailbox Store in Exchange 2003
I have used the Exchange System manager to move the log files and the streaming database file (priv1.esm) to a new, larger drive but when I tell the system to move priv1.edb the sytem copies the file, says it is at 100% and then just spins, never finishing the database entry and re-mounting the store. I look and find the file now in 2 places and the System Manager still has the entry referencing the original location. I can then re-mount the store at its original location and things run fine. Is there a way to dismount the store, copy it to the new location and then manually chang...

Server Information
When you go to set up your outlook what do you put for the server information it asks? it says something about POP3 an SMTP?? what are those???? The are servers that are responsible for holding the e-mail of many users (pop3) and routing from one company to another (smtp). What you put in each is what your internet service provider has provided to you when you signed up to access the internet. "LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF" <LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A07EF971-BD92-4EBD-8D3C-538B3277E459@microsoft.com... > When you go to set up your outlook w...

Cannot import send/receive dates for emails stored in Access (.mdb) file
I have some mdb (Access format) database files with thousands of emails extracted from couple of Yahoo groups forums. I'd like to import these into my Outlook 2003 PST so that I can search and read them offline. The mdb files contain all the fields necessary for a proper email import, including from_name from_email subject receive_date receive_time message (HTML format) When I use the Outlook "Import and Export Wizard", selecting Access file type, etc., all appears fine. However, after the import completes, in Outlook there is no date information populated under either sent ...

window information
Hi, Is there any free utility available on net which can show the the window name and window class name if the mouse cursor is put on a perticular window. Thanks, Cric. Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you the details you are looking for. ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Ajay Man thanks your tip was very helpful. Thanks Cric Ajay Kalra wrote: > Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you > the details you are looking for. > > ------ > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Converting a column of information into a row of information
I was curious if anyone knew of a way to convert a column into a row Essentially we receive a spreadsheet a few times a month that has a fe columns of information. Our database however can only accept cs uploads and they have to follow a very strict template. In order t properly upload the data that we are receiving I would need to turn columns into rows (or optimally into a single cell with each piece o data from that column separated by a comma). Our template works as follows. We have rows for contact name, address phone number, ect... At the end of the spreadsheet there are 3 column in w...

Exporting to Quickbooks
After a week of trying different settings and tweaking the GL account table to get things to post, we finally got all our batches posted to Quickbooks. What we are missing however is the PO information. I thought the PO's would show up as Bills in quickbooks. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks. Matt, You need to create a different account for accounts payable. The default is 2100, just use 2101 or whatever. To post in the original 2100 QB's requires too much info that RMS doesn't pass through, so you will keep getting errors. Exact directions on ho...

Outlook does not automatically send/receive when started
My Outlook 2000 does not automatically send and receive emails when the program is started. I have checked the box called "send messages immediately when connected". Does anyone know what I can do? Gordon. You can post your mail account type, connection type, and automatic polling settings so someone can answer you. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gordon Johns" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1652801c447c1$1c4d1350$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Outlook 2000 does not automatically send and receive > emails when the program is started...

Faulting application store.exe.
Dear MVPs. Currently we have an Exchange server 2003 Enterprise Edition. Running on Windows server 2003 R2 Standard Edition. This was a brand new server using HP DL 380 G4. and was updates using windows update. we also install McAfee 8.7i Enterprise Edition using EPo. This server was intentionaly prepared for replacing the old one that was an Exchange server 2003 Enterprise Edition and running on Windows server 2003 Enterprise Edition on a HP DL 380 G2 After the instalation we began moving mailboxes from the old server to the new one. after some mailbox moved the error b...

Gradebook template-- How to print one student information
Prints 5 pages when have only small amount of information np2 Wrote: > Prints 5 pages when have only small amount of information Hi Np2 Try File > Page Setup > Page Tab >Click fit to 1 page wide by 1 page long Or File > Page Setup > Sheet Tab and set Print Are -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46764 ...

E-mail messages are missing information when you reply to or forward them in Outlook
I have Exchange 2003 and my staff r using outlook 2003. Sometimes when a staff reply or forward an e-mail the contents of the original e-mail disappear from the body of the e-mail. It only shows the header of the original e-mail. This does not happen all the time and it does not happen to all staff members. Do you think this is a client or server issue? Any idea? Please advice, Thanks, I think it's a client issue. Exchange doesn't mess with message content in general. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral proble...

information store will not mount
from server properties, directory access tab I changed the "configuration domain controller" server by removing the check for automatically discover servers. I have seven domain controllers two at the main site and five at remote locations. The two at the main site hold all fsmo's. The "configuration domain controller" was set (automatically) to serverA at my main site. I changed it to serverB at my main site and was then able to mount the store. When I changed the setting back to automatically discover servers the setting (automatically) set itself back to serve...

Store.exe unstable
Hi, I posted a message here about a week ago concerning our 5.5 server and the fact that the store.exe process crashes repeatedly and often. I received a great response with several ideas to try out. Unfortunately none of those ideas have helped to fix our problem. Please allow me to summarize... Exchange 5.5 SP4 NT 4.0 SP6a (with all hotfixes) The database is only about 4GB and there is no anti-virus software on this server. (one of the suggestions was that AV may cause a memory leak) Several hours after a restart store.exe is using 750MB of memory. That is over 3/4 the total ...

Junk mail fails with custom rules!
This is something's that seems trivial yet I think is a serious problem. I have created several custom rules (to move messages to different folders, depending on which account they came from) and guess what, when these rules are turned on, I get SPAM! the junk mail filter does not work. It seems like the custom made user rules have precedence over the junk mail filter! and I have no Idea on how to change this....anyone have any ideas? Saul. Saul Simhon wrote: > This is something's that seems trivial yet I think is a serious problem. > I have created several custom rules (to...