Incoming email is bounced when 2nd server added to site

Hello,

I have recently added an additional Exchange server to my Exchange site.  I
can send email to the Internet from my new server, but when mail is sent from
the Internet to the new server, I get NDR report from my existing server in
the site.  What do I need to do to the original server for it to forward
external mail to the new server?

Thanks in advance.

what version Exchange?  if the servers are in the same site, there should be
no problem here...email sent to anyone in your Org should be delivered to
either server.  What is the NDR that is received?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Michael Underwood" <MichaelUnderwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:56504E71-B3DB-4C23-AC66-6E7C6D7006D4@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have recently added an additional Exchange server to my Exchange site.
> can send email to the Internet from my new server, but when mail is sent
> from
> the Internet to the new server, I get NDR report from my existing server
> in
> the site.  What do I need to do to the original server for it to forward
> external mail to the new server?
>
> Thanks in advance.

sconkey (3059)
10/26/2006 4:55:28 PM
Both are Exchange 2K3

NDR states simply states delivery failed.

I do have a SMTP server in front of my original Exchange server that is
doing anti-spam and anti-virus scanning.  It is then passing all mail off to
the original Exchange server.  This shouldn't matter, should it?  The
"Reporting MTA" in my NDR is from the original Exchange server.

--
Michael Underwood - Systems Administrator

CFBMIC
Centennial, CO

"Susan" wrote:

> what version Exchange?  if the servers are in the same site, there should be
> no problem here...email sent to anyone in your Org should be delivered to
> either server.  What is the NDR that is received?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Michael Underwood" <MichaelUnderwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:56504E71-B3DB-4C23-AC66-6E7C6D7006D4@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have recently added an additional Exchange server to my Exchange site.
> > can send email to the Internet from my new server, but when mail is sent
> > from
> > the Internet to the new server, I get NDR report from my existing server
> > in
> > the site.  What do I need to do to the original server for it to forward
> > external mail to the new server?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --

the NDR should say more than that...is message flow from the original server
to the new server OK?

--

message news:D549AD2B-AAEC-48E6-9454-F32D9F1060F0@microsoft.com...
> Both are Exchange 2K3
>
> NDR states simply states delivery failed.
>
> I do have a SMTP server in front of my original Exchange server that is
> doing anti-spam and anti-virus scanning.  It is then passing all mail off
> the original Exchange server.  This shouldn't matter, should it?  The
> "Reporting MTA" in my NDR is from the original Exchange server.
>

> --
> Michael Underwood - Systems Administrator
>
> CFBMIC
> Centennial, CO
>

> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> what version Exchange?  if the servers are in the same site, there should
>> be
>> no problem here...email sent to anyone in your Org should be delivered to
>> either server.  What is the NDR that is received?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Michael Underwood" <MichaelUnderwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:56504E71-B3DB-4C23-AC66-6E7C6D7006D4@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have recently added an additional Exchange server to my Exchange
>> > site.
>> > can send email to the Internet from my new server, but when mail is
>> > sent
>> > from
>> > the Internet to the new server, I get NDR report from my existing
>> > server
>> > in
>> > the site.  What do I need to do to the original server for it to
>> > forward
>> > external mail to the new server?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > --

0
sconkey (3059)

New Server
I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers. However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server, bring it off the network, and remove it with no problem...

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

Adding extra menus
One of my users does not have access to the extra menu in sales order...How do i add the option? Note that the Extras menu only appear if the focus is currently on the window in question. Also, you need to make sure that the addon product that uses a form trigger to add options onto the Extras menu is installed on that workstation, check the DYNAMICS.SET launch file. Hope this helps. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft...

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

server information
i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details can somone help please ? "wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com... >i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details > can somone help please ? Who is your mail provider and or ISP? Give us the error message generated when sending fails. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ It isn't clear to me wh...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

Web services stop after rebooting server
Every month when I go to patch my Windows 2000 Server I have issues with the WWW service stopping every 5-10 minutes. Eventually after a day or so this goes away and all is well. This has happened since we went to v3. Any thoughts? EventType : crmmanaged P1 : 3.0.5300.0 P2 : aspnet_wp P3 : microsoft.crm P4 : there is an error in xml document (1_ 970).;hash='-493497873' ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Linux Server
hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to upload it but it is too slow. :( publiser put some script that even i cant understand... i cant edit it is there someone else what to do?.. please help. thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from toni <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my > web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to > uploa...

is there a posting site for Outlook Express?
I'm having a problem with OE (6.00.2800) and don't know where to post a question. It opens AIM every time I open OE and I can't imagine why. Thanks. It's an option in AIM, but I'm not sure which menu you need to look at in AIM. The express group is here: http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engin...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Exchange server recovery
I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain. My 2nd Exchange server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server. I know that I can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange on this new box. My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain with the domain already having a server by that name? In other words Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same name. How can I do this? I have a full bakup of C: and sys...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Pop Imap NNTP ETC Servers Won't Start
I open system manager, goto pop server, right click and click on start. After a few minutes I get a message did not respond in a timely fashion and to look at event viewer for information. There is nothing there. When I go to tools then status I find that my service group says critical n, which indicates to me that something is not running. How do I trouble shoot this? Rejean Proulx Visit my family at http://interfree.ca MSN is: rejean@interfree.ca Ham License VA3REJ Have you modified the service start state from disabled to manual or automatic? Nue "Rejean Proulx" <r...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

migrating to Win2003 server and exch2003
Hi, All My Win2000 domain consist of a single DC . All my FSMO roles are installed on this domain controller along with exch2000. I need to move all mailboxes, public folders and custom dist list to a new box that is running Win2003 server along with exch2003. I have completed the following.. 1) prep my domain ....ran adprep /forestprep adprep /domainprep 2) made Win2003 a member of the same domain (win2000) 3) Ran dcpromo to promote Win2003 to a DC 4) Move all FSMO role to this new Win2003 DC 5) Install Exch2003 on Win2003 DC 6) Move DNS to new Win2003 ...

pictures and graphics not displaying in emails
I used to always see pictures, logos, graphics, etc. in incoming emails from various companies whose newsletters or ads I subscribe to. Now there is just a box with an x in it. I have tried to change every option I thought might return things to the way they were, but with no luck. I believe this happened after I installed some updates to the Vista OS. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. Toole | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images...........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...