Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains

Hi,

I have a very strange problem in my AD.

It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root
domain and global catalog in the child domains.
Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical.
Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical.
However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the
child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's.
The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot
delete it.

Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted.  How the
inconsistency occurred is still a mystery.  Most important is to get it
deleted.  Any good idea?

Kind rgds
Peter

0
peter.topp (18)

I'd sugges you post this to Windows Admin to get a response. In the meantime
check replication.

Nue
"Peter Jensen" <peter.topp@mail.dk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a very strange problem in my AD.
>
> It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root
> domain and global catalog in the child domains.
> Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical.
> Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical.
> However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the
> child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's.
> The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we
> cannot delete it.
>
> Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted.  How the
> inconsistency occurred is still a mystery.  Most important is to get it
> deleted.  Any good idea?
>
> Kind rgds
> Peter

0
imaneophyte (3005)
4/16/2006 3:50:31 PM
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:00:05 +0200, "Peter Jensen"
<peter.topp@mail.dk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a very strange problem in my AD.
>
>It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root
>domain and global catalog in the child domains.
>Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical.
>Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical.
>However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the
>child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's.
>The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot
>delete it.
>
>Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted.  How the
>inconsistency occurred is still a mystery.  Most important is to get it
>deleted.  Any good idea?
>
>Kind rgds
>Peter

You may have a mangled object that is preventing replication.
Use repadmin and replmon to check your GCs.

ldifde might be useful here.

0
adavid (8731)

How to receive a message sent to a parent window from a child window?
I'm writing a COM DLL that uses a framework defined by a third party vendor. The tird party interface provides the Parent windo and my DLL resides in one it panes. It consists of a ownerdrawn tab control with many property pages. So the third party interface has various methods I use to interact with it. All that works fine. Also, I have a separate program (2nd exe) that I written that has one dialog window. During different points of its (the 2nd exe) processing it broadcasts a user defined registered message at the BSM_APPLICATIONS level. I can see the message being sent using Spy...

jet_err inconsistent
when running ISINTEG on my priv.edb (exchange 5.5) service pack 4, i get a jeterror jet_err database inconsistent tried running the eseutil but get the same results. any help would be appreciated. colin >-----Original Message----- >when running ISINTEG on my priv.edb (exchange 5.5) service >pack 4, i get a jeterror jet_err database inconsistent > >tried running the eseutil but get the same results. > >any help would be appreciated. > >colin >. > Firstly, you need to check why your IS stopped, are you running out of disk space. Secondly, you did not have...

Inherited roles in child business units
Hey there, whenever a role is created in MSCRM, the CRM system creates exact copies of that role in all subordinate business units all the way down in the hierarchy, and all users are always assigned the respective "inherited role" within their own business unit. As I perceive it, the copied roles are 100% redundant information (as you can only change the "root" role and all the copies change accordingly), and the sole purpose of this behavior is reducing/eliminating the need for recursion when retrieving the actual permissions effectively granted by a user's ro...

In a non document/view architecture support appication, child frame create fail result to crash
At first, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B201045 know how to "How to add multiple window types to a non-document view MDI application" or directly create a simple single/multi-document app without document/view architecture support with Appwizard. In some case, the calling of CChildFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) should be failed, return 0 rather than -1. I expect I cannot open a new view, but unfortunately, the app crashed on under line in MFC source winmdi.cpp(No. 372 line, marked with HERE): CMDIChildWnd* CMDIFrameWnd::Cr...

Moving user account between domains
I am planning on moving a user account from a child domain to a parent domain. I need to ensure that the user's Exchange mailbox is migrated as well. I have ADMT 3.0, but I would appreciate feedback on whether this is the best method to use. I am looking to keep downtime to a minimum. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. The ADMT will NOT move the mailbox. You will need to use ADUC or Exchange System Manager to do that. ADMT should move the Exchange specific attributes of the user account, though. -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com - E...

mail delivery,same domain, 2 different sbs-locations
i have this: mydomain.be have to sbs-servers, located on 2 different offices office 1 uses this mailaliasses: - alias1@mydomain.be - alias2@mydomain.be office 2 uses this mailaliasses: - alias3@mydomain.be - alias4@mydomain.be E-mail of both offices are stores in 2 separated mailboxes at an external ISP, one for office1 and one for office2. Each of the mailservers at both offices retreive their mail from their particular mailbox. at office 1, the LAN-domain is named: mydomain.be at office 2, the LAN-domain is named: office2.local At office 1, I have some problems with e-mail delivery. when...

Edit Master/Child Links
Hi All, When a subform is first setup I get the opportunity to edit the master/child relationship, but can never remember how to get back to that screen. Anyone know what I mean and can advise please. Regards. Bill. 1. Open the main form in design view. 2. Right-click the edge of the subform control, and choose Properties. 3. It's on the Data tab of the Properties box. The trick is that you need to get the properties of the subform *control*, not the properties of the form in the subform control. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users...

Inconsistent Transfers
I notice a very strange trend in my Money 2004 program. I have several account transfers setup automatically in my "Bills and Deposits" section. They are set up as transfers but when they actually get placed into my checking account register, they are entered in 1 of 3 ways. 1. As a transfer (what I expect). 2. As a withdrawl with the category/sub category showing a transfer to the account. 3. A deposit with a negative ($) dollar amount. I'm not doing anything differently. The program just seems to randomly choose methods to enter the same transaction each mon...

Global contacts list.
Is there a way to create a global contact list and have it open by default when a user opens outlook. We have Exchange Server 2003 Thanks Eric You can add custom contacts to the global address list but that will not display as contacts in the Outlook Contact folder. Not sure exactly what you are looking for? -- Jared Gradle Exchange Support Professional ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Eric" <eric.spe...

User not vissible in Global Address List.
Hi, We have a user that is not vissible in the Global Address List, but it is vissible in a Sub Address List. I checked the filter which is used for the global address list. When i test the filter i can find the user?? Can anybody help me find the problem. We use Exchane 2000 SP3, Win2K Server, Outlook 2000 Goldhorn ...

Global Find and Replace function
I would like to be able to perform a global find and replace function across my contacts folder, specifically in the email field. Any way this can be done short of exporting to a CSV and then reimporting back into Outlook? This may be of interest ContactGenie Toolkit - http://www.contactgenie.com/cgtoolkit.htm (one of the 24 + functions is global search & replace on any text field including domain related functions specific to email & web addresses) Karl ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - Imp...

GetDeviceCaps inconsistancy
'ello I am using Windows XP and Visual Studio 2003. When I call GetDeviceCaps(HORZSIZE) or GetDeviceCaps(VERTSIZE) it always seems to return the value of the default printer, not the printer selected in the Print Dialog. Thus when I print to a printer that is not the default printer, my Page Rect that I calculate is incorrect. Below is the code that this occurs in... Am I doing something wrong? Thanx Hein -------- CRect CPrinting2View::getPrintRect(CDC* pDC, int margin) { CSize PrintOffset, Physical, Printable; Physical.cx = pDC->GetDeviceCaps(PHYSICALWIDTH); Physical.cy = pD...

How to Restrict Outlook to send mail only within my company domain
Is there a feature, rule, tool, add-in, or macro that will ask me to confirm before I send email outside my comany? On more than one occassion, I meant to send private messages to person@mycompany.com and outlook autocomplete sent it to person@anothercompany.com instead. So is there a way to prescan outgoing messages and pop up an 'are you sure' message box if there is any addressee not in the mycompany.com domain? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

SubForm Acting inconsistently
I have been beating my had against a wall for a few hours now. I am 1 step away from finishing this module within an interface I maintain, and all of the sudden one of my subforms starts acting up on me. The subform (actually a subform of a subform) displays payment history of the customer selected in the parent form (which is a subform itself). The payment information displayed depends on which payment history source the user selects in a drop-down on the parent form, since I have 4 different tables scattered around the network that are potential locations for payment information to s...

Changing windows control look-n-feel (globally)
I'm working on customizing the look-n-feel of our application to be somewhat like XP and Vista (basically flatter with hover effect, etc). Getting the controls to owner draw is one part of the problem. I'm making progress on that. But if I want to make this happen globally so that default dialogs like the AfxMessageBox, scrollbars, buttons and other controls are changed I'm going to have to subclass everything. Short of going into everyplace these controls are referenced what can I do? I'm assuming there has to be some way to basically hook and replace the stan...

OL2000
I want to globally change the reminder period for all my calendar birthday events, is this possible? Export to Excel and change them there, then import back. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Strangiato asked: | I want to globally change the reminder period for all my calendar | birthday events, is this possible? ...

Is there a way to get around 255 char limit on catalog merge?
I am trying to use the new catalog and mailmerge functions in 2003. In particular, being able to merge pictures in with text for our garden center signs is wonderful! However, there is a limit of 255 characters for total merge text. Our signs have rather lengthy descriptions of plants and growing conditions, so this is a problem. Is there any way around this through programming? Don't know about programming, couldn't you use two merge fields for the text? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DBodell" &l...

Inconsistency with date format for downloaded transaction
I have been having trouble with downloading statements from bank website. The files is in QIF file however, the date format they use is MM/DD/YYYY format however Money 2003 is expecting DD/MM/YYYY format so it messes up the transactions imported. Anyone has any idea to fix this problem? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Yakster wrote: >I have been having trouble with downloading statements >from bank website. The files is in QIF file however, the >date format they use is MM/DD/YYYY format however Money >2003 is expecting DD/MM/YYYY format so it messes up the >trans...

Hyperlinking an entire column of domains
Hi I have a column containing text like *http://somedomain.com* but its not hyperlinked. How can I select the column and convert to hyperlinks ? I know for each cell, on editing if I hit the ENTER key, it gets hyperlinked. But how do I do that for an entire column ? Thanks -- anjanesh Freelance Developer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521308 anjanesh Could you use the column next to i...

BCWP inconsistency
I cannot figure out how BCWP is calculated. I have a consistent set up with % Complete as the EV method. Is % Complete the Actual Duration / Duration? I have one task where the BCWS seems to use % Work Complete rather than % Complete while others use a % I cannot find nor figure out. MS Project Help does not give enough information to allow me to consistently calculate BCWP. I have some errors after baselining and I need to find how the core elements are truly calculated so I can tell what I have to do to get the indexes correct (SPI, CPI). I know how those are calculated, ...

Catalog Items Listed
Short of coming up with a better idea while creating a library of articles, my intention is to first generate a list of all the services that could be involved (50 to 60) in an array, all of the 16 departments in an other and the six or seven teams in an other. Creating my articles catalogue (containing a slew of detail columns), on every record, I need to list, for example, in a cell, all the services involved (using the standard predefined names), in an other, all the departments and finally all the teams in an other. As a result, I could query (filter) and list all the articles involv...

Mail-merge inconsistences
There are two different behaviors in mail merging: 1. From an Advanced View, of leads (for example): you can select some items, and make a MSWord mail marge, and then BulkEmail service takes care of tracking all emails correctly, setting the regarding field, and solving responses. 2. From a campaign, is no that good. When making mail merge from MS Word, it sends mails, but don't take care of: a) Unsuscribe part of email (doesn't appear at all) b) Tracking mail from CRM: it doesn't post CRM:xxxxx token, neither attachs mail to leads nor campaign. It simply takes MS Word to send...

2 domains on sbs 2003
hello, when i send a email TO the sbs2003 it doesn't go ok. (internal it works ok). domainA gets the email by pop3 catch all and domainB direct to sbs. a user on the sbs has 2 mailadresses user@domainA.nl and user@domainB.nl i send a mail to user@domainA.nl it arrives and sbs log i see: original user@domainA.nl forwarded to domainsubstitute to user@domainB.nl Why?? BUT when someone has no domainB.nl only domainA.nl than the mail does't arrive. in the exchange recipient policy the are both domainA and B. i hope i made myself clear. can anybody help me out? regards, Mar...

Catalog Data
How do I update catalog data if I only need to add 1 item without having to redo the entire document everytime? -- Sherry Sherry, I can only assume that you are referring to a merged document. Change it. The danger is that you will forget to change the underlying database and the next time you are forced to merge, your document will be out of date. "Sherry" <Sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7054FF2F-2715-4583-AEF8-BF421E37F567@microsoft.com... > How do I update catalog data if I only need to add 1 item without having > to > redo the entir...