Incorrect Time Stamps

Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events 
sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts?
-- 
Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech
UCNSB.org
0
4/20/2005 1:14:03 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
637 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

The time stamp can also be handled by the client.  Which exact time field is 
being stamped wrong?  Have you verified that the client has the correct time 
(i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)?

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne


"Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com...
> Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events
> sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts?
> -- 
> Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech
> UCNSB.org 


0
Ben
4/20/2005 1:23:57 PM
All of the Client PC's get their time from the server, which at last check 
was correct.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> The time stamp can also be handled by the client.  Which exact time field is 
> being stamped wrong?  Have you verified that the client has the correct time 
> (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)?
> 
> -- 
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> 
> 
> "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com...
> > Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events
> > sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts?
> > -- 
> > Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech
> > UCNSB.org 
> 
> 
> 
0
4/20/2005 1:31:06 PM
They may get their time from the server (ntp server), but that time update 
does "not" control the daylight savings settings.  Please check the daylight 
savings setting on the client and verify that it is also correct.  You 
wouldn't believe how many timestamp problems are actually caused by this one 
option.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne


"Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:66B7D0D4-5DE5-4E1E-ACF6-A6E75DB7B5DD@microsoft.com...
> All of the Client PC's get their time from the server, which at last check
> was correct.
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The time stamp can also be handled by the client.  Which exact time field 
>> is
>> being stamped wrong?  Have you verified that the client has the correct 
>> time
>> (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)?
>>
>> -- 
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>>
>>
>> "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com...
>> > Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events
>> > sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts?
>> > -- 
>> > Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech
>> > UCNSB.org
>>
>>
>> 


0
Ben
4/20/2005 1:41:55 PM
Would there ever be a setting or a place in Exchange System Manager to check 
settings on time information?

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> They may get their time from the server (ntp server), but that time update 
> does "not" control the daylight savings settings.  Please check the daylight 
> savings setting on the client and verify that it is also correct.  You 
> wouldn't believe how many timestamp problems are actually caused by this one 
> option.
> 
> -- 
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> 
> 
> "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:66B7D0D4-5DE5-4E1E-ACF6-A6E75DB7B5DD@microsoft.com...
> > All of the Client PC's get their time from the server, which at last check
> > was correct.
> >
> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> The time stamp can also be handled by the client.  Which exact time field 
> >> is
> >> being stamped wrong?  Have you verified that the client has the correct 
> >> time
> >> (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)?
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >>
> >>
> >> "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com...
> >> > Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events
> >> > sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts?
> >> > -- 
> >> > Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech
> >> > UCNSB.org
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
4/20/2005 2:13:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook users must authenticate every time they connect to exchang
Anyone know why it is doing this, and how I can fix it? It's driving me nuts, and causing me to be unable to install Blackberry Exchange Server. I've searched and searched and can find nothing- can anyone help? TJ: What version of Exchange and NT? I saw this happen with Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 AD. It was due to some overly restrictive domain controller policies. The obvious question, is, are the clients configured to always authenticate in the MAPI/Outlook profile? Also, is the BES server running on the same machine as Exchange. This is probably not relevan...

Find most recent record by date and time
I am trying to get a query to return the most recent record for each person in the table. Table fields include: UL_UnitID UL_Date UL_Time UL_STS I need the query to return the most recent record for each unit based on the date and the time. Using the 'max' option it will return the latest date or the latest time. I cannot use the 'last' option because some updates may not be done in correct order. I attempted to query the table first and create a combined DateTime field of: [UL_Date] & " " & [UL_Time]. That will still not correctly return the most ...

Incorrectly scaled graphics
I would be grateful if someone could suggest ideas or solution. A correctly sized JPEG (BMP or Tiff) imported into Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003 is printing out - scaled incorrectly. Mac Excel 2001 is fine. If I draw an object (ruled box) at 8cm x 8cm the object is dispro'd on print. I can't find any mention on Knowledgebase and have tried every conceivable option I can find in prefs. I sure this is a simple fix, but the blatantly obvious is not apparent to me! PS: I've excluded screen resolution and OS level problem for Win98 and Pro XP and have tried a office repair for Excel XP. If I...

investment type incorrect
I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a MUTUAL FUND. It was entered as a symbol and now I cannot remove the symbol from my list. Unfortunately, bonds do not track like a Mutual Fund. How can one delete an investment from their list. I also have many funds that I no longer have interest in, but can't get rid of them. Help In microsoft.public.money, Jack wrote: >I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It >entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a >MUTUAL FUND. It w...

using hyperlinks or macro buttons to time stamp
I am currently using this code to time stamp one cell, Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Range("A2:CL2"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Application.EnableEvents = False If IsEmpty(.Value) Then .Offset(0, 1).ClearContents Else With .Offset(0, 1) .NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy h:mm:ss" .Value = Now End With End If Application.EnableEvents = True End If End With End Sub Can I do this to two cells, using a hyperlink, as in: a1=start timer a2=end timer It is being used to track call center transact...

How to organize Inbox by time
e Recently my Inbox has changed I have only TODAY and after its go to LAST WEEK and after THREE WEEKS AGO My file from YESTERDAY and TWO WEEKS AGO are gone Please help to get them back EdgardM wrote: > e Recently my Inbox has changed > I have only TODAY and after its go to LAST WEEK and after THREE WEEKS AGO > My file from YESTERDAY and TWO WEEKS AGO are gone > Please help to get them back What version of Outlook are you using? Did you look in your Deleted Items folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.off...

Excel opens worksheet multiple times #2
Thanks I'll give it a try -- murrayfa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- murrayfar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27297 ...

Seems like time to dredge this one up
Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+ vs. M06 and HSA support in Money and the reuse of this reused music in a new commercial bring it back to mind. If you haven't seen it already, enjoy. If you have, well, enjoy anyway. How products like Money get to be products like Money: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeXAcwriid0. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%23bpPLt1HIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+ ...

Incorrect values on pivot chart???help!!!
I have a pivot chart with the names/technicians/codes...When I change to the month of July it only shows like three patients. I have approximately 200 entered in. It appears to work fine for all other months. It just will not work for this one. I have had alot of trouble with the grouping feature for the months to try to show what is happening per technician, per doctor, per month...Any suggestions? -- ultrasounds4u Does the pivot table source range include all the July rows of data? To check, right-click on a cell in the pivot table Click PivotTable Wizard Click the Back button to g...

How do i plot a chart for alphanumerical VS time
Hello.. I got a requirement to plot a chart for alphanumerical VS time as follows.. Wards Time a1 7.05 7.10 7.22 a2 7.02 7.12 7.45 a3 7.06 7.11 7.36 Thanks Sreeni What exactly are you trying to show? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Sreeni72" <Sreeni72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04375746-64A9-414A-A221-4DFF91A7B677@microsoft.com... > Hello.. > > I got a requirement to plot a chart for alphanumerical VS t...

Manufacturing and Time and attendance
What would be the greatest benefit of having a time and attendance system fully integrated with the manufacturing module? That would depend on what's important to you. Personally, I would consider being able to see how much labor was spent creating an item to be the greatest. Others may consider something else. "Robert" wrote: > What would be the greatest benefit of having a time and attendance system > fully integrated with the manufacturing module? ...

very fine timing in movie playing
Hi, I need to play a movie with very fine timing. I need to synchronize movie playing in 4 computers. So at certain times, I would need a delay of maybe 10 mSec in playing a computer. so all of them get synchronized. I also need to pause/play and I need delays less than 5 msec when it is going to continue playing. Is it possible with directx or ... ? I have no experience in directx. I just need to know if it is possible or no for now. thanks a lot, Behzad "bn" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:uQ51lIolFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I need to play a movie w...

The parameter is incorrect
An error "The parameter is incorrect" is encopuntered when drag and drop an Email from Outlook to Winodws explorer for uploading doc to sharepoint portal. Thx! DH Does it work if you restart outlook? (and keep working as long as you don't open one of the messages from explorer). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:...

Strange Outlook 2003 Message Times on Terminal Server
I have w2k3 terminal sever with Outlook 2003 clients to Exchange server 5.5. I was checking daylight saving time settings. I noticed when I view mesage in my inbox via Outlook 2003 from the rdp server (who's time is correct) the message properties have all the time an hour back.. When I look at the same message from local 2k box running Outlook 2000 they are correct. The rdp server time is correct, the exchange server time is correct, the inbound smtp server times are correct. Why would I see different times on the properties of the message, since these are exchagne mailboxes ?? ...

POS runs very slow at times
It randomly slows down in both POS and Manager for no apparent reason. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f664e37e-a73e-4a70-81e4-fcb66ed31204&dg=microsoft....

supportedRun time element in the xml config file
Hi! Assume I built an application using framework 1.1 and then install this application to another computer that both have framework 1.1 and framework 2.0 installed. In the config file it says <configuration> <startup> <supportedRunTime version = "v2.0.50727" /> </startup> </configuration>> I assume that framework 1.1 will be used because that was the framework that was used when the app was built and not using framework 2.0. I have looked in the documentation about this matter but this typical scenario isn't descri...

On Time Calculation
I have two columns, one is Sched Dely Date/Time (O5) and the other is Actual Dely Date/Time (N5). If my Sched Dely Date / Time is 04-Mar-10 05:00 PM and the Actual Dely Date / Time is 04-Mar-10 12:52 PM, the delivery would be on time. But if I use the IF function of O5>N5 it give me a TRUE answer when in fact it is FALSE. What would be the correct formula? Sorry, 5:00 pm is *after* 12:52 pm. 12:52 pm is just after noon, whereas 5:00 pm is five hours after it. Excel is correct. A True answer means the delivery was on time (or, more correctly, not late) Regards, Fred ...

handling elapsed time data
I am trying to import and run calculations on data dealing with total time logged into a phone system for a group of users. the data is in the following format: User Date Total Time user1 1/1/10 7:45:32 user1 1/2/10 6:31:45 user2 1/1/10 8:05:45 I have found many suggestions for how to calculate elapesd time, but cannot seem to find how to store/format data already in this format. I am needing to store the data this way in the table so I can run totals for users/date ranges. Any suggestions? "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Action Promised field shows incorrect details
In Collection Management we created 2 action ID's 'Send Letter' and 'interest'. Then ran a query to select customers that need to be send a first reminder (trx > sales > build query). Then we want to print these reminders for the selection of customers created (trx > sales > query letters). As we use the first reminder here, the action SEND letter is taken. Then we want to print (here for the same query, normally you would first create another query) a reminder for interest to be paid (after X days due), and we print the letters. Here the letter is Inter...

Incorrect time on IMAP in box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the TIME displayed on incoming messages shows 09:56:***PST. Can anyone explain or offer a suggestion as to how to correct this issue. Is there a separate clock perhaps on the motherboard? Thanx for any help. On 12/12/09 6:48 PM, in article 59baee9a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "RareHero@officeformac.com" <RareHero@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the > TIME displayed ...

working with time functions
i am making a spreadsheet of hours people have worked in a week. People should work 37 hours, anything above that is credit, and below it debit. In my spreadsheet, the "hours worked" cell is displayed in 37:00 format (as is all other times in the worksheet) if someone works 37:30, that 30 minutes is displayed in the credit/debit cell fine, but if someone works less than 37:00 in the week nothing i do works to show the debit people are accrueing. So if someone works 35:00 i would like it to show that they are in 02:00 debit. Has anyone got any suggestions? Chris, I guess that...

Add time to a date time group
Hi, thanks for any help in advance I have my date and time displayed in this format dd hhmm "K" mmm yy which shows up as 03 1800 K Sep 08. I would like a formula that will add 30 min to this time group so it becomes 03 1830 K Sep 08 Assume your date/time is in A1, then you can do this in another cell: =3DA1+30/24/60 Format the cell in the same way as A1 (using the Format Painter icon). Times are stored in Excel as fractions of a 24-hour day, hence the divisions by 24 and 60. Hope this helps. Pete On Sep 4, 12:28=A0am, Patrick <Patr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

password incorrect
when trying to import/export a pst folder I am prompted for the password. I keep getting told the password is incorrect. I changed the p/word and this was accepted but again I get same message. When I cancel I get told that properties need to be defined. was working ok what you could try is right click on the pst file.. go to properties.. see if read only is uncheckd.. which it should be.... however unfortunately if this doesnt work.... that's it.. someone must have set a password for your pst file sometime earlier..!! "Adam" <adam@raw101.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message ne...

Daylight-Saving Time Change in March RE:CRM 1.2
Just wanted to know what the ramifications are to CRM 1.2 for the Daylight-Saving Time Change in March. There is a Hot Fix for 3.0 though I have not seen anything specific for 1.2. Thanks in advance. -- Patrick This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_261F_01C7476D.4006E6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable 1.2 ... as I understand it,is not being updated anymore. For good = reason.... you should upgrade to 3.0 anyways. --=20 LeVar Berry CEO eDriven Enterprises Inc 513.322.4889x101 ---Ask me ...

Times May Not Overlap.
Has anyone received the message Times May Not Overlap. when trying to add indirect labor for a tech in GP 10, Field Service? I checked the start and end times already inputted, none seem to conflict. Yes. If you have an entry for an employee from say 9 to 10 and then another from 10 to 11 they overlap. You need either 9:59 as an end time or 10:01 as the next start time -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Chris" wrote...